Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Chapter 8: Where do I belong?

*Parsel-Tongue*

~Sorting hat~

Harry was currently listening to Ron talk about a Quidditch game of the Chudley Cannons he had seen this past summer; when he suddenly felt the searing pain in his scar. The pain was so intense he hurriedly occluded his mind and tried to keep an eye out at the same time. Voldemort was holding a meeting, and Snape was there.

What the hell? Harry hadn't even heard him leave; he vaguely noticed Ron had stopped talking. He put a hand up when the red-headed boy looked to be about to say something. He was so glad that he found the secret to shielding his mind, and that he could no longer feel Voldemort's curses.

The Evil man was definitly angry about something and the Death eaters were getting cursed left and right. Harry was just glad that he can no longer feel their pain and therefore didn't sympathize with them.

He sat here silently staring to get the gist of the meeting but realizing that he's being a bad host he reluctantly comes out of his mind to finish talking with Ron who is looking at him with what looks like a hint....of pride.

"Snape taught you that?" He asked in bit of awe at the display his friend had just shown.

Harry nodded silently even though he knew Snape didn't do a thing. How could he explain this to Ron without sound crazy or worse without making Ron jealous like in 4th year?

"Wicked mate, then you should be back in Gryffindor Tower soon huh?" Ron asked eagerly.

"No," Harry replied softly.

"Why not, you've nearly got it down packed right?" Ron asked in confusion.

"Yeah but that's not the whole reason why I have to stay with Snape," Harry mumbled out resigning himself to having to tell this story all over again.

"What's the rest of the reason?" He asked quietly, noticing how their conversation had taken a turn on the serious side once more.
As much as he felt he didn't want to truly know, he wanted Harry to tell him. He was best friend and he wanted to help the other teen anyway he could.

Harry sighed quietly before he nodded "Do you remember last week when you and Granger came to visit me in the hospital?" At the moment Hermione wasn't his friend and he wouldn't call her by her given name.

"Yeah what was that about mate?" Ron asked worriedly remembering the scared feeling in his chest at something happening to Harry. He ignored Harry's call at Hermione, some battles weren't meant to be fought.

"The Dursleys happened, and I almost died but Snape saved me." Harry winced as he waited for Ron's reaction.

"He did? Well alright then," Ron replied after a quiet moment of silence as he thought that over.

Harry stared open-mouthed at Ron for a minute before finally replying as he came back to his senses. "Ron are you sure you're okay? You hate Snape remember?"

"Naw I never hated him as a person, I hated how he treated you but that was it," Ron admitted as if it was no big deal.

"Who are you and what the hell have you done to Ron?" Harry asked suspiciously his wand falling tightly into his hand as he pointed it at the impostor's chest. There was no way in hell this was his Ron, even if he did look like them.

"Harry calm down, it's me I promise. I just grew up a bit over the summer; it was bound to happen right?" Ron replied sheepishly, though he hadn't pulled his wand out. He didn't feel threatened, as this was Harry he was talking about.

"Okay," Harry replied warily. His wand hadn't moved and inch from where it was pointed, and he stood there tensed for battle. So he was being a bit paranoid but the Ron he knew was as stubborn as they come.

Ron eyed him for a few seconds before sighing. "In our 3rd year we went to the Shrieking Shack. And there, we found out that Pettigrew was Scabbers, Remus was a werewolf, and Sirius was your Godfather and a grim like dog. Who might I add, bit my leg to get to Pettigrew who escaped when Remus transformed and almost killed us. Believe me now?" Ron said cockily with a smirk of his own.

Harry blushed at the explanation as he realized this was indeed his friend and he was holding him at wand point. Embarrassed he put his wand away. "Yeah sorry mate, I guess I'm a bit paranoid but you're.. different," Harry stated before he shook his head in disbelief.

"No problem mate, I'd be freaked out too, I know the twins were, mum was so proud of me. But it was a bit embarrassing if you ask me, she kept sniffling every time she looked at me and cooing; 'my little Ronnie's growing up'." Ron blushed as he realized what he said but it was the truth.

