Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
2 chappies today!
I beg your pardon?

This is the last place he has thought to ever be introduced to.

What--or rather, who-- he finds inside is also a surprise. 

“Come in, Mr Potter,” Professor McGonagall says, lifting a hand toward him.

He can’t help the minute flinch that the motion causes him, and he burns red as McGonagall’s face turns sorrowful.

“Just sit, Potter,” Snape growls, pointing and gently pushing him forward to the sitting area.

Professor Flitwick smiles and raises his tea cup to him.

“Tea, Mr Potter?”  

“Um, yes sir?  Thank you?” Harry manages, trying to look at everyone and everything simultaneously.

Professor Sprout gestures to the spot next to her.  

“Here, child.  Sit here.”

He finally manages to untie his tongue after watching Snape serve them both.

“Sir?  What’s going on?”

“We are meeting with you to notify you of your change in guardian,” Snape answers smoothly.

His eyebrows shoot up and he nearly fumbles his cup.  Flitwick catches it with a wave of his wand, setting it on a small table to Harry’s right.  

“I beg your pardon?”  Harry chokes out.

“We,” McGonagall interrupts, “Have taken it upon ourselves to remove you from the Dursley’s care.”

Her face shows them all how exactly she feels about that care.  

“But where will I go instead?”