Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Printer The print whole story view may not work for longer stories.
[Reviews - 39] starstarstarstarstar
Summary: Sequel to From Tragedy to Treasure. Harry thought his second year at Hogwarts would be normal with just the everyday worries of classes and Quidditch. However, he soon finds out that this year will be unlike any other year before. This story is part of the series, Tragedy. The previous story in the series is From Tragedy to Treasure. The next story in the series is From Always to Forever.

Takes Place: 2nd summer, 2nd Year Chapters: 24
Snape flavour: None Completed: Yes
Categories: Parental Snape > Biological Father Snape Genres: Action/Adventure, Family
Tags: Alternate Universe Word count: 126307
Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Sinistra, Tobias Snape Read: 78543
Rated: T
Warnings: Romance/Het, Violence
Series: Tragedy
Challenges: None
Published: 08 Jun 2013 - Updated: 25 Jul 2013
Awards:
Story Notes:

Disclaimer: Harry Potter belongs to J.K. Rowling obviously.

A/N: This is the sequel to From Tragedy to Treasure. I would read that story first before reading this one or it won't make sense. For those of you have been eagerly awaiting this sequel, I hope to answer all the questions I didn't answer with the last chapter of Tragedy and with this chapter I tried to start to address some of those questions. For example, the man from Birmingham will appear again, and I'll reveal partly what Severus dreamt with the Soul Need potion he took. Now, before I continue, let me just say that this story will be different from Chamber of Secrets. Lockhart will not be the Lockhart we know from the books and movies. He'll still be his fraudulent self, just a bit of a twist added to him. I also have re-covered some things with this chapter that will hopefully make you question some things as I give a new take on some things. Also, I am very heavy on foreshadowing. So, before I begin to become long-winded, let me just say this-enjoy, my lovely readers.

Table of Contents

1. Something Wicked This Way Comes by Lady Lanera [Reviews - 1] (3784 words) Printer

2. Blood, Toil, Tears, and Sweat by Lady Lanera [Reviews - 1] starstarstarstarstar (6368 words) Printer

My muse went a little darker with this part, but no worries. There is a reason. The title of this chapter is rather fitting considering it was one of Churchill's famous speeches. Enjoy.

3. Probing for Answers by Lady Lanera [Reviews - 1] starstarstarstarstar (2359 words) Printer

4. Family Time by Lady Lanera [Reviews - 1] starstarstarstarstar (3124 words) Printer

5. Off to a Bad Start by Lady Lanera [Reviews - 2] starstarstarstarstar (2894 words) Printer

The classes scenes will have familiar dialogue from Chamber of Secrets' chapter "Gilderoy Lockhart." I've changed a bit with the Defense and Herbology, though, but I give full credit to J.K. for the framework and direct lines I used. Enjoy.

6. Dream You Wide Awake by Lady Lanera [Reviews - 1] starstarstarstarstar (3886 words) Printer

Be on the lookout for interesting/mysterious things in this chapter. Enjoy.

7. Secrets by Lady Lanera [Reviews - 1] starstarstarstarstar (3873 words) Printer

8. Popcorn by Lady Lanera [Reviews - 2] starstarstarstarstar (3591 words) Printer

9. Pieces by Lady Lanera [Reviews - 1] starstarstarstarstar (2597 words) Printer

10. Breathe by Lady Lanera [Reviews - 2] starstarstarstarstar (4089 words) Printer

11. Shattered by Lady Lanera [Reviews - 2] starstarstarstarstar (5701 words) Printer

12. Bonds by Lady Lanera [Reviews - 2] starstarstarstarstar (4655 words) Printer

13. Moste Potente Potions by Lady Lanera [Reviews - 1] starstarstarstarstar (3933 words) Printer

The flowers I allude to in this chapter come from the fic, "I Never Expected This" by blueartemis. Enjoy.

14. Taking a Bludger by Lady Lanera [Reviews - 1] (3456 words) Printer

15. Set Up by Lady Lanera [Reviews - 2] starstarstarstarstar (4568 words) Printer

Clearly, some of the lines in the Dueling club scene below are from Chamber of Secrets.

16. Catch a Break by Lady Lanera [Reviews - 1] starstarstarstarstar (2825 words) Printer

17. Alarm by Lady Lanera [Reviews - 0] (5541 words) Printer

18. Family Secrets by Lady Lanera [Reviews - 2] starstarstarstarstar (2843 words) Printer

Hopefully, you're not too squeamish. There is a bit of a mention here. Getting down to the bare bones of the story currently. Enjoy.

19. Maternal Differences by Lady Lanera [Reviews - 2] starstarstarstarstar (8446 words) Printer

Lots of info in this chapter, and it'll sound a bit jumbled but that's due to lots of actions needed to advance the plot. It is a long chapter, but I tried not to leave us with a cliffhanger at the end. A huge thanks to DaughterofAres who always keeps on me to update and points out any issues. :) And another huge thanks to all of you, my dear readers. Enjoy.

20. House of the Brave by Lady Lanera [Reviews - 1] starstarstarstarstar (10065 words) Printer

We're getting down there to the end, loves. Enjoy another long chapter. Tell me if you're liking these long chapters or not. I appreciate feedback.

21. Yuletide Longings by Lady Lanera [Reviews - 2] starstarstarstarstar (8367 words) Printer

Some key conversations that needed to happen. Enjoy.

22. Dealing with the Garbage by Lady Lanera [Reviews - 3] starstarstarstarstar (9161 words) Printer

Okay, I lied. It might be another chapter. :) The Kinship bunny grew some more and demanded that I update so I don't have a 50 page chapter. There are moments of drama, comedy, suspense, little romance, jaw dropping, and family moments. Enjoy.

23. Amor Vincit Omnia by Lady Lanera [Reviews - 3] starstarstarstarstar (13160 words) Printer

This story has just exploded lately. Bunnies. I tell you. :D It's likely not as well-polished as my usual chapters are, and I'll admit I had difficulty deciding where to break the chapter up. I decided not to leave you on a cliffhanger. So, enjoy the long chapter.

24. Start to a Very Good Thing by Lady Lanera [Reviews - 4] starstarstarstarhalf-star (7021 words) Printer

Thank you so much for sticking with me to the very end. A bit of a shorter chapter than usual, but it should leave you with a smile on your face. Enjoy.

The End.
Lady Lanera is the author of 33 other stories. This story is part of the series, Tragedy. The previous story in the series is From Tragedy to Treasure. The next story in the series is From Always to Forever.
This story is a favorite of 16 members. Members who liked From Kinship to Family also liked 607 other stories.

Disclaimer Charm: Harry Potter and all related works including movie stills belong to J.K. Rowling, Scholastic, Warner Bros, and Bloomsbury. Used without permission. No copyright infringement is intended. No money is being made off of this site. All fanfiction and fanart are the property of the individual writers and artists represented on this site and do not represent the views and opinions of the Webmistress.

Powered by eFiction 3.5