Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
Hey guys, thanks again for all of the continued feedback and support,.. but you do realize that it's still going to be quite awhile before the sequel right? This story goes up until Harry is five and it's more than twenty chapters long just so you know.
Puff's Playhouse




A few days later Severus and Lily brought Sarah home from the hospital. Harry and Petunia were waiting for them when they returned. “Harry, sweetheart, I brought somebody home to see you.” Lily told him while smiling sweetly at him as she came through the front door carrying Sarah’s car seat by the handle. As Harry sped towards them, Severus lifted him up inside his arms and held him by his hip before kissing him on the cheek.







“Baby!” Harry squealed excitedly while pointing over at Sarah who was still trying to learn how to focus her eyes as she was still cross-eyed.







“That’s right buddy.” Severus began. “That’s your new baby sister Sarah. I know you’ll be a great big brother to her and watch over her and protect her.” He said before kissing his cheek again when suddenly Sarah began to cry.





“What’s wong with Sawah?” Harry wondered.






“Oh honey she’s alright, she’s probably just hungry.” His mother told him and then she looked over at Petunia. “Would you like to feed her?” She asked her while smiling rather warmly at her which left her sister feeling completely dumbfounded.



“You’re asking me?” She inquired.





“Of course, you are her aunt after all. You can go ahead and hold her while I’m getting her bottle warmed up.” She said while setting the car seat down on the ground and starting to unstrap Sarah. Meanwhile Severus felt Harry’s diaper starting to sag.





“Uh oh, Harry’s wet again. When are we going to start getting him potty trained?” He wondered.






“Well,.. typically speaking toilet training a young child isn’t a very good idea when there’s a newborn in the house. That, and I think you’re supposed to wait until Harry starts telling you when he has to go or waking up from his naps dry,.. or both.” Petunia explained and suddenly it was Severus’ turn to look surprised.





“You know an awful lot about this.” He said.





“Well, that’s because I have a son Harry’s age.” Petunia said and that’s when Severus noticed a very solemn expression came onto her face.





“I see. Well is anything the matter?” He questioned.





“Yes.” Petunia began while glancing up at him slightly. “I just don’t want to talk about it right now.” She told him as Lily placed Sarah inside her arms and then went into the kitchen. Severus just simply raised an eyebrow at her while Sarah continued fussing.







“I’ll just leave you to tend for your niece then shall I?” He questioned her before carrying Harry down the hallway. “Harry, I think that once I get you changed that I’m going to take you to Puff’s Playhouse. Your mummy needs some time alone with Sarah and Aunt Petunia.” He told him while setting him down on top of the changing table.







“Yay!!” He exclaimed excitedly while Severus smiled at him and chuckled a little bit.






“I figured that you would be excited.” He told him while starting to slide his pants off.





Once Severus and Harry arrived at Puff’s Playhouse, Severus took Harry by the hand and started leading him around. “Alright buddy, what would you like to do first?” He questioned him.


“Dwagon wide!!” Harry exclaimed excitedly in response.





“Although you really do like dogs as well, you really are dragon crazy aren’t you?” He asked him.




“Yep!” Harry cried out with a rather wide grin. That’s when suddenly another boy just about his size started racing past him. He had bright red hair, bright bluish-greenish eyes, and freckles on both of his cheeks.





“Ronald Weasley!! You get back here right now!!” A short and stout witch scolded before she turned to look over at another boy who resembled him while Ron quickly hurried back over towards his family. “I thought I told you to keep an eye on your brother William!” She cried while placing her hands upon her hips.





“I’m sorry Mum but I can’t keep an eye on him every second.” He told her.

“Well neither can I. Especially since I have to keep an eye on your sister as well.” She added while a tiny baby inside a pink stroller and wearing a pink dress sucked on a bright pink dummy. Like her brothers she also had ginger hair and freckles on both of her cheeks but she had light-brown eyes instead. That’s when suddenly she spit out her dummy and started to cry.






“Oh dear me.” Mrs. Weasley began while wrinkling her nose and sniffing the air. “Come on Ginny, let’s go find your father and tell him that you need changing.” She said while gently lifting her daughter up inside her arms and carrying her away while Harry and Severus got in line for the dragon ride.







That’s when all of a sudden a bleached blonde haired kid cut in front of him and pushed him out of line making Harry start to cry and Severus just simply narrowed his eyebrows and glared at the boy. “Shh,.. it’s alright Harry.” Severus reassured him soothingly while he picked him up and started gently bouncing him up and down.






“Don’t you dare push my kid around like that!” Severus spat and suddenly he was amazed at his own words. Since when was Harry his child? Sure he loved Harry very much, but he wasn’t his son. He belonged to Lily. “Where are you parents anyways?” He inquired while he started looking around the room but didn’t see anybody else that looked like him unlike the Weasley family where everybody looked exactly alike.







Severus was starting to get angrier by the minute. It was bad enough that the kid pushed Harry, but he was also apparently left unsupervised even though he appeared to be Harry’s age as well. “Umm,.. Harry, why don’t we get you something to drink or something? I brought your sippy-cup.” He told him as Harry just silently nodded and sniffed before Severus carried him away. Later on he would worry about the other boy, but right now he just needed to find a way to calm Harry down.