Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
I am back at school from Fall Break. I was writing my research paper when my muse hit, leading to this unexpected and very short update. Let me know what you like and don't like. I'm pretty new and appreciate feedback :)
Breakfast

Early in the morning, Harry awoke feeling ill with a dull ache in his stomach. Long accustomed to hunger pains, he opened the curtain to his bed, slipped on his glasses, and quickly dressed in his school robe, keeping on the same shirt he had worn to bed. Tugging on battered trainers, he groggily set out to make it to breakfast before any of his friends woke up.

I should start trying again, he thought miserably. I can't make myself be normal anymore.  Stupid. Freak. Murderer. Stop it.

Looking down, he realized that his fists were clenched and quickly shoved them into his pockets, avoiding eye contact of other early risers at rivaling tables. Sitting down at the end of the table, closest to the exit, Harry picked up a piece of toast and carefully spread jam on it. He took a bite and washed it down with tea, wincing as the food hit his empty stomach.

Looking up, he realized that some of the professors had come in and were seated. The Headmaster himself was staring openly at Harry, offering a tentative smile when their eyes met. Blushing, Harry quickly looked down as a scene played before his eyes.

Dumbledore's office ripped apart by accidental magic. "Well, some accidental," he thought, embarrassed.

Picking up a piece of bacon, Harry nibbled before setting it down again.

I can't do this. Everything tastes like cardboard. I quit.

Picking up an apple, Harry quickly exited The Great Hall, eyes cast downward at his own feet.

He missed the worried looks exchanged by the Headmaster and his head of house.


It's too early to be alive, Snape thought bitterly.

Dumbledore had asked him to meet for breakfast in The Great Hall in order to discuss his plans on picking up where Umbridge had left off in the Defense Against the Dark Arts course. He was to replace the woman and was not looking forward to it. The Toad had taught students virtually nothing before mysteriously disappearing. When questioned, Dumbledore offered no explanation as to her whereabouts, aside from an annoying eye twinkle and goofy grin.

 Dumbledore had been reinstated after that dunderhead Fudge realized that The Dark Lord had, in fact, returned.

Finally took his head out of his a...


His thoughts were interrupted as he collided with a mop of black hair which hit his chest roughly.

"Umph! Watch where you are going! I should take house points! Mr....Potter?"

Harry looked up, a frown on his face, eyes wide.

"Professor Snape, I'm sorry," He offered quietly. "I wasn't paying much attention. Taking points would be fair. Sorry...sir."

Severus looked down curiously at the boy, at a loss for words after such a meek apology.  Bending down, he picked up a bruised apple which had rolled over and hit his black boot. Quickly extending his hand, he offered it to the boy.

Harry flinched violently. Stupid stupid stuoid, He berated himself. Extending his hand, he swiftly grabbed the apple, mumbled a quiet "thank you sir,"  and rushed passed his baffled professor.

Severus stared after the rumpled boy with a furrowed brow.

What the hell was that?