Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Stevie's Secret
Chapter Thirteen: Stevie’s Secret




That night Severus waited until both Harry and Sarah were asleep before he headed down to the owlery to send a message to Stevie’s parents. The following day he met her in the Great Hall at lunchtime and sat down a crossed the table from her.





“Stevie, there’s something very important that I want to talk to you about.” He began.





“It has to do with Qudditch doesn’t it?” She questioned him.





“Yes and no. Since you brought it up though I really think that you should tryout for the team.” He told her.





“I can’t,” she began before heaving a sad sigh. “my mum and dad won’t allow it.” She told him.






“Now don’t you worry about your parents, I already sent them an owl explaining everything.” He said and that’s when suddenly to his complete and utter shock and horror she quickly rose to her feet.

“You did what!?” She cried. “How could you!?” She yelled making Severus raise a questioning eyebrow at her.





“I wanted to help you and I thought that you would be happy. Madam Hooch says that you have so much talent with a broomstick.” He explained.





“Yes, but now my father is going to use my broomstick for a different reason!” She sobbed and that’s when suddenly it was Severus’ turn to rise to his feet.





“What are you talking about? What reason?” He questioned her but she just quickly turned her head away from him.





“Forget it, it doesn’t matter anyways.” She replied with a sniff.

“Is he going to use it to strike you?” He asked her and that’s when she quickly turned her head back over to look at him and silently nodded with another sniff as she brushed away her tears. “Why didn’t you tell me?” He wondered.






“Cause there isn’t anything you can do to stop it anyways, so why should you worry about it?” She questioned him back.






“Oh yes there’s something that I can do.” He began with a nod. “I’m your uncle and teacher and you are my niece and student. I’m not going to let him hurt you anymore if it’s the last thing I do. I promise” He assured her.





“Thank you but what are you going to do about it?” She wondered.




“I’m going to go speak with the headmaster about this immediately.” Severus replied before quickly turning away from her and exiting the Great Hall.






When he got there Dumbledore was busy holding Sarah inside his arms and feeding her a bottle. “Ah, hello there Severus.” He said while grinning up at him.






“How did you get stuck as being Sarah’s babysitter?” Severus wondered while raising a questioning eyebrow at him but this time it was Dumbledore’s turn to act surprised.







“I didn’t get stuck as being Sarah’s babysitter. Lily had to put Harry down for his nap and I volunteered to give her a hand since Sarah just woke up and needed to be fed.” He explained. “Anyways, what seems to be the trouble?” He questioned him while Severus shut the door behind him.


“Well it seems as my student and niece Stephanie Wilde is currently in an abusive situation and I was wondering what could be done to get her out of it.” He said.






“Ah I see.” Dumbledore began while giving a slight nod. “Well, since Stevie’s father is a muggle then I’m afraid that there isn’t much that can be done. Just like we can’t really do much with Petunia’s and Dudley’s situation.” He explained.





“How did you know about that?” Severus wondered.





“Lily trusts me enough to confide in me for most of her troubles.” Dumbledore began. “Anyways, it is up to the police to handle this matter.” He told him.






“I can’t just stand by and let this happen though. I’ve been there myself before.” Severus began before he took a deep breath. “I want to try and apply for guardianship. I’m already watching over two children and I really don’t think it’ll be that much trouble to take in one more. Especially since she’ll be an adult in a couple of years.” He said.






“Well, that’s very kind of you Severus but that is something that you’ll have to discuss with Stevie’s mother.” Dumbledore told him while Sarah suddenly she decided that she had enough to eat and Dumbledore brought her up to his shoulder to burp her.






“I never realized how good you were with infants.” Severus remarked as Dumbledore began to gently pat her back.





“Well they really aren’t that complicated to understand. They live a pretty simple life and they’re pretty simple minded. Adults on the other hand,.. they’re as complicated and complex as it gets.” He told him as Sarah began to fuss since she still had a gas bubble inside of her.



“Yeah, well good luck. Sometimes it takes forever to get her to burp.” Severus told him as Dumbledore just simply smiled at him as he continued to pat Sarah on the back.






“It appears that these children have quite the effect on you Severus.” He pointed out just simply stating the obvious as Sarah finally let out a tiny belch.






“Yeah well, just don’t expect me to change too much. Now I have to go check on Lily and Harry before I go back to lunch.” Severus told him before quickly turning around and exiting the headmaster’s room.










Later on, that afternoon Severus brought Harry down to the Qudditch Pitch to watch his niece’s tryouts. It was at that moment that Harry decided to make a mess in his diaper. “Oh come on Harry, you couldn’t do this before we left?” He questioned him but Harry just simply started picking his nose in response. “No Harry, that’s icky don’t do that.” He told him while pushing his hand away from his nose and then decided to lay him down beside him to change him and Harry started picking his nose again.







“Harry that’s gross you don’t do that. You ask for a tissue if you need one.” Severus told him while pushing his hand away again and this time Harry started to fuss, but Severus figured that it was more for his diaper change then being scolded and he simply just rolled his eyes and heaved a heavy sigh while he continued unbuttoning his pants and unzipping them. “The joy’s of being a father to a two-year-old.” He said to himself while removing Harry’s pants and starting to undo his diaper.
To be continued...