Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
I struggled with this chapter, which is a first on this story. It was the scenes that involved Severus were very difficult for me. So I incorporated Albus into this more, it wasn't intentional its just its still quite hard to write his character for me.

On another note, Ch. 17 is nearly finished..lol It involved only the boys so my fingers flew lol. This story is winding down, but the next chapter we deal with Christmas and everything that comes with it!
Chapter 13

By the time they finally made their way back to the Manor it was just an hour after lunch but Severus was already tired and ready for bed. As soon as they were in the sitting room, he was unable to help himself as he dropped down into the first chair that he saw. He closed his eyes tiredly for a moment opening then when he felt someone climb on him.

"Daddy awe you awight?" Harry asked softly in obvious concern as he looked in the dark orbs of his guardian.

"I'm fine Harry; I do think though that it's time for a little nap. We've all had a long day," Severus told him.

The little frowned as he looked up at the man. "Go to bed wight now?" He asked skeptically.

"Yes, but only for a little while, I know you boys are tired," Severus replied carefully aware that in his own way Harry was slightly rebelling.

Harry sighed but he was feeling it. He had tried to nap earlier but they had to keep shopping. His tummy gave a soft growl at the thought of just going to bed with his empty tummy but he didn't want to bring it up. He had gotten lost earlier, he was the reason the adults were tired as it was. He was no stranger to going to bed hungry he just had hoped that here that wouldn't be an issue.

Due to everything that had been going on they hadn't stopped for lunch out there and the last thing he remember eating was the cookie in the wand shop. He frowned slightly as he realized that Neville and Draco hadn't even had that so he shouldn't even be complaining. He couldn't keep from feeling the disappointment on the inside but he could stop the emotion from appearing on his face.

He climbed off the man and stretched, looking at him impatiently. If he had to go to bed with no lunch, the least the man could do was take off this potion. He wanted to hide behind his hair, and he couldn't do it when it was like this.

"Can we take da odder potion now?" Harry asked softly, he didn't want to voice his thoughts. He wasn't sure it would be well received anyway.

Severus nodded as he passed the vials to both Lupin and Albus before he opened his vial and carefully fed it to Harry. He watched as the child's normal features came back into the play and he ruffled the messy hair. "I'll see you after your nap," he told him.

"Goodnight den," Harry mumbled out as he walked out the room quickly. He knew he would cave the longer he stayed in that room.

He could be brave, what was a little hunger after what he had done? The little boy hurried up the room faster than his companions as he wanted to straighten his face up a bit not to mention fix how he felt. He didn't want Neville noticing that he was hungry. He didn't want to cause any more trouble. Harry hurried into the room and took off his coat and setting his boots by the door before taking off the rest of his outer layers. By the time Draco and Neville had come into the room he was dressed in his pajamas and was about to climb into his bed.

"Wow Hawwy you get dwessed fast," Draco told him with a little bit of awe before he followed suit and started to take off his things.

Neville walked over to his own bed only to frown as his own tummy gave off a little growl reminding him that they hadn't eaten yet. He sighed softly knowing Severus was tired and thankfully they didn't need to disturb him to get food.

"Hurry up and get dwessed Dwaco so we can have lunch," Neville told him as he went over to Harry's bed. "Get up Harry or you'll get food in your bed,"

Harry was confused and it showed on his face as he looked at his friend. "What awe you tawking about Nebille? We don't get wunch today," he told the boy sadly. "And it's all Hawwy's fauwt," he added just in case the other boy had any doubt.

"Who says we don't get lunch? Uncle Sev'rus was just weally tired I know he didn't mean for us to not eat," Neville promised him not likening what he was feeling from Harry. He grabbed the other toddler's hand and gently pulled him from the bed and led him over to too their coloring table. Thankfully there wasn't any papers or anything on it and would serve nicely for them to eat.

"Do you want me to call Missy, Nebille?" Draco asked as he came over to the table and took a seat.

"Yeah dat would be gweat," Neville told him as he turned to Harry who now had a horror stricken look on his little face. "It's fine," he assured him quickly.

Harry shook his head frantically as the house elf popped away knowing that the food would be coming in but a moment. True he was hungry but he knew what this was and he didn't want to do this here. "This is steawing Nebille, we'we gonna get in twouble," he muttered out.

"It's not stealing Harry we live hewe, and we awe allowed to eat here. Uncle Sev'rus told us dat the fiwst day," Neville reminded him patiently.

