Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Chapter 8

Arthur and Severus walked out of the dilapidated house. Severus had cast a feather weight charm on Harry and was now cradling the child, with his coat wrapped around him, against his chest. Arthur knew that Severus spied for the Light, but he never knew how good Severus was at what he did. Arthur witnessed first hand how convincing Severus could be. He thought back to the conversation they had with the large man in the room. The things that Severus said. The way the other man's eyes just lit behind them. Severus was truly convincing.

Arthur had a new level of respect for the Potions Master. When he first met Snape, Arthur didn't truly trust him. Severus had already been a Death Eater, and he was for a while when Arthur and he had first met. Albus was adamant that Severus could be trusted. Maybe he did let everyone know about the attempts on the Longbottoms and Potters, but there was just that small bit of doubt that he was giving Voldemort information as well. That he wasn't totally on the Light's side.

Once they were outside, Arthur and Severus walked to the alleyway, making sure that no one was around they apparted away. They landed at the edge of the Burrow. Arthur began walking, but Severus didn't move. After a few steps Arthur noticed that he was alone and turned around.

“Is everything alright, Severus?”

Severus looked at Arthur and then back down at the child in his arms.

“I think I'm going to take him back to Prince Manor. Inform Molly that's where I'll be. He will recuperate there.”

“Severus, I think...”

“I don't think Harry needs everyone in his face right now.” Severus cut Arthur off. What Arthur didn't know was that the mention of everyone in his face, Harry's arms tightened around the Potions master's neck. “Once he's ready to see everyone, then I will lift the wards and allow you through.”

“Severus,” Arthur pleaded, walking back over towards the man. “You can't handle Harry's injuries on your own.”

“I won't,” Severus said with finality. “Once I'm back home, I will fire-call Poppy. She will be able to come over.”

“Severus,” Arthur started, but was again cut off by the sudden popping sound of Severus apparating away with Harry still in his arms. Arthur stood in the yard for a few seconds and walked back into his house.

“Where is Harry?” Molly asked once Arthur walked into the house.

Molly was the only one still in the living room.

“Where is everyone?” Arthur asked instead of answering.

“I sent Hermione back home. The children are in the bed. I just came from checking on them,” Molly informed him as she walked over toward her husband.

Getting closer to Arthur, Molly noticed the pale look to her husband's face.

“Arthur,” Molly's voice was much softer. “Where's Severus? Did you find Harry?”

Arthur closed his eyes and wrapped his wife in his arms. Molly could feel the tense muscles in Arthur's body. Arthur leaned down and kissed Molly on the forehead.

“We found Harry,” Arthur finally said after a few moments. “He's with Severus. And right now, that's where he will stay. No arguments,” he quickly said when he could see it in Molly's eyes to protest.

“What happened?” Molly's voice was no louder than a whisper.

Arthur tightened the hold he had on his wife and then told her everything that happened since he and Severus left the Burrow until they returned. Muffled sobs could be heard in the room, as Arthur held his wife, cradling her head in his left hand against his shoulder, as his right arm tightened around her shoulders. Silent tears streamed down Arthur's face as he held his sobbing wife.

_____00000_______0000_____0000_____0000______0000____

Severus apparated into his pallor. He walked over towards the sofa so that he could lower Harry on it. When Harry noticed the changing position, he began whimpering in Severus' neck, tightening his hold. Severus, after finding Harry in the state he was in on that bed, really didn't have the heart to pry the child off of him. He sat down on the sofa, letting the child sit between his spread knees as to not aggravate any injuries that he had. They sat there for a few moments.

“Harry,” Severus said. His voice was low, almost whispering. “I need to see to your injuries. I must fire-call Madam Pomfrey so that she can look over you.”

Harry shook his head and mumbled something in Severus' neck.

Not aware that he was slightly rocking the boy in his arms, Severus tightened his hold on the boy.

“Say it again, Harry,” Severus soothed. “I couldn't understand you.”

Harry, not wanting to give up the warmth or darkness of where he was, slightly turned his head.

“Please, don't leave me.”

“Never, Harry,” Severus said. “But I can't get Pomfrey here if I'm holding you.” Severus felt the shiver that racked the child's body. “I will be right here,” Severus promised.

Severus felt the arms around his neck loosen. He pulled back a little and looked into the boy's face. Harry's face was red and blotchy. His tear washed emerald eyes were dull, almost lifeless. This was not the child he seen in his Potions classroom for the past five years. Harry had faced a troll, the Dark Lord thrice, a dragon, a werewolf, and Sirius Black to name a few. The child even had the audacity to hex him, be disrespectful to him, showing nothing but cheek. But there was none of that in the boy on his lap now. Harry was a broken child from whatever horror he faced for the past two weeks.

Severus silently accio'ed two heavy blankets. Severus brought Harry back to his chest, and while still having the featherweight charm on him, Severus stood back up and one-handed spread one of the blankets on the couch then laid the child down on the couch. Unlike just a few moments ago, Harry released Severus' shoulders. With the other blanket, Severus wrapped Harry, tucking both blankets around the child.

Harry let out a sigh when Snape wrapped the warm blankets around him. After wrapping the blankets around Harry's feet, he cast a warming charm on the blankets.