"It took you long enough," Harry said punching his friend playfully.

"Yeah well, some people mature faster then others. And others like me are just too thickheaded," he said with a grin.

"Well I'm happy whatever the reason," Harry told him quietly.

"So am I, you need all the friends you can get this year. So don't you worry I'm not going anywhere," he promised him.

Harry found himself having to look away, the loyalty that seemed to be pouring off of Ron was coming off in a big wave. He couldn't believe it. He only hoped that Ron would be this supportive when he told him about the Slytherins, and he would because he honestly couldn't keep this away from the teen. The Weaselys were his family. He was shook out of his thoughts when he saw the red-headed teen stand up and stretch.

"I'd better go, curfew is in a bit and I don't want Filch to catch me. You gonna be okay alone down here?" Ron asked seriously.

"Yeah he should be back soon," Harry told him easily. "See ya Ron,"

"Later Harry," he said before making his way out the room and then the quarters.

When Ron left Harry found himself shaking his head to ward off those thoughts that made him want to cut. He didn't trust himself to be alone right now and he wished that he hadn't told Ron he was okay. He got up quickly intended on going after the other teen when he froze as he became aware of something.

Now would be the perfect time to let Draco and Daphne see how he was; not to mention poor Blaize. Harry hoped they weren't torturing him. He took the secret passage that led him directly into the common room by hissing the password. He stepped in waving to a few people before quickly going up the stairs to the 6th year dorms where his friends were lounging about.

"Hey guys, Hope I didn't get you in trouble?" Harry asked warily as he took seat on Draco's bed.

"No it's not your fault, I fucking dropped you. And and then I made you re-brake your ribs," Blaise said guiltily as he gave his friend a horrified look. "I'm so sorry,"

"Not your fault Blaise, really it barely even hurt," he lied then found himself wincing at the remembered pain.

"Right that's why you screamed like that and nearly gave me a heart attack," Daphne replied with a knowing look of her own that said they weren't fooled. "That scream scared the crap outta me Harry," she admitted.


"Who you telling? Daphne had to grab my arm to stop me from rushing to your side," Draco added in quietly.

"Enough about that, how..." but Harry was interrupted trying to change the subject.

"You were hurt, and now you're trying to play it off like you weren't? What the hell Harry?" Theo asked in disbelief.

"Because I've had worse and I want to show you a secret I found. And sitting here talking about this is wasting time," Harry said before he shrugged and got off the bed before walking out the door, knowing they would follow him.

"I hate it when he does that," Draco muttered out, frowning as he got up and followed Harry out the door.

"Where are we going?" Daphne asked the group trudged down the steps.

"I'll tell you in a second when we get out of the common room," Harry said excitedly, as he wanted to show them this particular secret for quite some time.

Knowing that Harry rarely was happy they didn't say anything to erase that smile on his face. Even when the teen in question led them to Moaning Myrtle's bathroom. The looks of disgust were on all their face's except for the raven-haired teen.

Harry took a moment to settle himself as he looked around the bathroom. Here laid the place where he had almost died. It felt like forever ago instead of just a week ago.

"Hey Myrtle," Harry said casually as he walked towards the sinks.

Ignoring both her and his friends he walked over to the sink with the snake on it. He smirked at his friends before brightly hissing "Open" in parsel-tongue. Snickering at the gasps behind him he hissed; "stairs" and they appeared. Grabbing Daphne's hand he started down the stairs.

"Welcome to the Chamber of Secrets guys," Harry said cheerfully.

He turned around to see their expression, and it was a comical sight. Disbelief was the main emotion and Harry laughed which snapped them out of their stupor.

"Are you shitting me? Is this really Slytherin's Chamber of secrets?" Draco asked unable to believe his eyes.

"Oh it is, come here I'll show you the skin of the basilisk," Harry said eagerly, not noticing the blonde boy suddenly go even paler then his pale skin. He led them to the snake skin, making his way over to Blaize who seemed to be the only one brave enough to touch it.