Harry nodded slowly the man had said that but he was sure that the man meant when he was eating with them. He gulped fearfully as their lunch appeared on the table as he finally took his seat.

"Eat Hawwy its wawm and yummy," Draco instructed the boy as he picked up his toddler spoon and started to eat his tomato soup. He gestured to the bread when the other boy made no move to do so. "If we get in twouble, which we won't; I'll teww Uncle Sebbus dis was my idea," the little pureblood promised him.

Harry smiled fondly at that before he carefully picked up the toasti sandwich and glanced back at the door. When no one appeared he allowed himself to take a bite, the warm melted cheese on the toasted bread had him closing his eyes in amazement. This was so yummy why didn't they always have this? He opened his eyes to find his friends giggling at him and he smiled in return as they all started in on their lunch.

~$~$~Breaking of the line~$~$~$

When the boys went up the stairs, Severus closed his eyes again knowing even without opening them that both Lupin and Albus, had also slumped down in chairs as well.

"Would it be wrong to pretend the day is over already?" Remus asked half-jokingly.

"I wish we could," Albus answered tiredly as he snapped his fingers for some tea.

"They would be disappointed not to mention Draco would tear this place limb from limb," Severus told them honestly even if he kind of wished the same thing as the other two adults he knew they couldn't do it.

"Why do you say that? Draco hasn't thrown a tantrum since I've been here," Remus pointed out. It had surprised and shocked him to an extent that the boy was just as sweet as the other two if not more.

"When he was this age the first time around he was obedient when I was in his sights but once I wasn't watching him he was a little devil. My house elves hated him as much as they could a wizarding child. Though I figured it helps that after a period of time I ended up having to discipline him and he acted a bit better, only for Lucius to ruin all of that," Severus admitted.

"I suppose the added unconscious help of Neville and Harry also help?" Albus asked as he poured himself some tea before offering it to his companions.

"That is correct, he's definitely better behaved then usual which is why I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. I don't know what could set him off, I just know eventually it will happen," Severus warned them.

"You worry too much Severus, but he is your godson and you do know him better so we shall just have to wait and see," the old man replied as he snapped his finger once more for food. He startled as he realized something his shocked expression stopping the other two men in their conversation.

"What is it Headmaster?" Remus asked automatically.

"It's Albus, Remus remember?" Albus told the man in the same tone before he frowned as he looked over at them. "Did either of you feed Harry or Neville?"

"No of course not we were planning on coming back here to eat after everything that happened earlier," Severus reminded him slowly wondering what was going through the man's head.

"Then they are bound to be hungry right now, as I know I am," Albus stated carefully even as he frowned again.

"That just means they can eat after their nap. It won't be much of a problem, will it?" Remus said slowly, his statement turning into a question as he seen both Albus and Severus's looks.

"Not just a small problem, in Harry's case this is a big problem. The Durselys often sent him to bed without food and I don't want him to associate that with here. I promised him that I would never punish him with this method. Knowing his little head, he's going to assume the worse and think this is punishment," Severus said quickly as he stood up, energy coming from nowhere as he stretched.

Remus stood up as well, his mind reeling. "He can't possibly think we're punishing him, he hasn't done anything wrong," he added.

"I know that, Albus knows that and you know that. Draco and Neville I'm also sure know that; Harry himself doesn't know that at all. We are going to prove it to him," he told him as he hurried up the steps. He hoped the boy wasn't asleep, if so he would be waking him up. He could only imagine if the child woke up hungry, what would that mean to the little boy?

Unware that their little lunch was about to be interrupted Harry was enjoying his time with his friends. He still felt like this thing was a big secret but he was happy that his stomach was being filled. He giggled happily as he grabbed his cup of juice before he turned with a gasp as the door to their room suddenly opened.

He wasn't sure what was going to happen but he knew that he needed to get out of the open. He lost himself for a moment as he threw himself to the floor and crawled to the safety of his beneath his bed. He knew he left his friends out there but they had promised him that they would take care of this, and he trusted them.

When Severus and Albus and Remus had entered the room, the Slytherin's sharp eyes caught Harry just barely making his escape before he focused on the other two boys in disbelief and amusement.

"Whose idea was this?" Severus asked cheerfully. He didn't want them to think he was angry with him, far from it. He was happy about their resourcefulness, he just needed Harry to hear that and hopefully the child would come out of his hiding spot without much prompting.

