Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry this is so late, but Severus and Remus bonded a bit and Draco demanded attention. This was supposed to be the Christmas Chapter but it got to big for that. Also I would like to apologize in advance for the ending. It was too long as I said before.
Chapter 14

Albus smiled brightly as he stared at his three charges around him, the small hole that had been around his heart since his beautiful sister had died was slowly closing up. He held a hand out to Harry who was shyly hiding in his robes after that declaration of love. The old man couldn't help the chuckle that escaped him as he took a seat on the floor.

"I love all of you as well, nothing will ever change that no matter what happens," Albus said firmly wanting them to know that. He knew once they were aged up, the relationship they had could go two ways. It would either grow stronger, or it would diminish. He hoped for their sake and his if he was being honest that it grew stronger. He didn't want to lose any of his boys, Severus and Remus included when this was all over.

 Albus ruffled Draco's soft blonde locks before the old man stood up yet again and stretched. He needed to talk with Severus to see what they were going to do in regards to tomorrow. Albus knew that they weren't planning on going anywhere tomorrow as it would be too dangerous not to mention stressful if they did.

They had thankfully done all of their present shopping and they were all set. They just needed to wrap them when the boys were sleeping and then set them under the tree. He gasped softly as he remembered something he had done in his youth and he smiled.

"Boys, would you like to write a letter to Father Christmas? I know it's a bit late, but I know if we send it off before dinner tonight, he'll still get it in time for Christmas," Albus spoked in an excited tone.

Harry eye's flew to the old man's blew one as his mouth fell open in his excitement before he looked eagerly from both Neville and Draco to see what they wanted to do. The raven haired child hoped that the other two boys wanted to do that, he had always been jealous of Dudley who had gotten to write to Father Christmas every year.  Not to mention get to make the goodies for Father Christmas to have!

"I want to do dat!" Harry said excitedly as he bounced up and down in his happiness.

Neville couldn't help but grin as he felt Harry's emotions. He giggled happily already nodding to that suggestion. For a while there, he had been sure that Father Christmas wasn't real or had just skipped over his house because his Uncle had been right. But since he had gained a new family he felt that maybe his Christmas Wish had just taken a moment to get to him.

"I agwee, that does sound like lotsa fun," Neville said eagerly as he turned to look at Draco curiously who hadn't said much this entire time.

That was because the little blonde hair boy was shaking his head, he remembered last year when he had caught his mummy putting some presents under the tree. He had been confused for a moment until he figured that maybe Father Christmas didn't think he was a good boy anymore. He didn't want to wake up and find no presents for him, even after leaving something out. He was slightly afraid that was until he looked up at the concerned eyes of his Grandpa Albus.

"What's the matter dragon?" Albus asked curiously when the child continued to brood.

"I don't fink I've been very good this year. Just a few days ago, I was mean to Hawwy," Draco said with a sigh before he shrugged as if he didn't care. "I don't want to wite a letter to him,"

Albus smiled softly before he grinned. "But you apologized after and you promised never to do it again. He knows that little boys and girls are not perfect and he doesn't want you to be. Want to know a secret Draco?"

Draco nodded eagerly, he loved knowing secrets, especially if his grandpa Albus was the one keeping it. "What secwet?"

"I'm on very good terms with Father Christmas and I know for a fact that he visits Severus's manor on Christmas. He's keyed into the floo, either way. And he would never knowingly forget a child," Albus told him promptly.

"He didn't fowget you Harry, I fink your Aunt and Uncle stoled your presents away after he bwought them to you," Neville said when he felt Harry's shift in emotions.

Harry nodded slowly that did make more sense, he shook the thought away before he turned his eyes attentively to the old man. If what Neville said was true, then this year he was guaranteed to get some gifts and he was very excited about that.  "Can we wite letters to Father ‘Kistmas now?"

"Of course we can, if you boys can clean up your desk I will head downstairs to grab some parchment for us to use," Albus said easily before he hurried out the room.

 He wanted to appraise Severus of the situation. He headed straight into the sitting room feeling like the man would be there and was correct when he found Severus dozing off in a chair. He quietly pulled out his camera and snapped a picture before putting it away.

He was thankful that the shutter was quiet and that Severus felt safe in his Manor to let his guard down. He hated to wake up the man but he knew in his heart that the Slytherin would want to be a part of this. And he didn't want to hurt the man anymore then he had, they still needed to finish that talk of theirs as it was. Albus made his way over to the man and touched his shoulder. He didn't need to do anything else as the man's eyes suddenly opened.

"I wasn't asleep before you say anything, I was making sure that my mental walls were still impenetrable," Severus stated before the man could say anything.

He refused to admit, let alone think on the fact that he had indeed been sleeping. Those little boys constantly tired him out, how was he expected to keep up with them without overdosing on pepper up potion? He didn't hear them yelling so he mused they must be okay, though he was wondering just why Albus was down here instead of back upstairs where he had been.

"Of course you weren't Severus," Albus said in amusement but didn't elaborate on it. He smiled brightly at the man and urged him up. "We are going to help the boys write their letters to Father Christmas and then send them off. And then we'll make some mince pies together and they can leave them out for the man," the old man stated excitedly.

Severus's eyes widened, he had forgotten about that! Good thing Albus reminded him about it. He had done this same thing with Lily when he had been a child, back when he had been innocent and not yet jaded. He stood up eagerly in his excitement, his obsidian eyes flashing up to find twinkling blue ones watching him in amusement.

"How about for today since it's not a lot of daylight left, we just help them their letters? We can make the mince pies and holiday treats tomorrow? It'll give us something to do since we aren't going out," Severus suggested slowly.

Albus nodded slowly that did sound like a plan, then they didn't have to rush tonight by trying to get everything done. "Are you connected to the wireless? Usually they have a station that plays some holiday music," the old man added.

"Even better, I have a muggle radio that I charmed years ago. So the boys can listen to holiday music non-stop if they'd like," Severus replied cheerfully as he headed towards the steps.

"That's great, we can build a snowman tomorrow as well, and go sledding out back too," Albus added getting into the Christmas mood.

Severus shook his head in amusement, knowing by tomorrow Albus would no doubt have loads of activities for them to do. He didn't begrudge the man, and was actually looking forward to seeing what else the man came up with. He didn't bother grabbing any parchment knowing that the boys had muggle writing paper in their rooms from when they had gone out to get their toys.

