Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Moving

After a few days of rest in the Infirmary, Harry was going to move to the apartment with Severus and Remus. Remus and Severus had been able to stop the Headmaster from adding moving Kittens on the walls and ceiling, but they were not allowed to see the final result until Harry was with them. They both dreaded to see what sort of things the Headmaster had come up with.

Harry had had quite a painful first night, as growing a kidney back wasn’t easy. His bruises and scars had faded, except of course, the famous scar on his forehead. The bones were now healed, but he still needed the training for the muscles in his arms and legs. He was also able to see clearly without glasses in his one eye.

“So, are we going yet?” an excited Harry kept on asking to Remus. Remus smiled a bit. He had never seen Harry so happy about something like this. It felt as if Harry had become a more normal kid again, just by losing his memories. What regaining his memories would do to the boy, Remus dare not think of.

“Well, we’re going as soon as Severus is here and the Headmaster comes to show us where we’re supposed to be staying.”

Just then, both men walked in the Infirmary. The Headmaster was smiling at the two. He hadn’t said so, but he was rather pleased that he could help Harry with this. He cared a great deal for the boy, and after reading the diary, he had felt immensely guilty. He still felt this way of course, but since Harry couldn’t remember things, he would do a lot to help him out.

Severus wasn’t so sure of how to act around Harry any more. He already called him Harry instead of Potter, and now he was being nice to him. Of course, seeing as how Harry didn’t remember how they behaved before the accident, it wasn’t so bad. After reading the diary Severus had admitted to himself that he was soooo very wrong about his beliefs of the boy-who-lived that he had to make it up to him somehow. He hadn’t thought it would be like this though. And to think Harry actually accepted it from him, just because he couldn’t remember how it was before.

Harry’s eye sparkled in a way that reminded Remus of Dumbledore’s eyes. “Are we going now?” the exited boy asked.

Smiling even more widely, Dumbledore nodded. “Of course we’re going now. I just have to let you three see the end results of the rooms, and it’s about time you were moved from the Infirmary. Never really liked being in it myself.”

Severus took out his wand and waved it over Harry’s body. Harry suddenly noticed he was floating a bit, but his arms and legs were tightly held in place.

Seeing the slight look of panic on Harry’s face, Severus rushed to explain.

“Not to worry, it’s only a floating spell combined with a partial body-casting spell. This will make sure we can move you to the rooms safely without injuring you.”

“Oh”, was all that Harry said at the moment. Remus decided to wrap the blankets around his floating form and took Harry in his arms.

“See, you don’t weigh a thing like this.” He said, while smiling at Harry. “Before you know it, you’ll be doing magic yourself, again.”

Harry decided not to voice his doubts on this subject and just let himself be carried by Remus. Severus walked by their side, while Dumbledore led the way. He wasn’t going too far though. Apparently the apartment was on the same floor as the Infirmary (first floor that is). Stopping in front of a painting with a group of young wizarding children having a picnic, he waited for them to gather round.

“Well, this painting is the entrance to your apartment. Not to worry Severus, they might be children, but they are very reliable for passwords and so on. The password my boys is: ‘Blessing’. When you change the password, please let me know. I’d like to visit you without having to wait for someone to open the door.”

Severus grimaced a bit at the password and letting Dumbledore know when they would change the password, but still, he could understand the man.

Dumbledore cleared his throat and gained the attention of several of the children. Harry just watched on in amazement. The Infirmary didn’t hold any paintings (not good for the privacy of the patients) so he wasn’t really used to the wizarding paintings.

“Hello headmaster, how can we help you?” asked a little girl that was holding a ball in her hands. She made a nice curtsy too.

“Why hello Melissa. I’d like you to meet the people who are going to live in the apartment.” He waved his hand towards the three men.

Melissa smiled a bit at them. “It is a pleasure meeting you sirs. I already know who you are of course. Rumors spread quickly throughout the castle.”

“Hm, indeed they do. Well ‘blessing’ it is then.” Dumbledore said. With that said, the painting turned to reveal a normal looking door.

Dumbledore opened the door and motioned for them to come in. “hurry now, I’d like to see what you think of my creations.”

That was just what worried Severus and Remus so much. Who knows what he did to the apartment. Harry was just as curious, although he didn’t know he nearly had moving kittens on the walls and ceiling.

Stepping in, Severus let out a breath. It looked safe enough. Remus thought the same, but then again, they were only looking at the main room.

The room they were in now was the living room. This was meant to be shared by the three of them. The room was done in several shades of blue, a lighter one on the ceiling and darker on the walls. The room contained a large fireplace with a light blue couch in front of it. Near the side were two comfy looking darker blue chairs. There was a dining table on the other side of the room, made from oak. The table was big enough for at least eight people. The room was bright, because of the large windows. In front of two of these windows there was a bed, obviously meant for Harry. The windows were made so low, that Harry would be able to look outside, without much trouble. Lining one side of the room, were bookshelves, filled with all sorts of books, ranging from schoolbooks, to muggle literature and even children’s books. On the other side was a door. This door was made from a darker type of wood.

Opening the door Dumbledore told them:

“Well, this is the hallway to your personal rooms, the kitchen, bathroom, and safe room for Remus. Let me show you to them.”

He opened the first door on the right. This was the kitchen. It was a clean space, with an oven, lots of space to put things in, something that looked like a muggle refrigerator and a stove. The kitchen was mostly done in whites, with a soft yellow on the walls.