Draco gave his godfather a grilled cheese filled smile even as he realized Harry was no longer next to him. "We was hungwy and you were tiwed so we got Missy to bwing us food," he told him happily.

"That was a very good thing to do boys, I'm so proud of you. We never meant to forget about lunch, I'm so happy you boys remembered you could call a house elf," Albus replied in the same happy tone as he exchanged glances between the other two men.

"Do you mind if we join you or did you all want to finish your lunch alone?" Remus asked with a smile as he bent down more to their level.

"You can join us, dat way Harry can know that no one is mad at us or him for us eating. He was really worried about that," Neville said with a frown.

Draco nodded vigorously in agreement. "He didn't bewieve us, so I pwomised I would take the bwame if we got in trouble," he added.

"No one is in trouble dragon," Severus said firmly almost unable to believe that his godson had willingly volunteered to take the blame for something to protect someone else.

This is what he had been talking about with Albus just downstairs. Look at how much the child had changed in the past few weeks, he could only imagine how this would impact the child once they were back to normal. He was fearful but hopeful, that once he found the cure his godson wouldn't turn away from these other two extraordinary boys.

"Harry, please come out from underneath the bed, no one is in trouble and we would really like it if you finished your lunch with us," Remus spoke when Missy popped in with more food as Albus transfigured a table for the adults.

Severus watched with bated breath as he saw a small tuft of black hair make an appearance from underneath the bed. He let out a rare smile when Harry's eyes immediately sought him out and held out his arms invitingly towards the child.

Harry grinned in return before he ran towards the man, pushing his face into the man's chest as he relished in the comfort of the arms around him. He was also happy that no one seemed to be making a big deal about him hiding underneath the bed. He felt slightly embarrassed but he obediently turned back to his food. He supposed this was the way for him to know that they really did care for him.

~*~*~*Page Breaking~*~*~*~

The next day brought forth all of the excitement that Christmas Eve usually gave out. The manor was decked out in Christmas decorations and filled with the delights of little boy's voices. By the time lunch time arrived on Christmas Eve, the adults caring for them couldn't wait for the day itself to end.

Severus took a seat in his chair at the table, watching in amusement and exasperation as he looked at the three boys in his care. He knew today was going to be hectic, the boys had gotten a glimpse at the some of the boxes underneath the tree and he had been forced to spell a barrier around it least they get to them.

He knew that they had loads more gifts for the children once they went to bed though he was unsure how many each child in question really had. Not to mention the gifts from their friends from school as well as Draco's parents. Albus was planning on checking to see Neville's gift from his Grandma and what it entailed. If it had something detrimental to the child's mental health, he wouldn't be receiving it.

The Potion Master quietly hid a yawn behind his hands as he watched the children and Albus around the breakfast table. He hoped that when this was all said and done that Albus would still be a fixture in their lives. Not just Harry, but Neville and Draco as well, they could all use some of Albus's teaching.

 Severus startled only slightly as the man of the hour turned to look up at him, his bright blue eyes twinkling in amusement. He wondered if he had projected his thoughts without realizing it.

"What is on the agenda today Severus?" Albus asked conversationally, giving no knowledge that he may or may not have heard the man's thoughts.

"I'm not sure actually, I do not want to go into any town today. It's beyond hectic and I do not want to lose any of my charges today," Severus said his eyes flickering to Harry's direction absently. Thankfully the child seemed intent on his porridge and didn't hear him which he was thankful for. "Maybe the wolf has something in mind," he said as an afterthought.

"They could head out into the backyard and play, maybe they could open one or two presents early that may pertain to outdoor play," Remus suggested.

"That idea does have merit, but it's not really the weather for being outdoors. I don't know how you didn't hear it but it snowed something fierce last night," Severus replied in turn.

"There is always their playroom, not everything in there has been explored yet," Albus added in.

"Yes but can we truly spend our entire day in there? I'm likely to go mad if I even think about it," Severus said knowing after a moment he would feel like he was caged inside.

"We still have plenty of time to think about what we can do," Albus assured them both before glancing down as he felt a small tug on his beard.

"Gwanpa Albus, who hewe is a wolf?" Draco asked innocently. He kept hearing his god father referred to the wolf, and had a hunch that he might be talking to Remus. But the man didn't look like a wolf, he was way too nice to be a scary werewolf.