He led the way, walking straight into the boy's room to find each little boy waiting in a chair for them. He smiled brightly at all of them before he headed over to shelf to grab what they needed before coming back to the toddler desk.

"Who here knows how to write?" Severus asked neutrally. He wasn't completely sure when Draco learned to write, but he didn't want to overstep anything and end up angering or embarrassing a child.

"I can write weally well Uncle Sev'rus," Neville said proudly as he held his hand up for the quill, frowning in confusion at what was handed to him instead. He didn't say anything, only placed it silently down on the table as he looked to see what the other boys were handed out.

"Uncle Sebbus, I don't even ‘no what dis is," Draco said with a scowl before he huffed out in annoyance. He didn't really like writing with quills but his mummy had said it was an important skill he needed to know.

Harry was the only one whose eyes lit up when Severus handed him a crayon to hold, he giggled happily as he noted the green color. This was Harry's favorite, and he was so happy that the man had remembered it! He turned to look at his friends in confusion.

"It's a cwayon, you can dwaw wiff it," Harry explained to them, watching Grandpa Albus curiously as the man came to help him write the letter to Father Christmas.

"I wasn't sure if Draco had used a quill at this point, I can give you a quill if you like Neville. But I'd really like it more if you tried to use these, you'll find they are a bit easier to hold and distribute the color," Severus remarked when saw the confusion on the child's face.

"Not to mention it makes your pictures very pretty, as the crayons come in an wide assortment of colors," Albus chirped in as he pulled out his wand and waved it at Harry's paper.

The old man wasn't surprised just very saddened when he noted that Harry could not write. He didn't draw attention to it not wanting the child to feel ashamed, this was not the child's fault. This was all on the Durselys, and he sighed before he casually waved his wand. His movements made little stenciled writing on the paper so Harry could easily trace the words with his crayon.

"What did you want for Christmas Harry?" Albus asked, wanting to stencil that in as well. That way Harry would get the proud feeling of writing his letter all by himself just like the other two boys.

Harry grinned brightly at that as he thought about it. His wish had already come true, but he knew that the old man was expecting an answer. He giggled happily before he nodded to himself for a moment. "I want uh, a bwack cwoak wike my daddy has and um I don't know what else," he said with a smile.

"What do you mean you don't know? There must be something else." Severus pointed out kindly.

"Hawwy always just wanted a famiwy and a daddy and I haff boff of those now. I don't want nothing else," Harry said with a happy sigh as he gifted the man with a bright grin before he turned to his paper.

Severus had to pull away from the table for a moment to stare intently at the books on the shelf to calm his emotions. This little boy had no idea how he made him feel, the child would be the death of him once he realized that Severus would go to the ends of the earth for him. He only just hoped that Harry would still want him once he was re-aged up. He couldn't bare thinking about the child not being in his life.

He knew that Albus had told him he would keep custody of Harry either way, but he already loved this child to the point that if Harry honestly didn't want to live with him he would find somewhere for him. He hoped it never came down to that, but he had been a poor teacher and an even horrible human being to the boy.

"Uncle Sebbus, looks like he wants to cwy," Draco said in confusion as he was waiting on his godfather to show him how to use this item.

"I'm alright dragon, I just was thinking of something," Severus murmured out quietly before he turned to help the child.

"Will Uncle Remus be back by da time for dinner?" Neville asked curiously, trying to take the attention off the of the dark man. He knew the potion master tended to get embarrassed of his emotions, but he couldn't really hide them from Neville unless he really tried.

"He should be," Albus replied quickly, one could never tell with Remus at the moment.

"Okay that's good then I want to him to help us do stuff too," Neville told him.

"He will, we've decided that we will make the holiday treats tomorrow and have loads of activities planned too," Albus replied easily as he looked over their letters.

Harry was nearly done with his letter before he gasped softly as he remembered something that he had wanted the very most and it was a toy. He giggled softly to himself as the old man helped him again before he was finally done. "So now what?"

"We put dem in the floo and they go stwaight to Father Chwistmas," Draco replied eagerly.

Severus smiled softly, happy as they all headed out of the room that he would get to be a part of this with them.

~*~*~*The Next Day, Christmas Eve~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

When Severus woke up the next morning, a ball of anxiety and a little bit of fear filled him for a moment before he occluded the feeling away. He shook his head, aware of why the feelings had made themselves known. He had never had to spend a Christmas Eve with preschoolers of this age, and he didn't want to mess up anything. He wanted this to be the best Christmas Eve they had ever had. This was his chance to show Neville and Harry that not all holidays were bad or filled with sadness.

 He wanted them to experience the joy that Draco had grew up with it. He grinned slightly to himself as he got out of bed, knowing that at least this morning Harry wouldn't be attempting to make breakfast. They had truly tired the children out last night, with their playtime not to mention story after story. Harry had stayed up the longest and he was so sure that the boy would still be asleep. He hoped so anyway, even as he got dressed quickly just in case Harry was in the kitchen. He made his way to the boy's room to find all three of them still sleeping and he grinned softly to himself.

He had time to check on the progress of the potion he had made last night. He took a small vial of the remnants of their original potion and had broken down every last particle of it. He had even recreated it successfully and when he found the antidote he would bring it to the Ministry to get it approved. Neville and Harry had unknowingly made a beautiful de-aging potion, that brought one back to their childhood in a way that hadn't been done before. He wasn't going to take the glory for this, and even if they didn't need any more money this was their potion.

He knew it would help St. Mungos quite a lot as the way this potion worked was; it brought the person back down to 5 or so and all of their injuries that they had beforehand disappeared unless it happened at that age the first time. Not to mention it had the added bonus of the person not remembering anything after that certain age. They would need to do some clinical trials but this was definitely a breakthrough potion for those patients who saw no way out of their life but death. He just needed to start on the antidote, he was sure that he could make it easily now.

 He wasn't sure how he felt about it, he would have to go to Albus about what he should do. Severus was aware the antidote would probably only take an hour or two at the most to make. He just didn't want to give it just yet; he knew it was a selfish thought but he still wanted to spend time with them like this. He would think on it later, and quickly headed downstairs and to his lab to just get it done and out of the way.

~*~*~breaking line*~*~*~*~*~*

3 hours or so after Severus had woken up and disappeared into his Potion's lab, the other occupants of the manor were starting to get up. Albus and Remus were up and already downstairs making sure that the food was prepared and ready. They would get the boys when they called for them, but for now they were letting them sleep for as long as they needed too.

