Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
Here, in this chapter it finally talks about James. (I'm especially pointing that out to my one reviewer.)
Last Minute Requests
The next morning Harry sat upon Severus’ lap while drinking his bottle as he also had a plate of cereal out in front of him. “Is that good Harry?” He questioned him while smiling rather warmly down at him. “You know what? It turns out that I’m not the last member of my family after all. I’m an uncle and I have a half-sister named Claire and a niece named Stephanie.” He told him while recalling the letter that his student had given him the previous night.







Harry just simply glanced up at him while continuing to suck on his bottle. “You don’t seem all that impressed.” Severus began as Harry finally sat his bottle back down on top of the table. “Well, I don’t blame you. The fact that you’re going to be a big brother is probably a lot more exciting than that.” He said.






“Mm ba!” Harry exclaimed as Severus smiled warmly at him and then gently kissed the top of his head while he started picking up the cereal pieces and eating them. Then Harry made somewhat of a grunt and a questioning noise while holding out one of his pieces in front of his face and offering it to him.


“Is that for me? Why thank you Mister Potter.” He replied with a grinned and leaned forward and opened his mouth allowing Harry to feed him before kissing his head again. That’s when suddenly Lily came out of the bathroom and walked down the hallway. She stopped and smiled at Severus and Harry.





“Good morning.” She began while he smiled back at her.





“Good morning.” He replied with a grin as Harry continued eating his breakfast. “So, how did you sleep?” He questioned her and that’s when suddenly her smile faded and a sorrowful expression appeared on her face.





“Not so well. I had another dream about James.” She told him as the joyful expression on his face suddenly vanished as well.





“Ah,.. I see.” He said and at the moment that she had mentioned James Harry started looking around the room since he had forgotten that his father hadn’t been with him for quite some time now.






“Dada?” He questioned with uncertainty as Lily heaved a sad sigh.






“No Harry, remember what I told you before? Your dada isn’t with us anymore. He went to Heaven.” She reminded him while glancing up at the ceiling before back at Severus and Harry. “Speaking of James, I was wondering if you could do me a huge favor.” Lily began.






“Well I guess that would all have to depend on what it is.” Severus replied.





“Well,.. I’ve finally finished making the funeral arrangements and I was wondering if you could watch him for a few days while I go visit my other family and friends.” She said.






“The only so-called family of yours that I’m aware of that you have is that silly muggle sister of yours and her brainless husband.” He said while Harry swallowed his food and then started blowing raspberries. “See? Even Harry knows that he’s an asshole.” He pointed out.






“Severus please, I beg of you to watch your mouth in front of Harry. I really don’t want him growing up and thinking that that sort of language is alright.” Lily said.







“Just wait until he’s a teenager. He’ll be talking like that anyways. Especially around his friends.” Severus pointed out as Harry went back to eating. “Anyways, I suppose I could watch him, but I think that it should be rather obvious by now that I don’t have much experience with babies.” He told her while Harry finished up the rest of his cereal and started drinking out of his bottle again.



“Well you could have fooled me as I’ve watched you with Harry and you really are good with him.” She told him. “Oh and by the way, Petunia isn’t all that bad. We’re still on speaking terms we just haven’t ever really been close.







When it was discovered that I was a witch it just made things worse between us, but you can blame that all on jealousy. I just hope that the new baby will be a witch or wizard or they might have the exact same relationship with Harry and I really don’t want that for my kids as I really want things to be much better for them.” She said. “I really want what’s best for them.” She added.







“I know you do.” Severus began. “As that’s always been apparent from day one. And believe it or not so do I.” He told her. “It’s also really rather apparent that Harry’s in fact a wizard. Not only from the prophecy, but I honestly don’t think that he would have survived the killing curse if he was a squib.” He pointed out.





“Oh yeah, Harry’s a wizard alright.” Lily began when suddenly Harry scrunched up his face and grunted and started making pooping noises. “Then again, he’s also just like any other baby as well. I’ll change him since you’ve already done so much for him already.” She said as suddenly Harry finished his bottle and then sat it back down on top of the table while Lily started walking over towards him.








“Come on Harry, Mumma is going to get you all cleaned up and put a fresh nappy on you.” She said as she hoisted him up inside her arms right when he started to cry. “Shh,.. it’s alright baby boy. I got you.” She reassured him soothingly before planting a kiss on his cheek and then carrying him over to the couch to change him.







Later on, that afternoon right before lunch Severus knocked on the headmaster’s door. A few moments later Albus Dumbledore answered it. “Ah hello there Severus, may I help you with something?” He inquired.






“Yes,..” Severus began. “I was wondering if you could possibly watch Harry tomorrow evening. I have finally decided to ask his mother out.” He finished.