"You have no idea how much this is worth do you?" He asked his friend in a choked whisper.

"Nope, I take it it's quite a lot?" Harry asked curiously.

"That's saying it lightly," Theo laughed as they pulled their friend away from the skin and headed towards the mouth of the Chamber.

Harry was joking with his friends when he suddenly heard it and froze as he heard something that shouldn't be here. He let go of Daphne's hand, alerting them all that something was up.

"What is it?" Blaize asked, his wand already out.

"I don't know, wait here. I think I heard something," Harry told them as he started walking through the chamber.

"Dammit Harry, don't be a Gryffindor," Draco hissed out angrily as his friend dropped from view.

Harry wasn't being a Gryffindor, if he heard correctly, the last thing he wanted was loss of lives from his friend. As he walked closer he heard another soft hiss, so the snakes in the portrait had been right apparently.

~Whossse there? Was the soft hiss he heard.~

~Hi there, I'm Harry~

~Master?~

~If you want me to be~

Harry stood still as a snake came through the door it was about the size of an adult python, but it was only just a baby he could see that now. He held out his arm and it covered his stomach and torso.

*What's your name little one, Harry asked unafraid.

~I don't have one young speaker~

~Well how about, are you male or female? Harry asked curiously~

~Male~

~How about Sssssssammy~

~Ssssssammy it is young sssspeaker, now we bond~

Before he could blink, a light surrounded them and then he found himself bonded to the friendly snake named Sammy.

*Sssammy I've got sssome friendssss I want you to meet, you are not to harm them okay? And after you meet then I'll ssssee about getting you ssssomething to eat. You are hungry right?*

*Yessss Harry I underssssstand, and Yessss I am hungry*

Harry walked back to his friends who had found or cleaned a place to sit down. When he approached them he watched in amusement how they all took a step back. About to be offended Sammy hissed and Harry remembered the snake around his waist.

"You guys can come in and see the Chamber, and look at the giant basilisk corpse," he said as if nothing was out of the ordinary.

"Harry, what is that around your body?" Daphne asked warily.

"A snake," Harry replied with a smirk.

"Smart ass. She meant to say; that better not be a baby basilisk," Theo replied his eyes wide in horror.

"And if it is?" Harry remarked casually.

"Each to their own," Theo replied quickly, he wasn't stupid in the slightest.

"He won't hurt you, and his name is Sammy," Harry replied smiling brightly at his friends. Well at least until he took in the scared expression on Draco's face, he had forgotten about Dray's fear of snakes despite the fact that it was the mascot of his house.

"I promise Drake he won't even touch you," Harry promised, before moving so he was on the other side of Blaise the furthest away from Draco. Harry sighed as Draco slightly relaxed his shoulders.

"Well let's see the rest of it," Draco said quietly, but to be honest he just wanted to get out the Chamber before they found more snakes.

By the time Harry got finished showing them the Chamber, curfew was going to be in 10 minutes. He showed them the passage that would lead directly into the common room. They left and Harry went and showed Sammy the tunnel that led to the forbidden forest where he could hunt to his heart's content.

He bade Sammy goodbye before leaving for Snape's quarters. Harry was about 45 minutes late for curfew, he cringed. He was hoping that Snape wasn't back from the meeting yet. But when he got to Salazar he knew that it wasn't to be.

*Where were you young speaker, Severus is out of his mind with worry; not to mention how furious he is.*

*I was in the Chamber of Secrets checking out my new baby basilisk familiar, I named him Sammy.*

*Tomorrow I want to know everything, but tonight best not keep Severus waiting.*

Harry grimaced at the thought of his guardian being angry before hissing; *Lily Flower*

Harry stepped in Snape's quarters as quietly as he could and made his way toward his room. He was almost there when Snape appeared out of nowhere; neither said anything for a moment they just stared at one another. Harry was happy to see that Snape didn't look hurt, thinking that while Voldemort was mad he probably didn't want to do anything to damage his Potions Master.

