Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
warnings for; explicit language. child abuse/neglect

the song suggested for this chapter is stone walls by we the king.

thanks for reading and please leave a review ;)
Chapter 16
Chapter sixteen.

Aghast he may be, but more than anything Severus Snape was petrified. In every sense of the word, he found their predicament the most unfair, ridiculously discriminated and corrupted.

Petrified, didn't even begin to cover the emotions bubbling to the surface the moment their appeal had been made. In every psychological book he had read to help Harry as a child, the concept ' the child may be free of the abusers, but he is never free of the aftermath' had stuck in his mind, and he had seen it with his own eyes for years that came to be.

But never before had this concept been drilled into his mind, had Severus thought about the accuracy of this sentence, except that all this time Harry hadn't been freed at all.

When Severus first attempted to adopt Harry nine years ago, things weren't as easy as they were supposed to be today, his file had to go through the system for months, his whimsy guardianship paper was the only thing he held on for that period as he was saddled with a child.

Bewildered, of how a bitter, lonely and awful humane being like him could care for a damaged child. He knew next to nothing about parenting, he knew nothing of their needs, nothing of their logic and more importantly, Severus Snape did not have the required patience when it came to dealing with children.

But, as he tried to convince himself of that, he found the child so endearing, so innocent and in need of help, that his needs were forgotten. Who cared if Severus had a headache being woken night after night with screeching of a child? Who cared if Severus Snape knew next to nothing about cooking when the child would rather starve than to admit he was hungry?

Who cared that he wanted to shout, rage and snap when he was in a mood, when his child shrank away at every unkind word? No one. That was the answer.
No one cared. Severus /didn't/ have to do what he did in order to get Harry. He could've just left him by an orphanage as any other person would've done and no one dared to judge him then, he could let the child fend for himself and still be respected as he was before having Harry.

Well, James and Lily Potter certainly didn't care when it came to their son, because when the time came, they were more than glad to cover it up and sign the papers just after a few heated discussions and threats on both parts. They wanted a blood adoption, wanted to erase every remnant of Harry James Potter in order to save their own wealth and their fallen grace.

Severus didn't agree, because Harry didn't. The boy was adamant on staying a Potter, even though the potion master tried to explain the concept to him delicately and warn him of the consequences, the boy almost seemed scared of /not/ being a Potter more than he did of going back.

Severus growled and swore and gritted his teeth. As he urged their lawyer to not take no for an answer and to keep an eye on his green looking fiance at the same time.

As if flicked off by a switch, Harry went slack in his arms, Lupin and his mutt raced to their side of the bench with enraged snarls and red faces. Severus?
He sat down so Harry wouldn't be more disturbed as it was, made the child comfortable as much as he dared without startling the him and then proceeded the best sneer he could muster as his mind was clogged with concern. Not anger, nor hatred. Fear was what he was feeling. He feared for his child, and when Slytherins feared, they plotted.

Their chances were dramatically low as officials rounded up on the group and ushered them all out of the court room, as Lucius made an attempt to depart ( strategically retreat) one of the officials sternly glared and /informed/ them, that they were there by /contained/ until their due was up and Harry was to be sent off with the Potters.

"That is illegal."

"Not where I'm concerned. Just get into the darn room, will you?" Severus had a half mind to let the man know who he was exactly dealing with. But no, Harry came first, and the child needed him now.

Gaunt and pallid, with shallow breathing, the boy was handed to one person after the other when they were all throughly /checked/ and disarmed of their wands before locked in a posh looking office.

Fishe immediately sent out an opposition to the fake appeal and was coldly informed that this was merely a ' customary hearing' and virtually of no value. Fishe bite back by asking ' then how the hell are we running the justice system? '

Severus agreed with that statement whole heartedly. If a half ass jerk like Potter could buy a bunch of old coots to assign a law out of their sorry pants, then what was the definition of law in the first place?

