Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Printer The print whole story view may not work for longer stories.
[Reviews - 6] starstarstarstar
Summary: Let's just get this out of the way: Harry is a girl. And Ron is a girl. And Hermione is a boy. And Dumbledore is a girl. And Snape is a girl. And Draco is a girl. And, WTF, Voldemort is a girl. The author plays all of this straight. (Not, like, straight vs. gay. In those terms, the author plays all of this gen.)

Takes Place: 1st Year Chapters: 6
Snape flavour: Snape is Stern Completed: No
Categories: Teacher Snape > Professor Snape Genres: General
Tags: Alternate Universe, Girl!Harry, Slytherin!Harry Word count: 22031
Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Dumbledore, Ron Read: 8349
Rated: T
Warnings: Profanity
Series: None
Challenges: None
Published: 08 Sep 2016 - Updated: 17 Jul 2017
Awards:
Story Notes:
There are two tropes that I find myself reading over and over again: Person p is sorted into House h; and girl!Harry. In most of these stories, the author seems unwilling to really commit to the genre. What the fandom has been missing is someone stupid enough to try. [bows deeply]

Also, I was sick of my fics accidentally failing the Bechdel test. And so...I'm trying a thing.

1. There are suddenly, like, no dudes in this story. Weird. The chick roles in HP never seemed so thin as when they're changed over to dude roles.

2. I don't want to sound too 1950s American housewife, but...girls are different from boys. Changing the gender necessarily changes the tone, and the way people are treated, and the choices people make, and the way you, dear reader, see these people. It's...weird to me, even, and I'm writing it.

3. But most of all, I don't want this to sound like a project that I'm doing for my women's studies minor. NOTE: I don't have a women's studies minor. It's true that back in '96, I took some classes, but seriously, I'm just...trying a thing here, I swear.

4. This story is unfinished, and actually quite directionless. (WHAT? WHY ARE YOU LOOKING AT ME LIKE THAT?) Look, y'all, I'm at a creative nadir. I'm hoping that posting this will give me a kick in the pants. (WHO DOESN'T HATE IT WHEN AN AUTHOR SAYS THAT? NO ONE, THAT'S WHO--GOD I'M SORRY I'M PULLING THIS SHIT WITH YOU) Having said that, hey, if you have any suggestions/comments/please, oh my god, please help me--feel free to comment.
Table of Contents

1. Prologue: The Hogwarts Express by steph7of7 [Reviews - 1] starstarstarhalf-star (2406 words) Printer

Are we not willing? Are we not bending? Are we not frozen? Are we not trembling? Are we not children? Are we not trying? Are we not wondering?
--Jane Siberry, from the album "When I was a Boy"

2. Serafima Snape, Potions Mistress by steph7of7 [Reviews - 3] starstarstarstarhalf-star (4817 words) Printer

3. Brooms and Bullies by steph7of7 [Reviews - 1] starstarstarstarhalf-star (4059 words) Printer

4. The Second-hand Cleansweep Three by steph7of7 [Reviews - 1] starstarstarstarhalf-star (3778 words) Printer

5. Halloween by steph7of7 [Reviews - 0] (3254 words) Printer

6. Quidditch by steph7of7 [Reviews - 0] (3717 words) Printer

To be continued...
steph7of7 is the author of 1 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 5 members. Members who liked Equal and Opposite also liked 499 other stories.

Disclaimer Charm: Harry Potter and all related works including movie stills belong to J.K. Rowling, Scholastic, Warner Bros, and Bloomsbury. Used without permission. No copyright infringement is intended. No money is being made off of this site. All fanfiction and fanart are the property of the individual writers and artists represented on this site and do not represent the views and opinions of the Webmistress.

Powered by eFiction 3.5