Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Severus steps up

Albus looks down at the parchment Severus has just angrily shoved in his hands moments before.

“What is this, my boy?”

“A list of injuries sustained by Potter from his so-called safe guardians,” Severus spits out.

Another document drops into his hands.

“And this?”  Albus asks, bushy eyebrows drawing together in concern.

“Signatures from each of the Hogwarts’ Heads of Houses demanding your prompt removal of the boy from those--” Severus snarls, “Those creatures.”  

“Don’t you think you’re blowing things out of proportion?”  Albus asks, reaching into his robes for a lemon drop.

“Proportion?”  Severus’ face is cold.  “Read the list. I’ll wait.”

Albus watches as his youngest professor stalks over the fireplace before looking back down at the list.

The list is both worse and better than he’d feared.  Lasting damage--perhaps--from the lack of proper nourishment, but everything else is capable of being solved through potions.

And perhaps a mind healer, is the thought he doesn’t allow himself to think on.

“I have to admit to being surprised that you are so adamant that something be done about Mr Potter,” He says, trying to sound jovial.

Severus sneers and merely pulls a thick folder out from a hidden pocket.