Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Mister Mum
Just a quick note: Although I do believe that in canon Fang was born in 1984, I thought that it would be really cute if he and Harry were companions.






The next morning after Lily left to go back home, Severus ventured down to Hagrid’s cabin. Harry was playing outside with his everlasting bubbles while Fang frolicked around him and started licking his face, wagging his tail, and making Harry burst into a fit of giggles. Severus smiled warmly and lovingly at him.







“Ah hello there Professor, I’m sorry but I didn’t see you there.” Hagrid apologized as he quickly got to his feet. “I take it that Lily has left then already.” He said.






“Yes and I have come to bring Harry back to my place for the weekend.” Severus explained.







“You would be really wise to do that.” Hagrid began with a nod. “I’m sure he’ll like seeing the Qudditch game later this afternoon and not only that, but tonight The Great Hall is going to be filled with a crowd full of screaming witches.” He told him but Severus just simply raised a questioning eyebrow at this. Seeing the confused look on Severus’ face, Hagrid continued on.






“Blimey, you mean that nobody has told you that it’ll be The Dragons’ first performance?” He inquired.






“Well just who or what exactly are The Dragons?” Severus wondered.



“They’re a new singing group. Aaron Parker and a few of his friends recently formed them. From what I hear now your niece is trying to throw together her own singing group.” Hagrid replied while Severus walked over to Harry and then bent over to pick him up.






“That’s utterly ridiculous.” He began. “Hogwarts is a school and a place of learning. Not a stadium.” He told him.






“Well if you want to get technical it’s not really a daycare center either, but I know that you’re only keeping Harry here to keep him safe.” Hagrid pointed out. That’s when suddenly as if on cue as soon as his name was mentioned, Harry started to fuss. “Aww,.. what’s the matter with the little tyke?” Hagrid questioned him.






“He’s wet.” Severus began. “Do you mind if I go inside for a moment to change him?” Severus questioned him back.




“No, not at all.” Hagrid replied while Severus started carrying him back inside.







“Alright buddy, it’s going to just be you and me for the next few days. Your mummy had some business to take care of.” He explained while lying Harry on top of the couch and started to unbutton his pants and hush him to soothe his crying.



…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………




Later on that afternoon for lunch, Severus decided to take Harry into Hogsmeade. “You should consider yourself lucky Harry.” He began to the small child who was currently riding inside his stroller and sucking on his dummy. (Pacifier) “Not too many witches and wizards get to come here until they’re thirteen.” He told him.






That’s when suddenly they passed a group of Gryffindor girls. Severus rolled his eyes because he already knew what was going to happen. “Oh my goodness! That’s Harry Potter!” One of the girls exclaimed. “He’s so cute!” Another witch cried.






“Wait a minute guys, we’re not supposed to talk about him remember?” One of the Gryffindor girls with auburn hair, light brown eyes, and freckles on both of her cheeks spoke up.







“Yes,.. Miss Clarke is in fact correct. Five points to her, but ten from all the rest of you. If I hear another word out of either of you then I won’t hesitate in throwing you in detention.” Severus said and that’s when all of a sudden Stephanie started running towards her.






“Ah, hullo there Stevie.” She began with a grin.



“Hey Carly, I know that you’re saving your money towards getting a new broomstick so I figured that we could share.” Stevie told her but Severus just simply looked at his niece questioningly.






“Thanks Stevie.” Carly replied while continuing to grin at her. “It isn’t any wonder why you’re my best friend.” She said.





“Stevie??” Severus inquired while raising an eyebrow at her.





“Yeah, it’s my nickname and the name that I prefer to be called. Just like I call Carly Cece.” She explained.






“That’s because my full name is Carla Charlotte Clarke.” She told him.






“Ah I see.” Severus began. “Well try telling that to somebody who cares.” He finished before continuing to push Harry’s stroller towards The Hog’s Head.



……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….



Severus finished removing Harry’s clothes and he carried him inside the bathroom where a bathtub full of water and foamy bubbles was waiting for him. Hagrid was indeed correct that he had loved the Qudditch game earlier and now he was about to do the second most thing in the whole wide world that he enjoyed. “Bath!” Harry squealed in excitement while pointing over at it. Severus chuckled as he shut the door.







“That’s right Harry, Bath time.” He told him while setting him down inside the tub. Then he withdrew his wand and levitated all of his bath toys into the tub beside him. “First Snappy has to wash you though.” He told him while he sat on the toilet and then leaned over towards the tub as he poured a cup of water over the top of Harry’s head.



He made sure to place his hand in front of his face when it came to scrubbing his head with soap and then rinsing it again. Once Severus finished washing and scrubbing his body, he let Harry play in the water for a few minutes. His favorite toy was his blue rubber ducky that swam and quacked like a real duck.






Eventually it was time for Severus to pull the plug and get him out of the tub. “Say bye-bye water.” Severus instructed while he wrapped him up in a towel and started to rub him dry.





“Buh-bye!” Harry exclaimed with a wave as Severus smiled at him and then kissed his cheek before he started diapering him up again and put his pajamas on. Harry drank his bottle while he sat upon Severus’ lap while he read to him a wonderful story called “Stormy The Sea Dragon.”






It was one of Harry’s favorites because the little boy in the story was named Harry as well and he had found Stormy as an egg and raised him since he was an orphan. As time grew on Stormy was starting to get way too big for his fishbowl, aquarium, and bathtub so that’s when Harry knew he had to release him back into the wild. However, he had promised him with a tearful goodbye that he would be back to visit Stormy and he kept his promise even when he became a man and had his own children and eventual grandchildren.




By the end of the story Harry was fast asleep on his lap. That’s when suddenly Severus was reminded of how quickly Harry was growing up. Pretty soon it would be Christmas and then he would be nearing a year and a half, and pretty soon after that he would be two years old and would finally find out what it would mean for him to become a big brother. Severus decided right then and there that he would be there for all of it and even more.






“I love you Harry.” He whispered softly while smiling warmly down at him. “And I promise you that I will always be there for you and protect you with my life.” He told him while setting his bottle down upon his nightstand and then he slowly stood up and placed him up at his shoulder as he carried him over to his crib. Harry laid his head down on top of it and Severus softly kissed it before laying him down inside the crib and covering him up with his blanket. After that he quietly shut off the light and left the room.