Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
Happy New Year, I hope you guys appreciate this. I wanted to get the whole Alley trip in one go and as such its a never ending chapter. It's my longest yet. So I hope you guys like it. I want to get back into consistent updates..so I'm trying. That being said there is a bit of profanity in this chapter..it's a but humorous and not to give anything away but I want to warn you guys in advance. Also one more bit, I'm sorry about the confusion earlier regarding the update and not being here. I found alot of blatant mistakes and I had to take it back and fix it but I had to give my eyes a rest first. Any who onto this mighty chapter.
Chapter 12

The next morning when Severus woke up he let out a loud groan, as he opened his eyes and glared weakly at his open curtains as the sun shone brightly through them. He had done it on purpose the night before and as he glanced at his clock he knew he had succeeded in his endeavor. It was just approaching 6:45am and it would leave him with enough time to get up and get ready and allow him to see what time Harry came downstairs to the kitchen.

After the events of last night dealing with Harry's nightmare and Neville's revelations it had been a long time until he finally was able to sleep. He was tired of having these talks with Lupin and the man was pushing it. He knew he needed to speak with Albus and the wolf at the same time to make sure whatever the hell happened last night didn't happen again.

As it was he still didn't know what the little boy had dreamed about but he would definitely be finding out later on that morning he was sure of it. With another groan and longing for a lie in, Severus got out of bed and hurried into his ensuite so he could have a shower and get ready for the day.

~&~&~&~Line break~&~&~&~&

Down the hall and across the way from where Severus was in his room taking care of his needs, one little boy was staring at the dim lit room as he gave off a wide yawn. Harry smiled softly to himself, the nightmare last night having receded to the corners of his mind. Today was a new day and no scary dreams were going to get in his way. He giggled softly as he slid out of his bed, his toes curling pleasantly underneath the thick not to mention warm carpet.

He toddled to his drawers to grab an outfit for the day to wear. This was his most favorite thing to do so far. He loved being able to choose what he wanted to wear, not to mention everything fit. He hurried to the bathroom making use of the toilet before he brushed his teeth and headed out of the room and too the steps. He was aware that the magical gate was still in place and he couldn't get through it normally. Not that it mattered to the little raven haired, since coming here he knew that everyone loved it and even encouraged him when he did his magic.

He closed his eyes tightly and wished as hard as he could that his magic would let him pass. He felt a ripple in front of him before he cautiously went forward easily stepping on the top step. Harry was ecstatic, it had worked! He didn't celebrate too loud not wanting to wake anyone up and have to explain himself and carefully made his way down the steps and to the kitchen. He was met with Missy staring at him from her place in front of the stove.

"Young master wishes to cook yet again today?" The house elf asked warily.

Harry nodded shyly, even as he felt bad about her look. "But you gonna make suwe I don't get buwnt wight?" He reminded her softly.

"Of course!" Missy replied affronted that the child would think she wouldn't. She didn't want the young master to even touch the stove but until her master stated otherwise she was forced to comply. And so they compromised, he could cook but only under her careful supervision, she would not allow him to be hurt on her watch. No she would iron her own hands if that ever happened, not to mention her master might give her clothes. No it was best if she kept watch, and intervene when she could.

Under Missy's watchful gaze Harry thought about what he wanted to make before he headed to the cupboards to grab what he needed.

~*~*~Page a breaking*~*~*~*

Meanwhile upstairs Severus was dressed and was quietly making his way down the hall, making sure to peek into the boy's room. He glanced around the room, noting that Harry's bed was empty and he nodded as he headed to the steps. He could feel his magical barrier still there but he couldn't help but wonder just how in the hell the child had gotten through it. Had the boy been resourceful and used a house elf, or was it something else?

Hopefully he would get to the bottom of it today, and maybe let the child know he didn't need to cook for them. He made his way downstairs and checked his watch it was just after 7:15am, and he nodded freezing for a moment as he went to go into the kitchen. He frowned as he heard the floo, but wasn't overly worried; if you weren't keyed in you weren't coming in. He headed into the floo room, and arched an eyebrow when he saw his mentor.

"Good morning Albus, this is a surprise. I thought you were coming at 8?" Severus asked curiously, he wasn't annoyed far from it, he was happy the man was here.

Albus grinned in return as he set his bag down by the chair as he turned to his friend. "Good morning to you Severus. I figured I had be better be early since the boys eat around 8, if I came around that time I wouldn't be able to see what Harry was up too," he pointed.

Severus nodded. "That was my thought too, I woke up around 6:30 just to be sure, Harry's in the kitchen now though,"

Albus nodded as he headed after the man and made their way to the kitchen. Like Severus Albus didn't go directly into the kitchen yet, he stood in the doorway slightly hidden so he could watch Harry. He could see that the child knew his way around the kitchen and it saddened his heart.

The good thing was that he could see Severus's house elf was right by him watching through every step. He knew even without seeing the creature that she was probably beside herself that a wizarding child was cooking his own meals.

He hesitated slightly when Severus finally stepped into the kitchen, he didn't want to intrude. He knew that like he and Draco did that there was something special between Severus and Harry. He frowned, wishing that Remus could find that between Neville. He didn't want to make it worst for the Longbottom heir.

He didn't want the child to be re-aged and have some resentment that he didn't have someone he felt he could lean on. Albus was content for the moment but Severus turned back around and arched his eyebrow in a way that had the old headmaster arching his own eyebrow in a silent reply.

Severus was much aware of what Albus was trying to do, but he wasn't having that. He wanted Albus not to mention Harry for that matter to know that they had people that would and could support them. They were an odd family but they were family nonetheless.

"Good morning Harry, do you mind if Albus and I help you with the breakfast?" Severus broke out casually.

Harry whirled around, eyes widening in shock before his expression suddenly turned to one of horror. He didn't know why Severus wanted to help, and did he say that Granpa Albus wanted to help too? What did that mean for him? "Daddy don't want Hawwy to cook?" He found himself asking piteously.

"We want to help you," Severus clarified as he headed over to the sink to wash his hands. He noticed that the old man had finally made his way into the kitchen coming to stand on the other side of Harry.

"Yes, won't you tell us what we are making today? It should be something that will fill us up, as we have a full day ahead of us." Albus replied conversationally.

Harry was staring at the men in disbelief, his gaze going from to the other and back again as he tried to make sense of what they were saying to him. "Why awe you hewping me?" He finally asked.

"Families like to do things together, it helps the bond that they have. I would like it if you didn't cook, but if you feel like you must I want you to know that I will be here to help you no matter what," Severus promised him firmly. "There is nothing you can say that would make me change my mind Harry," he added when it looked like the little boy might protest.

Harry was far from arguing, he had seen this once maybe on the telly. Families doing things together and liking it, and Severus wanted to do that with him? Not to mention Grandpa Albus, who was he to turn that down?

"We is making waffles," Harry said shyly.

"Anything else, perhaps some fruit?" Albus asked after a moment.

Harry nodded happily, he liked that idea. "Otay!" He replied happily as he went back to his stirring. Something happy blossomed in his chest as Severus leaned over him to make sure everything was good. He wanted to be the best he could be.

Severus didn't want to ruin it, but he knew he also needed to know what Harry had dreamed about, he only hoped Harry didn't get too down. "Hey buddy, I have to ask you a serious question alright? Do you think you'll be able to answer me honestly?"

Harry turned his head up, eyes going crossed eyed as he tried to look at his daddy. The man was standing behind him and without turning around it was a bit difficult. He felt a bit wary but he just hoped it wouldn't be that bad. "Yes daddy," he replied softly.

Albus turned from where he had been chopping up the fruit, to look at Severus and Harry. The tone that Severus had used had him wondering just what Harry had done, or what had happened.