Severus was trying to rein in his anger before he spoke to the child; it wouldn't do either of them any good if he lost his temper.

Harry looked as Snape struggled not to yell and he involuntarily took a step back. His gaze however was glued on Snape's hands. Which is why, when his Professor raise his arm to run a hand through his hair; Harry flinched back noticeably and raised his arms to shield his face.

Severus stared at the child in alarm he wasn't going to hit the child. He quickly tried to reassure Harry who had let his arms downs and was now blushing in shame.

"I wasn't going to hit you Harry; I was just about to run my fingers through my hair," he told the child carefully.

"I know that," Harry mumbled out embarrassingly. It usually took about a month or so for him to tone down his flinches after a summer with his relatives. But he could usually joke it off, but now with Snape he didn't think he could.

"If you know, then why did you react the way you did?" Severus pointed out.

"It was a reflex, every raise hand could be hit you never know. To protect your face you need to be on guard, always," he replied simply.

Severus said nothing, what could he say the boy had spoken the truth. How many times did he think the same thing after a summer with Tobias? The Dursleys were going to get theirs he would make sure of it. Severus shook his head, and went back to the current situation at hand.

"Where were you Harry?" He asked tiredly.

"Visiting my pet," he replied softly. Harry didn't feel like lying and that was true technically Sammy was his pet.

"You do know curfew was 45 minutes ago don't you?" Severus asked him with a sigh.

"Yes sir, but I really needed to get away," he replied honestly.

"What was troubling you so much that you left without leaving a note, letting me know that you might be a bit late for curfew?" Severus prodded.

Harry quickly thought it through, he could tell Snape about his urges but he really wanted to know about the meeting and what exactly Voldemort was angry about since he couldn't listen in due to Ron being there with him.

"I saw the meeting," Harry breathed out watching Snape's reaction.

Severus's eyes tighten as he neutrally replied, "Oh, did you?"

"Yeah, only I couldn't really pay much attention because Ron was here with me," he found himself admitting.

"No matter, did you hear anything that interested you enough to tell me or the Headmaster?" Severus asked anyway, needing to make sure.

"No, as I said I didn't want to be rude since Ron was here too. He was really angry though because he was cursing everyone, and that usually hurts since I can feel their pain," Harry replied as an afterthought.

"Are you in pain now?" Severus asked his eyes flashing worriedly to his ward.

"No, for some reason I didn't feel anything today which was good for me," Harry said with a small smile.

"Did he notice that you were there?" Severus continued questioning.

"No sir," he said happily.

"Very well, tomorrow I will speak to the Headmaster about you getting Occlumency lessons again," Severus told him quietly.

Harry bowed his head; it was now or never;

"I'm sorry for looking into your Pensieve last year. I was angry that no one would tell me anything and I thought that you might have had information since your both Dumbledore and the Dark Lords right hand man. I didn't tell anyone what I saw either, except for Remus and Sirius and that's only because I wanted to know why they did it. I also would like to apologize of on behalf of Sirius Black on the way he treated you because he was my Godfather and on behalf of my father James Potter who treated you like Dudley did me, but with magic. You didn't deserve that sir, and I was ashamed of them both. I hope you can accept my apology," Harry managed to get out.

Not wanting to face the possible rejection of his heartfelt apology, Harry turned to run to his room, but stopped and spoke again.

"I wanted you to know that I forgive you sir, even if you don't ever forgive me, I forgive you and I thank you for saving my life year after year when you didn't have to, goodnight," he said as his parting words before he sprinted for his room.

One there Harry got changed and hid under the bed. After making his self so vulnerable out there, his bed didn't feel secure enough. And he found himself once more actually longing for the safety of his cupboard, but under the bed would do. He laid his weary head down on the floor and fell asleep.

Severus was still staring at the spot Harry had stood at 15 minutes before. Still shocked that the child had apologized to him and not to mention that the child had also forgiven him, he didn't know what to do. Severus sighed why did the child always seemed to run away whenever they had a serious discussion. Harry Potter had also apologized on behalf of his deceased godfather and deceased father to Severus Snape their favorite victim.

