Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Printer The print whole story view may not work for longer stories.
[Reviews - 15] starstarstarstarhalf-star
Summary: Harry James Potter grew up knowing two very important things: his family was kind of famous in the wizarding world, and his biological father died with honor in battle when Harry was only three-years-old.

Desperate to save his family after learning about the prophecy, James decided to take the Dark Mark; figuring he couldn't defy the Dark Lord as a loyal Death Eater, right? This simple change allowed Lily to survive but he died in the battle allowing Voldemort to take over the Wizarding World.

Harry's now sixteen years old and growing up as a Death Eater's son under Voldemort's oppressive regime has challenged him in ways no one expected, most of all his stepfather, Severus Snape. With the war on Muggles on the horizon, Harry - determined to fight - and Snape, doing whatever possible to keep Harry safe from the prophecy while coming to terms with his own guilt over James's death, must find a way to come together to rid the world of the Darkest Wizard of their time.

Inspired (not exactly) by the challenge Hard Choice by: Lon Wolfgood where James Potter shocks everyone when… he takes the Dark Mark.

Completely AU, no horcruxes, mentor/adoption story, no slash.

Rated: T
Warnings: Character Death, Drug use, Out of Character, Profanity
Series: None
Challenges: None
Published: 11 Oct 2020 - Updated: 07 Nov 2020
Awards:
Story Notes:

This is a completely non-canon AU about what would happen if James took the Dark Mark to avoid defying Voldemort a third time. It's very much a Harry & Snape story, and will be told swapping between their POV (designated by HP for Harry and SS for Snape) about how they need to come together to find a way to rid their world from Voldemort. Keep in mind that since this is AU, the characters may need OOC, but only where appropriate for their new environment. This is going to be a bit of a darker story than my last one and hit on a lot of heavy topics as I explore a world that was taken over by Voldemort.  

DISCLAIMER: I do not own anything from Harry Potter or its universe. That all belongs to JK Rowling. If you recognize it, then it doesn't belong to me. As I said in the summary, this idea came from a challenge the Hard Choices Challege (Lon Wolfgood) and while I didn't follow the challenge exactly, it was where the main idea came from. I don't read AU stories often, so any similarities to any other story are purely coincidental.

Table of Contents

1. Chapter 1: Prologue by JewelBurns [Reviews - 4] starstarstarstarhalf-star (1544 words) Printer

2. Chapter 2: Trouble in Paradise by JewelBurns [Reviews - 2] starstarstarstarhalf-star (5732 words) Printer

3. Chapter 3: A Whole Different World by JewelBurns [Reviews - 2] starstarstarstarhalf-star (6540 words) Printer

4. Chapter 4: Brimstone Nova by JewelBurns [Reviews - 2] starstarstarstarhalf-star (7276 words) Printer

This should be the last chapter really setting up the universe and explaining how things work in under the new government.

5. Chapter 5: The Missing by JewelBurns [Reviews - 1] starstarstarstarstar (9699 words) Printer

6. Chapter 6: The Gala Situation by JewelBurns [Reviews - 1] starstarstarstarstar (10549 words) Printer

7. Chapter 7: The Baking Frenzy by JewelBurns [Reviews - 1] starstarstarstarstar (9003 words) Printer

8. Chapter 8: The Missive by JewelBurns [Reviews - 1] starstarstarstarstar (6093 words) Printer

9. Chapter 9: The Internship by JewelBurns [Reviews - 1] starstarstarstarstar (7371 words) Printer

To be continued...
JewelBurns is the author of 3 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 5 members. Members who liked Finding Common Ground also liked 541 other stories.

Disclaimer Charm: Harry Potter and all related works including movie stills belong to J.K. Rowling, Scholastic, Warner Bros, and Bloomsbury. Used without permission. No copyright infringement is intended. No money is being made off of this site. All fanfiction and fanart are the property of the individual writers and artists represented on this site and do not represent the views and opinions of the Webmistress.

Powered by eFiction 3.5