Draco was the first one to wake up out of the little boys and he quickly rolled out of his bed and hurried into their ensuite bathroom, slamming the door in his hurry. Because of that Harry and Neville woke up soon after only to just sigh happily as he laid there in contentment.

"Good Mowning Neville," Harry stated happily as he slowly sat up in his bed.

"Morning Harry, did you sweep good?" Neville asked easily.

"I did, I'm so ‘cited about today, I can't wait for da fun things that we get to do," Harry admitted excitedly.

Neville laughed at the boy exuberance and nodded eagerly. "I'm excited too," he admitted before he got out of bed.

"Can we get dwessed now do you fink?" Harry asked hopefully as he too rolled out of bed.

"Yes we can get dwessed and then we can head downstairs to eat," Neville told him as he hurried over to his wardrobe to pick out some clothes to wear.

Harry followed after Neville going to his dressers to see what he could wear, he wanted something really good, something that reflected how he was currently feeling. Speaking of which, he frowned and made his way over to the close door and gave it a quick knock.

"Who is it?" Draco asked politely like his mummy had always told him too, as he brushed his teeth.

"Can I come in to go potty?" Harry asked shyly, still wary even after these few weeks here.

"Of course you can Hawwy," Draco replied quickly appalled that Harry would think otherwise.

"Fanks!" Harry said cheerfully as he grinning happily before he disappeared into the bathroom a moment later.

Neville shook his head in clear amusement as he got dressed before making his way into the bathroom as well. Living here was unlike anywhere he had ever stayed at, and as different as it was he wouldn't change it for anything.

Harry was giggling as he finished up at the toilet before stepping on his stool in front of his sink. He could see both Draco and Neville brushing their teeth and combing their hair respectively. He washed his hands, and ran his wet hand through his hair before he started brushing his own teeth. He really did love it here.

"What do you fink is fow bweakfast?" Harry asked curiously.

"Something yummy," Draco answered immediately as he jumped down and hurried to get dressed. The other boys were already dressed and he didn't want to left behind.

It didn't take long for the three little boys to be ready and they all quietly trouped to the top of the stairs, where Severus's magical barrier was still in effect.

"Whose gonna scweam fow Gwanpa Albus?" Draco asked curiously.

"We don't hafta scweam, I can get us thwough," Harry told them confidently.

Neville arched his eyebrow questioningly, unconsciously mimicking the potion's master's antics. "How awe you gonna do that?"

"Wiff my magic," Harry said seriously as he took a hold of each of the boy's hand before he wished with all of his might that the barrier would let them pass like it had done before. He quickly stepped through, pulling them with him before he slumped down on the steps panting softly.

Draco was looking in awe and horror between Harry and the magical barrier they had crossed. "You awe weally stwong Hawwy," he said excitedly before he bent down to look at the smaller boy. "Awe you okay?"

Harry nodded tiredly, just needed to rest for a moment. It had been hard pulling them both through with him, but he was proud that he had done it nonetheless. "I fine, just tiwed,"

"It's magical exhaustion Harry, maybe you shouwdn't do that again," Neville said worriedly.

"Otay," Harry replied quickly, always eager to please even if he didn't agree. He would be doing it again; he didn't like feeling caged in somewhere. He liked that his magic gave him a way to escape he only wished he had known about it sooner when he was with his Aunt and Uncle.

Neville gave the raven haired boy a look, aware of the emotions but not calling him out on them. He shook his head before he took Harry's hand and carefully made their way downstairs. As they got off the steps, the three boys froze as they saw Severus coming up from the basement.

Severus arched an eyebrow in confusion, looking around for a moment wondering what in the world was going on. How had the boys gotten downstairs? Where were Albus and Lupin? And why did the three boys look guilty all of a sudden? His lips twitched in amusement before he bent down so he was on their level.

"Is there something you boys would like to tell me?" He asked casually.

"Nope, good mowning Uncle Sebbus," Draco chirped out before he glanced at his two companions before taking all caution to the wind and running to the kitchen.

Harry giggled as he turned to look at Neville, he couldn't believe Draco had just run for it, and looking at his daddy neither could the man. "Awe you gonna be mad if we tell you?"

"No," Severus said even as his eyes flicked in the general direction that his godson had fled too. Even at this age, the child was a Slytherin through and through.

"Harry let us thwough it, but it made him weally tired," Neville admitted softly, knowing that if nothing else Severus would have some type of potion for the raven haired child to take. He didn't want Harry falling asleep when they had just woken up.

Severus nodded as he bent down on one knee and gestured to the small raven haired child to come to him. He was thankful that he had made child size dozes of the common potions and not so common ones back when he learned that he would be taking in the boys. Thankfully he hadn't had to use any, but now this pepper up with come in handy now. "I want you to take a potion for me,"

Harry nodded obediently, as he walked over to the man, looking into his eyes happily. "Is it good?" He asked innocently.

"Yes, it's very good and it has a surprise for you," Severus said with a grin.

"What kinda surpwise?" Harry asked curiously.

Neville butted in this time not wanting to be the odd one out. "It makes smoke come outta your ears!" He said excitedly.

Harry's eyes got wide as he looked at the man eagerly. "Weally?"

Severus chuckled at the childs excitement. "Indeed," he said easily, noting how far the child had come from being so very afraid of all things magic. He uncorked the vial and gently fed the child the potion.

"Uncle Sev'rus, can I go into the kitchen?" Neville asked politely.

"Of course you can, you don't have to ask buddy," Severus told him easily as his eyes drank in Harry's expression as the medicine did its work. The little boy was still so easily amused and he loved that he got to see this side of him.

Neville giggled happily in returned before he skipped his way into the kitchen. He headed straight for Uncle Remus as Grandpa Albus was currently getting his ear talked off by Draco. The smile on his face grew even brighter as he leaned into the man's side once he was close enough.

"Good Mowning Uncle Remus," he said shyly sighing happily as he felt the calm and positive emotions coming off of the man.

"Good morning Neville, are you very excited about what we are going to do today?" Remus asked cheerfully, as truth he was very much so himself.

"A little bit, I don't know all of what we awe doing, as Uncle Sev'rus didn't tell us much," Neville stated with a small pout.

