Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Printer The print whole story view may not work for longer stories.
[Reviews - 143] starstarstarstarhalf-star
Summary: It’s another normal evening for Harry Potter, serving detention in the dungeons, that is until he notices water at his feet… water that keeps getting deeper. Harry never expected Hogwarts to flood, or that Severus Snape would come after him when he’s swept out of the castle by the ever present water. A story in response to the 'Natural Disaster At Hogwarts' Challenge by Whitetail.

Awards:
Story Notes:


Please note a few things about this story:

1. The movies have always shown Hogwarts up on a cliff.  I have always imagined Hogwarts down low on sprawling lawns leading down to the lake and off into the woods.  There are many many castles in the UK and surrounding countries that are right down on the water.

2. Just because you haven't read about the characters trying something yet doesn't mean they haven't tried it.

3. If they just magicked themselves out of every situation there would be no story.

4. If you find yourself saying, 'that's dumb, why didn't they try this, that, and the other', pause for a moment and consider that they tried it and it wasn't written about, or that you haven't gotten that far into the story yet to see them do it.

5. Why it all happened is a mystery to the characters, so it takes a while to be revealed in the story. 

Just a few considerations after reading over some of the reviews people have left.  Often people comment the characters (or the writer) is stupid for not doing things, but they haven't read far enough into the story to see them do those things.

P.S. This is his 5th year but Umbridge isn't in this story. 

Table of Contents

1. Into The Night by JAWorley [Reviews - 10] starstarstarstarstar (2138 words) Printer

Saw another author responding to this challenge in an 'earthquake' fashion, and decided this sounded like a really interesting challenge and I wanted to respond too!

2. A Snape Kind Of Night by JAWorley [Reviews - 12] starstarstarstarstar (2684 words) Printer

3. Floundering by JAWorley [Reviews - 12] starstarstarstarstar (1748 words) Printer

Thanks to HP for keeping me company on chat while writing this and giving me some great ideas!

4. Not That Strong by JAWorley [Reviews - 22] starstarstarstarstar (1927 words) Printer

5. Paying By The Hour by JAWorley [Reviews - 14] starstarstarstarhalf-star (1468 words) Printer

6. Breaking The Rules by JAWorley [Reviews - 19] starstarstarstarstar (3080 words) Printer

We finally see what's going on in the rest of the castle.

7. What Lurks In The Deep by JAWorley [Reviews - 36] starstarstarstarhalf-star (2390 words) Printer

I found this photo online (no idea who painted it) but it looked just like Hogwarts under water to me and I wanted to share it with you!

8. The Meaning Of Alone by JAWorley [Reviews - 3] starstarstarstarhalf-star (1905 words) Printer

Working on this story again after a long break from it. More to come soon.

9. Bedraggled And Hungry by JAWorley [Reviews - 4] starstarstarstarstar (1695 words) Printer

10. The Boys by JAWorley [Reviews - 11] starstarstarstarhalf-star (2074 words) Printer

To be continued...
JAWorley is the author of 61 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 105 members. Members who liked 17 Days also liked 1665 other stories.

Disclaimer Charm: Harry Potter and all related works including movie stills belong to J.K. Rowling, Scholastic, Warner Bros, and Bloomsbury. Used without permission. No copyright infringement is intended. No money is being made off of this site. All fanfiction and fanart are the property of the individual writers and artists represented on this site and do not represent the views and opinions of the Webmistress.

Powered by eFiction 3.5