Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Printer The print whole story view may not work for longer stories.
[Reviews - 54] starstarstarstarstar
[Contribute to Round Robin]
Summary: During the 19th century London, Harry Potter falls down the chimney of the apothecary of one Professor Severus Snape; bringing with him dire inconveniences.

But not every family is found in blood, and not every story follows the same path. For Harry, Snape and Draco, the truth has never been harsher.

A Severitus AU, one without magic. A/N: Slow edits.

Awards:
Story Notes:
I don't like Rowling and this is a partial love letter to what the series could have been.

Rated 16+ for mature themes concerning 19th century London, such aschild abuse, racism and problems regarding physical and mental illnesses. Note: Hiatus, indefinite.
Table of Contents

1. Down the Chimney Hole by Tedi [Reviews - 5] starstarstarstarhalf-star (4357 words) Printer

Edit: Thank you, Ms B, for your edits.

I started writing this when I was 16. I was young, my writing abilities were terrible, and I wasn't mature enough; which makes it safe to say this book isn't going to be your best read. It gets gradually better, of course, but it's the truth. If you have any comments you wish to tell me about accuracy (racial, historical, etc etc) , please please go ahead. I cannot fix something I didn't know was wrong in the first place.

2. The Tarnished Chimney Flue by Tedi [Reviews - 5] starstarstarstarstar (4729 words) Printer

First of all, thank you so so much for the positive reviews! It's what drives me to write this story!

Second of all, thank you to Absinthe, my beta reader, who's suggestions helped the story immensely. Edit: This chapter has gone under minor editing, with much love and care from B Enjoy :)

3. Friends, Nightmares and Enemies by Tedi [Reviews - 3] starstarstarstarhalf-star (5244 words) Printer

TW for PTSD nightmare.

Many thanks to Absinthe, my beta reader, and Ms B for her edits.

Enjoy :)

4. A Ticket for a Mistake by Tedi [Reviews - 4] starstarstarstarstar (5008 words) Printer

TW for a trigger, around where the jar drops. You'll understand as you read along.

Edit: Thank you, absinthe for the beat read; and Miss B for her wonderful edits :)

This chapter has been edited on 09.02.2021, after a round of research into the accuracy of automobiles and busses. The bus no longer has an engine, and is horse drawn.

5. The Boy at Diagon Alley by Tedi [Reviews - 2] starstarstarstarstar (5253 words) Printer

The dates are deliberately written as such in the following chapter. I know it's wrong, but we'll learn why in chapter six, which is also complete. Enjoy :)

Thank you once again, to my Beta Absinthe, who's efforts are far more than this story deserves.

Edit: This chapter has been edited on 12.02.2021, thanks to Ms B's efforts. Thank you :)

6. The Healer Takes a Stand by Tedi [Reviews - 2] starstarstarstarstar (5123 words) Printer

Mild tw for unintended self-harm.

Thank you, absinthe, for your edits.

7. The Return of Professor Snape by Tedi [Reviews - 5] starstarstarstarstar (5341 words) Printer

We've all been waiting for this, haven't we? :)

Thank you to Absinthe, my beta, for her continuous efforts.

Hope you all enjoy. ;)

8. Rebuilding Foundations by Tedi [Reviews - 2] starstarstarstarstar (5322 words) Printer

In this chapter, you'll find that I put some details into hygine, and Harry declares his opinion on the matter in one line. This is because, well I don't know if you guys looked at 19th century hygine, England was dirty. I mean, really dirty. Fish and drink water from the same place the drainage pours to dirty. Survive surgery but die because the surgeon didn't wash his hands dirty. So what Snape, Aisha (and Uluthando, in the previous chapters) did is revolutinary. And necessary if they don't want to die.

This also explains the line of the water closet and water filter. It reads a bit awkward, but necessary for the reader to understand the 1874 period. Aisha is also Muslim, a religion that highlightes hygine/cleanliness as the half of belief, so I had to put that in.

Also, the Ottoman Emire, which was stıill standing at the time, was really one of the cleanest state of the world. So please excuse me when I take some examples of what they did and incorparate it into the story as to make sure the characters survive to face Voldemort.

Sorry for the long note. Enjoy the story!

9. Love Thy Enemy by Tedi [Reviews - 2] starstarstarstarstar (5253 words) Printer

Sorry for the delay. My laptop was at repairs and unfortunately wont be coming back. I have to make do with my phone. Enjoy :)

10. Weighing One's Worth by Tedi [Reviews - 4] starstarstarstarstar (4761 words) Printer

Ever heard of slowburn? Of course you have. But have you considered the term 'slowburn adoption'? I have after taking a stroll in tumblr and let me tell you, it's the tag I've been searching for because I like seeing my readers suffer.

And by readers, I mean myself first of all. :,)

Anyway, enjoy. ^^

12. The Almost Apologies by Tedi [Reviews - 1] starstarstarstarstar (4446 words) Printer

TW: Flashback and self-harm.

I don't know why, but I've forgotten to credit my beta the last few chapters. So thank you, absinthe, for all your efforts.

12. The Guests of Malfoy Manor by Tedi [Reviews - 2] starstarstarstarstar (5976 words) Printer

Thank you, absinthe, for your edits. :)

13. Strangers Don't Make Good Guests by Tedi [Reviews - 2] starstarstarstarstar (5336 words) Printer

Thank you so much, absinthe, for improving yet another chapter.