"Well I can tell you, it'll be the best day ever," Remus promised him sincerely as he hugged the child happily.

"And after can you tell me who Sirius is?" Neville asked timidly.

Remus was a bit surprised as he hadn't remembered even speaking that name in front of the boys, but apparently he had. "Of course, as soon as I tuck you into bed tonight,"

"Gweat," Neville stated happily as he turned to look at the spread on the table happily. His stomach growled and he was thankful that both Harry and the potion's Master soon appeared into the kitchen a minute later and took a seat.

Harry climbed up to his chair happily, feeling the magic around him knowing that it would prevent him from falling and he liked that. He felt so safe in his booster chair and he smiled happily to himself as he looked to the two other men at the table. "C'n we eat now?" He asked hopefully.

"Yes we can," Albus replied immediately as they handed each child their warm food with their toddler forks and cups before setting Draco in his own chair.

Severus looked around at his companions, knowing the boys were content in eating their breakfast so they had a bit of time to talk. He casted a slight muffliatio just on the off chance he might swear again. He didn't want them learning anymore new words on his behalf.

"Take me by the plan for today?" Severus requested slowly, he always liked know exactly what they were going to do.

"After Breakfast we will be heading outside for some play time, building snow man and things of that nature as well as enchanting them. It's great fun Severus, for all of us," Albus said happily as he thought of all of the fun he could have with the boys.

Remus sighed softly, his heart conflicted at the moment. He had been to St. Mungos where Sirius was currently at, his room wasn't the most cheerful. And the man had constantly asked about where his godson was. He knew that the man wouldn't be gaining custody of the child anytime soon but he didn't want Sirius to spend the Holidays alone.

 He knew how that felt, he just didn't know how to broach that conversation. He swallowed thickly knowing if Albus didn't step in that Severus would definitely say no. Having Sirius here threatened his time with Harry, and he knew that was detrimental for the child and he wouldn't be harming his cub in any way possible any more.

 He sighed sadly, the darkness surrounded his friend would lighten only when Harry was mentioned which was why he was at a loss. He wasn't even paying attention to the current conversation to his companions at the moment. He didn't want to miss out on Neville and Harry's Christmas but he was torn because he couldn't leave Sirius alone, not again, not ever. Remus was slightly aware that the old man's eyes were on him but he was caught up in his thoughts.

"Wolf, what's the matter with you?" Severus hissed out when it became apparent that the other man wasn't saying anything. He didn't want to admit it but he was slightly worried about the man, he supposed him being here had grown on him

"Boy's we'll be in the sitting room, when you're done come get us," Albus told casually as he ushered the Gryffindor out of the living room, Severus following behind them.

Harry turned to look at both of Neville and Draco in horror. "Somefing's wrong wiff Uncle Moony," he said softly, he was worried.

"Whose Uncle Moony?" Draco asked in confusion as he gave a shrug at Neville's own confused look.

~*~*~*Sitting Room~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Once they were in the sitting room, Albus ushered the other man to sit in a chair as he spelled the room, before turning his attention solely back to the man who seemed to be in a catatonic state. He wasn't sure what the hell had happened, they had only been speaking a moment before.

"Remus, what's the matter? What's happened?" Albus asked tightly.

The silently werewolf shook his head, pushing the thoughts away, as the haze cleared from his eyes and he gave his companions a confused look. When they get here? Hadn't they been in the kitchen with the boys? He sighed softly before he slumped in his chair heavily, he still didn't know the solution to his problem.

"Nothing, I was just thinking of something," Remus said quietly with a sigh.

"No that can't be it, I'm not sure mentally where you went Lupin, but you weren't in that kitchen with us. What were you thinking about?" Severus pressed tightly as he tapped his chin with his finger.

"Leave it alone Severus, just don't alright?" Remus said tightly as he turned away from the man.

Severus sneered in return as he could remember the last time the man had done this; he had hurt all three boys up there with his actions. "You'd better not be having third thoughts about Neville again," he warned out.

"I'm not, of course I'm not. I'm just at a loss what to do at the moment, he asked me about Padfoot and I wasn't fully aware that today was Christmas Eve, and tomorrow the holiday. I can't choose between them, and I understand why you would say no but I can't help but wish you would say yes. I don't want him to be alone this year," Remus said vaguely, his emotions all over as he tried to control the hurt and the betrayal he knew Sirius would feel if he kept Harry away from him. He had been living in small bubble this past week but he couldn't do it anymore.

"Who's going to be alone? You're not making any sense Lupin. For the love of Merlin, speak clearer Remus," Severus stated with a force calm knowing like before if he used ones given name it allowed them to focus on that as him using anyone's given name was rare unless you knew him.

Remus startled and looked at the man unseeingly for a moment before he sighed he needed to calm down. Maybe he had been too hasty, Severus was a rational individual sometimes, for all he knew this could work right?

"Sirius, I want him to be a part of this. He missed out so much on Harry's life, I just want all of us to have the Holiday we can remember," Remus said softly.

"Not in my Manor," Severus hissed out dangerously. He would not, could not allow that mutt to be here in his domain. He allowed Remus because it worked out, he could tolerate the man, he never actively participated in the bullying. While he watched and that was just as bad, he never tormented his dreams.

"Severus please, I see what Remus is trying to say. This would be beneficial for everyone for Harry to see that he has someone else he can call family. That he's not all alone in this world, you wouldn't want anyone to keep you from Draco, why are you trying to keep Sirius from Harry?" Albus added in, aware he was playing on the man's guilt, but it needed to be said.

"Albus that's not what I meant, I didn't mean for Sirius to come here," Remus burst in not wanting this to go the wrong way. He didn't want Severus to feel like he was being pushed out of his home.

"Where else would he stay? We're all here, it's time for Severus to let go of that petty and childish grudge he has against Sirius. It took him a long time to let go of the one he had for James Potter, but I know he can do it. It's not healthy nor it fair to Sirius or Harry.

Severus gritted his teeth, his finger coming to point at the man angrily. The betrayal was evident in those normally unrelenting dark eyes as he took in the man's words. What was he to Harry then? He couldn't even articulate at the moment, the emotions were too thick, and it had been a long while since he had felt hurt this potent and he hated it.

"That little petty grudge you're talking about, has made you a senile old fool. Have you forgotten that Black tried to kill me?" Severus bit out before he could control himself, he couldn't stop the clenching of his fists. He had never wanted hit the old man more then had in that moment. In that moment, Severus hated Albus Dumbledore.