Informing the headmaster was his first thought, Dumbledore owed him that much to at least show up and somehow inquire a real trial, Severus could handle it from there, the thing was, he had no influence, and his name had been already mugged with ministry since his younger days.

The suggestion was immediately crossed out of his mind with a grimace as they all settled around the room, Black immediately strode by and threw the heavy green curtains open to fumble with the windows, only to find them to be charmed ones.

"Bloody hell!"

Severus decided not to roll his eyes at the idiocy for once, and was somewhat grateful for the rays of charmed sun that shined in through the cracks of the window, he settled Harry on the black leather couch and straightened his back.

"It's funny how they say ministry is supposed to be our friend, because I find this situation anything but friendly. Is this how you treat pregnant woman?! You're shameful." Janet was berating the stoic guard, and the potion master tried to hide his smirk despite the timing.

This was exactly the reason why he loved her so much.

The guard however merely turned his head away and faced the lawyer. "The guardian has the right to inform our officials to pack up the boy's things, is there a relative he would prefer?"

He exchanged a look with Fishe and nodded. "Molly Weasley." he said firmly as he kneeled down in front of his child, unclasping his robe to cover Harry with.
The boy looked to be in shock.

He knew what Harry needed, was probably his bed, a warm place and his own blanket, a warm meal, or something sugary to rid him off the shock. Basically, anywhere else but here.

Without another word, the officials exited the room and the group was left alone, aside from Fishe, who supposedly followed the guards out of the room with a deep frown etched on his face.

"Harry? Harry cub, come on, it's okay. Harry?"

"He's not responding." Remus announced, and stood.

Severus tightened his grip around the quivering boy.

"Shall I call out for help?" Lucius asked.

"Fishe already went. Harry? Harry come on kid..." with difficulty, his finance grabbed the boy's hand and pinched. Severus shook his head. This wouldn't help.
"He's clearly unwell, is there anyway that the judge would rethink his verdict? The boy's all gaunt and pallid." clearly Lucius wasn't enjoying his time locked up there with rest of them.

"He's just in shock, he would be better soon." Snape reassured the crowd with confidence. No, this wasn't catatonic Harry, with glazed over eyes and helpless demeanour, Severus could tell the boy was merely resting, though that on itself should be a concern, another thing he should keep an eye on. For now though. As if reading his thoughts Harry shifted a little and groaned.

"Are you alright?" he asked his fiance, and Janet nodded.

Her worried gaze skimmed over Lupin and lingered on Harry. "What are we going to do? Is there a plan?"

"I already packed the lab." he declared. It didn't make a difference, but he had anyways, just to humor himself. It could come in handy now.

Janet harrumphed. "It's not like they let us out of this cell anyways."

Black paused his aggravating pace. His eyes blankly glazed over Harry with thoughtfulness.

"Molly is already packing Harry's things, maybe if we contacted her..."

"Two hours isn't enough time, and how? The agent's already gone." The wolf replied with a sigh, Severus just shook his head. There was no fireplace in the room.

"We could send a private Patronous."

Lucius arched an eyebrow. "With no wand?"

Narrowing his eyes the potion master hummed and closed his eyes, trying to clear his mind of all emotions and thoughts, he needed to channel his inner Slytherin now, it has been a while since he and the Slytherin had been one in spirit, the old snake had retreated to the corner of his mind for what seemed like decades.
Their first priority was Harry, he didn't know how yet, but he had to get Harry to a safe place where James Potter couldn't get his claws on him. Well him and Janet, as much as he was confident in his fiance, she was pregnant and Severus was not willing to put them in unnecessary danger if he could afford it.

"Janet can take Harry to the infirmary, they could floo to Hogwarts from there, Albus should know..."

"No."

"No?"

Lucius jeered. "Tell me you aren't that daft yet old man. Didn't you see the wards around this office as we entered?"

No, he hadn't noticed anything other than his son's vitals at the time. Maybe Lucius was right and he was slipping.