I apologise for the late publishing. Writer's block was particularly cruel this week. :,D

Enjoy!

14. The Ferret Child by Tedi [Reviews - 1] starstarstarstarstar (4808 words) Printer

Thank you, absinthe, for your edits!

Forgot to say this earlier, but some parts are taken from the books. Descriptions of the manor, for example.

15. The Sick Irony by Tedi [Reviews - 1] starstarstarstarstar (4447 words) Printer

What a year this week has been, eh? Congrats to my USA readers. I wish you (and the world) a good four years.

Thank you, absinthe, for your edits. ^^

16. It's Pronounced Dumbledore by Tedi [Reviews - 1] starstarstarstarstar (5121 words) Printer

We're back! I sincierly apologise for the delay. I haven't mentioned anything, but we've been occupied with other matters. Thank you all for the wait.

Also, I've published a work on my ao3 account @tayyibesteatutorials, where you can find seperate severitus fics/ficlets, as well as a work containing my original work.

As usual, absinthe has done many great edits.

Happy reading. ^^

17. History, as Told by Dumbledore by Tedi [Reviews - 1] starstarstarstarstar (4341 words) Printer

Thank you, absinthe, for the edits. :)

The amount of maths it took me to get the dates to be accurate should have been less than half an hour.

Spoilers: It wasn't. But! Accuracy achived. Well done, author, we're expecting the same effort for you exams come December.

TW for mentions of killing and racial prejuadice and grief.

One of the biggest canon divergence of the books if you don't, you know, count the whole...story. Any female chracter has not attended Hogwarts before 1850 (books 1969) Ie Molly Weasley, Narcissa Malfoy etc.

18. The First Step, as Paved by Dumbledore by Tedi [Reviews - 1] starstarstarstarstar (5128 words) Printer

Thank you absinthe for your great edits.

And this week in "I should have planned this better and have little idea what I'm doing": Edit: Clarified some things in the chapter.

19. The Way of August 30 by Tedi [Reviews - 1] starstarstarstarstar (5572 words) Printer

Thank you, absinthe, for your relentless edits. You guys won't believe some of the things I've managed to put in the rough draft.

TW: self-harm, flashbacks

Some parts were taken and modified from the original PoA.

Enjoy :)

20. The Adults Take a Tumble by Tedi [Reviews - 1] starstarstarstarstar (4690 words) Printer

Thank you, absinthe, for the edits. :)

Some parts were taken from the original PoA book.

Enjoy!

21. Foretold in the Paint by Tedi [Reviews - 1] starstarstarstarstar (5096 words) Printer

Thank you, abcinthe, for the edits.

Some parts were taken from the PoA book.

Enjoy. :)

22. Hogwarts, the New and Diffrent (pt 1) by Tedi [Reviews - 1] starstarstarstarstar (5470 words) Printer

*blows a kiss* For my beta reader, absinthe, for fixing up this chapter that I am still not happy with.

Some parts are taken and modified from the original PoA.

Enjoy, and please excuse me for the delay. :)

23. Hogwarts, the New and Diffrent (pt 2) by Tedi [Reviews - 1] starstarstarstarstar (5517 words) Printer

Thank you, absinthe, for your edits; and em, for untangling the plot point that has been bothering me for the longest time now.

Some parts we're taken and modified from the original PoA

I've been a bit under the weather lately, as well as drowning under studies/work. The untimely writer's block is no help lol. Please excuse the lack of quality this chapter presents.

24. Luna's Ink Stains by Tedi [Reviews - 1] starstarstarstarstar (5381 words) Printer

We apologise for the delay in publishing.
Thank you, absinthe, for your edits.

25. The Monster In Greenhouse Three by Tedi [Reviews - 1] starstarstarstarstar (5170 words) Printer

Thank you, absinthe for your edits

The angst ensues. Also, tw for more descriptive than usual flashbacks and self-harm. There is a part that might be interperted as romantic, but rest assured it is not.

Enjoy :)

26. You're Worth Some Afterall! by Tedi [Reviews - 1] starstarstarstarstar (4056 words) Printer

Thank you all for the wait :) This chapter took a lot of my time, so I hope you didn't think I forgot about you all XD.

Thank you, absinthe, for the much needed edits.

27. Strange, Silent, Slytherin by Tedi [Reviews - 1] starstarstarstarstar (6080 words) Printer

Thank you, abtinthe, for your edits.

28. Lie Among the Snakes by Tedi [Reviews - 1] starstarstarstarstar (5286 words) Printer

Thank you absinthe, for your edits.

Note: Last chapter, during class, Snape says '8 weeks'. It was meant to be 4 weeks instead.

Enjoy.

To be continued...
Tedi is the author of 0 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 8 members. Members who liked Of Herbs, Crowns and Soot also liked 245 other stories.

Disclaimer Charm: Harry Potter and all related works including movie stills belong to J.K. Rowling, Scholastic, Warner Bros, and Bloomsbury. Used without permission. No copyright infringement is intended. No money is being made off of this site. All fanfiction and fanart are the property of the individual writers and artists represented on this site and do not represent the views and opinions of the Webmistress.

Powered by eFiction 3.5