"That wasn't his intention Severus you know that. He just wanted to scare you," Albus replied weakly not wanting to fight.

"There you go again, always defending the Gryffindors. This is why I'm so wary of leaving Draco in your care. Have you forgotten he's a lying, slimy snake? You're always preaching about forgiveness but you're nothing but a bloody hypocrite," Severus spat out before he turned on his heel. He needed to get out of here, before he cursed the man or really said something he would regret.

 Severus swallowed thickly as he walked out of the room, heading to his lab. He couldn't face the boys with this anger, without being empathetic he knew Harry and Draco both would also pick up on it and jump to the wrong conclusions. He could only imagine Neville's state if he saw them like this, it was better if he hid until he could control himself. He just needed a moment to himself, he just needed to think.

Remus watched the man go, his lips pinched in irritation as he turned to face the old man. He hadn't been aware, not consciously until that moment that was, how often the man used that against the Slytherin. It was like someone throwing up his werewolf status in his face constantly. Did Albus not even realize what he had said?

"I'm going to follow him, just stay with the boys Headmaster," Remus said tiredly before he rushed out of the room before the old man could say otherwise.

Albus sighed softly as he had seen the look that his Potion's Master had given him before he had left the room and he hated himself for being the one to say it. But he needed Severus to come to senses, it was unhealthy to keep that hate inside for so long.

Remus headed down to the lab, the potion's master just a few feet in front of him. He was thankful that the door wasn't warded and easily slipped in, his nose wrinkling at the smells but he brushed it off. He could see the back of his companion's head was bent over a desk, and his hands looked to be gripping the countertop quite tight. He didn't want to disturb the man but he wasn't going to go away so he might as well summon that Gryffindor courage for once in his life.

"Severus, are you alright?" Remus asked quietly from where he was by the door.

Severus's grip tightened if that was possible on the desk, he had been unaware that the wolf of all people had come after him. "Go back upstairs to the boys, they're going to be wondering where you are," he whispered out softly trying to keep his emotions where they were.

"Only if you come with me, they're going to be wondering about you as well. I know Harry in particular," Remus said lightly with a humorless chuckle.

"What does it matter? Black is going to take him away from me, you heard Albus I have no claim on that little boy. He's not my godson, he's not my anything," Severus bit out, his breath shuddering before he could control it.

"Not necessarily. Amelia Bones stated that Sirius couldn't gain custody of Harry right now, due to his Azkaban stay. And you forget Harry will be back to his 13-year old self soon enough. He will be old enough to choose who he wants to live with, he doesn't know Sirius, and while that's sad, he does know you. You have those guardianship papers in your desk drawer, you need to sign them now otherwise it's going to work against you in the long run," Remus told him firmly, his tone was kind but to the point.

"I waiting until Harry was back to his original age. I don't wish to trap him in this guardianship if he turns out not to want it," Severus admitted softly.

"I know but like I said signing it now gives you a distinct advantage and you need that. Harry will understand, and if I'm correct at reading the child he won't mind at all. He'll be elastic," Remus said fondly.

Severus's eyebrows rose from where he was bent over his desk, as he shook his head in disbelief. "Why are you telling me this? Black is your friend," he muttered out.

"He is, and so are you," Remus said simply as if the man should have known that too. "As it was, Albus shouldn't have said that, and what I meant was taken out of context," he muttered out.

"What did you mean?" Severus asked looking for a distraction from his emotions.

"Tomorrow; I wanted us all to head to Hogwarts as neutral ground where the boys could play and Sirius could come and visit with us. I never meant for you to think that he would come here. I may not have enough money to my name, but I do have my own space and I know what it means to me. And so I know what this manor means to you Severus. I would never hurt you like that," Remus told him sincerely.

"I don't understand you Remus," Severus said softly, as he ignored the stinging in the back of his eyes.

"Then don't, just go with it, and I meant what I said Severus. You opened up your home to me and gave me an amazing opportunity to know those three boys. You are indeed my friend, and I'm sorry if I've ever given you doubt that you weren't," Remus said kindheartedly.

 Remus smiled softly to himself, choosing not to comment on the small sniffling he heard coming from the other man. It was time that Severus realized he wasn't so alone anymore. Harry wasn't going to be the only new addition in the man's life, he would be here for him even if he didn't want him to be.

~*~*~*Kitchen~*~*~*~*

"Grandpa Albus, what's wong?" Draco asked in confusion. The old man had come back into the kitchen looking sad and he sat in his chair and didn't say anything for a while. He didn't even react when Draco tugged on his beard, it was like he didn't even feel it. As it was the old man was even talking to them right now, and he was worried a little bit.

"He's fine Dwaco, he put just foot in his mouth," Neville said with a frown as he finished his breakfast and stood up.

"Why would he do dat Neville?" Harry asked in confusion.

"It means he said somefing that he shouldn't haff said, he huwt somebody and now he's huwting himself," Neville said slowly, his words proper the way they always did we he was explaining something serious.

"Who did he huwt?" Draco asked softly.

"We're not ‘posed to know," Neville replied softly wishing with all his heart that he didn't know himself. He never thought that Severus as strong as he was could feel like that, and it took all he had not to burst into tears when he felt the man's pain.

"Do you fink we should get out the da way?" Harry asked quietly, interrupting his friend's train of thought.

"No, he would never hurt us. I just think we should go get our faces cleaned up and get our coats on," Neville told the small boy.

"Kay," Harry said easily as he rushed out of the room.

"Awe you coming Dwaco?" Neville asked softly.

"No I'm gonna stay wiff him," Draco said quietly as he climbed off of his chair and crawled into the old man's lap. He didn't feel the man's hand coming to hold him like he usually did, so Draco made sure to hug him as tight as he could so the old man could know that Draco still loved him, regardless of what he did.

~*~*~*Manor Hallway~*~*~*~*~*~

"Maybe we shouwd go upstaiws and pway," Harry said softly when it became apparent as they pulled on their winter things that no one was coming for them.

"No I think we should go outside, I want to show you how to build a snowman and a snow angel, and maybe my magic can enchant it," Neville said slyly.

"How?" Harry asked obviously intrigued.

"Gotta come out and see," Neville said with a giggle as he leaned over to help the other boy pull on his wellies.