Albus smiled gently, his eyes flickering up to Severus before he sighed. "It's just an expression Draco, like when Severus calls you dragon,"

Draco nodded slowly as he understood that, it clearly had something to do with Remus as a person. He wanted to ask why that was, but the thought left him once he found his Grandpa tickling him.

Neville's eyes flicked over to Remus who had fallen silent when Draco had spoken. He frowned in outright annoyance as he stared at the man. "Stop dat, he's doesn't even know. It's cause Uncle Severus is still hostile," he informed the man kindly.

Remus smiled in amusement at the child's tone not to mention vocabulary. Where had this brave little boy gone? The Neville he was familiar with was never this brave, what could have caused the child to be the way he became?

Severus for his part also quirked his lips in amusement as he heard the child describe what he was feeling in regards to the other man. Unlike with the boys, it was going to take more than a few weeks to let go of all of this hate he had for the werewolf, not to mention the fear he felt he would never overcome. The potion master felt someone's eyes on him and turned to find piercing green eyes looking back at him.

"Yes Harry?" He asked gently, wondering what the child wanted.

"Could we go outside and buiwd a snowman? Or make a snow angel? Hawwy always wanted to make one of dose," Harry informed him shyly. He could feel Draco's hand gently squeezing his hand under the table which is what had given him the bravery to request this in the first place.

"I think we might be able to do that for a little while, but only if you boys wear your outerwear and warming charms," Severus replied slowly knowing that he couldn't deny the child this.

Harry nodded slowly, he was happy with that. He never liked being outside in the cold without a proper coat on. And now here he had hats, and gloves and everything a little boy needed to stay warm outside. He was clearly in heaven, and he turned to grin shyly at the man. He was curious about something and since Severus seemed to know nearly everything maybe he would know this.

"I had anodder dweam wast night," Harry loudly informed the table as everyone had been talking and he wanted to be heard. That was another thing he had learned, it was perfectly okay to speak up to be heard. He really liked that, as it was, his statement caused everyone to look at him and he flushed at all of the attention.

Severus was silently communicating with Albus, wondering if Harry's dream was appropriate for the other boys to hear, but the boy was smiling this time so he figured it might be okay. They wouldn't know until Harry himself told them.

"Oh, what was it of? Was it another scary dream?" Severus asked curiously, hoping the child took the hint to divulge in what he had seen. He just wanted to know if he needed a cause for concern or not.

Harry giggled before he shook his head. "No dis was a good dweam, it had Uncle Wemus in it," he told them in awe. Did this mean that his dream had been true?

"What did you see Harry? Was I doing anything?" Remus asked, when it became apparent Severus wasn't going to follow up with another question.

"I don't weally know, it was diffewent. Mommy was dere and my odder daddy was dere, and a doggie was dere and then you came fwew da door. Daddy called you Moony, and then you all laughed at the doggie," Harry said slowly as he remembered the dream. He was sure now that this was probably a memory of some sort.

Remus was staring open-mouthed for a second before he composed himself, unable to believe what he was hearing. "Did the dog have a name cub?" He asked hoarsely.

"Daddy called him Padfoot and den, dis is da cool pawt. He tuwned into a man!" Harry said in obvious awe. That was the part that had him wondering if it was truly true or not. People couldn't be animals right?

Remus gasped, his brain automatically going back to the memory Harry had triggered in him as he looked at the little boy. "That was a memory, a real life memory cub," he whispered out.

"So people can tuwn into doggies?" Harry asked in disbelief.

"Some people can turn into dogs, or another animal in the wizarding world. It's possible kiddo," Remus replied softly as he tried to clear the tears from his throat.

"How did you know dat you saw your mommy Hawwy?" Draco asked curiously.

"She was hugging me, and I just knew it was her," Harry replied softly.

"What does she looked like Harry?" Severus asked quietly, unable to make his voice go any higher.

"She had wed hair, and she had gween eyes wike me," Harry said proudly. "And she was tall and she was howding me in her awms and she called me Hawwy," he said his tone going soft and wistful as he remembered.

"Don't be sad Harry, at least you know dat they're in a better pwace," Neville said kindly.

"What couwd be a mowe better pwace den wiff me?" Harry asked sadly before he shook the thoughts away.

