Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry for this one being short.
Chapter 4
Snape watched as Harry bit down on the cupcake, slowly. But that wasn’t the unnerving bit, the boy was staring ahead, and Snape happened to be in the way. So basically he was eye-screwing Snape as he tried to eat his own food.
“Potter”.
“Yes, professor?”
“Look to your left”.
Harry did so and waited for something to happen, “and stay there”, was Snape’s reply, now the boy wasn’t looking at him. “This is yummy –“.
"I don’t care”.
Snape's reply was short and sharp, he bit down on his cupcake and looked at the fireplace, “professor?” Snape rolled his eyes, “what do you want, can’t I eat my cupcake in peace?”
“Uh sorry, but I need to pee”.
“Oh... Well then follow me”.
Snape got up and brushed the crumbs from his robe and went to the bathroom door, only to stop and look back at Potter, only to remember that Potter still couldn’t see, “this way” he said out aloud so that Potter, could follow his voice. Snape had pushed the boy closer to the toilet, “you know what to do”. With that, Snape was gone. He placed the empty bottle in the sink, cleaning it out as he went along. Potter had come out a few minutes later, “uh professor?”
“What Potter”.
“You didn’t actually tell me where the bowl was”.
Snape’s heart sank, “oh please don’t tell me –“.
“I’m sorry sir I really need to go and I just –“.
Snape had barged right past the boy, and by god did he want to kill him, “why didn’t you just say when I pushed you in there?!” But then again it was Snape's fault, he forgot the boy was blind... Again.
The bathroom was clean, and Snape rubbed his eyes, he was too tired for this. Potter had received some homework, which was good because that meant Potter could be busy.... Oh right, he couldn’t see. Snape couldn’t help but snarl out aloud, why did he keep on forgetting for god sake? He sat next to the boy, who was trying to pretend to read.
“I’ll help you out”.
Snape said as he grabbed the parchment, it wasn’t hard, Snape would read out the question and the boy would answer, he didn’t get everything correct, but at least he was learning from his mistakes. But doing it for around an hour had sent Snape over the top.
“I think that’s enough now”.
Snape said through clenched teeth as he rolled up the parchment, trying to keep his cool. The boy sighed and leaned back into the chair, his eyes were glassy, “just to let you know I can see a little”, Snape frowned at the boy.
“When were you gonna tell me?”
“Oh I was gonna tell you after I did some of my homework, it’s an easy way out, having a teacher help you”.
“You little brat!”
The boy had used him, now that pissed Snape off, he got up and left the boys side, “where are you going?”
“I’m going to inform Dumbledore about you recovering, you should be well enough to go to your own dorm”.
“But I like staying here”.
“And be pampered like a little pooch, no way Potter, now don’t make yourself comfy, you’ll be out soon”.
Severus found Albus outside the office, which was highly unusual, “headmaster?” Severus spoke and the man turned to him with a smile.
“Ah Severus, how’s the boy?”
“He’s fine, in fact, he said he can see, so he should be able to get back to his dorm”.
“Is that so?”
“Yes”.
“I have one thing for you to do Severus”.
“And that is?”
“You need to look into Harry’s home life”.
“I...”
Snape thought otherwise about telling the headmaster that he’d already invaded the boy's mind, but the headmaster was quick, “you’ve already looked into it?”
“Yes, I was curious, he’s been cutting and all so...”.
The Headmaster had nodded to Snape's reply, “I understand, he will have to live somewhere else then”.
“Well, I don’t know about where he should go”.
“Nonsense Severus, the boy will stay with you”.
Did Snape just die on the spot... Yes... Yes, he did, “come again?” Snape threw a questioning glance at the old man, “the boy will live with you until he will –“.
“Absolutely not!”
“Severus, you know Harry needs help”.
Snape was trying not to cry, why the hell did it have to be him, he would have to stand up to the stupid jokes the boy conjures up un order to make him laugh. “Please Severus, he will be coming of age soon, it wouldn’t hurt”, Albus was throwing him a pleading look, come to think of it, it wasn’t long until the boy hit the age, and the boy was getting abused. Severus hated any students that were brought up that way, it was cruel.
“Fine, so help me god”.
Snape snarled at the man who smiled, “thank you very much, Severus, Lily would be proud”.
Snape turned and left the man alone, he hadn’t thought about what Lily would’ve wanted, it had been a while. Let’s see how the boy will take this.
“What?”
The boy glared at Snape, this took an interesting turn since the boy didn’t want to leave the room not only an hour ago. “You heard me”, Snape said, “you’re going to live with me for a bit”.
“But why?”
Snape knew that that question would appear, “because I know of your homelife”. Snape watched as the boy frowned in confusion, “what’re you talking about? My home life, how do you even know –“. The boy froze at the sudden realization, “you looked into my memory, you BASTARD!”
“Now you wait – language Potter, I knew there was something up, as I had told you before, I was concerned”.
But the boy shook his head, “I can’t believe you, that was personal, you can’t do that”.
“I’m afraid I’ve already done it, don’t fight me on this”.
“I hate you”.
Snape couldn’t suppress the shock on his face, the sudden change of a boy. Maybe because he was hiding his true emotions away. Snape shook his head, “be that way Potter, your stuff has already been taken to mine”. The boy sprung up from the seat, “you can’t be serious?”
“I’m quite serious, and if you keep up with your stupid attitude I will ground you”.
Snape stopped himself, he was acting like a goddamn parent, and Potter wasn’t even his! But Potter wasn’t paying enough attention to actually hear the slip-up. Holidays were only a week away. “I’ll let you go and sulk for a bit, I need to see if the potion is ready”, Snape said, he didn’t want to hear any more from the kid, it was driving him nuts.
The Potion was fine, Potter had told him that he couldn’t see clearly, which was what was expected, this Potion was to kill off any other strands of poison that infected the body. When he returned to the room he found the boy sitting in front of the fireplace, his knees up to his chest, “Potter, the potion, drink it and it’ll clear the rest of your eye sight”. The boy snatched the drink from the professor and gulped it down.
“It’s gross”.
“Good”.
Snape snatched the bottle back and went to clean it, “you hate it as much as I do don’t you?” Snape stopped when he heard the boys voice, it was true, he didn’t like the idea of having the boy over for the holidays.
“I don't particularly like the idea myself, but I couldn’t stop it”.
He heard an audible sigh coming from the boy, life isn’t fair, isn’t it? Snape thought to himself.