"What was your nightmare about last night?" Severus asked gently.

Harry gasped softly; he should have expected this question and frowned at his own stupidity. He had woken the man up at some hour last night and had cried all over him. The man had let him and so he knew that Harry could at least tell him why. And just maybe because his daddy was so big and strong that he would be able to protect him from it. He gave a big sigh as he moved to step down from his stool.

"Missy, can you cook so I can tawk wiff daddy?" Harry asked softly as he turning to look at the house elf.

"Of course young master," Missy said happily, finally she would be able to do her job.

Severus stepped back and followed the child curiously, watching in amusement at the little raven hair child went over to Albus and grabbed a handful of the man's beard.

"One day I will ask you why they like to hold onto your beard so much," he muttered dryly as he looked at the Headmaster.

Albus's eyes twinkled in response as he turned to look down at their young charge. "Alright there, Harry?"

"Will you and daddy pwotect me?" Harry asked softly instead.

"Of course, we won't let anything happen to you," Albus reassured him quickly not wanting the tot to have any doubt.

"What was your dream about Harry?" Severus repeated a bit firmly this time. He didn't want to draw this conversation out; he already had a bad feeling about this as it was.

Harry sighed softly as he looked at the white beard that he had entangled in his little hands. He felt calmer and he gave a firm nod he could do this. "I dweamed about someone waffing really mean at me, and then a wady scweaming and den a gween light," he confessed softly.

Severus's eyes widened, dark orbs immediately going to seek out the bright blue orbs that had dimmed once they heard Harry's tale. They didn't know that Harry had remembered his mother's death, and Merlin he clutched at the sudden pain in his heart at the hurt he suddenly felt.

"Daddy?" Harry asked worriedly as he stared at the man in confusion. Why was his daddy touching his heart?

"Severus, do not let your thoughts go there we do not need to have this discussion again. You are not at fault, there was way too many variables in play for this to be on you," Albus told him firmly.

"But he remembers it, and dreams about it. How can we just ignore that?" Severus hissed out tiredly.

"We're not ignoring it, there are ways to help him with this," Albus reminded him gently.

"His mind is too young to even think that," Severus said automatically, knowing exactly what the man was talking about even without him having said it.

"No it's not, it's at the perfect age, and he won't even be aware he's doing it. Actually I think it might be best to teach it to Neville as well if he doesn't already know it that is," Albus murmured thoughtfully.

"We can discuss this later Albus, you and I will need to talk to the wolf today. After what he pulled last night I'm not sure I can trust him to be around the boys anymore," Severus admitted as he swiftly changed the subject.

Albus frowned before he turned to look down at the little boy who was looking at the house elf cook, but Albus was very much aware that the child was definitely listening to them. "Harry can you go wake up Neville and Draco and let them know that breakfast is ready?" He asked slyly.

Harry frowned as he looked up at the old man, he felt that they were talking about something important and he wanted to listen but he felt that they wouldn't like that. He sighed softly, before reluctantly letting go of the man's beard. "Otay I be wight back," he told them as he walked out the kitchen.

Severus narrowed his eyes as he pulled out his wand. "Muffilato," he murmured before he took a seat at the table.

"What exactly happened Severus?" Albus asked softly, unsure of what had occurred.

"Last night when Harry had his nightmare I was in my lab, and I left Lupin in charge of them knowing that he would alert me if one of the boys needed me. I assumed wrong as he did nothing of the sort," the potion master said darkly as his eyes narrowed.

"What do you mean?" The old man asked cautiously.

"Harry had that nightmare, the one he just explained of. And apparently he was hysterical and his scream woke everyone up. I had to learn from Neville that Harry pleaded at Lupin for me but the man ignored him. It was finally Draco who had the sense to call a house elf and I was alerted of the trouble. I don't know how long Harry was screaming for me, I'm too afraid to ask," Severus bit out as he grabbed the coffee that had appeared in front of him.

Albus frowned, for the moment at a loss at what to say. He wasn't sure just why Remus would deny Harry that comfort? If Harry was his cub as the man often thought of him then what must his wolf be thinking of him for that matter? "We will discuss that with him after breakfast when the boys are getting their things they wish to take with them for the day," he decided.

"You will be talking with him, I will be throwing him the hell out of my house," Severus seethed as the familiar anger took hold.

"Severus, please just let me speak with Remus first. I know that whatever that was last night he didn't mean to do," Albus said slowly, trying to be very careful with his words. He was all about second and fourth chances but Severus he knew could and would as he often had in the past, take it the wrong way.

"You can speak with him, but I think we might need to bring in someone else. Neville is not going to want to lean on him, I think the wolf has messed that up for him. And I can't keep choosing one boy over the other; he needs his own guardian for him. He needs that constant attention too," Severus added quietly.

Albus frowned, knowing that the man had a point. If he kept giving Remus chances what would the boys think of him if he was the one allowing for Neville to suffer? Maybe Remus could stay here but he could, bring in someone else since it seemed Remus was incapable of sorting through his feelings at the moment. Not to mention Severus was through giving the man chances, and given who the potion's master was Albus was just happy that he had given him a chance to begin with. It was no secret among any of the Professors that Severus hated Remus and everything he stood for. It was one of many things that Albus regretted not doing enough to help.

"Who else do you think might be able to help us for the next 2 weeks?" Albus asked quietly.

"Where is Minerva?" Severus asked immediately.

Albus shook his head. "I would have suggested her but she's visiting her family,"

"Who else is at the castle? Where is Poppy?" Severus murmured as he turned to look at Albus.

"At the castle, she was worried about me being there alone and by myself to boot," Albus said softly.

"You're not alone now, so that won't be an issue any longer. Shall we floo her and ask her if she would like to spend some time with the boys? If nothing else I know she wants to get a check up in. I know she might not be comfortable staying in a Manor with only males so I won't even offer that," Severus mused carefully.

"Maybe you should wait on that, just a bit Severus. I want to see where Remus's head is," Albus pleaded.

Severus frowned but gave a nod before sighing. "One other thing, and then we'll let our discussions go as the boys will be down soon,"

Albus nodded that he understood as he looked attentively at the man. "What is it?"

"Harry keeps managing to get pass my barrier on the steps, I don't know how he's doing it. It's almost like he goes through it, because I'm not even getting an alert warning me of the fact that he's gone passed it," Severus admitted with a frown.

"I see," the old man said carefully as he held in his grin. Clearly Harry could be just as resourceful as Severus when he wanted to be. He would need to see just what the child was doing as well.

~*~*Breaky Breaky~*~*~*

In the meantime Harry was upstairs helping his friends; well he wasn't helping them so much as he was playing with his deer on the bed as he watched them get dressed. He giggled as Draco slowly took his time, knowing the blonde boy wasn't a morning person.

"Hey Dwaco guess what?" Harry asked cheerfully, just wanting to boy to hurry up.

Draco yawned tiredly before he turned to look at Harry. "What?" He mumbled out as he pulled on his socks. He wanted nothing else but to get back into bed and sleep. Why did they have to get up so early anyway?

"Gwanpa Albus got hewe eawly," he informed him happily. He figured if the boy knew he would go a bit faster as Harry wanted to go back downstairs and be with his daddy.

Draco closed his eyes tiredly, before they suddenly snapped open as he looked at his friend in bewilderment.

"What did you say?" He asked slowly, as he was sure he had heard wrong.

"Gwanpa Albus is hewe aweady, he hewped me and daddy make bweakfast," Harry giggled.

"Why didn't you say he was hewe, I can't keep him waitin'," he rushed out suddenly wide awake as he hurried into the toilet to do his business needed in there.

