Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Abusive homes

Two other meetings take place following Severus’ meeting with the headmaster.  Both occur outside of Hogwarts, and both are conducted by other heads of houses.

If anyone is surprised to see Minerva McGonagall stalking the corridors of the Ministry of Magic, they are careful enough to not let her see.  

By the time she is ushered into Madam Bones’ office, most of the building knows she is there.

“It is a surprise to see you,”  Amelia says, steepling her fingers and looking inquisitively at the woman sitting across the desk from her.

“I’m afraid this isn’t a social call.  I have serious news to speak of,” Minerva answers.

“I had surmised as much,” Amelia says, reaching down and pulling a bottle of firewhiskey out of a bottom drawer.  “Can I interest you in a drop?”

“A small one,” Minerva allows.  

Drink in hand, she frowns back at Amelia, not liking what she has to say.

“The headmaster has been knowingly allowing children under his care--our care--to stay in abusive homes.”

Amelia’s eyebrows go up to her hairline and she tosses the remainder of her drink back in one shuddery swallow.

“Proof?” She asks.

Minerva hands her a large folder with a grimace.