This is an AU ignoring HBP and DH, beginning PoA. Also the vampire depiction is not 100% canon compliant.
I’ve put this under Keepers of the Snitch because, although the Dursleys are still Harry’s legal guardians, Sirius is looking after him in a big way. For this reason, the story appears at least for a while to be more about Harry and Sirius than Harry and Severus. But Severus appears in most of the chapters, he plays a crucial role as the antagonist, and his relationship with Harry gets more complicated and central further into the story.
1. The Turning Point by Alexannah [Reviews - 4] (1451 words)
The first 79 words are straight from PoA. I don’t own the quoted lyrics either. The fic is titled from the lyrics of Evanescence’s “Lies” (quoted below).
They’ll never see
I’ll never be
I’ll struggle on and on to feed this hunger
Burning deep inside of me
2. A Footnote by Alexannah [Reviews - 3] (1505 words)
3. Leashed by Alexannah [Reviews - 3] (1645 words)
4. Not Quite Normality by Alexannah [Reviews - 9] (1698 words)
5. Stop Thief! by Alexannah [Reviews - 8] (1359 words)
6. The Catís Out of the Bag by Alexannah [Reviews - 8] (1188 words)
7. Return of Snuffles by Alexannah [Reviews - 7] (1255 words)
8. First Kill by Alexannah [Reviews - 6] (1430 words)
9. Itchy Fingers by Alexannah [Reviews - 9] (1701 words)
10. No More Luxuries by Alexannah [Reviews - 5] (1693 words)
Okay, I remembered after writing this chapter that Hermione walked out of Divination. But she didn’t actually get permission to drop the subject, so let’s assume if she had asked to drop it, she would have been refused. I can’t imagine Trelawney too fussed about reporting her for walking out.
11. Good Intentions by Alexannah [Reviews - 7] (1530 words)
12. Desperation by Alexannah [Reviews - 5] (1647 words)
13. The Soul of the Matter by Alexannah [Reviews - 8] (1537 words)
I normally post once a weekend, but since it's Easter, thought I'd post a second time for a treat. Happy Easter, everyone!
A few lines from this chapter are from PoA chapter twelve.
Couple of Severus-free chapters coming up ... necessary for the plot ... he'll be back soon though.
14. In Confidence by Alexannah [Reviews - 10] (1670 words)
15. Gone Too Far by Alexannah [Reviews - 12] (1486 words)
16. Safe by Alexannah [Reviews - 7] (1473 words)
17. Being Stubborn by Alexannah [Reviews - 10] (1395 words)
18. Shot in the Dark by Alexannah [Reviews - 11] (1687 words)
19. I Told You So by Alexannah [Reviews - 11] (1649 words)
20. Allocating Blame by Alexannah [Reviews - 7] (1797 words)
Oops! Forgot to post this last week. Very sorry about that!
21. Reasonable Trust by Alexannah [Reviews - 19] (1459 words)
Apologies for the gap, and the slightly shorter than normal chapter. I've been away and also planning a novel to write next month, and I've been stuck on the next scene for a while. I thought considering how long it's been, you would appreciate a shorter chapter sooner than a longer chapter later. I can't promise I will be very active between now and August because of said novel, so heads up.
To be continued...
is the author of 15 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 58 members. Members who liked Sealed With Lies
also liked 1285 other stories