The root of his plan would stay the same, Janet and Harry needed to go, he wasn't sure about Jan, but Harry could certainly play sick when he needed to.
If he could just get the boy to fill up a vial for him, then he would somehow get to his labs, and simmer the essence with his draft made polyjuice.. Which would be ready by midnight if he really hastened some steps and skipped a few and then...

Black took a cautious step with crossed arms. "What are you doing?" he asked warily.

"I have a draft made cauldron filled with polyjuice potion, if I could get Harry to somehow... Spit or give his nails in order to replace the hair... Then maybe I can..."

"You think it's going to work?"

Severus didn't bother with a reply, his eyes caught Harry's lucid ones and they stared at each other for a moment.

"Dad?" he croaked out, looking like the exact version of when he seven years old, sounding lost and vulnerable. Something tugged at his heart.

"Are you alright?"

Harry nodded, a bit disoriented. With little struggle, he sat up and looked around the room, his eyes only skimming over the office before turning over to the potion master.

Knowing that glance immediately, Severus leant forward and embraced the boy, knowing that no words would provide the assurance, Harry would need. They needed stability, not empty words.

"Where are we?" Severus felt the boy's head quiver, and shook his own.

"That doesn't matter. Are you alright? Are you feeling faint? Dizzy?"

"I feel like I'm going to puke. Why are we here?"

Damn him for not picking up some calming draughts! If he had just worn his normal attire, then he wouldn't be having all this hassle for a few potions. He pulled back and settled Harry back on the couch, his eyes, trained over the years, inspected the child to make sure he was really as fine as he was claiming to be.

"We are locked in. The appeal is in place Harry."

"But... But... That can't be right! Dad, they couldn't possibly have... It's wrong!" his child sputtered, eyes wide in indignation.

"He bought them. All of them. There's nothing we can do, at least not legally anyways." Lucius said off handedly, despite his inner turmoil.

Leaning back, Harry looked dumbfounded and ready to faint again. "So I'm... Actually going back. I...."

Severus clicked his tongue, he couldn't handle Harry's panic attack right now, he was even trying to prevent it if possible, and Lucius was not helping in the slightest.

"We're trying to prevent that, calm down Harry. I need you to do something for me first." distraction. That's what they needed, distraction and enough time to roll with the plan. Only if Harry would agree.

"Back... Back home, with them..." the boy was mumbling.

Needing an abrupt urge to distract Harry from the Potters, Severus went right to the business.

"Take your clothes off." he said bluntly, looking dead serious.

"What?!" Harry blanched, his mind blanking for a moment, as he stared at his dad, gaping.

"I said take them off, Come on! We don't have much time." sweat could replace the hair, but Severus had to neutralize it first, if Janet could just extract the sweat without a wand...

"Dad what the hell are you doing.." the boy rambled on quickly as Severus clutched his shoulders to force him into act.

Remus narrowed his eyes and Serous looked too bewildered to interrupt.

"I said take the clothes off, or I swear to merlin I would discard them..." Harry leaned away from the man, but Severus didn't back off.

"Why would I...?" the boy stuttered.

"Because I said so, take the clothes off."

"Harry..." Sirius called and Harry flipped them both off with an angry sneer.

"Fine! It's not like everyone's watching." grudgingly, Harry started to disrobe while rolling his eyes, looking a little more comfortable, now that he had some color back on his face.

Harry flushed, as he was told to take off his shirt and handed them both to his dad.

"No... No, leave the pants on. Now take this and spit in it." he was handed a vial. Harry opened his mouth and closed it several times, his recent anguish and fear completely replaced by his shock and bewilderment.

"Dad what the heck?!" he turned to Sirius. "Did he hit his head somewhere?"

"Do as I say! And make it quick. Make sure to fill up the whole vial, Janet come here."

"Our plan is brilliant." the potion master said, his mind racing on a hundred of miles ahead of his thoughts. This plan could actually work.

"What plan?" everyone looked equally confused.