Severus didn't know what to think, but Harry needed to know that he was forgiven. Even though Snape still felt betrayed when he thought about the ‘Pensieve incident'; he couldn't blame the boy. After all they were all under orders by the Headmaster to tell Harry nothing. Look where that got them; a child so broken and fragile, hurt and afraid to trust the same adults who didn't trust him. Severus knocked on Harry's door but he didn't hear anything on the other side so he opened it.

Expecting to see Harry on the bed but he wasn't anywhere in sight. Where could the child be? Severus thought, he had seen him run in here and hadn't seen or heard him leave; so he knew that Harry had to be in here. He checked in the closet, than looked around the room there really wasn't that many places for a child to hide.

He walked over to the bed and bent down to check under it, there was the child lying on the floor curled up in a ball. Severus pulled Harry from underneath the bed and lifted him and put him on the bed. After tucking him in (which he would later deny) he spelled the room and walked out, determined to get to the bottom of Harry's strange behavior.

When Severus woke up the next morning, thanking Merlin that it was a Saturday he figured today would be a good day to visit Surrey. He headed over to the Headmaster's office knowing that Minerva would be there, she was along with that wretched werewolf.

"Good morning Albus, Minerva, Wolf," he said in a nuetral tone.

They all exchanged bemused expressions at that last one and he raise an eyebrow before launching in his idea. Headmaster be damned if he tried to stop him, after all he's the one who left Harry in the care of those horrid people.

"I just wanted to see if Minerva would accompany me this morning to a student's house, we need to have a discussion about their choices in discipline towards the child in their care," he spoke cryptically and looked pointedly at her hoping she'd get the message.

She did as did the Wolf but Severus figured this would work in their favor, besides the Dursleys deserved a good scare for how they treated Harry.

"Perhaps Remus could come too, don't you think Severus?" Minerva asked, clearly they were both thinking the same thing.

"And what student would that be?" The headmaster asked his eyes twinkling.

"It's of no importance Albus, we'll take care of everything," Severus turned to Remus then. "Do you think you might want to come with us Lupin?"

"Why thank you Severus, I think I will," Remus replied with a smirk.

"Don't worry Albus, I'll keep Severus under control," Minerva replied smiling at the man.

"But who will keep you under control Minnie?" Albus replied grinning in return, they weren't fooling him for one minute.

"I'll behave myself, don't you worry," Minerva said with a glint in her eye.

"Very well, I guess I'll have that talk with Harry then," Albus told them.

"Do keep in mind that his emotions are fragile, wouldn't want to lose anymore trinkets do you Albus?" Severus warned lowly.

"Right you are my boy, no lasting damage to them, can't have you in jail. How would that help Harry?" Albus replied as he rubbed his beard thoughtfully. "For all that you say you hate him Severus, you're sounding like an overprotective parent," Albus said chuckling.

Severus scowled, "If that is all then we best be off now," he said then strolled out of the room with Remus and Minerva grinning behind him.

Harry awoke alone; he knew Snape was gone by how still it was. There was a breakfast tray by his bed with his potions and a note that only said; "You'd better eat breakfast. And if you don't, trust me I will know."

Harry smirked, not wanting to cross the man over something so simple he ate and almost finished it all. He smiled to himself happily as he realized that his stomach was growing again. As he was finishing up his potions, Fawkes appeared in front of him with a letter. After he grabbed it, the phoenix flashed away.

He sighed loudly before suddenly throwing the note on his bed not even bothering to read it. He already knew that he had to talk to the Headmaster, funny how the man chose the day when Snape was away. Harry wondered where Snape was all the while he got dressed.

He picked up the note to check to see if there was a password but there was none, what was he going to do? He could floo over but his heart started pounding at that very thought, not to mention he was supposed to be taking it easy. As he was stressing on what to do, he heard a knock at the door. He answered it and it was Ron, he smiled to himself this was perfect.

