Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Printer The print whole story view may not work for longer stories.
[Reviews - 30] starstarstarstarhalf-star
Summary: After a year away at Hogwarts, Harry expects his summer to be like all the rest. For better or for worse, there's a big difference this time. This story is part of the series, To Build a Home.

Takes Place: 2nd summer, 2nd Year Chapters: 5
Snape flavour: Canon Snape Completed: No
Categories: Healer Snape, Teacher Snape > Professor Snape Genres: General, Hurt/Comfort
Tags: Alternate Universe, Snape-meets-Dursleys, Spying on Harry! Snape Word count: 27322
Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Dudley, Hedwig, Petunia, Vernon Read: 26666
Rated: 16+
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Neglect
Series: To Build a Home
Challenges: Harry's move
Published: 13 Dec 2014 - Updated: 05 Mar 2015
Awards:
Story Notes:

Of all the challenges I was interested in, the "Harry's Move" one is the one that sparked a story first. I changed a few things from the original premise, but I hope that this satisfies both the challenger and all others who read it. 

Prepare yourselves, because this is going to be slow-paced in order to realistically portray what I need to.  

Table of Contents

1. Endings and Beginnings by Snapesnarks [Reviews - 5] starstarstarstarhalf-star (4170 words) Printer

Oh, dear. It's been years since I tried to write fanfic. I was browsing challenges and found many I liked. This one just happened to burst it's way free first.

I'm also sort of incorporating another challenge that involves the Dursley's abuse of Harry. In this story, the abuse is pretty much canon, with the addition of a bit of physical abuse. Ever since I was a child I could identify with Harry because we both lived under the reign of abusive people. Vernon's character will be a hybrid of his canon self and my own father, who was my abuser. In the same way, I'm trying to channel how I acted and thought as an abused 12-year-old through canon Harry. I suppose this story helps me heal, a bit.

If you or someone you know is abused, please seek help if it is safe for you to do so.

I hope you enjoy the stories I have to tell.

2. Treasures Untold by Snapesnarks [Reviews - 3] starstarstarstarstar (4674 words) Printer

Harry finds something he didn't expect.

Beta'd by my best friend, Amber.

3. The Curious Case of Empty Number 4 by Snapesnarks [Reviews - 3] starstarstarstarstar (5792 words) Printer

Beta'd again by Amber, who was at Diagon Alley in Islands of Adventure and taunted me with snapchats while I wrote this. It was weirdly motivational.

4. The Pudding Fiasco by Snapesnarks [Reviews - 12] starstarstarstarhalf-star (6140 words) Printer

Beta'd by Amber, as usual.

Please be aware that the Dursleys use ableist language here. Also, passive suicidal thoughts.

There's also a little bad word. It was for the sake of a pun.

5. Lemon Drops by Snapesnarks [Reviews - 7] starstarstarstarhalf-star (6546 words) Printer

Here we are again! New chapter in the new year! Beta’d by the ever-lovely Amber. Special thanks to luciusmalfoiy on tumblr for their aid with Lucius Malfoy’s alcohol preferences.

Chrysocolla is a type of stone. It’s said to help treat blood disorders (at least according to muggle books). So that’s why I made it an ingredient in Blood-Replenishing potions. I don’t know if Chrysocolla can be powdered, but let’s pretend it can. You probably shouldn’t ingest it without the aid of a Healer or Potions Master.

Also, for some reason I’ve always imagined Blood-Replenishing potions to be purple. So in this fic, they’re purple.

To be continued...
Snapesnarks is the author of 0 other stories. This story is part of the series, To Build a Home.
This story is a favorite of 36 members. Members who liked I've Always Wanted a Neighbour Just Like You also liked 1550 other stories.

Disclaimer Charm: Harry Potter and all related works including movie stills belong to J.K. Rowling, Scholastic, Warner Bros, and Bloomsbury. Used without permission. No copyright infringement is intended. No money is being made off of this site. All fanfiction and fanart are the property of the individual writers and artists represented on this site and do not represent the views and opinions of the Webmistress.

Powered by eFiction 3.5