Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Family Matters
Before they knew it Severus, Lily, Harry, and baby Sarah were all back at Hogwarts. Lily was delighted that Sirius could attend Harry’s second birthday party and Sarah’s christening. However, she was still adjusting to managing two children who were too young to even attend nursery school yet. Thoughts of her sister and her nephew were still often on her mind.







She just hoped and prayed that Petunia would heed her advice and get out of the current abusive relationship with her husband. At the current time Severus was having troubles of his own. For after his first potions class of the year, Stevie stayed after class to speak with him at his desk. Severus slowly gazed up at her from his quill.





“Is there something that you wish to speak to me about?” He questioned her with uncertainty when suddenly a really rather worried and nervous glance grew onto her face.





“Yes,.. it’s about my parents.” She began.






“Well, what about your parents?” He wondered.






“I really want to be on the Slytherin Qudditch team. I want to tryout for the part of the seeker but I don’t think that my parents will let me.” She explained and an utter look of confusion fell over Severus’ face.






“Ah, I see,.. is it because they are worried about you?” He questioned her with uncertainty.





“Well my mother is, but my father,.. well he’s a muggle and he hates anything that has do with magic or the wizarding world.” She explained.






“Well you will find that unfortunately a lot of muggles are like that. My so__” Severus began. “I mean Harry has an uncle that despises him and his mother and I assume his baby sister for that reason alone.” He explained.






“You were going to call Harry your son.” Stevie realized.





“So what if I was? He’s as good as and I love him like he’s my own.” He told her.
“Well, have you told Lily that?” She wondered.





“No, but I do believe that she already knows and what business of yours is it anyways?” Severus questioned her back while eyeing her suspiciously and raising an eyebrow at her.






“I’m sorry Uncle Severus, I just want Harry to have what I don’t as he deserves a father.” She told him.






“Yes, but so do you and even though he’s a muggle at least you still have one.” Severus pointed out but Stevie was already leaving his classroom. “Stevie?” He questioned with uncertainty more confused than ever.





Later on, that evening at the dinner table Severus decided to tell Lily about what had happened. Harry was big enough now that he didn’t need his highchair any longer and was sitting in his booster seat instead while Sarah laid inside her playpen out in the living room.





“Harry eat your pizza.” Severus told him while pointing over at his slice of pepperoni pizza sitting in front of him but he just simply shook his head at him.





“No,.. too hot.” He told him.





“Then go ahead and blow on it like this.” Severus instructed before he demonstrated causing Harry to giggle and smile at him before doing it himself.







“Good boy.” Severus replied while smiling rather warmly and lovingly at him before ruffling his hair.




“So Severus what did you want to talk to me about?” Lily wondered.





“Ba!” Harry exclaimed excitedly as Severus suddenly let out a chuckle.





“Is your name Severus?” He questioned him.





“No,.. Awee.” Harry replied as he picked up his sippy cup and started to drink his milk. Severus continued smiling at him before kissing his head softly and then taking a deep breath.



“It’s just that I’m worried about Stevie. I have a feeling there’s something going on then she just isn’t telling me.” He told her.





“Really? Like what?” She wondered.




“I think she’s having problems at home. I’m thinking of sending an owl home to her parents to see what’s going on. In the meantime, I think that all she needs is encouragement as she wants to try out for the Slytherin Qudditch team. From what Madam Hooch has told me she’s got mad skills on a broomstick and trust me I’m not just being bias because she’s my niece and she’s in my house. If you don’t believe me talk to Madam Hooch yourself.” He explained.







“It’s alright, I believe you.” Lily began. “And maybe you should an owl home to Stevie’s parents just in case. In the meantime, do you want to put Harry to bed tonight? It might help you take your mind off of things.” She told him.




“I’d love to put him to bed. Does he need a bath tonight?” He wondered.





“No, but I really should give Sarah one as she hasn’t had one in a while. Don’t worry about it though, I can handle that.” She assured him when suddenly the baby began to cry.





“Speaking of Sarah, my nose is telling me that she needs to be changed.” Severus told her.





“That’s where I do believe that your nose is right.” Lily said before she got up from the table and went to go to tend to her baby.


………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….





As soon as Severus got Harry changed into his pajamas, he sat down next to him on top of his bed. “Where is Heaven?” Harry questioned him out of the blue and Severus just simply looked at him for a few moments.




“It’s up in the sky.” He replied.




“Can people fly?” Harry asked him as Severus was silent for a few more moments.




“Uh yes,.. I suppose so.” Severus began. “What’s with all of these questions all of a sudden?” He wondered.




“I want to visit. I want to see my daddy.” Harry replied.




“Oh,.. I see what this is all about. I’m sorry Harry but it just doesn’t work like that.” Severus told him.
“Why not?” Harry questioned while glancing up at him innocently.





“I’m afraid that it just doesn’t. Heaven is a place that you go to when you die and your body stops working. You’re only two years old and you still have a long life ahead of you.” He explained.






“I still want to visit him! I wanna see my daddy!” Harry cried as tears started pouring out of his eyes and rolling down his cheeks.






“Come here.” Severus said while he pulled him into a hug and kissed his head. “I love you Harry, and if you want to you can think of me as your father. That way you can have two fathers that love you very much instead of just one alright?” He questioned him softly.





“Okay.” Harry replied with a nod and a sniff as he cuddled up beside him and laid his head down on top of his chest. Severus kissed his head again before he opened up the book and started reading to him.