Harry tugged his hat over his head and grinned. "Kay!"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

When Remus and Severus finally came upstairs, they were met with a quiet house to their utmost surprise. Each man looked at the other in confusion before both pulling out their wands as an afterthought.

"They might just be outside, you'd know if anyone flooed in or out," Remus reasoned, aware that thanks to the first war everyone was still on edge even in these peaceful times.

"Perhaps," Severus said with a slight shrug. He startled ever so slightly when the quiet was broken when the back door opened and in rushed a small blur. He noted in amusement how they shifted so their wands were behind them as to not scare the child as that's what it surely was.

"Wait! Time out, I need to go potty fiwst!" Harry called over his shoulder to his friends. The little boy stumbled over the rug in the hall and would have fallen hadn't Remus reached forward to catch him. He looked at the two men before a pout adorned his adorable face.

"Something the matter little one?" Severus asked with an amused smirk at the expression on his face.

"You we'we gone fowever, we had to keep Gwanpa Albus fwom wunning away. Dwaco had to sit on his lap for a wong time," Harry said with a huff, having been very disgruntled that the old man took a long time to play with them. This was supposed to be a special day and the man was so sad.

"Really? Why was he running away?" Remus asked slowly, as his eyes flickered to Severus in disbelief. He would have never figured that happening.

"Nebille said he said somefing he shouwdn't haff," Harry replied promptly.

"Oh did he now?" Severus said with a chuckle.

Harry nodded before he frowned again as he was reminded of something again, and gave them a worried look. "I gotta go potty now, pwease?" He asked them warily, hoping they wouldn't think he was being rude and tell him not to go. Had he been back at his relative's house, he would have been stuck in his cupboard for even asking to use it.

"Of course cub, go on. Don't let us stop you," Remus told him quickly not wanting to hold the child up and risk and accident happening. He watched with a bemused expression as the little boy continued down the hall, disappearing into a room a moment later. He turned to Severus before he put his wand back in his holster and sighed.

"We should probably head outside, how long were we even gone for?" Severus asked quietly, as he cocked his head to the side. He just wanted to make sure that his godson didn't need him.

Remus preformed the tempus charm before shaking his head in disbelief, he hadn't thought it would be that long but apparently they had been gone for two hours. "I guess we lost track of a lot of time down there," he said weakly as he turned to look at the Slytherin.

"I'll say," Severus said in the same tone, he couldn't believe it himself. He opened to his mouth to say something else, when he picked up a small thump from the down the hall.

"I need hewp!" Harry called out anxiously knowing that the men were probably still out in the hall. He knew they hovered and he liked that about them. As it was, there wasn't a step stool in this bathroom and the toilet wasn't small like theirs was upstairs and he needed some help before he embarrassed himself.

 "Here I come Harry," Severus called back immediately. "I'll meet you outside," Severus told him already making his way down the hall. He knew leaving little boys to wait, often ended up with an accident and it was way too early for tears.

Remus nodded easily before he headed out the door to see how his cubs were faring outside with Albus.

~*~*~*Later on that night~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Severus gently kissed the soft, damp, raven haired head of the little boy who was currently sitting on his lap. The day had been fun, and tiring to say the least and the Potion's Master was very grateful that the bath had calmed the three little terrors down. The day despite starting out like it had had been just as happy and productive as Severus had initially thought it would be.

They had a various snowball fights over the course of the day, he helped Harry make his first snow angel and then he enchanted their snowmen's to make them sing and dance. He smiled fondly, thankful that Albus had managed to get all of that on camera. He couldn't wait to see when the pictures developed, he would keep them always. He never wanted to forget this moment, he never wanted the day to even end.

Currently they had just finished giving all three of the boys their baths and now they were all piled on the enlarged sofa in what he liked to call his ‘muggle room'. This room was warded against all my magic so it wouldn't mess with the items in it. He had a Television set in here, and they were about to start watching a Christmas shows, or movies. He remembered watching them as a kid, before his dad became an alcoholic and even with Lily and her family.

 He wanted to share this with Harry and Neville and Draco especially. If nothing else, he wanted them to remember this day. He wanted them to remember that he loved all of them and that he wanted them. Severus watched in amusement as Remus showed Albus how to work the muggle remote.

"Before we watch anything, I think we should allow the boys to open one gift tonight," Severus stated slowly.

Harry gasped happily as he looked up at the man, awe shining in his eyes. "Weally?" He asked softly even as he could hear his friends echoing his sentiment.

"Are you sure that's wise Severus?" Albus stated quietly, unsure of himself for the first time in a long time. They had managed to get through the day without the little boys noticing anything but he knew there was some underlying tension between all three of them. He knew once the children went to sleep that they would be talking it out. He didn't want to be at odds, and he knew that he himself needed to apologize if nothing else came from it.

"I do, I always enjoyed opening one gift on Christmas Eve, and I wish to share that tradition with them," Severus replied easily.

"What present do we get to open?" Draco asked excitedly.

"It's up to you," Severus told him honestly. He kept quiet on the fact that most of their presents were shrunken and put away. The ones underneath the tree were from the boys to each other and a couple that he hadn't be able to resist.

"Gweat, lets check it out then!" Neville stated ecstatically, acting his age for once. He slid down from Remus's lap and hurried out the room with Draco and Harry on his tail.

"I didn't see that coming," Severus said in amusement as they all followed after the boys.

"Me either," Remus remarked dryly as they headed for the sitting room, where the tree was set up.

Harry was sitting next to both Draco and Neville, smiling brightly as they each shook their gifts. Once he saw the men he smiled brightly. "Can we open dem now?" He asked hopefully.

"Just those ones, and yes you can," Severus replied easily as he grabbed the camera from the mantle and set it on its timer for nonstop pictures for the moment.

Harry ripped into his present, a part of him feeling like he should have carefully unwrapped it but he didn't want too. He gasped loudly as he opened the gift before he hugged the box to his chest happily. He had seen this at the muggle store when he and Severus had gotten Neville's gift. He hadn't given any inclination that he wanted it so how did the potion's master know that he did.

"What did you get Hawwy?" Draco asked curiously, he couldn't see what the raven hair boy had gotten as he was hugging it to his chest.

"It's a Woody and a Buzz Lightyear set," Harry responded happily as he jumped up and down before running to hug the potion's master tightly. "Fank you!"

Severus hugged the child back tightly in response before he replied.  "You are so very welcome Harry,"

"How did you know I wanted dis?" Harry asked softly.