Harry giggled as he turned towards Neville in amusement. "Dwaco is weally excited," he grinned happily.

Neville nodded in agreement. "I know," he said befoe he turned to look at Harry. "Are you awight after what happen last night?" He wanted to know.

"Yeah I tawked about it wiff Gwanpa and Daddy, and dey pwomised they would pwotect me," Harry told him proudly.

"Good, what did they say was going to happen to Uncle Remus?" Neville asked slowly. He had known what the man was doing last night and had been unable to help due to the emotions that had clouded him. He needed to speak with the man before Grandpa Albus or worst Uncle Severus got to him.

"I don't know dey sent me upstaiws when dey stawting tawking about him. I do know dat daddy was weally angry wiff him," Harry said with a frown. He was over it, as the last thing he remembered was getting out of Remus's arms and into his daddy's last night. That must have meant that his Uncle had finally listened to him. He had been out of it last night to even see.

"Oh," Neville said slowly as he pulled on his socks before he stood up. "I'll be wight back, you and Dwaco don't hafta wait for me," he told him. He was sure that the talk he needed to do was going to take a while and he didn't want to leave anyone waiting on them or worse get interrupted.

Harry nodded slowly unsure of where Neville was going but he didn't want to bug him in case the boy got mad. He still wasn't used to everyone being nice to him, and to the little boy he was sure that he would wake up and one day it would all go back to normal. Hence why he didn't bother questioning too much for fear he would mess everything up for himself.

Neville headed for the door, only turning back once he felt Harry's sudden flux of emotion and he frowned at the other boy. "I'm going potty in the hall cause Dwaco is in ours," he told the boy quickly.

"Oh," Harry said with a relieved smile as he turned to sit on his bed as he waited on his friend.

Neville smiled softly before he walked out into the hallway, before he headed for the man's bedroom. He had to do this, it needed to be done, and once it was over there would no issues after this he knew this for a fact. Some people were more stubborn then others, but he had seen the remorse and the realization in Remus's eyes last night and so he knew everything was going to be okay for all of them. He sighed and took a breath before he knocked on the door.

Remus frowned from where he was inside his room, packing up his clothes. He was under no illusions that Severus was going to give him the boot today and with good reason. Last night was uncalled for and for him to deny his cub that comfort left his wolf feeling angry with him. He knew where he went wrong and he knew it was partly his own fault; he should have tried harder to be a part of Harry's life regardless of what Albus had said.

 Look what listening to the man had led too, his cub spent his entire life abused. He sighed softly as he folded his clothes, glancing over at the knock on the door. He swallowed thickly; he figured that Severus would give him until after breakfast before kicking him out.

But this was no less then what he deserved. He was a Gryffindor and he could handle this, he had brought this on himself anyway. He would not allow himself to feel sorry for himself, as he had no one else to blame. He took a breath before he opened the door, his gaze going down as he stared at the brown haired child in surprise.

"Oh, good morning Neville, can I help you?" Remus asked slowly, wondering if there was something he had forgotten to do. He poked his head out in the hallway, expecting Severus there but he didn't see the man.

"He's downstairs wiff Gwanpa Albus," Neville said when the man looked out in the hallway.

"Oh, shouldn't you be down there with them?" Remus replied softly.

"I will be, but I wanted to talk wiff you fiwst," Neville told him smartly as he walked inside the man's room.

"What did you want to talk about?" Remus asked as he turned to face the child who he noted in amusement had scaled himself upon onto the tall bed.

"About last night, I needed you to know Somefing before Uncle Sev'rus talks to you," Neville answered honestly.

"Whatever Severus has to say won't be less then I deserved, I was horrible," Remus muttered out softly.

"You were," Neville agreed in the same tone. "But you know where you went wong now," he added.

"It doesn't matter; I have used all my chances up. It would be detrimental to even think about giving me even one more chance and allowing me to stay here. I cannot imagine how you must feel, how I treated you?" Remus said in disbelief.

Neville's eyes widened as he looked at the man curiously. "You didn't tweat me any kind of way, you've been nice to me," he reminded the man.

"I treated you poorly under the disguise of being nice; I never meant to make you feel like you were less then Harry. I never wanted you to think that you would always be second best," Remus told him apologetically, and he really hadn't he after all knew how that felt.

"You can't hewp how you feel," Neville stated slowly, and even though Remus had hurt him before he knew that your emotions were out of your own control. You couldn't control them all, not to mention why would you want too?

"I know that, but I can help how I make others feel," Remus replied promptly. "If your father was here I'd have no doubt he have cursed me a new one. Not to mention Sirius, he hates it when someone hurts a child, accidental or not," he chuckled dryly.

Neville sighed softly. "I fowgive you Uncle Remus and I don't want you to leave. I know you'll be better from now on," he said firmly.

Remus looked at the child in incredulity, even knowing that he had hurt him the child still wanted him to stay. "If Severus will allow me to stay which I doubt, I will stay and I will be a better guardian for you. I want you to know that you have someone for you, who believes in you Neville. Never forget that," he told him quietly.

"I won't fowget, just pwomise that'll you'll fight to stay wiff me. Show him that you hafta, that it's better for me that you awe here," Neville pressed him seriously.

Remus sighed softly, feeling for a moment that he was going into war, and he kind of was. Dealing with a Slytherin in rage was not an easy feat, especially ones like Severus. They tended not to forgive and with good reason. "I don't understand you child," he admitted.

"Most people don't," Neville admitted with a smile as he jumped off the man bed to stand on his own two feet. He was slightly curious about the Sirius man that Remus had mentioned but he didn't want to waste anymore time talking. He was hungry and could already smell the food from up here.

Remus gave the child a mystified look at the child's words, unsure of how he was to reply to that. However it didn't look like Neville was looking for an answer as the little boy happily skipped his way out of his room. The man sighed as pocketed his wand before following after him, it would do no good for him to wait.

Neville arched an eyebrow as he stopped in front of the staircase, looking at the two little boys in confusion. "I fought you went downstairs wiff Uncle Sev'rus," he said slowly wondering why they were still there.

"Uncle Sebbus has a silencing chawm on, he didn't hear me or Hawwy scweaming for him," Draco told him with a pout.

"Oh," Neville said before giggling. "Good fing Uncle Remus is here then," he told them.

Remus watched comically as both Draco and Harry's heads turned in his direction as he picked up Neville and waved his wand to carefully bring the other two children down the steps with them.

Harry was giggling as he and Draco were swimming in the air. This was favorite way to travel coming down the steps. He looked too his companions in amusement, happy to see that Draco seemed to enjoy it as well.  The little boy watched Remus set Neville on his feet before his magic gently setting Draco on the ground and ushering them into the kitchen. Harry himself was gently pulled out of the air and into the man's arms.

Remus figured he had about 2 minutes before Severus would come storming out into the hallway, thinking the worse. He had sent the other two boys into the kitchen first as he wanted to speak with Harry for a moment. He felt a bit lighter after his talk with Neville and wanted to right the wrongs. He didn't want his cub to hate him.

"I'm so sorry Harry, I never meant for you to feel like I was denying you Severus last night. And I'm sorry if it seemed like I was trying to take you away from him, I would never jeopardize your relationship," Remus told the child quickly.

Harry stared in confused, as Remus apologized to him. In his world, grownups didn't say sorry to him. He was the one always in the wrong, not to mention he didn't fully understand what Remus was saying sorry for. He gave a small shrug, before he hugged the man anyway.

"I fowgive you," he told him promptly knowing those were the correct words to say.

Remus smiled sadly before he set the child on his feet. "Off you go," he told him quietly.

Harry smiled happily at him before he toddled his way into the kitchen so he could have some breakfast.