“Professor.” Harry's voice was hoarse from disuse. Severus made no acknowledgment that he heard him, so Harry swallowed and called out again. This time there was a little more volume behind the name. “Professor.” Though still no louder than a harsh whisper, but Severus heard him none the less.

Sitting down on the edge of the sofa next to Harry, Severus looked at the child.

“Thank you.”

“I'll be back, Harry. I need to call Poppy.”

Harry nodded and closed his eyes. Severus looked down at the boy for a moment before getting off the sofa and walking to the fireplace.

______0000________0000______0000_______________0000____

Poppy sat in her chair. She had been home for about two days now. Minerva was back at her home. She was released three days ago and she and Albus were taking a restful holiday in Italy. Albus promised to watch over Minerva while she recuperated before the new school year.

Poppy was relaxing in her chair when her fireplace lit up green.

“Poppy.”

Poppy turned and saw that Severus' head was in the fire.

“Ah, Severus,” Poppy said, walking towards the fire. “I haven't been able to get a list of which potions I'll need for the next school year.”

“I'm not here for the list,” Severus said. “I need you to come over.”

Poppy's brow creased. “Severus, what's wrong?”

“It's Potter.”

Severus' head withdrew from the fire, but the flames were still green to allow Poppy to come through to where Severus was. Poppy stood up, went to retrieve her wand from the side table where she was sitting and walked through the green flames. Stepping through, Poppy was met by Severus, who was still standing by the fireplace.

Seeing the concern on Severus' face, Poppy asked, “What's happened?”

“Potter had been missing for a little over two weeks.”

“Two weeks? They haven't been out of school that long. He was on the train, wasn't he?”

Severus raised his hand to the medi-witch to stop her questioning. He then explained what happened.

“Potter was on the train, but he was kidnapped while at Kings Cross Station.”

“Oh, Merlin,” Poppy gasped, bringing her hand up over her mouth.

“He's here,” Severus quickly said. “Arthur Weasley and I recovered him, and I brought him here.”

“Where is he?”

Severus escorted Poppy to the sofa where Harry was asleep.

“Oh my,” Poppy gasped. “Where was he? Who took him?” She was already pulling out her wand and casting a diagnostic charm over the child.

A parchment materialized in front of the medi-witch and potions master. Even though Severus knew what some of the aliments would be, he was still just as shocked to see the list as Poppy was.

Harry James Potter

July 31, 1980

Sexually assaulted, repeatedly

Malnourished

Underweight

After talking with the man that held Harry, Severus knew that Harry was raped, but seeing it written on paper just confirmed it all the more. That bastard did more damage to the child than the Dark Lord. A part of Severus wanted to go back and do more damage to that bastard if he wasn't already dead.

Before Arthur and Severus left with Harry, Severus had gotten up from the ratty bed and walked over to the limp, hump of flesh that laid half way in the wall. Severus' eyes narrowed as he surveyed the lifeless body. He had never taken a life before. He never attended all the raids and attacks that happened when he was a Death Eater. His services were into making potions for the Dark Lord. Severus had no harsh regrets towards the vile chunk of flesh that now laid still in front of him. His disgust for the man, and he used that term loosely, only increased the more he talked. Harry calling for Severus got him out of his thoughts and focused back on the child. Now, Severus and Poppy looked down at the sleeping child.

_____00000__________00000__________00000________________0000__

Harry woke up with a start. He didn't know where he was. Looking around, he noticed that he was no longer in that room anymore. Out of habit, Harry flexed his fingers only to realize that they were trapped, encased within a warm blanket. Lifting his head a little, he saw that his whole body was wrapped in said blanket. Noticing that he was laying on a sofa and not a bed, Harry laid his head back down. He started to remember what happened. He remembered seeing the bastard talking to someone, then there was a flash of light and he was flying fast towards the wall. Harry could remember the sickening thudding sound when flesh hit that wall. Then he remembered his saviors, both of them. He was never so happy than he was when he saw them.

Footsteps brought Harry out of his thoughts. He automatically started tensing up as the footfalls got progressively louder and louder. A slight whimper escaped Harry's lips as the footfalls became louder.

“Oh, you're awake.” A baritone voice said.

The first thing that Harry noticed was that it wasn't the bastard's gravely voice. A sigh of relief came when Harry saw the black blur coming towards him.

“Professor,” Harry hoarsely whispered.

“Harry,” Severus said, sitting down on the edge of the sofa next to Harry. “We couldn't find your glasses where you were.” He placed a warm flannel across the boy's eyes. “Because of how bad your vision is, let this stay over your eyes to rest them.”

The warm flannel was soothing over his tired eyes. Harry felt himself drifting off to sleep again. But he didn't want to sleep. Not yet. He had a question that he wanted to ask.

“Professor.” Harry wanted to reach out to the man, but the blanket kept him successfully bundled up. Something that he didn't mind since he was partially naked for two weeks. Harry welcomed the comforting warmth. “How did you find me?”

“I want you to rest, now,” Severus said. “You need to rest your voice and your eyes.”

“Please, Professor,” Harry pleaded.

“We tracked down the man that took you.”

“How?”

“Harry, we will talk after you've rested and eaten.” Severus placed his hand on Harry's chest.

The slight weight was calming to Harry. So much so that his breathing evened out and he surrendered to the sleep he was trying to avoid in order to ask questions.

“I'm so sorry, Harry,” Severus whispered. His hand still on the child's chest. “I'm so sorry.”