"This plan. Here take his robe and see if you can wandlessly extract the sweat. Don't overexert yourself." he handed the robe to Janet and turned to his son, who was examining the vial closely.

"Wait. Severus what am I doing exactly?" his fiance asked.

"If I can't prevent them from taking Harry, and I can't kill them off, then I will just have to switch places." the man declared firmly. His face hard and emotionless.

"What are you taking about?"

"I don't have any polyjuice potion on me right now, but I think I may have some draft made potions in my labs, Harry doesn't have any hair, so for now we shall make do with the spit and sweat... Maybe also his nails?"

hmm, nails would be a little tricky in a potion like poly juice, maybe he should just stick with the saliva.

"You want to switch places with him, as in going with the Potters instead of him?" Black asked, furrowing.

"No." Harry muttered instead.

"No?" Severus repeated.

Harry held his chin up and glared at him with blazing green eyes. "No, I'm not letting you do that."

"Harry, this is really not the time to argue with me." the worst timing for anything really.

Fiercely, the child tumbled to his feet and crossed his arms. "I'm not letting you put yourself in danger like that! It's idiotic! What happens if they found out? Dad, they could put you in prison..."

The potions master scoffed. "Stop being dramatic. Now fill that goddamned vial or I'll...."

Harry shook his head and pursed his lips, his breathing picked up speed. "I'm not being dramatic! I'm being realistic! Dad, he just got a whole court to create a whole new degree just so he could take me away. I don't want to think what would happen if I lost you like that."

"And what? Am I just supposed to seat around and let that happen? Son, you're too young for this, let me handle..." that was the wrong thing to say. Severus had realized later.

"You'd always say that and see how..."

The father held up a hand and narrowed his eyes. "I am the parent. You are the child. Think about that fact, and choose your next words carefully Harry. I know what I'm doing, I'm a Slytherin for a reason. You are going nowhere near that bastard, if I have a say in it."

"But you don't..." the child protested weakly, looking ready to cry from frustration.

"I will, and that is final. Instead of wasting time, do as I say. Please." oh, how much he wanted to hold the boy and tell him everything would be alright, take him and fleed, somewhere far. Away from here.

"Dad. Please."

"Harry, come on." Janet urged.

"Shut up! Both of you shut up! Why can't we just... Stop this... Somehow, without getting someone hurt or sent away or in prison in the process?!"

"I have less than one hour to hand you over to an aristocrat pig. I am your parent and that will never change, when I say you can't stay with them until the next session, I don't mean it as an opinion, I mean it as a fact. I know how to handle myself, Potter is the one thing I can handle."

"You don't know that. However we can just go on with the original plan , and things would be fine." his friend put in coldly and Severus turned to glare. Not now Lucius. Not now.

"Lucius." he growled out in warning.

"Potter has a point. Severus, as clever as this plan of yours is... It might not work with Potter putting wards around the mansion. You do know how the wards work, don't you? A long and exaggerated death will be the results." the man finished brutally. His cane smacking the polished ground for good measure.

"He's too arrogant for such strict wards." Severus was almost sure of that.

"He's a prankster . He would have the wards and add a couple more. Your plan would work only if Harold goes with them and pass the wards... Create a glitch, so to speak, for you to sneak in the house, gather the necessary evidence for the case and somehow survive until the next trial."

Unacceptable. Harry couldn't go back. He just couldn't. His seven year old son couldn't, and so can't his fifteen year old traumatized child. Severus would rather die, or kill, than let his son back with those.... Monsters.

"Are we actually considering this?" Remus Lupin exclaimed, being the only overly distressed man in the room. Probably overwhelmed by everyone's panicked scents and irregular heartbeats.

"Do you have an input Lupin?" he asked coolly.

The man nodded his head. "How do we keep in touch, with Harry? Who says that James is going to take Harry back to his house? What if they just took the cub and fleed?"

Lucius cleared his throat. "The law isn't that loose yet Mr. Lupin. The Potters are not allowed to leave the country until the final verdict, and Severus is allowed to place necessary charms on the child to ensure his safety... The only problem, however, is... Harold's emotional state. As you might have figured out by now, proving emotional abuse is a hard job."

