Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

A vow

Filius Flitwick is nervous to be sitting in the presence of Ragnarok, current director of Gringotts, but swallows his fear in order to complete his mission and return to Hogwarts.

He is largely glad that goblins don’t bother much in the way of pleasantries, because he is fairly certain his stomach will turn inside out should he have to wait much longer.

“I come with proof that Albus Dumbledore has been ignoring the hurt and neglected students of Hogwarts,” He says bluntly.

Ragnarok snarls and shows him his teeth--his sharp teeth--in response.  

“And what do you require of Gringotts?”  The goblin growls at him.

“Help in spreading the word.  Help in letting others know that he is an oathbreaker.”

Filius hands over the thick folder that Severus and Poppy have compiled and then sits back to watch with some fascination as the full blooded goblin quickly begins scanning the documents.

“Why should you alert us now?  What has changed?”

Piercing eyes meet his and he fights the impulse to bare his neck to the predator sitting before him.

“Severus Snape swore to Lily Potter that he would protect her son.  Albus’ inactions have threatened that promise. He wants revenge. I want revenge. Hogwarts needs it.”