Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Printer The print whole story view may not work for longer stories.
[Reviews - 63] starstarstarstarstar
Summary: The term continues on after Sirius' death, and Harry Potter is not okay. Wandering about aimlessly, Harry attempts to be who everyone wants him to be while slowly coming undone. Life has never been easy for The Boy Who Lived in the Cupboard Under the Stairs, but this is the straw that breaks the camel's back. Will anybody notice that Harry Potter is breaking? Is there hope? Perhaps it will soon ring true that "not all who wander are lost." This story is part of the series, Not All Who Wander are Lost. The next story in the series is What Remains.

Takes Place: 5th Year Chapters: 7
Snape flavour: Snape Comforts Completed: Yes
Categories: Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Genres: Angst, Hurt/Comfort
Tags: None Word count: 11306
Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required) Read: 68772
Rated: 16+
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Profanity, Rape, Self-harm, Suicide Themes
Series: Not All Who Wander are Lost
Challenges: None
Published: 08 Oct 2014 - Updated: 22 Apr 2015
Awards:
Story Notes:

For the sake of plot, the time line has been shifted around a lot. Sirius' death happened towards the beginnig of fifth year and the winter season is beginning.

 Harry may seem a bit OOC at the beginning, but he is grieving and feeling everything at once for the first time ever.

I do not have a beta!

Table of Contents

1. Wandering by Lyzasnape [Reviews - 10] starstarstarstarhalf-star (889 words) Printer

This chapter is from one of my own, personal journals. I wrote it after walking around the woods surrounding my college. A friend from our university took his own life and it hit everyone pretty hard.

I decided to put it here and added Harry into the scene. I think he should have had a quiet place to go and be at peace amidst all of the chaos. I imagine him enjoying a place like this after so many years confined in isolation with the Dursleys.

2. Breakfast by Lyzasnape [Reviews - 5] starstarstarstarstar (550 words) Printer

I am back at school from Fall Break. I was writing my research paper when my muse hit, leading to this unexpected and very short update. Let me know what you like and don't like. I'm pretty new and appreciate feedback :)

3. Defence Against the Dark Arts by Lyzasnape [Reviews - 6] starstarstarstarstar (1945 words) Printer

There is so much angst. I don't know if I should apologize for that or not. Oh well! haha

I'm looking for a Beta :)

4. The Train by Lyzasnape [Reviews - 10] starstarstarstarstar (557 words) Printer

This chapter is short, but emotionally charged. Please leave a review so I can get an idea of how many people are following this story!

5. Revelations by Lyzasnape [Reviews - 6] starstarstarstarstar (2158 words) Printer

I'm sorry this took so long. I am finally out of school and on break! Here's the moment we've been waiting for. ;)

Please leave a review so that I know if this story is still being followed!

6. Severus' Quarters by Lyzasnape [Reviews - 9] starstarstarstarstar (3486 words) Printer

This chapter is the longest yet. Harry has a visit with friends and then moves in.

7. I'll Be There by Lyzasnape [Reviews - 17] starstarstarstarstar (1721 words) Printer

I was not expecting to end this story in this chapter. This story, as a whole, followed me through my last semester of college. If I am being honest with myself, and with you, it reflects my own journey in a way.

I don't know if that is fair to those of you who became invested in this story and ended up feeling cheated by it's brevity. If that is the case, then I am sorry.

Thank you for reading. Your reviews are so special to me.

I'm thinking about writing another story, separate from this one. I'm not sure about it yet, after the sporadic nature of this one...

The End.
Lyzasnape is the author of 1 other stories. This story is part of the series, Not All Who Wander are Lost. The next story in the series is What Remains.
This story is a favorite of 69 members. Members who liked Not all who wander are lost also liked 1621 other stories.

Disclaimer Charm: Harry Potter and all related works including movie stills belong to J.K. Rowling, Scholastic, Warner Bros, and Bloomsbury. Used without permission. No copyright infringement is intended. No money is being made off of this site. All fanfiction and fanart are the property of the individual writers and artists represented on this site and do not represent the views and opinions of the Webmistress.

Powered by eFiction 3.5