Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Unsettling

Poppy is all fuss and bustle and normality.  

Severus sees it the moment the boy begins to relax, despite the tense environment surrounding them.  The Weasley boy has finally been convinced--ordered--to leave Potter’s side, and all that is left is the three of them.  Dumbledore returned to the feast as soon as feasibly possible, though Severus expects to get an earful later about Potter’s behavior.

Given the results of the exams thus far, it seems likely that Severus will have his own rant to throw at the old man.

Malnourished. Light sensitive. Contusions.  Extremely low magical core readings, almost as if the boy’s magic is the only thing standing between him and death.  

The thought sends an icy chill through his stomach and he scowls at the sensation.  

Perhaps more worrying is the boy’s propensity for flinching.

The boy flinches every time either of them get too close to him, hands raised or not.  They are very small reactions, and perhaps unnoticeable to the untrained eye, but Severus is far too used to seeing such things from his own Snakes.

That he should be seeing something from the Potter boy, the veritable Prince of the wizarding world, is deeply unsettling.