The next-door Dumbledore opened was the one on the left. This was the bathroom. Harry let out a soft gasp. The bathroom was huge! There was a small swimming pool, a shower, a normal bath, three sinks and some closets, probably for towels and such. Near the sinks there were three toothbrushes ready. The bathroom was also done in blue, but then the kind of blue you sometimes see in oceans, and very clear lakes. Harry liked it very much. It would also be very handy for others to help him in here, when he was to be washed up.

Out in the hallway Dumbledore opened the second door on the right. “This is you own room Harry.” He said.

In this room he did get a bit carried away while decorating. Two walls were covered with a forest. The forest was done magically, so Harry could see different animals moving through, he heard the rustling of the leaves and could practically smell the forest air. His smile only widened. Seeing this, Remus and Severus decided not to make a comment. They were glad it wasn’t moving kittens or some such thing.

The ceiling was also done nicely, it was a bit like the Great Hall, so at the moment the ceiling showed a clear blue sky with some white clouds drifting by.

In the room there was a desk on one side. It contained Harry’s parchment, and schoolbooks (remember Harry had to leave his stuff in Privet Drive). His Firebolt stood next to the closet that held his clothes. Seeing the clothes, Severus and Remus decided to buy him some clothes that would look nice, and that would actually fit.

And Harry? Harry was mostly looking at his bed. This bed took up quite a lot of room, since it was a four-poster bed, made from Cherry wood. The covers were red with golden hangings, and it looked really comfortable.

Deciding the others would want to have a look at their rooms, Dumbledore let them out in the hallway again. The second door on the left was Severus’ room. It was mostly done in darker tones, knowing the man didn’t have his personal room in the dungeons for nothing. He did, however, have a nice view out on the lake. He mostly had the same furniture as Harry. Except his bedding wasn’t red with gold, but dark green with cream white.

The third door on the right was Remus’ room. This room was done in yellow colors. The sun was also streaming in, and he had a view on the forest, as well as most of the grounds. Here, the furniture was extended to have a comfortable chair and a small fireplace. His desk was a bit smaller as well, seeing as Remus wouldn’t have to do much work for school.

The last room was the safe room for Remus, but they didn’t show this one to Harry. It would probably scare him to see that the walls were padded, and the numerous ways the door could be locked.

Seeing that Harry’s eyes started to close they decided to settle in the living room. After Severus removed the floating spell, Remus placed him on the bed. Then Severus removed the partial body cast. Harry hardly noticed as he was falling asleep.

After an hour or so, in which Remus and Severus had made themselves comfortable in their bedrooms, Harry woke up again. Dumbledore had left not long after he fell asleep, and now Harry woke up to the smells of toast, baked eggs, and coffee.

Turning his head around he could see that the dining table was set for three, and that there was some sort of wheel chair next to his bed. Just when he was wondering where Remus and Severus were, Remus walked into the room. When he saw Harry was awake he swiftly walked to the bed.

“Hey, sleepyhead. Are you up to eating with us at the table? We got you this chair, so you can get out of the bed. Does that sound good to you?”

Harry nodded. “Yes please, food smells good too.”

Remus smiled, “That would be Severus. He’s making our lunch today. But I’m cooking tonight, so you can decide if we’re capable of cooking.”

Remus made sure Harry’s arms and legs were in their right places, and then lifted him of the bed and in the chair. Being a werewolf had its advantages, although Harry was underweight. He rode the chair over to the table and went back into the kitchen.

Severus was just finished with the eggs and arranged everything on plates. Remus grabbed several of them, and together they walked in the living room. Remus went to sit next to Harry, with Severus opposite of them.

“Well, Harry, what would you like to eat and drink?”

Harry just looked at the table first. “Ehm, I’d like that pumpkin juice, and a bit of toast I think.”

Remus just grabbed the things he mentioned and started cutting the toast in small eatable parts, just as you would do for a small kid.

Then he started feeding Harry. Severus ate his own meal (coffee, with toast and backed eggs) while occasionally watching Harry eat. Remus was very patient with Harry, even though he had to wait with eating. Harry wasn’t uncomfortable with being fed, because he couldn’t remember it being any different. Would he have been able to remember that, he might have been to embarrassed.

Finally Harry had finished his toast. After drinking a bit he said: “You should eat first Remus, I’m quite full right now, so you don’t have to try and give me some more at the moment. Besides, you must be hungry right now.”

Remus nodded and started to eat his own meal. When he was half way, Severus - who had finished- saw Harry eyeing the toast hungrily. Deciding Remus had done enough for Harry today, he moved to sit next to Harry as well, and started feeding him bits of toast. Remus and Harry finished at the same time.

“Thank you Severus, for helping me. It tasted really good.” Severus just nodded. He was more uncomfortable with this situation than Harry was.

“Well Harry, shall I see if there’s a nice book to read for you?” Remus asked.

Harry just nodded. He didn’t know why eating made him feel so tired, but listening to a story, he could manage.

Remus decided to go for a children’s book. He took out ‘Mathilda’ by Roald Dahl. Settling Harry back in the bed, Remus took a chair to sit next to him.

Severus sat on the couch with his own book. After reading several chapters, Harry has fallen asleep again, and after Remus tucks him in, he decides to read his own book, just like Severus.

The rest of the afternoon passed in silence and rest.