 He couldn't afford to be ungrateful, Severus had opened his heart and home for them to live there. He couldn't live in the past; he knew he couldn't hurt the man like this. His green eyes flicked up to find those dark eyes peering right back at him and he reached his arms out for the man instinctively. His daddy looked like he needed a hug, Harry didn't want to admit that he might have needed a hug as well.

Severus didn't hesitate as he leaned across the table to grab the child, hugging him tightly to his chest. He knew that he was to blame for this sweet boy's lack of parents, but he would be doing all that he could to make up for it.

"It's alright Harry," Severus whispered out softly. "You have no idea how sorry I am,"

Harry didn't understand why the man was apologizing for, the grown-ups here did that a lot it seemed. But it didn't totally bother him, he turned a bit so he could look at his Uncle who still had the look on face like he wanted to cry.

"Uncle Moony, whose Padfoot?" Harry asked innocently unaware of the turmoil that the man was dealing with on the inside.

Remus made a choking sound as that before he abruptly stood up. He reached out to gently ruffle the child's hair to let him know that he wasn't angry at him, before he turned and fled the kitchen.

Neville frowned before he scooted out from his chair. "I'll be back," he informed them.

"No, I think it would be best to allow the wolf to grieve and then when he's ready he'll come back down here," Severus stated instead when he saw the child move.

"I wish you wouldn't call him dat, but he's not just gwieving, Uncle Remus has actually left," Neville said with a sigh as he gave his Professor the stink eye as the man had made him miss his Uncle leaving.

"Did he weave because somefing Hawwy said?" Harry asked softly.

"Nope, he left because he was remembering that Padfoot was all alone on Christmas Eve and he wanted to go see him," Neville replied promptly before he looked at the Professor expectantly.

"But who is dis Padfoot?" Harry grumbled out.

"Uncle Remus has to tell you dat, but come on Harry. Let's go get dwessed, Uncle Sev'rus said we could play outside," Neville said as he jumped down and looked at both Harry and Draco before he took off for the stairs.

Severus watched them fondly go before he turned back to look at Albus, who had been oddly quiet during the whole conversation regarding Harry's dream. He wanted to know what the old man was thinking of and asked him so. "What is it?"

Albus gently stroked his beard as he looked at Severus. "I wonder if Harry is getting some memories back," he said slowly.

"Because of this one thing? That's not likely," Severus stated skeptically. He didn't like this subject he didn't want to think about Harry remembering him, he had been an awful person to the child.

"It's just a theory, we'll have to keep an eye out on all of them just in case it turns out to be their memories coming back," Albus replied softly.

"We will deal with that hurdle if it even comes," the potion master said stiffly wondering if the old man was doing this on purpose.

"They will understand Severus," Albus said gently aware of where the man's thoughts were going.

"I do not wish to talk about this now Albus," Severus stated tightly as his mind grasped at straws, trying to think of something equally important to change the topic of conversation too. "What is happening with Harry's relations?"

"I sent a squib auditor to their residence for them to show their receipts over the years for how much they spent on Harry. They weren't able to produce not even one, I'm doing all that I can to make sure that they are dealt with, the muggle way. That way will hurt them more and Harry won't have to deal with the wizarding world finding out until much later," Albus explained.

"What else besides that? Will they be arrested?" Severus wanted to know.

"They will be, Amelia has informed me they have nearly all the evidence and it's astounding on how pure Harry managed to come out of there. I do not wish to compare but the situation is very similar to your story as well as Tom Riddle's. I hate to think what would happen if we had not of caught this now," Albus said a chilling deep in his body at just the thought.

Severus didn't want to think on that at all, Harry wouldn't be dark he wouldn't allow it. "What of Neville's Grandmother?"

"She hired a solicitor like I told you in the beginning, however it backfired on her. I informed the man that she was raising an empathetic child who she felt would never live up to her son's name. That didn't go over well with the man at all, and the last I heard he was spreading that story throughout the firms like fiendfyre," Albus said gleefully.

"Is there a chance that she can regain full custody of Neville?" Severus asked, trying to cover all of the basis.

"No, the closest she would get is visitation rights a few times a year," the old man replied firmly.

"And what of the Uncle?" Severus pressed, he needed to know every detail. He didn't like surprises especially when they were crucial to his survival and well-being of his charges.

"He's in Azkaban as we speak, he was put on trial and Amelia used Veritaserum as she didn't want to leave it to chance. It is a wonder Neville even made it out of that house alive Severus. The child has nearly been burned to death, drowned, splattered, and Algernon went so far as to use muggle methods," Albus stated gently.

