Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Chapter 1
POTTERS ARE ALIVE!

Yes, you heard it right, readers! This reporter just got word and proof that Lily and James Potter are alive! But the question on everyone's minds is, where have they been all these years? Albus Dumbledore gave his word that there was nothing to worry about? But how can we trust what he says when he left our beloved Savior abandoned at the hands of abusive Muggles? Stay tuned to find out more!

Article by Rita Skeeter



A raven haired man sat the newspaper onto the dining room table and sighed, earning the attention of his wife and son.

"Are you alright, Severus?" the woman asked, looking up from her meal at her husband. Severus looked at his wife and replied, "I'm fine, Aurora. I'm just a little shocked to find out that Potter and his wife are alive."

The child, a little boy with doe green eyes and shoulder-length black hair, spoke up, "Papa, you can tell us what's really going on. Mummy and I won't judge you for it; that's what family is for, remember?"

Aurora and Severus had to smile softly and chuckle. How in the name of Merlin did they get so lucky to have a son like him? Aurora rubbed a hand over her flat stomach and thought, 'Soon there'll be another one joining the family'.

Aurora walked over to Severus and placed a hand on his shoulder. "It's okay, Sev. You don't have to tell us anything until you are ready to tell us. When you decided that time, we'll be with you the whole step of the way. Understand that Lazuli and I love you for you and not for your deeds, past or present, but for you and you alone," she said, effectively putting her husband's worries at ease as he laid a hand on hers. He gave her a warm smile that made his midnight blue eyes shine brightly.

Suddenly, Lazuli remembered something. "Mummy, aren't we supposed to go to Diagon Alley and get my school supplies?" he asked.

Aurora nodded as she agreed to her son's question and after clearing the table, the family of three headed towards the floo. "LEAKY CAULDRON!!" Severus shouted and threw down the powder, disappearing in emerald flames.


Arriving in the Leaky Cauldron, Tom directed them to the entrance to the Alley, and they got to shopping. For their son's birthday, Severus and Aurora gifted him with a snowy owl and an emerald tree boa that he named Hedwig and Anemone respectively. When they got to Madam Malkins' to buy school robes, there was a boy with light blond hair tied in a low ponytail getting fitted for robes.

"Hogwarts, dear?" the witch asked, earning a nod in return. "Splendid! As soon as I finish with this young man, I'll get right to you. Ah, hello Lord and Lady Prince. Last time I saw you, you were just students getting your school robes as well."

The boy on the platform looked at Lazuli and introduced himself, "I'm Malfoy. Draco Malfoy. Oh, hello Uncle Sev. Auntie Aurora. You must be my godbrother Lazuli, then?"

Lazuli nodded and knew that the two of them were going to get along really well. Little did he know was that he and Draco were going to get the biggest surprise of the school year.

Lucius and Narcissa Malfoy eventually made it to the robe shop just as Lazuli was finishing up his measurements. "Ah, Severus. Fancy seeing you here, old friend. And is this little Lazuli? You've gotten so much bigger than the last time I saw you!" Narcissa commented as she took in her now eleven year old godson.

Since both boys had finished gathering their school supplies, their parents decided to treat them to ice cream at Florean Fortescue's. But, on the way there, they ran into Lily and James Potter.

"Severus? Severus Snape?" Lily asked in shock as she reached out to hug her childhood friend, only for him to back away from her and bring Aurora into his arms.

Severus bitterly said, "It's LORD Severus RAVENCLAW-PRINCE, now, Evans. Or should I say, Lady Potter? Congratulations, Potter. You finally got the girl of your dreams, and I lost the only other person besides Narcissa that I loved like a sister. I'm married to the love of my life and I have a son that I love very much. You chose your path, and I've chosen mine. Voldemort was the father figure that I always wanted and adopted me when I was 13, so I'm also the Slytherin heir. Again, you chose your path, and I've chosen mine. Goodbye, Lily."

With that, he turned around and left for the closest apparation point to return to Eagle Manor, the rest of his family following suite, leaving a shocked James and a tear-stricken Lily frozen in place.

Back at the Manor, Aurora, Lazuli, Lucius, Narcissa, and Draco arrived in the sitting room and found Severus staring at a photo of him and Lily as children with silent tears streaming silently down his pale face.


Lazuli and Draco immediately ran over and hugged him tightly, whispering that it was alright. Eventually, Aurora sat her husband down on the couch with their son in his lap, Lucius, Narcissa, and Draco on the other side.


"Severus, I don't mean to pressure you, but I think it's time to talk about how you feel. Come on honey, you'll feel better if you get it off your chest," Aurora gently insisted while grabbing his hand.


Severus took a deep breath before speaking to his loved ones.

(A/N: Lazuli, Aurora, Severus, Lucius, Narcissa, Draco, and their descendants were blessed with the gift of Parseltongue by Mother Magic)


With his wife's hand in his own, Severus began explaining. "As most of you know, Lily and I grew up together, but contrary to popular belief, I wasn't in love with her romantically, but in a brother/sister type of way. I did accidentally call her a 'mudblood' , but I was angry and humiliated at the time, and then she called me 'Snivellous'. I was blamed for everything that went wrong after that, until I attempted to take my life near the last day of school. Aurora found me and brought me to Madam Pomfrey, who transferred my to St. Mungo's Hospital and I was placed on suicide watch. It was your mother, Lazuli, that helped me recover. I eventually got over Lily, and I started dating Aurora. We married after graduation and four years laters, we rescued you from the Dursleys and adopted you, raising you as our own. It was the Halloween Night of 1981 that I thought Lily was dead," Severus recalled, and there wasn't a dry eye in the room when he finished.

Lazuli shot into his father's lap and sobbed into his chest as he mumbled, "I love you, daddy," over and over again. Eventually, the whole family fell asleep in the parlour with the children comfortable in Severus and Aurora's arms.

Outside the Manor, a woman smiling warmly flashed briefly in the stars, a sure sign of luck and longevity.
To be continued...