Abuse. His son was about to get abused, and Severus was just handing him to them. This plan better work.

"That's exactly the reason why I'm not letting him to leave with them. Janet?" he held Harry's robe in her direction.

"I'm working on it. Hand me a vial."

"Maybe we can give you the two way mirror for communication? It could come in handy." Sirius suggested.

"That's too obvious. James was the one who invented the idea in the first place. We need something more subtle." Remus tapped his chin in thought and paced around the room.

"I'm not allowed to take an owl." Harry admitted dejectedly.

"We'll figure it out. Harry, please."

"I'm so not confident about this plan." the boy declared again, looking torn between feeling sorry for himself or angry at the others. Severus could sympathize.

He put his hands on Harry's shoulders and handed his shirt back to him. "Trust me, you don't even have to stay overnight, two hours would be enough to confuse the wards, we'll switch places by the border, at the same time and nothing will happen."

"What if they caught us?" Harry asked in a high pitch tone.

"Harry."

"No, he's smart. Too smart. I can't... I can't be like you Dad, I can't act in front of them. I'm not a Slytherin." they knew him too well, they would know this was a scheme, they would sniff it out in a moment. Harry couldn't do this, regardless of what he had told Malfoy that day in the kitchen, he couldn't just sacrifice something like this.

Dad shook his head almost frantically. "You don't have to act. In fact, you don't have to do anything with them, I promise you, their faces would be the only thing you'd have endure until I arrive."

"I don't like this." he protested weakly, knowing that this was only solution, that whether he liked it or not, he had to go back with them at some point.

Sirius nodded sympathetically and slumped down on the couch next to him. "Neither do we, pup. But for the first time, maybe Snape's right. I don't want you to go back there either."

That's not the point! Harry though in irritation.

"What if you ran out of potions? What would happen if something went wrong? What if this won't work without my hair? Dad, please..."

"Please, what?" his dad's face was back to his usual stoic mask.

"I don't know. Please, just... Can't we talk to them? Maybe they want something from us like before, money, fame? I don't know... It's just seem like too much effort to only get a fre... Me back."

freak. He had almost said freak. And he wasn't even in their presence for more than half an hour. The chilling dread and raw fear pumped in his veins. Even the thought of them touching him or talking with him made him shudder, but again, the thought of his father being in his place to endure that, was even more nauseating.

Unaware of his son's inward breakdown, Severus continued. "That's where he wants us to make a mistake, child. I will be fine, you just concentrate on staying safe, yes? Now fill the vial, I sent Molly to pack your things."

"What about communication?" Janet asked faintly.

"Would a tracking charm go unnoticed?" Remus piped in.

"It depends on the type, really. Undetectable spells are too weak to function without going unnoticed." Lucius' eyes burned into Harry's with an expectant stare. Did the man actually expect him to accept his doomed faith as easy as that?

' you promised. ' his eyes seemed to tell.

I know. Harry answered miserably.

"What if we charm an inmate object? That would lessen the force, but it can pass by unnoticed. Something small, and easy to carry. Your ring maybe?"

Janet shook her head. "It's too obvious. Why would he carry an engagement ring around?"

"I have a gum wrapper..." Harry said, somewhat numbly.

"Not strong enough."

Malfoy drew out a galleon out of his inner pocket. "Here. A galleon shall do the job, and we can extend the charm to chain a few other galleons for safety as well."

"Brilliant."

"I'm still not sure about this plan."

"This is one of the only ways. I am not going to say /the/ only, because there are other ways we can't just reach right at this moment. This will work, I know it's a hard thing to ask of you, but would you please trust me again?"

"I don't know. I don't..." but he did. He trusted Dad. What he didn't trust.../couldn't / put his trust upon on was his ability to stay with him. Abandonment was always the issue. What if he didn't come back? If Harry was forcibly taken, and made to leave with the Potters, at least he could pretend that he was the one leaving and Dad hadn't left. But on the other hand...