As soon as Severus saw Harry, he blew out a breath of air in relief, helping the child into his chair as he turned to look at his other charges. About a minute before Harry had come into the kitchen Severus had stood up intent on rushing out to see what Lupin was doing to him. He wouldn't put it pass the man to kidnap the child, just so Harry could like him better. Severus shook the thought from his head, as he knew the wolf wouldn't go that far.

Nonetheless he was very relieved when Harry walked into the kitchen and took a seat. He canceled the charm around him and Albus and turned to each boy to greet them. He stood up with Albus, they had already eaten a bit and if they wanted anything else they would eat later. He didn't see the wolf come in so he knew the man was waiting for them.

"We'll be in the sitting room, if you need us," Albus told the boy as they looked up at them.

"You not gonna eat bweakfast?" Draco asked pitifully. He had rushed as fast as he could to be downstairs with the old man and he and his godfather were leaving them. He sighed softly.

"Maybe a bit later love, there's something Severus and I need to take care of with Remus," Albus told him softly.

Draco frowned before he turned his gaze from the old man and back to his food. He didn't honestly believe that but what could he do. He supposed that Grandpa Albus just didn't wanna deal with him yet, he knew that happened. He swallowed the lump in his throat before reaching for his juice. He didn't look up again, aware that Neville was looking at him.

Severus ushered Albus out of the kitchen before the man caved and sat there with Draco. He didn't want to prolong this; he wanted this damn talk over with. Not to mention he had seen the look on his godson's face, they would need to do some damage control later. He sighed before they headed to the sitting room to find Lupin waiting for them.

"I already know what you're going to say, but before you say anything let me speak," Remus said quickly knowing that if he didn't speak first he probably wouldn't get anything in. And once Severus's mind was made up, only maybe Albus would be able to get him to change it.

Severus arched a dark eyebrow in response, his gaze turning to Albus who was clearly saying to give the man a chance.

"I've already apologized to both Harry and Neville, and had a discussion with the latter as well. I know where I went wrong this time, and one of the things we spoke about was our emotions. I know now how much you mean to Harry, I understand that now Severus, but I couldn't help how I felt. It's the same thing when you think about it from another angle; you hate James Potter on principle because of what we did to you back in school. And when his son came to school you hated him as well. But you managed to work through that emotion otherwise you would have never been able to take him in like you have done. I've worked through my feelings it just took me a bit longer to do it. I will not fail in my duties again," he said firmly as he watched the other man take in his words.

Albus grinned at that and clapped his hands eagerly; he had been waiting for Remus to finally get it. He turned to Severus to see the man frowning but then again that was nothing new. "Severus, don't hold it in," he gently pressed him knowing the other man wanted to say something.

"I don't want you here, even less than before. You hurt all of them whether you meant too it or not, but I know Neville understands something that we don't. And I don't want him hurt by my actions as well. You may stay, but note that Poppy will be around as well, just until I'm sure that you really do have the boy's best interests at heart," Severus stated tightly.

Remus was surprised he had figured he was done for. He didn't mind Poppy being there if he was being honest but he wasn't going to say that. "I understand and I won't fail," he repeated sincerely.

"You are on thin ice wolf; I will not allow any more pain to come to Neville, not to mention your actions last night. What the bloody fuck were you even thinking? How could you think that denying Harry some comfort would be any good? Are you out of your blasted mind?" Severus blurted out, unable to keep quiet on that any longer.

Remus opened his mouth to answer that, already wincing at the sharp tone only to cock his head to the side in disbelief before he turned his gaze to Albus. "You didn't spell the room?"

Albus frowned and shook his head, he had forgotten that small detail, but he assumed that they were far enough. He had just wanted to make sure that nothing led to fight; one could never tell when the blood got boiling. "I didn't,"

Remus frowned in earnest before he winced again. "The boys learned a couple new words," he stated delicately.

Severus's eyes widened as he pulled his wand out to spell an amplifying spell so that he and Albus could hear what the children were indeed saying, the argument forgotten for the moment.

Back in the kitchen Harry was staring at Draco in disbelief at what the boy had just said. He knew from his Uncle that those were bad words and he wasn't supposed to say it. He knew that only a few months ago, Dudley had gotten his first smacking as he had said what Draco had said. It had been a monumental day at the Dursely household and Harry had been secretly happy about it. Back to the present though he was looking in perpetual shock at the blonde hair, was Draco trying to get killed?

"Bloody fuckity fuck, It's a weally funny word I wonder what it means," Draco giggled in amusement.

"Stop saying that Dwaco, those awe bad words," Neville told him frantically as he turned his gaze to the empty doorway. He didn't want to get in trouble this early; the day hadn't even started yet.

"It can't be dat bad of a word if my Uncle Sebbus just said it," he pointed out.

"Uncle Sev'rus is angry at Uncle Remus wight now, that's why he said dat," Neville told him seriously.

"Awe you suwe?" Draco asked slowly as he thought of something.

"Yes I'm vewy suwe," Neville replied quickly.

"Which one of the words dat I said was bad?" Draco asked slyly.

"The fuckity fuck one was," Neville replied smartly before he gasped and put his hands over his mouth in horror as he realized what he had just said. "Dwaco!"

Draco broke out into giggles at that, Neville had swore too! "Lookit what you said Nebille," he snickered.

Harry frowned as he looked at his friends in confusion. "So bwoody isn't a bad word den?" He clarified.

"No Hawwy, you can't say bloody either, it's just da other one is worser," Neville told him before gasping again. "I'm so dead," he moaned as he covered his face with his heads.

"No you not, Uncle Sebbus said it," Draco promised him happily. He refused to think otherwise, sure he knew some words were bad but if his godfather said then it couldn't be too bad. He looked up to the man and he just knew that his Uncle wouldn't say words like that.

"How can bwoody even be bad? What happens if you'we bweeding? Do you get in twouble for saying dat?" Harry asked skeptically.

Neville only moaned in response, unsure if he could answer without unintentionally swearing himself. He was just glad that the adults couldn't hear them now.

However that couldn't be far from the truth as the three men were standing there in silence, horror etched on their faces. It was Severus who spoke first, taking out his wand and spelling the room.

"I ought to curse you good Lupin, just look at this mess we have to deal with now," Severus hissed out. Now that he could swear he wasn't inclined at the moment. He was still reeling from what he heard the boys say.

Remus gave him an unimpressed look. "I'm not the one who said it," he replied back in return fighting to keep the amusement off of his face.

Albus was grinning unable to help himself, he knew he needed to stop the men from arguing before it escalated but he was just way too amused at the moment. "I think we can finish this discussion later, we have all the main bits sorted gentlemen," he said suddenly reminding them he was here.

Severus turned to look at the old man to find him grinning at him, which had the dark man arching an eyebrow questioning at the man. "Is there something on my face?"

"Not at all Severus, I know we need to talk with them but you must admit it's quite funny hearing those foul words coming from their mouths," he chuckled out.

Remus agreed with Albus but he didn't want the Potion's Master ire on him any longer He sighed softly as he moved from his chair. "What are we going to do about that?"

"Nothing, just politely tell them that it's a foul word and only adults are allowed to say that. And if they say it again they will have to go to time out," Albus said slowly. He knew that Severus was reluctant to punish Neville or Harry but he knew that each child needed to know how normal punishments went.

Severus gave a curt nod before he turned and headed out the room. He knew Albus needed to speak with the wolf and he needed to speak with his charges. He said nothing as he headed back to the kitchen, coming to stand in the doorway for a moment before he strode fully into the room. He didn't want to frighten them like he did the students at school.

