Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
Hey, thanks for sticking with me on this long ride. This is finally the end, I had no excuse not to finish it, social distancing and all. Enjoy it, it’s not as long as I would have liked it, but it’s closure and the emotions are there and that’s what matters. Stay Safe everyone!
Chapter 20

Neville winced as the door shut loudly behind him and Draco, he honestly hoped that Uncle Severus would be okay. Merlin, he hoped the man didn’t ground him after that, he had basically scolded the man in his own home. He shook his head, as he let go of Draco’s hand, the blonde had been unnaturally quiet since briefly speaking with the old man. He shook his head, they could fix whatever that was later, right now they needed to focus on Harry. 

 

“Harry? Stop screaming, we haven’t left you,” Neville called out loudly as he carefully made his way towards his brother’s bed. 

 

“You did so, I woke up alone,” Harry said out a little stubbornly, finding his Gryffindor courage. 

 

“We all woke up alone Potter,” Draco said with a sigh, speaking for the first time to the Gryffindor boy.

 

“If you’re going to call me that, you can leave, because that’s not the Draco I like nor want in this room with me,” Harry said out quickly.

 

“I told you,” Neville said out honestly as he gave the Slytherin a look. 

 

“Sorry, it’s going to take some getting used too, I have two sets of memories I’m working through,” Draco said out dryly before he slumped down on Harry’s bed. 

 

“Join the club, my memories are all jumbled up,” Harry said with a dejected sigh. “It’s why my magic threw Severus out of the room. When he came in to check on me, I was confused. I knew in one instance this was my new father, but in another memory, this was the man who hated my guts and made my life hell,” he explained out.

 

“You don’t need to explain to me, imagine getting two of sets of memories, while you were still small. I had no idea what what was true and what wasn’t,” Neville said in sympathy.

 

“Yeah, you’ve got the worst deal there Neville,” Draco said with a grimace. 

 

“In some ways I would agree, but I’ve had the week to come to grips with it, this is my new normal, and that’s okay,” Neville said out softly. “I never though that I would be grateful for my awful skill with potions, I had know idea that it would change my life for the better,”

 

“I know the feeling, As much as I was scared of Severus when he suddenly came into the room, all I could think about was, I hope I didn’t hurt him. I can’t imagine him going back to treating us all the way he used to be. Except maybe you Draco, you were his first godson,” Harry said out honestly.

 

“As Severus has told me repeatedly over the last few weeks, I’m his godson, but you Harry are his son,” Draco said out easily. 

 

The jealously was long gone, now that he was older he was able to appreciate the relationship that the Headmaster had given him. He had gain a proper grandfather who didn’t even care what his last name was. The man didn’t expect him to be something he wasn’t. A father figure who loved him for who he was, and wasn’t trying to change him. He couldn’t say the same about his actual father. 

 

The blonde Slytherin couldn’t explain the sudden urge to break out into tears at how happy that thought made him feel. Draco couldn’t explain just what he was feeling but now that he saw that Harry was fine, he needed to speak to his grandfather. He needed the man to know that everything was okay, that nothing had changed. 

 

That his feelings were still there and stronger then ever. He didn’t want the old man to have any doubt in his mind, that Draco loved him. And love him he did, he loved him so strongly, he was sure it was stronger then the love he had for his Lucius. With his epiphany realized, Draco cleared his suddenly clogged throat, to look at his two brothers in all but blood.

 

 “Grandpa Albus needs me, and I need him,” Draco whispered out, unable to speak any louder for fear that he would burst into tears. He had never felt a love like this before and he would do anything to protect it all costs.

 

“I know,” Neville replied out softly.  He could feel Draco’s strong emotions and he was trying his absolute hardest not to cry in joy with him. “Go, Harry’s fine,” he added out, just in case that was the one thing holding Draco back.

 

Draco took a deep breath, and then another, finding himself choking back tears. “You have given me the greatest gift of my entire life Neville, I don’t know how I’m ever going to repay you,” he said out tearfully. 