Ron knew of his aversion to flooing and when he asked his friend if he would floo to the Headmaster's office with him he agreed without hesitation. After stumbling once before Ron caught him, Harry promised to meet him in Gryffindor tower after the meeting so they could do something later. When Ron had left Harry looked up to see the Headmaster twinkling eyes gazing back at him, after denying the offered lemon drops, their talk began.

"Harry my dear boy , from the bottom of my heart, I wish to apologize to you about brushing off your concerns each year. I admit I was focused on the bigger picture but I had forgotten the sacrifices I had to make to get that. My ignoring you was tempting fate so to speak, and we don't need another Dark lord on our hands because of my atrocious decisions," Albus started off carefully.

Throughout the Headmaster's apology Harry hadn't moved an inch, and his expression remained blank and uncaring for the most part but inside he was seething. He had fooled his teachers and peers alike for the past 5 years and so he was able to catch what the Headmaster had said. Was this why Tom had become evil? Children are not born good or evil, they learn those behaviors.

Something just doesn't add up at moment, vowing to think on it later he shook the thought away and said nothing. The Headmaster wouldn't get off that easy, and he wasn't naïve an innocent like they thought he was, he had seen too many things in his life, most of them here.

"Harry I know that I insisted that you stay at the Dursleys because of the blood wards. And while I regret that slightly now, I feel I should point out that they did keep you safe my boy," the old man pointed out.

"From the Dark Lord they kept me safe, not from my relations. Besides if he knew the address of the house he could have easily gotten me at anytime. After the events of 4th year he lives on because of my blood. Or had you forgotten that little detail?" Harry asked quietly.

He knew that he was unsettling the old man by referring to Tom as the Dark Lord; but after all the old man had put in through he didn't care. The trust Harry had with the Headmaster was gone and Albus was going to have to work hard to get it back. Harry was nobody's fool, it was time the old man became aware of that.

"I just can't apologize enough Harry, I truly have failed you," Albus finished sadly.

"That you have Headmaster," Harry smirked channeling his inner Slytherin as he found that he had an idea.

Albus sighed softly as he popped one of his lemon drops in his mouth. Hoping that he hadn't caused the child to turn his back on the light side. He gave the child another sad look, what had he done? "I truly am sorry," he added.

"Of course you are Headmaster, but I'm not feeling very charitable at the moment," Harry said slowly.

Albus frowned as he took in the boy's words. "Can you find it in your heart to forgive an old man's mistakes?"

Harry smirked here, at the question his Slytherin side coming out full force. "You might be able to make a little bit of that lost of trust up to me, if you're interested I mean," he said carefully.

"Of course my boy," Albus replied happy that he hadn't lost Harry like he did Tom.

It was just luck that Lily and James Potter hadn't come back to haunt him; because of his blindness Harry had almost died, and according to Severus the child did die he was just brought back to life. He would do anything to fix the wrong on his behalf that the child had suffered.

"I need to have a word with the Sorting Hat; I believe that I belong to another house," Harry said matter of factually.

"Are you sure about this Harry?" Albus asked an unsettling feeling appearing in his stomach.

Even though Albus had known Harry was right, he had a feeling that he wouldn't like the results. But at the moment his hands were tied by his own rope and Severus not to mention Remus would hurt him if he hurt that child anymore. He wouldn't put it past Minnie either.

"Very Headmaster, Do we have an agreement or not?" Harry grinned inwardly, wondering how the the old man felt when he was the one being manipulated. He could see judging by the frown on his face he didn't like it so much either.

"Very well Harry; Accio Sorting Hat," Albus sighed but there was nobody to blame but his self, he handed the hat to Harry.

Harry smiled brightly as he took the hat and before the old man could change his mind, he slipped the hat on, the brim covering his eyes.

~We meet again Mr. Potter; I have talked to you more than any other student since I've first started sorting. What can I help you with? ~

"I wanted to know if I can be re-sorted into another house but keep my old house? In essence is it possible for students to be in 2 houses?" If not then I'll just choose Slytherin, everyone else can kick rocks," he decided with a snicker.