"Like what?" Severus asked quietly, dread all throughout his body.

"The year before Hogwarts he took Neville to a shooting range and he ‘accidentally' shot the child," Albus spat out in disgust, he had been horrified at the trial and hadn't been the only one.

Severus looked at the man with an aghast expression on his face. "Augusta allowed that?" He asked in disbelief.

"No actually, she didn't know about it until the trial. It seems Neville's magic had done it's job and it didn't leave a physical scar and she didn't have a cause for concern. She nearly blasted him in the courtroom and I think if the room didn't cancel out magic no one would have cared," Albus admitted.

"Has he been given the kiss?" Severus asked hopefully.

"No they want that to be Neville's decision when he hits his majority," Albus replied.

"He'll be insane by then," Severus pointed out.

"A fitting end I might add, and he'll have deserved it too," the old man said with no remorse anywhere on his aged features.

"You never did say when the Durselys trial was," Severus said with a frown.

"And with good reason, Wizarding Child Protective Services had gone to the house with the Aurors and they performed a spell that allowed them to view and save video and photographic evidence of what went on in the house. It sheds some light on the saying, ‘If walls could talk," Albus chuckled dryly. "I don't think Harry would want you to see that, and so I ask that to respect both of us our wishes not to go to the trial if you find out when and where it is," the old man added seriously.

Severus gave a curt nod, aware that had this of been him he would be embarrassed if his soon to be guardian was able to see the horror he went through. He would give this to Harry and he wouldn't go to the trial, that being said he would still pick Albus's brain if the man allowed him too.

"Now it's Christmas Eve and I want to build a snowman with the boys," Albus stated cheerfully wondering what was taking the children so long.

 The old man knew that Severus would need a minute to organize his thoughts and so he headed up the stairs to see what the boys were doing. He gently knocked before he opened the door, both of his eyebrows arching up in amusement as he took in the scene in front of him.

He could see two of the boys had gotten their snowsuit on correctly but it seemed like the boots were giving them the most trouble and they were trying to help each other. At least that's what Albus was currently seeing, and he quickly made his way to them wondering if they would accept his help.

"Gwanpa Albus, you shouwd hewp Hawwy, he just ‘membered dat he had to go potty and can't get his suit off," Draco said as he gently tugged on the man's beard and pointed to their shared bathroom where he had seen Harry run off too.

Albus nodded quickly giving the blonde child a smile. "I will do that," he told him before he hurried into the opened toilet door to find the child just where Draco had told him. Harry was in a right state and he flicked his wand not wanting to even attempt to undo anything the muggle way right now. He watched in amusement as the little boy opened his mouth in awe as the snow suit peeled off of him like a banana before the child glanced up.

"Fanks!" Harry said happily as he turned towards his toddler toilet and quickly took a seat to relieve himself

"You're very welcome Harry, don't forget to wash your hands," Albus told him before he headed back out into the bedroom to help the other two boys.

"Did Hawwy make it otay? We didn't want him to haff an askident," Draco said with a frown.

"He made it just fine Draco, thank you for telling me when I came right in," Albus praised the child.

Draco beamed proudly as he stood up, his fingers seeking out the man's white beard as he grinned wider in response.

"Severus once asked me why you boys liked my beard so much, I'm afraid I don't know the answer to that myself," Albus remarked in amusement.

"It's cause of your magic, we can feel it if we hold onto it," Neville said with a smile. He could feel it anyway but this way Harry and Draco could understand what he felt all the time.

"Oh you can?" Albus asked in amazement. "How does my magic feel to you boys?"

"It feels safe and happy," Neville said firmly.

"And fun and it makes me feel good when I touch it," Draco added.

Albus made a face in approval he hadn't known that, turning as he heard Harry coming out of the bathroom with a bright smile. "What do you feel when you touch my beard Harry?"

Harry gave the man a shy smile at the question, as he chanced a look at Neville and Draco who seemed to be nodding in encouragement to him so he felt it was okay to answer it and he did.

"It's makes me feel Loved," he said softly as he gave a happy smile to the man.

 

Albus swallowed the choked feeling that had appeared in his chest at the children's words, hoping that when this was all over they wouldn't forget him. No matter what happened now, he knew he would never forget them.

Chapter End Notes:
What did you think of the bit with the beard? That was for the ones who asked why they liked to hold it. :)