Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Printer The print whole story view may not work for longer stories.
[Reviews - 98] starstarstarstarstar
Summary: Severus Snape gets more than he bargained for when he overhears a heated conversation between Harry Potter and his best friend, Ronald Weasley.

Takes Place: 3rd summer Chapters: 7
Snape flavour: None Completed: Yes
Categories: Parental Snape > Guardian Snape, Teacher Snape > Trusted Mentor Snape, Misc > All written in Snape's POV Genres: Family, Hurt/Comfort
Tags: Adoption, Alternate Universe Word count: 25461
Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Dumbledore, Lily, Original Character, Ron Read: 72565
Rated: T
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys
Series: None
Challenges: Window Sills
Published: 23 Apr 2013 - Updated: 20 Jun 2014
Awards:
Story Notes:

This was written for Swarmygliders' challenge, Window Sills.

Liberties have been taken with characterization and with regard to Snape's past. I hope that, regardless of these liberties, readers will still find this enjoyable, and leave feedback.

 

This is a work of fiction based on J.K. Rowling's characters.

Table of Contents

1. Argument Interrupted by darkorangecat [Reviews - 16] starstarstarstarstar (4204 words) Printer

2. Dotting i's and Crossing t's by darkorangecat [Reviews - 12] starstarstarstarstar (2349 words) Printer

This particular chapter features Severus' interaction with Hermione and Ronald in an effort to better understand Harry. I've got a bit of a different take on Ronald in this story; hopefully you won't find that irksome.

3. Dreams and Memory by darkorangecat [Reviews - 6] starstarstarstarstar (3450 words) Printer

This was written after I'd written the story; I thought that, given the nature of many reviews, this chapter was a necessity. I hope that it fits well, and that you enjoy it. Thanks...

4. Rebuilding Bridges by darkorangecat [Reviews - 9] starstarstarstarhalf-star (2774 words) Printer

This shows perhaps a different side to Severus and summarizes some events for the sake of not beleaguering or weighing down the plot with what I felt were unnecessary details (signing of the contract; dinner with Mr. Prince; Hermoine's and Ron's inclusion in the plot for Severus to adopt Harry, and their subsequent discussion with Harry).

5. A Swiflty Tilting Perspective by darkorangecat [Reviews - 20] starstarstarstarstar (6851 words) Printer

I apologize for taking so long to get this up, but this chapter was not part of the original writing, and it just came to me today. What I had as my last chapter, didn't seem like it would be enough. I've written Harry a little differently than he is in canon, because I've placed him in different circumstances. I hope that you enjoy the expansion of this story, and that you don't find how I've written Harry to be vexing.

6. Confrontations of Necessity by darkorangecat [Reviews - 16] starstarstarstarhalf-star (2222 words) Printer

This is a chapter that I have been thinking on for a while. I wasn't sure about whether or not it was something important to include, but, in the end, I decided that it was. I hope my rambling is making sense.
There is a brief mention of suicide, though no specifics are given.

7. New Beginnings by darkorangecat [Reviews - 19] starstarstarstarstar (3611 words) Printer

I apologize for taking forever to get this tweaked and then post it. In truth, I got busy with work, and then forgot about this in the midst of all else that was going on.

This is the original ending that I had written for this story, before a side muse kicked in. I do hope that it works alright. (Another reason I took forever to post was because I kept second-guessing myself)

The End.
darkorangecat is the author of 13 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 116 members. Members who liked Windowsill Confessions also liked 1851 other stories.

Disclaimer Charm: Harry Potter and all related works including movie stills belong to J.K. Rowling, Scholastic, Warner Bros, and Bloomsbury. Used without permission. No copyright infringement is intended. No money is being made off of this site. All fanfiction and fanart are the property of the individual writers and artists represented on this site and do not represent the views and opinions of the Webmistress.

Powered by eFiction 3.5