Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

It'd be nice

He feels his stomach go cold at the thought of the headmaster.


“The headmaster already made it clear that he thinks I’m a liar,” He says, not calling the man by name on purpose.  


“Ron said that Dumbledore accused you of exaggerating?”  Hermione asks gently.


He juts his chin out stubbornly.  


“I tried to tell him, but he wouldn’t listen.  But Madame Pomfrey and Snape both saw the exam results and were really decent about it.”  He nibbles his lip thoughtfully and adds another point to his list.


Ability to disagree with Dumbledore.


“Snape?”  Ron splutters out around a mouthful.


He shifts uncomfortably.  


“Yeah.”  


“Why do you have to be the one finding a new guardian?”  Hermione asks, effectively changing the subject.


His shoulders drop as the weight of the world abruptly comes crashing back down on him.


“Because no one else will,” He whispers.


“I don’t understand why you can’t just live with me,” Ron argues.  


Hermione is looking at him again.  He can feel it. He resists the urge to sink under the table.


“Because Harry needs someone to himself,” She says.  “Don’t you think so, Harry?”


“It’d be nice,” He admits, twisting his fingers in his lap.