"Uncle Sev'rus, hi," Neville said softly, his eyes going from left to right as if he was looking for all the obvious exits.

"Hello Neville," Severus said casually.

Neville was very much aware that Draco and Harry both had quieted once the dark man had entered the kitchen and he knew why that was. He gulped silently wondering if the man had heard any of their conversation.

"I just want you boys to know that the two words I uttered in the other room were not for your ears. And as saying such, I do not want you boys to say them, they are very naughty words," Severus told them bluntly.

Draco slid down a bit in his chair as his godfather's eyes flicked to him. He got a sickening feeling in his stomach, had the man heard them? He wasn't going to ask, he had self preservation skills after all!

"What happen if we do say dem?" Harry asked slowly, as he liked to know the consequence of his every action. That's the way he grew up; it was easier to prevent what you know instead of going in blind.

"I'm so happy you asked that Harry as it varies based on how many times you say it. The first time you say it you will be getting a stern talking too and then spending some time in the corner. If you say it a second time you'll be excluded from our activities that day and will spend the entire day in your room only coming out for meals and the toilet," Severus told him seriously.

"What does excwuded mean?" Harry asked in confusion.

"It means you will not be joining in our fun that day," Severus explained.

"Oh," Harry said frowning that didn't sound fun at all.

"What happens if you say it a thiwd time?" Neville asked quietly, as the man had counted down and he knew how adults ran things.

"I hope we never get to three, as you will end up over my lap for a spanking and then a mouth washing with some soap. I don't think we will have any trouble with you three about it so there's no need to worry," Severus assured him.

But Neville wasn't placated as he himself had said two swear words previously. And even though the man hadn't heard them, he knew he was still guilty of saying it. He didn't want to out himself and get in trouble, but could he honestly live with this guilt? He turned to look at his friends to see how they were dealing with this.

Draco was nearly underneath the table, and he hadn't said a word this entire conversation which was unusual in itself as he normally would have spoken up. The blonde hair boy didn't like lying to his godfather the man could spot a lie a mile away, he didn't want the day ruined already.

Harry was looking at his empty plate silently as he chanced a peek at the man in front of him. He was just gonna confess, he couldn't take this tight feeling in his heart.

Severus knew immediately the impact that his words had on them; each of them seemed to be struggling with their guilt. He wasn't going to punish them this time, well not if one of them spoke up that is. He just wanted them to know that they weren't allowed to say it.

Neville sighed as he looked back down at his hands before he suddenly frowned. He could feel amusement and he turned his gaze incredulously to look at his Uncle. "You know aweady don't you?" He asked finally.

"Yes I do, Remus heard you," Severus replied with a pointed look.

Neville grimaced honestly he should have figured out that, he knew Remus was a wolf and they had very good ears. "We awe vewy sowwy and won't say it again," he promised him softly.

"I know you won't," Severus said with a smile. "Now why don't you guys head up the steps to grab the toy you want to take with you today," he told them.

Neville nodded as he jumped down from his chair, Draco following a moment later and heading for the door. He hesitated for a moment as he became aware that Harry wasn't following them.

Harry was looking up at Severus. "You not mad?" He breathed out softly.

"No buddy I'm not mad, just don't say those words again," Severus told him.

"Hawwy won't," he promised firmly before giving the man a swift hug and running to Neville as they hurried out the kitchen to grab their toys.

~*~*Line a breaking~*~**~*~

By the time the boys had finally come back down with their toys and after all the toilet breaks had been had Severus was waiting for each child by the fireplace.  He knew they all had one more thing they needed to do before they could head to Diagon Alley. He knew the children needed to be disguised and he had opted to go with the potion method. This one was safer as the only way to counter the glamour was to take the antidote which he also had.

A glamour made by a spell had a risk of coming undone and Harry's safety was the utmost importance so they were going the potion way. The only thing with the potion was each of them had to put a hair of their own into the vial and when the boys drank it they would take on their guardian's features to an extent. It was an ingenious potion if he did say so himself.

"Okay, if you boys are ready I need you each to drink this vial," Severus told them as he bent down to their level. He handed both Albus and Lupin a vial and focused on Harry instead. "It's not going to taste very good but it's really important that you drink it anyway," he told the child.

Harry nodded solemnly even as he made a face at the smell as the man placed the vial at his lips. He could hear Draco whining about not taking it and even though he didn't want to do it he knew that Severus would be happy if he did so he took the vial and carefully tipped it into his mouth. His cheeks puffed up involuntarily as his body instinctively tried to spit it out.

"Swallow it Harry," Severus told the child firmly.

Harry whimpered and made a face shutting his eyes tight as he obediently swallowed the potion. "Dat wasn't good," he whispered out once it was all down his throat. He made a face as his stomach tried to rebel and gagged. He frowned as Severus tipped another vial into his mouth. He was all set to spit that one up only it tasted like peppermint. He swallowed it easily and turned back to the man in disbelief.

"How come da other one didn't taste wike that?" He asked suspiciously.

"That is another subject for another day," Severus said watch as Harry's features changed.

Thankfully Lily's eyes stayed but he was no longer recognized as the son of James Potter. He turned to check out the other two boys, Neville looked like Lupin and also looked like he would blend the most in the crowd and he hoped the man had spelled the child with the same spell as Albus had done to Draco. Speaking of which he turned to look at his godson smirking in amusement as he was awarded when two sets of blue twinkling eyes were set on him.

"Wow," Harry replied softly as he got a look at Draco. "You wook wike Gwanpa Albus,"

"And you wook like Uncle Sebbus," he told him honestly.

"Alright, now we are ready, I'll floo with Harry first," Severus said as he picked up the child and turned to head to the floo. "Remember to close your eyes and keep your mouth close buddy," he cautioned him as they disappeared into the green flames.

Severus smoothly stepped out the fireplace at the Leaky Cauldron and stepped away so whoever went next would have the room to stand. When they were all there they trooped over to the alley way and into the passage to Diagon Alley. Severus opened his mouth to speak when he caught sight of Diagon Alley in all its Holiday glory.

"Wow," Harry breathed out in awe his head swiveling from side to side as he tried to see everything. There were lights and decorations everywhere and in the middle of the square there was a giant tree. The little boy's mouth was wide open in his delight. "Pwetty,"

"It is, isn't it Harry?" Albus said cheerfully as he turned to give Severus a smug look. He had promised that the boys would like it. And this was only the beginning.

"If any of you boys' desire to head into a store let us know and we will. Today is your day," Severus told them.

"I wanna see da bwooms Uncle Sebbus," Draco blurted out after the man had spoken.

"I know you do, and we will dragon," Severus promised him.

"I wanna see da books," Harry said shyly.

"We will be passing the bookstore in a moment so we might get to see that first," Remus said as he nodded at Flourish and Botts coming up.

"And what did you want to see Neville?" Severus asked curiously.

"The pet store," he told him proudly. "I wanna see what aminals dey got,"

Severus nodded they would get to do all of that and a bit more. It seemed like they had a few activities for the children in the alley way. He had never come here during the holidays before so this was his first time as well. He knew that the boys would definitely be enjoying themselves.

"Oh and after, I think it would be better if we split up as well," Albus added.

"Why would we do that?" Severus asked slowly.

"I'm sure that the boys want to get presents for one another without the other seeing," Albus said cheerfully. Not to mention the old man wanted to get something for both Severus and Remus as well.

Draco clapped his hands together excitedly at that suggestion, he definitely wanted to get something for his new friends. And with Grandpa Albus's help it would be the perfect gift for them too. "Yes Uncle Sebbus we hafta do that," he told the man firmly.

