Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks for all of your great reviews, constructive criticism and feedback! Here's the next chapter!! :D
Two Is Better Than One
Well, before he knew it Severus was celebrating his first Christmas with Lily and Harry. Harry got tons of sweets to eat along with tons of toys and games to play with. His new favorite toy was a dragon that he could ride on and it even flew a bit higher than his toy broomstick. He also loved his pretend chocolate frogs that if saying the proper incantation (Animaranae) you could magically turn into a game of leapfrog.






The months flew by and Easter came and went and then it was time for summer vacation and Severus took Lily and Harry back to his house for the summer. Lily had her baby shower, but she decided to keep the gender of her new baby a surprise. (Mostly because Harry was way too young and didn’t know how to keep secrets yet.)







Then it was finally the day of Harry’s second birthday. That morning while Harry was still asleep Lily went to the store to start getting everything ready for his party. “Snappy I’m awake!!” Harry cried from his crib in which Severus could hear through the baby monitor.

Just then suddenly Severus opened the door and entered his nursery with a wide grin on his face. “Well, well, well,..” he began. “if it isn’t the birthday boy himself. Guess what?” He questioned him.





“What?” Harry questioned him back.





“Your mother and I have been talking it over and we have both decided that since you’re a big boy now that it’s about time that you had your very own bed.” He told him as Harry let out a rather loud and astonished gasp and widened his eyes while his mouth fell wide open. “So you and I are going to take the Knight bus into town since your mother currently has the car and then we’ll grab a bite to eat and then get you a bed.” He explained while he bent over and then hoisted Harry up inside his arms.







That’s when he suddenly wrinkled his nose and sniffed the air. “Then next on the agenda will be to get you potty trained.” He said as he carried him over to the changing table to change him.




……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..




Harry was fast asleep taking his nap while Lily started decorating the house best to her ability since she was fully nine months pregnant now. “Do you need any help?” Severus questioned her.






“No, that’s alright, I got it Severus,.. but thank you very much.” She explained when suddenly she put a hand on her belly. She felt as though she had just had an accident in her underpants that was now leaking throughout the back of her pants and onto the ground. Severus widened his eyes as he had just witnessed what happened.






“Uh Severus, I don’t quite know how to tell you this but I do believe that my water just broke.” She told him.





“You’re going into labor!? Now!?” He exclaimed with incredibly and disbelief.





“Shh,.. you’ll wake up Harry.” She told him but it was already too late as Harry opened up his bedroom door and walked down the hallway to see what was going on. Severus quickly raced over to him and scooped him up inside his arms.






“Umm hey bud, guess what? Mummy is about to give birth to your new little brother or sister, so Aunt Petunia is going to come over here and watch you while I take her to the hospital.” He told him.






“I thought that you didn’t like my sister.” Lily said while wincing in pain from having another contraction.





“I don’t but right now we don’t have an awful lot of options. I’ll give her a call while you grab your bags.” Severus told her while carrying Harry into the kitchen and then he grabbed the phone off the wall with his free hand and began dialing Petunia’s number.


…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..



Lily laid inside her hospital bed with sweat dripping from her forehead. Even with her epidural she didn’t remember being in this much pain when she was giving birth to Harry. “It’s alright Lily, you’re doing great.” One of the healers reassured her while Severus dabbed at the sweat on her forehead and then grabbed her by the hand and squeezed it tightly.






“It’s alright sweetheart, you can do it!” He cried. “Now push!” He instructed and Lily closed her eyes, clenched her teeth and let out a few more sharp pushes. Suddenly she heard the cries of her newborn baby for the first time.






“It’s a girl!” One of the healers exclaimed excitedly while tears of joy rolled down Lily’s cheeks and streamed down Severus’ face as well. “Would you like to cut the cord?” She inquired as Severus happily accepted even though she wasn’t his biological daughter. Severus peered down at the baby girl for the first time. He couldn’t believe how big and beautiful she was. She hardly had any hair, but there was no mistaking that it was bright red.


Severus cut the cord while the baby continued shrieking her lungs off. That’s when one of the healers began cleaning her off before placing her on a scale to weigh her. “Seven pounds exactly.” She replied before wrapping her up in a tiny pink and yellow baby blanket and then placed a small pink beanie on top of her head before giving her to her mother.






The baby finally stopped crying and opened up her bright blue eyes for the first time. “She looks exactly like I did when I was a baby.” Lily said while smiling warmly down at her daughter as she started to suck her thumb and Severus did as well.






“So what’s her name?” He wondered.





“Her name is Sarah because she’s my little princess. Sarah Winifred Potter.” She told him as Severus smiled at her.


“I love it.” He began. “And I already love her, and I’m sure that Harry will as well as soon as he sees her.” He said.





“Oh yeah he will. Especially when he finds out that from now on he’ll be able to have two birthday cakes.” She began with a giggle.






“No wonder why they say that two is better than one.” Severus said teasingly before they both exchanged smiles and a passionate kiss on the lips.