Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
Hi everyone! Welcome to my story 'What the hell is happening' or for short WTHIH.

This story is another Severus is Harry's biological father, only with many plot twists. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have been enjoying writing it.
Chapter 1: Prologue (Re-written)

 Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter; those copyrights below to JK, and will not be used for any financial benifit. 

Chapter 1: Prologue (Re-written)


Hogwarts: Headmasters Office

"Remus, thank you for coming at this time of the evening" Albus Dumbledore said, ushering the previous Hogwarts professor into his office.

Remus nodded his head in acknowledgment and sat down in an armchair in front of the headmaster's desk.

"Of course, Albus. When I had read your missive, I dropped everything; it seemed quite urgent. How is Harry by the way?" Remus furrowed his brow in concern.

"That is the question of the hour. I heard from Molly Weasley that Harry had not been responding to Mr. Weasley, that is, Ronald's letters these holidays. When I went over to the Weasley's home this morning, I was made aware of something very strange indeed. It came up in their conversation that a few years ago, the young Weasley boys flew Author's enchanted car to Surry. And in their words, they do so as to 'rescue' Mr. Potter from his aunt and uncle's home.

"Rescue?" Remus interjected sounding confused.

"Yes, apparently in Harry's second year, his family saw it fit, to put bars on his windows. I thought that maybe the muggles were taking security measures against neighbourhood burglars. However, Ronal made it very clear that only Harry's window had bars. And on an even grimmer note, Mrs. Weasley had been sending care packages to Mr. Potter that summer. Apparently, the muggles were withholding food from him."

There was a break in Dumbledore's speech, both men silent. Remus reflected on the severity of the situation, and he could not help but wonder how harry was currently faring. The headmaster bowed his head in shame, 'he should have checked in on the boy himself all of those years ago' he thought. Sighing, Albus resumed his conversation.

"Earlier this evening, I asked for Kinsley Shaklebolt to go to Harry's house in Little Winging; under the pretence of giving Harry some belonging which were left at Hogwarts. This of course was all a ruse, Kinsley was sent by me to properly suss out the Dursley's. I suggested that he try bringing up whether or not they liked having their nephew living with them. Both Dursleys, unfortunately made it very clear how much they despised their nephew. Kinsley faked his agreeance, as to try and get more information out of them. They stated that they kept the boy busy with chores, much more than any house elf should do. In short Remus, these people are the most despicable of humans, and the boy must not live in that house any longer. Of course I had hoped that they would love him like a son… "The headmaster drifted off in thought.

"This is a lot to take in Albus. Poor Harry has been sent back year after year, even though I remember his stating many times that he wished to stay at Hogwarts during the summer." Remus stood up abruptly, walking over to the window; not wanting to look Albus in the eye.

"I think it would be prudent Remus, that someone collect harry from his relatives as soon as possible; don't you? The sooner the better." Remus nodded his head in agreement, abruptly turned around and walked over towards the door. Only stopping to ask a question.

"What should I tell Harry, Headmaster?" Remus asked.

"Just tell Harry that he will be staying with Sirius. No need to get into detail, I still need some time to figure things out" Dumbledore said.

Just as Dumbledore was opening his door, and ushering Remus out of the office, another person was at the door.

"Ah, Severus, just in time; take care Remus."

And with Dumbledore's last words, Remus descended the stairs, whilst Severus and Albus sat down in order to have a serious discussion.


Grimmauld Place

Sirius Black could be found pacing up and down the threadbare carpet at number 12 Grimmauld Place. After getting an urgent telegram from the headmaster. Sirius had put Kreacher to walk immediately. The house elf dusted, mopped, and cleared out one large bedroom. Sirius could not hold in his excitement any longer, for his godson was to be staying with him for the summer.

There was a noise coming from the drawing room, a loud hissing noise. Running into the room, Sirius stood a few meters away from the fireplace with a grin on his face. He began to grin when Harry came barrelling out of the fireplace.

"Sirius!" Harry yelled, throwing his arms in the air and enveloping his godfather in a bear hug.

"It's good to see you too Harry" Sirius chuckled whilst ruffling Harry's hair.

"I've really missed this place Sirius….. Hey, It even looks less. Creepy" Sirius smiled at this.

"I've had Kreacher cleaning madly for the past few hours. I don't think he's done so much work since my mother died." Sirius smirked.

There was another hiss from the fireplace, Remus Lupin stepped out cool as a cucumber. Both friends said their greetings, Remus excused himself and went to the bathroom. However, not before brushing past Sirius telling him that he would be waiting in the study.

Sirius furrowed his brows in concern, however realised that Remus wanted a word in private; not wanting Harry to listen in.

When Sirius looked back at Harry, he could almost see the cogs in the boy's head turning, trying to decipher his and Remus' silent conversation. Needing to distract the boy, Sirius chirped up.

"So, want to race me to your room?" Sirius asked with a beaming smile.

When Harry heard this, he took shared the same smile as Sirius. Harry had never had a room called his own; he never counted his room as the Dursley's as one. Harry pushed Sirius aside, and began to run up the stairs, stopping on each level and wildly open all the bedroom doors.

Sirius stood in thought for a minute on the ground floor. For once, so happy at the thought of finally having family staying with him. He was taken from his thoughts when he could hear Harry yelling from 3 levels above "I love it!". Smiling at his godson's response, he barrelled up the stairs to go help Harry unpack.

After everything had been unpacked, and Harry was long asleep. Sirius' face when from happy to serious He walked to the study to find Remus lounging on a couch.

At seeing Sirius, Remus stood up with a serious look on his face, "We need to talk". And with that being said, Sirius closed and put a silencing charm around the room; ready for their conversation.


 

Chapter End Notes:
Hi everyone! I hope you liked this chapter. I've taken the time to re-write it, after not realising just how crap the previous one was before this. Hopefully this amended version will persuade you to read the rest of my story.

As I will most likely say every chapter, don't forget to follow and favourite the story. And if you would like, please review! Reviews always keep me motivated and give me food for thought.

Thanks everyone, and Happy readings!