Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: If it were mine, man I’d be flying high.
Chapter 17

Harry cursed to himself on the inside. Outwardly, he showed no surprise. He should have known they were going to listen… Sal was gonna be so pissed…

“Come in you guys,” Harry strode over to the door, closing it behind Ron and Hermione when they walked in. “Silencio,” he muttered a silencing charm on the door with a wave of his wand.

Ron sank down onto the bed. Hermione just stared shrewdly at Harry. “How did you do that magic? You wouldn’t cross the Ministry of Magic again after last summer.”

“Severus took the tracing charms off my wand,” Harry explained. “You can sit down Hermione.”

The girl shook her head. “How long have you known?”

“That piece of paper in the kitchen told me right before you walked in.”

Ron still looked confused. “But Harry… James is your father! It all makes sense- you’re a Gryffindor like him, and a Seeker like him, you even bloody look like him!”

Harry sighed and eased into a chair. “The Heritage Potion couldn’t have made a mistake. I brewed it myself, with Severus watching.” Harry eyed Remus. He was being awfully quiet. “Remus? What do you think?”

The werewolf thought for a moment. “It’s entirely possible, I suppose. Severus and Lily were friends once, before she got so close with James. We never knew much about their relationship,” Remus said softly. “And when James and Lily died, Severus had only just come to the Order. We didn’t try to question his past; we were desperate. Whatever the facts turn out to be, I’m with Harry. So Harry, if you want to accept Snape as your father, I’m okay with it.”

Harry nodded. “Thanks, Remus. That means a lot to me.”

Ron stood up. “What are you saying? You actually believe this bullshit?”

Harry looked Ron in the eye. “Yes, I do. I made the potion; I made it correctly. I can respect Severus, even if I may not ever love him like I love James.”

Ron shook his head in disgust. “I can’t believe this. He’s a filthy Death Eater, Harry. He probably raped your mum and then came to the Order so no one would blame him!”

Harry stood up slowly, his green eyes snapping. “Careful Ron, you might say something you’ll regret.”

The red-head looked furious. “There used to be a time when you trusted me, and when I could call myself your best friend. If you refuse to take my input now, when you obviously need my help, I guess that time is over.” Ron glared at Harry and stomped out of the room.

Immediately Harry glanced towards Hermione. “Hermione?”

The girl trembled slightly. “I just want you to be happy Harry,” she whispered.

Harry stepped towards her and pulled her into a hug. “Thanks, Mione. That means the world to me.”

“Ron will come around,” she murmured.

“Gods I hope so,” Harry said quietly. “I hope so.”

On the morning term was starting back, Ron and Harry still weren’t talking. Hermione had been struggling as a mediator between the pair, but so far nothing had worked.

On the other hand, in Ron’s absence, Harry had told Ginny his secret. She had taken in very well; in fact, she had hardly even been surprised. She had taken the liberty of telling Fred and George, who had accepted it in a stride and were now constantly pestering Harry with owls about hexing Snape. Apparently, they thought that since he was now Harry’s flesh and blood, Harry could prank him all he wanted.

Harry lifted his trunk into the train compartment with ease. Then he helped Ginny with hers while the twins helped Hermione. Once they were done, they walked over to Mrs. Weasley and the other adults to say good-bye.

Mrs. Weasley hugged Harry and pressed a few sandwiches into his hands. “Have a good term, Harry. Don’t hesitate to write if you need anything, dear.”

Remus drew Harry into a firm embrace. “See you later, cat,” he referred to Harry’s Animagus form. Harry had shown it to him almost immediately, but they had yet to come up with a good nickname for it. Harry had shown Hermione and Ginny as well, and they had been calling him “kitty.” It was quite embarrassing, really.

Finally, Harry walked over to Fred and George to say his good-byes. The twins shook his hand, surprisingly without any “humorous” results.

“Now if you want us to beat up that prat brother of ours,” George began.

“You only have to ask,” Fred continued.

“We’d be more than happy,” George interrupted.

“We’d be delighted,” Fred jumped in.

Harry laughed. “Thanks you guys. But I don’t think it’s really necessary. Ron will come around once he’s shown sense. He’s not entirely stupid, just a little slow.”

Fred and George nodded in unison. “That’s our brother for you.”

“I’ll come by your place in Hogsmeade. I’d better go find the girls or we’ll lose our compartment on the train. I’ll see you around, guys.”

Bye,” they waved, before disapparating with a crack.

Harry smiled and hopped onto the train. In a moment he found his compartment and sat down with Ginny and Hermione. They were back on the way to Hogwarts. They were going home.

Chapter End Notes:
Yay we’re off to Hogwarts at last… it only took SEVENTEEN chapters…