Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Printer The print whole story view may not work for longer stories.
[Reviews - 12] starstarstarstarstar
Summary: After his friends abandoned him last Christmas Harry learned to stand up for himself, and learned he had friends in more places than he had imagined. Now Harry’s finding it hard to forgive Molly and Sirius for the way he feels they abandoned him. All Harry has ever wanted is a family, and he’s struggling to reconcile the meaning of family with those who claim to love him most. A Sequel to All I Want For Christmas. This story is part of the series, All I Want For Christmas. The previous story in the series is All I Want For Christmas.

Takes Place: 7th summer Chapters: 3
Snape flavour: Canon Snape, Snape Comforts, Snape is Kind, Snape is Stern Completed: Yes
Categories: Healer Snape, Teacher Snape > Trusted Mentor Snape, Teacher Snape > Professor Snape, Teacher Snape > Unofficially teaching Snape Genres: Angst, Drama, Family, General, Hurt/Comfort
Tags: None Word count: 21218
Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), McGonagall, Molly, Remus, Ron, Sirius Read: 11035
Rated: 16+
Warnings: Neglect, Suicide Themes, Violence
Series: All I Want For Christmas
Challenges: None
Published: 02 Oct 2021 - Updated: 08 Oct 2021
Awards:
Story Notes:
I wasn’t going to write a sequel, but a lot of people expressed interest in seeing the issues between Harry, Sirius and Molly be handled.  A couple of people expressed disappointment in me for having Harry forgive his friends so easily in ‘All I Want For Christmas’.   I believe in forgiveness (not necessarily for every scenario but for most).  Forgiving and forgetting aren’t the same thing.  Harry didn't forget as he promised Ron he would never let that happen between them again or let Ron get away with that sort of behavior again.  Carrying around the burden of hurt and hate is oftentimes more harmful to the person carrying those feelings than the one those feelings are aimed at.  Forgiveness is one way of letting those things go.  Forgiving doesn't always mean forgetting and acting as though it never happened.  In ‘All I Want For Christmas’ for Harry and his friends forgiveness meant growth for all of them.  Going about life never forgiving those who have slighted or wronged us is a miserable way to live and I didn't want that for Harry.  Harry didn't want that for himself when it came to his friends.  He wanted the ordeal to be ‘over with’.  With that being said, it isn’t always easy to forgive those who have hurt us, especially if wary that it will happen again, and forgiveness doesn’t always happen quickly, as we will see is the case between Harry and the adults he feels have let him down.
Table of Contents

1. The Letters From Molly And Sirius by JAWorley [Reviews - 5] starstarstarstarstar (4896 words) Printer

You should really read "All I Want For Christmas" (by me, as there is another story of the same name by someone else), before reading this story as this is the sequel.

2. Scars Remind Us The Past Is Real by JAWorley [Reviews - 3] starstarstarstarstar (5675 words) Printer

3. When You Come Home by JAWorley [Reviews - 4] starstarstarstarstar (10647 words) Printer

The End.
JAWorley is the author of 61 other stories. This story is part of the series, All I Want For Christmas. The previous story in the series is All I Want For Christmas.
This story is a favorite of 16 members. Members who liked In Need Of A Family also liked 969 other stories.

Disclaimer Charm: Harry Potter and all related works including movie stills belong to J.K. Rowling, Scholastic, Warner Bros, and Bloomsbury. Used without permission. No copyright infringement is intended. No money is being made off of this site. All fanfiction and fanart are the property of the individual writers and artists represented on this site and do not represent the views and opinions of the Webmistress.

Powered by eFiction 3.5