Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Story Notes:
The ship for this story is Snupin and I don't own Harry Potter; J.K. Rowling does.
Prologue
In Western England, in the small town of Spinner's End, Cokeworth, there was a family called the Snapes.

The father, Tobias Snape was an alcoholic and abusive man who took his anger and frustration out on his wife and son. He almost always came home drunk and was almost never sober. Spending all of his money on drinks never left much more for other necesseties, so the small family had to make to with what they had.

Eileen Snape, born Eileen Prince, is the wife of Tobias. She ran away from her family because she was pregnant and didn't want to marry the person her parents set her up with. Her husband hit her and her son frequently, but she usually took the brunt of the beatings to protect her six year old son.

Severus Glacier Snape is the six-year-old son and child prodigy of Eileen and Tobias Snape. His father usually beats him whenever he's drunk, whether it's whipping or nearly drowning him. The child has glistening emerald eyes that usually held fear and he flinched whenever someone that wasn't his mother touched him. One night before he drifted into unconsciousness, Severus whispered a prayer tearfully, "Please, someone save me. Please, Lady Hecate (sniff!), send someone to take me away and raise me properly."

Lady Hecate, the Mother of Magic, heard his prayer and appeared in his bedroom. Severus saw the glow and woke up in shock. The Goddess of Magic was in HIS room! Scrambling out of bed, he kneeled before the deity. But what he didn't expect was for Mother Magic to chuckle and gently lift his chin up to look her in the face. "At ease, child. I heard your prayer. The reason I came was that I wish to raise you myself. Do you want me to adopt you, Severus Glacier Snape?" the glowing woman gently asked.

Without thinking, Severus launched into her arms and started bawling his eyes out in relief and happiness. Now, he has a new parent to call his own and keep him safe. "Thank you...Mummy..." Severus whispered before drifting off to sleep in his new mother's warm arms. Lady Hecate smiled at him before vanishing to her realm with the child in her arms.

(Five years later)

Severus is now eleven years old and has gotten his Hogwarts. He's grown and prospered under Hecate's care. His nose no longer has a hook in it and his hair is no longer greasy. All the scars that were dealt to him by his father have fully healed and faded away perfectly. Now, he's with his mother in Diagon Alley to get his school supplies.

Severus looked up while holding her hand. "Mummy? Where are we going first?" he innocently asked.

Hecate could just coo at the innocence of her adoptive son. If only he could stay this innocent forever. "Well, sweetie, we're going to Gringotts first to collect your inheritances first. I already adopted you legally, but I wanted to adopt you by blood as well."

Severus couldn't help but beam at her, making his eyes glow with happiness. His birth father's blood will be cleaned from his system and only his birth and adoptive mothers' blood will flow through his veins.

They entered the bank and came up to a desk where a goblin clerk waited for them. "Welcome to Gringotts Bank. I am Metalclaw. How can I help you two today?" Metalclaw asked the duo at his desk.

Hecate spoke up and picked Severus up, he was reaching up for her to carry him. "I am Hecate, Goddess of Magic and my adoptive son, Severus. I'd like a blood adoption ritual, inheritance test,and a withdrawal done, please."

Metalclaw almost had a heart attack when the goddess made her request. He instantly called for a ritual room to be opened and a goblin called Sharptooth.

Inside the ritual room, Hecate put a droplet of her blood into the potion and gave it to Severus. He drank the potion and waited for it to take effect and when it did, the only things that changed were his hair, that turned white, and his nose turned into a teeny-tiny button nose. His eyes were big doe eyes and his hair grew to below his shoulders and in short, he looked absolutely adorable. Especially when he pouted.

"Oh, Sev!" Hecate cooed as she took in her son's new look. "You look so cute!!". That just caused him to pout adorably, making them all laugh.

"Now, let's get the inheritance test done." said Metalclaw. He handed Severus a knife and parchment and told him to place seven drops of blood onto it.

(Name: Severus Glacier

Mother (blood adopted): Hecate

Blood status: pureblood

Inheritances:

Ravenclaw (heir)

Prince (heir)

Magic (Prince and heir)

Merlin (heir)

Creature: Phoenix/Siren

Heirlooms: Ravenclaw's diadem, fire opal crown, etc.

Vaults:

900 (100,000,000G, 70,000S, & 20,000K)

600

1092

400

Total: 10,000,000,000,000

Properties:

Ravenclaw Castle (Anchorage, Alaska)

Ravenclaw Hall (London, England)

Eagle Manor (Madagascar, Africa)

1/4 Hogwarts (Scotland)

Prince Manor (Manchester, England)

Witches' Moon (York, England))

Severus was in shock. He was the heir of Ravenclaw, Prince, Merlin, and Magic!!! Then, he noticed that his mother wasn't here, but when she reentered the room, she was carrying a fire opal crown.

Hecate placed the crown on his head and it glowed, proving that Severus was her heir in blood and magic.

For the rest of the day, Severus and Hecate bought the rest of his school supplies and as a treat, he was given a peregrine falcon and a snowy owl; two birds of prey for messaging and companionship.
Chapter End Notes:
I'm sorry if this is crude, but I'm trying my hardest.