"Fine, yes. Just... Be careful, please." he finally sputtered out as all heads were turned to his for answers.

"No matter what happens, or regardless of the outcome, you must know that I will always love you Harry. I'm not doing this as a punishment or to redeem my wrongs in your eyes. I'm doing this because I love you. I can't let them hurt you again, not even if I have to commit a crime in doing so." by the end of his speech, Dad's cold hands were on his shaking sweaty palms, and Harry wanted to break in tears right then and there. But couldn't.

The significance of crying should be saved for more pressing matters, than a heartfelt promise. That could still be broken.

"You're scaring me."

"Good, I thought maybe I had lost my touch over the years. Now fill the vial."

Harry filled he vial.

XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXx

The clock ticked away, minutes bled into an hour and then time slowly came to its end, Harry's inner organs were all in knots, fighting, clashing, and demanding to be let out of his doomed body. The silence that fell upon them was condemning, no one dared to break it off in order to maintain the somewhat peaceful tension that hung between them. As if tension could be peaceful.

Harry had to admit, even without a wand, his Dad was a pro. From experience, the boy knew that his father carries more than a several flasks and vials on him out of habit, but that wasn't what surprised him.

What surprised him, was the graceful and unspoken fluency as his Dad and Janet worked, to be honest he had never seen them cooperating like this before, mutely exchanging vials, and effortlessly putting stasis charms on his supposed spit and fingernails. Who knew Janet has her makeup kit on her at all times?
Without uttering a single word, the two wrapped up the plan pretty much minutes away from the deadline, Dad hid some of the vials and Janet the rest, Sirius and Remus tried effortlessly to put the alarming spells on the galleons without draining themselves, which proved to be impossible.

Wandless magic wasn't just cotton candy and rainbows, it didn't flow out of their fingers like a fairy godmother's did, even conjuring enough energy to charm and somehow glamour three coins had the men almost fainting. But they did so without a complaint, almost frantically. Malfoy, surprisingly, did little to help, and mainly advised his dad with a few pointers.

Which Dad mostly ignored. Harry was half sitting, half slumped on the couch, his mind blissfully blank of any thoughts or particular emotions, trying to remain level headed and reserved. Although feeling a little bit guilty for putting his dad in this situation, the thought of his dad being... Him, physically and in flesh, disturbed the boy.

Harry knew Dad didn't talk about his childhood a lot. He wasn't an idiot, he kind of knew his father hadn't the happiest of childhoods when the time passed and he never even mentioned a word from other siblings or his parents. So going back to live with two abusers... His own son's parents, as a defenseless fifteen year old, with supposed anxiety and no way to defend himself... It made Harry sick.

"Hey kid. Are you alright?" her voice didn't startle him as he had caught her sneaking up behind him. Harry stared half heartedly.

She rounded the couch and sat right next to him, uncomfortably close to his comfort zone. Harry shifted.

"Do you want something?" he could not deal with Janet right now.

"Yes. I wanted to ask something, actually." she rubbed her sweaty palms on the hem of her robe, her brow drawn in a deep frown. Concern and distress rolled off her in heavy waves. It made Harry want to faint again.

"How much do you remember... Of the Potter mansion?" she asks hesitantly, in a rushed tone.

"Why do you ask?" Harry asked suspiciously.

"I just wanted to make sure you know your way out..."

"I know how to get out. There's a back door." he pointed out and she gulped.

"That's good, I'm glad...And Harry?"

"What?" Harry responded.

She looked at him for a moment, as in considering to touch him or hug him, but then blew it off. Her hand slumped back on her knees. "Stay away from the roses."

" I wouldn't go near those bushes if I were you." she continued.

"But what...?" what was she on about? Was this a code name? What was by the bushes? Harry's exhausted mind however, let it slip and nodded anyways.

"Just don't. Alright? Consider it a friendly warning."