 

“No payment needed, especially because this was all an amazingly crazy accident,” Neville said out truthfully his own eyes shining brightly in tears. He was just glad that everything had worked out perfectly. 

 

Draco grinned beautifully, his own grey eyes filled with tears before he turned and ran out of the room. 

 

Severus was surprised to see the door to the boy’s room bang wide open, and Draco come flying out of it. He briefly saw tears rolling down his godson’s face, and for a moment he wondered if Harry had rejected the blonde Slytherin.  But his worries were for naught as he watched his blonde godson bodily throw himself at the old man. And like the old man had done numerous time when Draco was smaller, he easily caught him and held him to his chest. 

 

“Grandpa,” Draco gasped out before he finally broke down into noisy tears.

 

“Excuse us Severus,” Albus said out absently as he turned and headed towards another bedroom. The old man was only focused on the child in his arms, his instincts screaming to comfort him as he had often done in the past. 

 

Severus watched with a fond smile as Draco and Albus disappeared from sight. He walked forward and stuck his head into the partially opened door that Draco had come running out of. “May I come in?” He asked out, giving Harry the option to say no. He didn’t want to force his presence on the child if he was still working through his memories. 

 

“Yes, you can come in,” Harry said out easily. He had been quiet as he listened to Draco and Neville talk. He was glad that Draco had finally come into his feelings about the Headmaster, even as a kid he could see the connection the two of them had. It was kind of like the one between him and Severus.

 

Severus walked into the room slowly, choosing to take the chair from the desk and move it towards the bed, rather then sit on it. He was still practicing boundaries after all, not to mention very curious on how they had managed to get Draco to realize his feelings in regards to Albus. 

 

“Draco had an epiphany while we were talking about you, he said something about me being your son and then he got quiet after. Next thing I know he was in tears,” Harry explained out honestly. 

 

“That’s good he needed to understand his own feelings first. And he’s right, you are my son,” Severus said out softly. He didn’t want to admit it but, he knew there was a chance that Harry would reject him after everything had happened. Maybe his older memories proved to be too much for him, it was a very sobering thought. 

 

“I know,” Harry said out quietly. He was happy that Neville was giving him silent support, as he knew that Severus and him needed to have this talk. 

 

“What do you think about that? Be honest, you don’t have to spare my feelings,” Severus said out quietly.

 

“I think it’s great, I remember everything of this past month that you did for us and for me. I know you were harsh before, but I think it’s cause you had been hurt and you weren’t looking at me for me,” Harry said out slowly. He had come to grips with this a long time, and he knew that Severus had been seeing James whenever he looked at him. It was inexcusable but understandable and forgivable. He loved Severus after all. 

 

“You have no idea, how much I regret treating you that way,” Severus said out sincerely. 

 

“I have a hunch, I’ve got a god brother who can feel other people’s emotions and he’s a good judge of character,” Harry said with a grin. 

 

Neville giggled because he knew that Harry was clearly talking about him. 

 

“I’m so proud of you Neville, you are an amazing wizard, don’t ever let anyone tell you otherwise,” Severus said out seriously as he held one arm out of him. 

 

“I won’t Uncle Severus,” Neville told the man seriously as he ran into his godfather’s arms and hugged the man tight. They were going to be okay, everything was the way it should have been in the first place. 

 

“I’m glad that you were able to let me in after your abusive relatives,” Severus said out truthfully as he turned to look at back at Harry.

 

“Me too,” Harry said out happily. “And that means that I get to live here forever, right?” He added out shyly. 

 

“Forever,” Severus said out softly, opening his arms as his son dove into his arms. 

 

He hugged both of his boys in his arms tightly,  unable to believe how much better his life had gotten since that incident in his class.  He never thought that he would be grateful for a freak Potion’s accident that had ruined his 13 year record for no accidents in the classroom. But he had no regrets, because of it he had gained two incredibly sweet little boys, and he wouldn’t change that for nothing. 

 

Harry grinned in the hug, agreeing silently with his god brother. Draco was right, Neville had truly given them all the greatest gifts of their entire lives; a Family. 

 

The End.
Chapter End Notes:
That’s a wrap