Severus raised an eyebrow in response at his godson before he nodded his head in defeat. "Very well, we can do that. Maybe just do that first and then we can meet up and enjoy the festivities," he told them. As much as he hated crowds he knew it would be a lot easier to get the shopping done now while the stores only had a few people. He knew once noon hit the alley would be filled with witches and wizards alike.

"An hour should be long enough I think," Albus replied thoughtfully. "Where should we meet after we are done?"

"I think it should be at Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour  as by then they'll be a bit hungry for a snack and I promised Draco a treat for what he did last night for Harry," Severus replied conversationally ignoring the wince he saw the wolf give out of the corner of his eye. He couldn't help rubbing it in, but he wasn't going to let the man get off that easy.

If Lupin survived everything Severus dished at him then maybe he would give the man a break but after what he did last night that might be a long time coming regardless of whether or not Neville had too forgiven him.

"That sounds about right then, I will see you all in an hour," Albus said cheerfully as he headed off down the alley way.

Severus looked down at the little boy in his arms, as Neville and Lupin left as well. He really wanted to get Harry's opinion on what to get his friends. He was sure the child had never done this and he wanted him to experience everything he could. He could only imagine how Christmas was going to be. Severus started heading for the wizarding toy store knowing they would probably find whatever they needed in there.

The Potion's master faltered in his steps for a moment as he took a breath as he was hit with the realization that Christmas was the day after tomorrow. Where had the time even gone? Albus had definitely been right about them needing to come today, because there was no way in hell he was coming out at all tomorrow. He turned to the little boy in his arms and smiled fondly.

"Do you have idea on what you want to give Draco and Neville for Christmas?" He asked curiously.

Harry's eyes widened he hadn't fully realized he was going to get to pick out what his friends might want. He smiled widely as he rubbed his chin with his index finger like he had seen his Grandpa Albus do before he nodded slowly.

"I fink I know what to Neville wants," Harry admitted slowly and he kind of did. He was a very observant little boy he had to be to survive what he did.

"Oh, and what might that be?" Severus asked softly.

"Somefing to do wiff pwants," Harry told him proudly.

Severus grinned as he knew that Harry had hit the nail on the head with that. "And we shall, let's go see what they have in here that has to do with that," he said as they entered the store.

Even the fact that it wasn't yet Christmas Eve or noon the store was bit overcrowded then usual and Severus didn't feel comfortable letting Harry walk on his own feet. But it seemed the little boy was in the same frame of mind as his guardian as Harry just held on tighter to the man as they walked down the aisle.

Severus recognized that once they got to the section that should house different types of magical toys that the wizarding world was sorely lacking in that department. He would need to go out into the muggle world later on today to grab the gardening set for the child as they wouldn't find it here.

Harry frowned as he finally squirmed down and to the ground standing up and looking around the aisle. "It's not here daddy," he said with a disappointed face.

"I know, later on today we will have to make a stop in the muggle world to grab it. So for now I think just pick something that Draco might like," Severus told him instead.

Content with that idea the little raven haired child nodded his head and held onto the man's hand for safety as they walked down the aisle. "Now what to get Dwaco," Harry murmured to himself.

Severus smiled softly to him as he watched the little boy coming out his shell as he tried to figure out what Draco might want. "Do you want any help buddy?" He offered.

Harry shook his head before coming to a stop in a completely different aisle. "This is what Dwaco wants, I just know it," Harry told him proudly as he pointed out the toy.

"He already has a train set Harry," Severus told him carefully as he didn't want to hurt the child's feelings.

"Not one wike dis, he said that he weally wanted da twain dat looks like the Hogwawts expwess," he said confidently.

"Alright Harry we'll get it, and another one too," Severus said slowly. He after all knew his godson a bit more then Harry. That way if the blonde Slytherin ended up not liking the train set then they would have his second gift to fall back on.

"Okay," Harry said happily eagerly following the man as they came to the aisle that housed the toys that resembled potions. The little boy looked on in awe watching with a bit of envy as Severus grabbed a 1st little potions kit. He frowned and forced himself to look at his feet instead not wanting to give himself away.

 Every since Neville had told him why his guardian constantly smelled of those strange smells Harry had been intrigued. He wanted to brew potions knowing that in doing so he would be doing something that his guardian adored and loved. He figured it would make the man love him more, not to mention they looked like fun. He swallowed thickly as his gaze went back to the shelf involuntarily as he gave the item a longing look.

Severus wasn't a spy for nothing and saw the look for what it was. He hadn't realized that Harry might have wanted to learn potions too. He figured that the boy had hated them, considering how abysmal he did in his class. He frowned at himself as he remembered how he had used to treat the child. Maybe that was why the boy didn't bother trying, he couldn't blame him.

Who in their right minds could enjoy potions with a teacher constantly breathing down their neck trying to find their faults? He nodded slowly knowing what he had to do, as he ruffled the child's hair. It was just their luck that they happen to see Lupin and Neville walking pass their aisle a moment later.

"Lupin, can you watch Harry for a moment? I need to grab something without him seeing," Severus called out quietly knowing the man's ears would pick it up.

Remus sighed softly wanting to say no regardless of the fact that this was his cub. He was afraid of having a small relapse and didn't want to hurt Neville anymore. They had been enjoying their time together and had just been about to grab Harry's present but he supposed it could wait for now.

"Sure," he murmured out looking down as he felt Neville tug on his cloak.

"You'll be fine Uncle Remus you know better now," Neville said with a grin.

"I suppose I do don't I," Remus said softly.

Neville nodded happily as he held his hand out to Harry as they headed through the store leaving Severus to do what he needed to do.

~%~%~%breaking a page~%~%~%~

The romp through the toy store didn't take as long as it could of as each child had gone in with a clear picture of what the other boys might like. And it was with that mindset that had everyone with their gifts and out of the store within the half hour. 

Severus picked up Harry once more and rested him on his hip as they shrunk their packages and placed them in their bags. As they had exited out the store together they all simply walked to the ice cream shop. He wasn't sure each child was truly hungry just yet but he also knew they would never turn down ice cream and he had promised.

"After we get ice cweam can we go to the pet store? Pwease," Neville asked hopefully.

"I suppose since its right across the street anyway," Severus told him as they all trooped inside to get their ice cream. He figured he knew what to expect giving the kids sweets this early but he underestimated it a bit and as a result ended up a bit more frazzled when they were finished.

"Boys if you would please sit down and wait until everyone is finished," Albus scolded the children gently.

Harry laughed in response to that, unable to help it with all the energy currently coursing through his body at that moment. He had never had such good ice cream as that before and he was definitely more energetic then he had been coming in. It was all so sweet and so very very good. He giggled happily as he leaned over to bop Draco on the head.

"You'we it!" He cheered before he disappeared underneath the booth. He could hear both Severus and Albus and even Remus trying to get them to calm down but he just couldn't. How did they expect him to contain himself now?

"No I not, you cheated Hawwy!" Draco yelled in return as he scooted underneath the booth intent on getting the raven haired boy.

"This was bad idea, I knew I should have listened to my gut," Severus muttered out as he turned his gaze to where Neville seemed to be vibrating in his seat. He was just happy that the boy wasn't running around with the other two, it was already proving to be difficult to catch them. And from the way the Longbottom heir was looking he was sure that his luck was about to run out.

"Next time, we are getting it to go. I would feel safer if they were running around the manor instead of here," Remus admitted softly.

"I completely agree wolf," Severus murmured before he suddenly stood up. "Don't you dare, Draco Lucian Malfoy!" He said firmly, even as his heart thudded frantically in his chest at the implications. What if he hadn't turned around in time?