~There have been a few students who have gotten sorted into 2 houses. It's usually a Hufflepuff-Gryffindor combination, along with a Ravenclaw-Slytherin, they've had every match except for Gryffindor-Slytherin. But I suppose there is a first time for everything, and I can't think of any student that would fit both houses except for yourself as you well know. It's a shame not to many take the time to look pass the boy-who-lived persona and see the real you under it.~

"Does that mean yes, you're going to do it?" Harry didn't dare hope, knowing his luck he'd just set himself up for disappointment.

~None of that, I finally get my wish to sort you into the house that can help you overcome your difficulties Mr. Potter. Trust Severus he knows what you're going through, and he won't give up on you even when you've already given up on yourself.~

A new thought occurred to Harry, was the Sorting Hat allowed to tell the student's secrets?

~No Mr. Potter, not unless they give me a reason to doubt their sanity or I fear they may harm themselves or others.~

Harry said nothing, but it was well worth the risk. Besides they already knew about his self-injuring habit, as for the other reason he refused to think about it. At least at this very moment and instead focused on the task at hand.

"So what will it be?" Harry asked, unconsciously holding his breath in anticipation.

~Better be....SLYTHINDOR! ~

"You gotta say it where the Headmaster can know what you mean. That house doesn't exist," Harry replied laughing. If hats could smirk that one would have.

~Better be....GRYFFINDOR AND SLYTHERIN! Do come back and talk with me Mr. Potter won't you? I do enjoy our talks immensely and I would love to know how Slytherin house will treat you. But judging by the thoughts in your head there probably won't be any difference.~

"Will do," Harry replied easily.

He kept his face neutral as he took in the Headmaster's expression. Harry was elated at the fact that he now officially a Slytherin and he couldn't wait to tell Draco and Daphne about what happened.

"Harry, maybe its best if we kept this quiet don't you think, my boy?" Albus tried.

Harry's eyes narrowed at the implication of the man's word. "No Headmaster I don't want to hide. Besides the castle probably already added another bed in the Slytherin common Room the minute the sorting hat announced it. You want me to be ashamed of one of my houses? If that's the case then I'll deny Gryffindor. They turn on me every year anyways," Harry replied coolly,

"No of course not, I juts meant we'll tell everyone when you are 100% better," Albus said quickly.

"Sure Headmaster," Harry had no intention of keeping this info to himself, it was time the Headmaster realized that Harry was his own person and not a pawn to be played with.

"Oh, one other thing Harry, I just wanted to inform you that your Quidditch ban has been lifted," the old man said knowing that the child would probably relish in that.

"Oh that's good, do you know where Professor Snape is?" Harry asked politely.

"He, Minerva, and Remus are visiting your relatives," Albus replied seeing no reason to lie. If anything he wanted to see what Harry's reaction to that statement would be.

"Is that so? Well I hope they give the Dursleys exactly what they deserve and more," Harry replied smirking at the thought of Vernon trying to go up against Snape.

"Surely you don't mean that, do you Harry?" Albus asked in disbelief at the thought.

"I don't know, do I Headmaster?," he said mockingly before he stood up and stretched. "Oh before I go I had a vision of last night's meeting,"

"You're going to have to resume Occlumency lessons, but you knew that already. Would you prefer to have them with me or with Severus again?" Albus asked giving him a choice this time.

"Professor Snape," Harry replied without missing a beat and casually ignoring the downtrodden expression on his Headmaster's face.

"I will inform Severus when he gets back," the old man replied in a weary tone.

"If that's all may I go?" Harry asked today was a Hogsmead visit and he was planning on going with his cloak and map.

"Of course my boy, I do hope you forgive me Harry," he couldn't help but say. Harry hadn't said that he would and it didn't bode well for the old man.

Harry said nothing as he walked out the door, he could do with a few chocolate frogs, and he hurried back to Snape's quarters to grab his stuff.