"I saw the way you looked at it, so I knew I had to get it for you," Severus told him honestly as he kissed his hair softly.

"What does the toy do Harry?" Neville asked curiously.

"The Woody one is a shewiff and he tawks if you pull on his stwing in the back. And da Buzz Wightyear one has wings and he tawks if you pwess his buttons," he told them eagerly as the dark haired man opened the box so he could demonstrate what he had said. He had to admit the toy was even cooler then what he had thought.

Draco stared at the raven haired boy and the toy with envy, unable to help himself. He had never seen any toy like that before so he knew it was probably a muggle toy. That being said it looked really cool and he wished that he had gotten it instead of Harry. He hated the other boy in that moment, wishing that he wasn't here.

 If he hadn't of been here, then that toy would have been his. He sighed softly as he looked at his gift, it was a My first potion's set, and while a part of him loved it the rest of him wished that he could have what Harry had. He shook his head before his little eyes narrowed, Harry was ruining everything. He ignored the look he could feel from Neville; he was so tired of them being here. He frowns before he makes his way to Grandpa Albus and snuggles up to the man as they head back to the muggle room.

"What did you get Neville?" Harry asked eagerly as he looked brightly at his friends, unaware of the turmoil that Draco was going through.

"I got this gweat Gardening Kit, I had no idea dey even sold these! I can't wait to twy it out!" Neville said happily as he hugged it tightly to his chest.

"We can set aside some time tomorrow I promise," Severus told them as they all piled back on the sofa.

"I can't wait," Neville whispered out happily.

~*~*2 hours later~*~*~*~*~*~*

Severus made the executive decision to put the boys to bed soon after How the Grinch Stole Christmas went off. The little boys were all in various stages of dozing but he still wanted to go through their bedtime routine. He had come to rely on them as much as they did. And so after the end of the movie he clicked off the T.V. and carried Harry upstairs to their room knowing that Remus and Albus were following after him. He laid the tiny tot in his bed and tucked him in happily.

"Harry, buddy before you go to sleep I want to ask you something important," Severus told him softly as he carded his hand through the soft locks of the child.

Harry smiled sleepily as he looked at the man. "What did you wanna ask?"

"What are you grateful for?" Severus asked kindly.

Harry beamed at the man despite his tiredness, he loved answering questions for the man. "You, I'm so happy dat you took Hawwy in. I love it hewe and I never evew wanna leave you," he told the man firmly as he sat up to hug the man tightly..

"I'm grateful for you too buddy, and I will try to my best to make sure that you stay here as long as you want," Severus said softly unable to speak any louder than that as he feared that his voice would crack with all the emotions that he was currently feeling.

"I Love you daddy," Harry said happily as he laid back down with a sigh. He knew he would have good dreams tonight, how could he not?

Severus smiled thankfully before he headed over to his godson's bed, he could see Albus making his way to Neville and Remus making his way to Harry. He couldn't ask for anything better.

Remus kissed the top of the child's forehead happily. "Have nothing but sweet dreams cub," he told the child fondly.

"Kay, I love you too Uncle Moony," Harry said with a tired sigh.

Remus choked softly, he hadn't known Harry remembered or if he ever would. There was nothing left to say as he hugged the tot as tight as he could, the child didn't even know how much that meant to him.

Meanwhile Severus was running into an issue with Draco, just across the room. He had thought that this little blip that he was currently dealing with wasn't going to come up, but he had been proven wrong. He could hear the jealously coming from his godson and he had no clue on what brought it on. He sighed softly as he gently pulled the child off of his hair.

"What did you say you were grateful for Draco?" Severus repeated calmly, wondering if he had heard wrong, he just wanted the child to repeat.

" I'm gwateful that you awe my godfather and no one else's," Was his simple but very honest answer.

Severus sighs softly, unsure of how to take that, and honestly just wants to nip this in the bud. It's way too late for this, for anyone to be feeling this way. "Of course you're my only godson," he replied carefully. "What brought this one Dragon? This isn't like you," he added.

Draco sniffled out sadly as he climbed into the man's lap. He just wanted to be close to his godfather. "I never see you anymowe and I know you like Hawwy and Nebille more den me," he mumbled out sadly.

Severus nods as the child lets loose his feelings, surprised but at the same time not. He had been wondering when this jealous would rear its head and here it was.

"Draco you have nothing to worry about, no one in this entire world can ever replace you," Severus promised him tightly. He needed to nip this quickly, Draco may be his godson but Harry was going to be his son that was different.

Unbeknownst to the two Slytherins, there was a small little Gryffindor who was listening in on their conversation. It was instinct for him to listen as that's how he gained information and that's how he knew what his Uncle or Aunt constantly planned for him. Harry couldn't stop the small tendril of doubt and hurt that started to grow in his heart at the man's words, but what could he say?

 When Grandpa Albus came round to him he closed his eyes and calmed his breathing so it looked like he was asleep. He didn't want to talk to anyone right now, he didn't want to be here. He didn't want to stay here if Draco didn't want him here. He didn't want to take away something from the boy, he didn't ever want to do that. He wasn't sure how long it was, but finally the men leave the room, and Harry has to try hard to keep his tears at bay. He didn't mean to make Draco feel like he was taking his place. The little Gryffindor sat up in bed suddenly as he saw the blonde haired tot making his way over to him.

"Dwaco, I sowwy," Harry stated tearfully.

Draco sniffed snootily as he glared angrily at the black-haired boy in disbelief. "I wish dat Uncle Sebbus had never ever bwinged you here. I wish he kept you back with Aunt Poppy.  I wish you'd go away, because I know that you're twying to steal Uncle Sebbus from me," Draco told him angrily.

Harry couldn't do much but stare in horror, where was he supposed to go? He gulped tearfully turning to look at Neville's bed knowing that the older boy would help him only to see that he wasn't even in the room. Where had he gone? Harry sniffles sadly but doesn't argue, knowing in his heart that Draco is right.

He always knew this day would come he just didn't think it would be the day before Christmas. He keeps his tears silent, used to crying this way at the Durselys. He turned away from the blonde boy and buried his face into his pillow ignoring the cheerful goodnights coming from Draco and Neville. How hadn't he known?