Draco's eyes widened comically as he froze in place as he heard his godfather's voice. He gulped at the man's tone but obediently didn't move from where he had been about to leave out of the parlor. He shrunk into himself as his godfather started to walk over to him which left Draco pouting, as after all Harry had gotten to run out. That wasn't fair and the further Harry got the less chance Draco had in catching him. And he didn't want to be it anymore so he had to get him!

"What in Merlin's name were you thinking of doing Draco? Are you out of your mind?" Severus asked in disbelief as he bent down to look the toddler in the eye.

Draco squirmed at the sudden attention on him feeling a bit embarrassed at getting scolded, especially because he hadn't even left yet. He huffed softly before he pouted. "I was chasing Hawwy," he told the man with a frown. "He got to weave but I didn't," he added. If he was getting in trouble, Harry was going down with him. They were all in this together right?

Severus opened his mouth to scold the boy a little bit more only to freeze suddenly as he become conscious of what the child had just stated. That statement caused the man to do a complete turnaround, his wand coming out instinctively as he glanced at Albus fearfully. He knew he couldn't yell out Harry's name like he had with Draco's as he knew how the people would react.

 He was terrified thinking of all the worst things of something happening to that little boy. He picked up his godson and hurried back to the table where Lupin and Albus was looking at him worriedly.

"Harry's gone, we need to find him," Severus bit out anxiously before he turned to walk out of the ice cream shop. He knew they would check the shop but he already knew that Harry wasn't in there. He was aware that his godson was whining about wanting to stay with Albus but Severus wasn't hearing any of it, he just needed to find Harry. He headed for the bookstore knowing that it was the one place that the child himself had said he wanted to see first.

Unbeknownst to their worries, the child that they were looking for was giggling as he continued to weave through the people of the alley sure that Draco was catching up to him. Harry laughed playfully running for a moment before he stopped to catch his breath. He grinned happily to himself as he saw that he had lost sight of Draco figuring that he had probably won. He was always good at running away from people though he knew the blonde hair boy might get him later for now he would celebrate his victory.

The little boy was proud of himself, his eyes still wide in wonder even more as he stood with a few children in front of a window that held a broom. He knew from Draco's stories and Severus reading to him that they used brooms to fly and not to clean up. That just meant he was itching to try it and eagerly pressed his face close to the window trying to see more of the racing broom. As he was all the way in the front he missed seeing Remus with Neville in his arms running pass with a frantic expression on their face.

Harry smiled happily as he finally scooted away from the big group in front of the broom store. He looked both ways as he was taught before he crossed the street, remembering that they were supposed to visit the pet shop after they ate their ice cream. He didn't want them to worry and so he toddled his way there, pushing the door open easily.

He frowned when he didn't see his guardians but he wasn't too worried. He had been on his own before and he knew sometimes people took their time getting somewhere. He knew his Aunt constantly did it when she came to pick them up from school. The little boy pushed through the older kids that were in there as he looked at what seemed to be a type of kitten. They were all so adorable, and he only grinned wider as he went throughout the store looking at the rest of the animals.

His wonderings led him to the back of the store and him frowning as he noted that the entire time he had been there he hadn't see any blonde hair or white beard or anything to alert him that his family was here too.  Where were they? He felt a bit of mild panic at the realization that maybe they had forgotten about him. He didn't want to get left here even if he loved everything.

He would much rather be at the Manor with Severus. He gasped softly before pressing his hands over his eyes as they stung. He wanted to be a big boy but he felt like crying. Was he lost? He sniffled softly, really to full blown start crying when he suddenly heard something.

~Why isss the hatchling crying? What isss wrongsss?~

Harry looked up as he quickly swiped his eyes with his hands. "I'm not crying," he said hotly as he looked around to see who had been talking.

~Of coursssse you're not dear, but what issss the matter young one?~

The little boy looked around a bit fearfully as he didn't see anyone but he knew someone was speaking to him. "Who...who said dat?"

~I did little ssspeaker, down here little one~

Harry glanced down only to find a tank with snakes looking up at him. He gulped tearfully as he saw a black one looking directly at him. "Are you talking to me?" He asked softly.

~I am, now what sssseems to be the matter?~

"I'm lost," Harry whimpered out unaware that his words had changed to hissing.

~I sssseee, I will help you find whoever it isss you are looking for. Just reach your hand into the tank and I will wrap myself around you~

Harry was a bit worried about the other snakes biting him but he really wanted to go back with Severus and Draco and wanted to be safe. He nodded slowly as he obediently did what the snake wanted. He didn't know it but the snake that was carefully wrapping itself around his arms was a very lethal animal. Nonetheless he let it get comfortable which meant it was underneath its robes with its head resting on Harry's shoulder.

Harry smiled softly as he walked back to the front of the store, he wasn't sure how the snake was planning on finding his family but he would trust it. It had been very nice to him. Not seeing his group yet again, Harry walked out of the store unintentionally stealing the snake as he glanced around the alley once more.

He could see a building down the street from him that said wands. He knew that Grandpa Albus and Severus and Remus all had wands so maybe if he could get a wand he could find them. Weren't they even looking for him? Harry crossed the street, and headed down the street and didn't look back.

If he did he would have seen Severus and Draco enter in the pet shop looking for him. Harry blew out a breath before opening the wand shop shivering slightly as he felt the magic in the shop. He looked around the empty place and frowned, unsure of why he thought getting a wand would help him in his quest. He sighed before he turned to head back out the door.

"Wait just a minute," a voice stated carefully before he nodded and the door to the shop locked to keep the child from escaping.

Harry turned around slowly, his eyes wide in fear; the snake who had yet to be named had lifted up and hissed threateningly at the man defensively.

The old man wasn't even fazed as he stared at the child in front of him. "Are you Harry?" Ollivander asked him quietly. He faintly recognized the child in front of him but the disguise on him made him unsure of whom exactly who he was seeing.

"How do you know my name?" Harry asked softly, he was well and truly afraid. What if this man wanted to hurt him, he had magic and could and Harry would be powerless to stop it.

"Albus was in here earlier looking for you, I told him I would let him know if I saw you," he answered honestly.

Harry's heart landed in his throat at that, his eyes widened a bit more but not in fear this time in a bit of relief. "Gwanpa Albus was here? How wong? Whewe did he go?" Harry babbled out, just wanting to find the man and then never let him go. He didn't like being lost.

"I will call him to us not to worry Harry, matter fact why don't you take a seat there and have a snack," Garrick told the child soothingly.

Harry nodded slowly as he took a seat at the table watching as a cup of milk and some cookies popped up in front of him. He bit into the warm cookie watching in wonder as the man waved his wand and something white came out of it.

He dropped a bit of his treat as the white mist formed into some kind of animal. He didn't know all of his animals yet so he couldn't even guess what it was. The man seemed to talk to it for a moment before it disappeared out the door.

"What was dat?" Harry wanted to know.

"That young Harry was a Patronus, I've sent a message to Albus to let him know that you are here and he should be here momentarily," the wandmaker replied. He was just glad he had found the child, he could only imagine what would have happened if the boy had accidentally ventured into Knockturn Alley.

"Oh, I'm gwad too I was so scawed," Harry told the man seriously.

"I can imagine," the man answered in the same tone. "Why do you have snake on your shoulder?"

Harry shrugged at the man. "He said he was gonna hewp me but I just fink it wanted to be fwee. So when we go outswide da alley I'm gonna wet him go," he promised.

Ollivander only grinned before he flicked his wrist to unlock his door, which proved to be the best decision as it opened only a second later. He smiled at his good friend before nodding at the child at the table. "There he is Albus, safe and sound," he told the man.

Albus sighed in relief when he saw the child and quickly picked him up and brought him to his chest. He noted that the boy clung to him and he couldn't really blame him. "Where did you go child?" He whispered out softly.