"The time's up." his dad suddenly said, standing up and facing the door.

Two galleons were hastily dropped off in his pocket and one enclosed in his sweaty palm. Harry felt guilt driven, as he saw the sheen of sweat already coating the men's faces.

"Here. Harry, tap the coin twice if something went wrong, anything at all. Tap it three times before you leave the house and meet us by the gates, don't forget to take your potions and apply the balm, also... Don't talk back to them, if convenient, don't talk at all. It's going to be alright."

"Good luck Harold." Malfoy nodded with a knowing look. Harry decided he hated this face the most.

"Just notify us if anything went wrong. That is important, don't play the martyr please." Remus moved to engulf him in a hug when the door burst open and several officials with drawn wands stormed in.

"Mr. Potter? Your parents are waiting for you by the door. Your things are already sent away. Now if you would follow us.." the one with the robes said, his wand steadily pointed at him. Of course, his father swiftly jumped and shielded him with his own body, but the wizards were having none of that. Before Harry could connect the last scene to the next, his dad was under fire, as several people drew him away with harsh pulls and some profanity.

"I just need to say goodbye." Harry tried to explain. Why are they so rough? He wondered in confusion.

"There is no time for that, we must leave /now/." hands pulled him away to the door as Harry flailed in their arms, also seeing others struggle to get to him, his dad looking terrified and enraged at the same time.

"Alright, fine, but I just need to say goodbye..." he tried to explain. He just needed to say goodbye!

"Hey! Let go!! No, I need to say goodbye! Let me go!" the hands pulled him away from his family and out of the door, Harry heard struggle, shootings and his dad getting in a fight with the official who had jinxed him. Oh no.... Harry thought, with a sinking heart.

"Harry!" Harry wriggled between the guards even more, extending his hand in hopes of grabbing something to hold on to. Or rather his dad's hand.

"I didn't get to say goodbye! Dad! Dad! I need to say goodbye!"

"Let him go you complete..." he heard Sirius cussing and his dad calling his name, they had no wand. Harry realized, the guards were armed, but his dad....

"Dad!"

The guard barked in exasperation. "Silence! Bring him to Lord Potter immediately."

"I said I'll come with you. Please, I didn't get to say goodbye!"

"Shut up you brat, would you?" another guard snarled, his hand gripping Harry's neck in a forceful manner. They pushed him forward.

"You have no right to separate me from my dad like that! I had to say goodbye!"

The other official, the one dressed in a suit shook his head sternly. "The restraining order is in action, any physical or close proximity to the accused would be taken accounted for in the court. You'd better cooperate with us." no. This couldn't be happening. He didn't know why, but he had to say goodbye somehow, even if their plan worked and Dad really came to switch places with him.

"Is he here yet?" James' voice wondered before his delighted eyes fell on him.

"Ah, Harry." he opens his arms for an embrace, Harry coldly stepped away. Badly shaken and still unsettled, was his dad alright? What about others?

"Don't. Touch. Me." he jerked his hands away, scowling.

The same guard chortled. "Horrible manners, this one. Was that all sir?"

James didn't take his hungry gaze off Harry as he nodded. "Yes, we are fine here, aren't we Harry?
"
"You are a sick man. I hope you all burn in hell." Harry spat out with disgust.

"Well, i did tell you that I would fix things didn't I?"

"All ready then? The car should be here any moment now." they made him trudge along with them down the hallway, no matter how hard Harry tried to call out for help, his voice was dead to the world.

"What are you planning to do with my Dad?" he cracked out with difficulty. Do whatever you want with me, but please leave him alone.

Lily smiled sardonically. "Nothing less than he deserves. After you, Harry."

Hands on his shoulders, a hand on his back, the stiffening odor of rich Cologne and her perfume, not even different from all those years ago. Harry felt imprisoned within their grasp once again.
Chapter End Notes:
Harry had to leave with them.

thanks for reading and don't forget to leave a review ;)
love ya all.