The little boy knows what he has to do, he doesn't want too but he doesn't want to be a burden to anyone else. Now that he knew magic, he knew if he could find another wizard like Moony he would be alright. He just needed to get out of the house. He nods to himself, when everyone is asleep he will make his move, Draco wants him gone, he'll get his Christmas wish!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

As the men head downstairs Severus stumbled only slightly on the steps before he remembered something.

"Albus, if you could please help me with this magical barrier? I don't want Harry cooking for us on Christmas Day," Severus requested.

"Of course Severus," Albus replied easily as he reinforced the man's spell with his own magic before they continued on downstairs.

"I'll get some tea, and then we can have our talk," Remus said as he snapped his fingers for a house elf as Severus spelled the room.

~*~*~*Around 2am in the morning~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Despite his best efforts Harry found himself falling asleep, thanks to his full day of excitement but luckily he found himself waking up from a feeling in his tummy. He was just coming back from going potty before realizing that he still had time to put his plan into action. A glance around the room and he saw not to mention that he can also hear the other boys sleeping.

Harry sniffled sadly before he tugged on his shoes and his jacket before grabbing a small pack. After packing his stuffy, and his new Woody and buzz doll he looks back at the two sleeping boys before he sniffled yet again before making his way out of the room. He didn't want to do this, but he knew he had no choice.

 Harry attempts to head down the stairs, the way he usually does but he finds to his shock and disbelief that he can't bypass Severus's magic. What was going on? He doesn't know it's because Grandpa Albus had helped him. Feeling slightly disgruntled he heads down the hall another way, feeling awful and even more so as it's so dark he can barely see anything. He isn't even aware that it's snowing until he finds a secret hideaway that'll lead him outside.

He treks outside and it's all he can do not to run back inside. It's a snowstorm and it's so cold and he wished that he had be able to grab his boots. The little boy hugged his arms tightly as he attempts to walk through the snow ignoring as much as he can the wetness seeping into his tennis shoes. He can barely walk in, as it's nearly waist high and giving him some trouble.

He stifles a yelp as he finds himself falling face first into the snow, the coldness seeping into his clothes. He starts to cry in earnest now, he just wanted to be warm and safe! Harry knows he should get up, but he's crying too hard to even attempt it so he stays where he is, lying on the cold, hard ground.

~&~&~&~Boy's Room 3am in the morning~&~&~&~

Unaware to Harry, Neville suddenly wakes up with a frightened gasp, unsure of what the heck is going on as he tries to calm his heart down. His bed has been spelled against the other boy's emotions but he knows immediately something isn't right. It feels wrong in the room; it feels like something is missing. He jumped out of bed and hurries first over to Draco's bed to find the blonde Slytherin still sleeping. Blowing out a sigh of relief he went to make sure Harry was still doing okay only to gasp even louder than he had before.

This explains the wrongness, and the horror he currently is feeling. He presses his hand to the bed, feeling how cool the bed is, so he knows that Harry has been gone a while then. The little Empath runs back over to Draco's bed and shakes the blonde boy anxiously.

"Get up Dwaco, Harry's gone!" Neville stated frantically as he tried to wake the other boy up.

Draco's eyes flicked open at the boy's word, even in his sleep he had heard it. But he wasn't totally sure what was going on. "What do you mean gone? Maybe he's in da baffroom?"

"No his stuffy is gone and his pack and jacket and his shoes. He's wun away, why would he do that?" Neville replied in horror as he looked over the other boy's area, they needed to get help. The grownups had to know about it!

Draco gasped then as he was reminded almost forcefully on just why Harry was gone. He gulped tearfully, the guilt ripping straight through him as his emotion's hit him full force. He had wanted this hadn't he? If he had, then why was he feeling this kind of way?

Neville had been heading towards the door when he felt it, Draco's emotion's so raw, they brought him to his knees before he brought up his small mind shields to block it out. "What did you do?" He hissed out dangerously as he stared at the other boy incredulity. He stood back up, torn between going back to Draco or heading out of the room.

"I just told him da twuth," Draco replied bravely, even though he knew he wasn't feeling that emotion. He was feeling hurt and lost and so very scared, what if something had happened to Harry? This would be all his fault.

"No you didn't, you lied to him, how could you do something like that? You're a jealous little prat Dwaco and if we don't find Harry I'm never going to talk to you again," Neville retorted angrily before he ran out of the room intent on finding Severus.

He wasn't sure which room belong to the Potion's Master but he did know Uncle Remus's room. He found for once in his life that he couldn't be bothered to do the sensible thing and instead stood in the middle of the room and screamed as loud as he possibly could. He didn't mean for his magic respond as well but it did and he was grateful for it when he could hear three different footfalls coming his way before 3 doors opened.

"What's the matter? What happened?" Severus was saying as he ran towards the child in the hall, absently spelling the hallway.

"Who's hurt, is someone having a nightmare again?" Remus was asking as he looked around.

"Where's Draco and Harry, Neville?" Albus asked when he realized that the other two boys were nowhere to be found.

"Dwaco is in the room and he could stay there for all I care, it's his fault that Harry ran away," Neville replied bitingly.

Severus had been ready to admonish him before he caught the child's words and his heart stopped for a minute before it restarted but double time. "How long has he been gone?"

"Awhile, his bed is cold. I woke up like 10 minutes ago and he wasn't there. But I felt Draco and he's a jealous prat. He had no right saying that to Harry," Neville said angrily.

"I've no doubt, we'll discuss this when we come back, Albus you stay with Draco," Remus replied quickly as he headed towards the steps.

"He couldn't have gone that way; the barrier is too strong. He went another way," Severus said as he performed a point me spell.

"Wait a minute," Remus said before he as he waved his hand as his face canceling the charm that muted his sense of smell. He took a deep breath before he took off running down the hall.

Severus usually hated anything that reminded him that the other man was a werewolf except for in that moment. He was grateful for the man's nose as his spell wasn't going as well as it could.

"I'm coming too," Neville said seriously as he reached up for the man to carry him.

Not willing to take time to argue, Severus picked the child up and ran after the wolf, knowing that if Harry had somehow managed to make his way outside that it could go both ways. He hoped it would be alright, and that the child hadn't been outside for long, he didn't want to find out that his child had frozen to death, how would he survive now?

"He'll be okay," Neville replied softly, hoping with all his heart that it would be the truth.

"I hope so buddy, I really do," Severus said as they went lower and lower into his manor. 

Chapter End Notes:
Hope you liked it