"I got wost," Harry whimpered out sadly.

"I know you did, we were all so worried about you," Albus told him honestly.

"Whewe's Dwaco? Is he wost too?" Harry asked in a horrified tone as he saw that Draco wasn't with the old man. And the last he remembered was Draco chasing him.

"No Draco is perfectly fine, Severus has him. It was you we were all worried about honey," Albus told him softly as he kissed the top of the boy's head.

Harry hugged the man tightly happy that the snake wasn't moving. He couldn't wait until he could put it down, he didn't want to frighten anyone with it. He just wanted it to be free. Harry didn't have to wait that long when the door burst open again and in rushed Remus and Neville. He looked at them with a bemused expression on his face.

"Awe you guys okay?" Harry asked softly.

"We should be asking you that cub," Remus replied seriously.

"Evewytime we got cwose to you, you wan again," Neville told him with a frown.

Harry frowned too, had he been that close to getting found? Why hadn't he seen them? "Weally?"

"Yes weally, I felt you and Uncle Remus smelled you but you were too fast," Neville said as he looked at the child hard. He wasn't angry at Harry just he had been worried sick, and for a moment he had thought that someone had taken Harry or something.

"I'm sowwy," Harry replied sadly.

"Its okay cub, we aren't blaming you," Remus promised him as he looked behind him before he suddenly moved away from the door. "Severus was frantic with worry, so I think it might be best that we leave after this. I think we've had enough excitement for one day,"

Harry nodded meekly, even if he kind of wanted to stay. He knew that he and Severus would still get to shop some more though as they had to give Neville a present too. "Daddy," Harry whispered out as he saw the door opened one last time.

Severus rushed towards Albus, relieved to see Harry was in one piece. He had been beside himself with worry afraid that someone had snatched the child up. Not to mention the crying child on his hip who was just convinced that Harry running and getting lost was his own fault. He breathed a sigh of relief as he reached out to cup the child's face in his hand just to make sure he was truly okay.

"Oh buddy, you had us worried so," Severus told him softly.

"I'm sowwy, I didn't mean to get wost," Harry told him apologetically.

"That's alright, it was partly my fault, I should have spelled you with my magic," he answered honestly. He should have and he wouldn't be making that mistake again.

Harry nodded slowly as he laid his head on the old man's shoulder. After that ordeal, even though he wanted to stay he wanted to go home to get some sleep first. "Awe we still gonna go get Nebille's gift?" He wanted to know.

"Yes, we're leaving now and going to get it. We will meet you both at the Manor," Severus told Remus and Albus.

"If you don't mind Severus, Neville and I would like to go as well. We can go in the next aisle while you pick something out for him. We would just feel a lot better if Harry was in our sights," Remus told him immediately.

"Couldn't have said it better myself," Albus added in as he waved to his good friend as they exited the wand shop and ended up back in the alley.

Harry was yawning but peeking over at Draco who had his face still in Severus's shoulder. He hadn't heard the other boy speak yet so he was worried again. "Dwaco, awe you mad at Hawwy?"

Draco shook his head silently. "It's all Dwaco's fauwt Hawwy got wost," he blubbered out tearfully.

Harry stared at the little blonde boy in confusion. "No you not, you was chasing me but you didn't make me get wost," he pointed out.

Draco didn't answer at that even as Harry had a point, he still responsible. If he hadn't been chasing his friend none of this would have happened. He was sure his godfather was just waiting for the moment when he could spank him. And Draco knew he agreed wholeheartedly with him, he deserved this. He ignored the eyes he suddenly felt on him knowing Neville was trying to get his attention. He wouldn't listen to the other boy knowing he would try to tell him that it wasn't his fault but Draco knew the truth.

Harry frowned when Draco buried his face back into Severus's shoulder, feeling pretty awful at the moment. He had ruined their day it seemed like it. Especially as they walked back to the side of the alley where you could enter into the muggle world; no one had yet spoken. He sniffled sadly as he held onto the old man.

"Where are we going?" Albus asked curiously.

"The alley in Manchester near Hamley's," Severus informed him before he turned on his heel and disappeared with Draco.

Albus sighed and patted Harry's head before he and Remus did the same. They appeared in the other alley, watching as Severus finished spelling a notice me not charm on the opening. He set Harry down carefully watching as the child suddenly pulled something off of his shoulder.

"Harry what da heck awe you doing wiff a snake?" Neville blurted out as he looked at the boy in worry.

Harry winced as everyone turned to look at him and his companion, the adults with looks of horror.

"It's poisonous," Severus whispered out as he took his wand slowly.

"I'm setting it fwee, don't huwt it," Harry told him as he hissed at it once more before he set it down. He watch with a smile as it slithered through a hole in the wall.

Dwaco's eyes were wide in delightly when Harry hissed at it. "You can tawk to it?" He asked in a voice filled with awe.

"Yes can't you?" Harry asked in confusion as Draco started babbling to him about having such a special gift.

Severus was staring at the boy silently; he had forgotten that the child could speak to snakes. He didn't bother looking to his godson knowing that the boy already was gushing about it being the coolest thing. He had better things to do and quickly spelled Harry, a weight suddenly lifting off his chest as he knew Harry had no chance of getting lost again. As it was as soon as they got back to the Manor they were due for a talk, he needed the boy to know not to do that again even with the spell.

Harry went back to Albus as he became aware of something and tugged on the man's cloak uneasily. "I gotta go potty," he informed the man anxiously.

"Of course you do," Albus answered in amusement as he looked at Severus to see if he was ready to head out to the toy shop.

"We need to transfigure our clothes, we're still wearing cloaks," Severus said answering the unasked question.

"Oh yeah, I had forgotten about that," Remus said as he set Neville and pulled out his wand.

Harry watched with a frown on his face, tugging on the man's arm again. He had been lost for an hour and his liquids had caught up with him and he was more than ready to empty them out. He didn't want to add to this horrible day by having an accident. "I hafta go," he repeated out urgently.

"Severus maybe you should take Harry ahead while I finish spelling the other two boys," Albus suggested.

The Potion Master shook his head in refusal as he moved a bit down the alley before bending down. "Come here Harry," he said instead. He didn't want to separate again, he felt better as Lupin had pointed out when they were in a group. That being said they weren't at risk of being seen and Harry was a little boy anyway so it wasn't a problem.

Harry wasn't sure what Severus was doing but he obediently went to the man, looking at him curiously as he wondered what he wanted him to do. His eyes got big yet again as he listened to what he was expected to do.

"As soon as you finish we are going to the toy store and then home," Severus told him as he helped the boy get situated before standing up. He ignored the arching of Albus's eyebrow only to do it in return. "This was quicker and safer," he stated defensively.

"And funnier," Harry chirped out happily.

Draco peeked out from where he had been hiding in Albus's trouser's leg trying to see what Harry was doing. "I wanna twy it," he told the man

"Go to your godfather," Albus prompted him watching as the blonde child went and followed suit. The way he saw it, better they got it out now then when they were in the shop. He turned his gaze to Neville to find the boy looking for the life of him wanting to try it. He doubted the boy had ever done and he grinned. "You too Neville, go on then, that we won't have any interruptions later," he added in amusement.

Severus got Neville situated before turning back to his mentor with an amused look. "Is there a reason you wanted all of them to go?"

Albus popped a lemon drop into his mouth as he looked at the man easily. "Children are as unpredictable as they come, taking this one variable out means that this trip to Hamley's will go just a little bit smoother. And I don't know about you but I need that right now,"

"Right you are Albus, right you are," Severus said as he looked at the sky. Thankfully this outing was nearly over and he couldn't wait.