Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Printer The print whole story view may not work for longer stories.
[Reviews - 28] starstarstarstarhalf-star
Summary: “Severus!” Albus called through the rocks. He hoped the young wizard was merely blocked from accessing the outside part of the collapse. “Severus, are you all right?”

Takes Place: 6th summer Chapters: 4
Snape flavour: None Completed: No
Categories: Reverse Roles > Parental Harry Genres: Drama, General
Tags: Alternate Universe, Baby fic, Deaging, Snape-meets-Dursleys, SuperPower! Harry Word count: 13870
Main Characters: Dumbledore, Ginny, Hermione, Luna, McGonagall, Neville, Other, Ron Read: 15156
Rated: T
Warnings: None
Series: None
Challenges: None
Published: 02 Feb 2005 - Updated: 05 Nov 2005
Awards:
Story Notes:

Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter nor any of the characters created by J.K. Rowlings. I do like to borrow them for time to time to star in the little plots that run through my mind.

Author’s Note: I know, I know. I have two Harry Potter fics pending, two for other fandoms and a challenge I myself issued (Inuyasha/Harry Potter), to write. For anyone interested go to my Inuyasha site the challenge is in the forum. Still this idea started popping up in my mind almost since I posted chapter two of Apprentice that’s about three months ago. Lately -meaning last week and part of this one or the beginning of February- the muses have been relentless. This means I have to write it, and did write a lot on paper. To my complete horror this same week someone posted a similar idea on the Severus/Harry or the Harry/Severus searches (grrrr I wanted to the plotline to be original, but someone beat me to it!) I’m probably not going to update often (I rarely do anyway) but I just had to get this off my mind or go crazy.

I don’t have a clear idea where I want to go with this one, though I do have a slight tendency to have subplots to the same plot and this one so far has at least a couple so far. Still, I’m going to let it flow and see what comes up. This won’t be slash either. I don’t think I can write it, but since I don’t know where this story is going, well… let’s leave all options open.

Going back to the theme of being original, about a month ago I came upon a story in ff.net that deals with the same although in a completely humorous way, it had me laughing to tears in parts. It’s by Celeste and the name is ‘Three Gryffindors and a Baby’. For the sake of this plot I probably won’t read the other Snape is a baby fics, at least until I finish this one. Anyway, there goes my idea of writing something not done yet. Still, that does not mean I won’t write this story.

This story won’t be humor since I can’t write it well and there are differences in the theme I want to deal with. I also won’t make Harry a brat, like he was portrayed in book five. I just don’t believe the change in character from the previous books to book five was sufficiently justified (my own and a friend’s opinion, and everyone has a right to disagree with this).

Warnings:

- I don’t believe I can call this completely AU (Alternate Universe) since it deals with Harry’s sixth year, and well the book has not been out yet. Still, I think it’s very unlikely JK Rowlings would use this kind of plot for her next installment of Harry Potter.

- Not a native English speaker writing.

- Characters might be Out Of Character (OOC) actually, Severus will be (obviously since he’ll be a baby

- There will be spoilers for all five books.

Table of Contents

1. Even Potions Masters Have Accidents by animealam [Reviews - 4] starstarstarstarstar (1458 words) Printer

2. What Have You Done To Yourself My Boy? by animealam [Reviews - 2] starstarstarstarstar (2079 words) Printer

Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter or any of the characters created by J.K. Rowling. I do like to borrow them for time to time to star in the little plots that run through my mind.

Author’s Note: Sorry for not updating when I promised guys. I got ill for a while and was unable to work on the computer.

I also discovered some inconsistencies in my timeline for this story and apprentice and I worked on correcting them. It was not two days into the break, but actually two weeks that’s the only change. I had it originally plotted like that and did not realize the mistake on the chapter when I typed it.

I don’t have a beta for any of my stories anymore so if any of you guys are interested e-mail me at the e-mail in my profile.

I also have several plot bunnies that have been driving me nuts besides this one, and for one of them I need a British beta that knows a bit of the slang used in London area, anyone interested drop me a line and I’ll give you a summary of the basic plot.

And don’t worry my other stories are going to be updated soon, Apprentice (if I finish proof-reading it today) and Unexpected Child (although it’s taking me longer than I would like to get it going despite having so much of it on a notebook).

3. You're twinkling Albus, should I start to worry? by animealam [Reviews - 3] starstarstarstar (3780 words) Printer

Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter, or any of the characters created by J.K. Rowling. I do like to borrow them for time to time to star in the little plots that run through my mind.

Author’s Note: Well, finally here is the third chapter. I hope you like it. To get this out as soon as possible it is not betaed.

Notes on my other fics: Letters, Truths and Hope will be updated later today, as I have several chapters already finished. I’m keeping to posting once a week to have time to get ahead with more chapters. Unexpected Child is still on hold until I’m happy with what I have already typed. Apprentice was updated this week so there might not be another update for another week or two.

4. You Want ME to do WHAT? by animealam [Reviews - 19] starstarstarstarstar (6553 words) Printer

Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter or any of the characters created by J.K. Rowling. I do like to borrow them for time to time to star in the little plots that run through my mind.

Author’s Note: Sorry for the delay guys, the muses seemed to want to take a little summer vacation and have flown somewhere warm and with a beach, probably the Caribbean or Bora Bora (and they didn’t take me, the ingrates).

Anyway, I finally managed to extract some creativity from them and put together this chapter. Since it took me so long to update, this chapter is not betaed. I hope you enjoy it.

Notes about my other fics:

Apprentice’s next chapter will be up soon hopefully. I lost the chapter, it was almost finished and I really have no idea what happened to it since the file is empty, there but empty. So I have to re write it from scratch, and I don’t have many notes on it. Then I have to send it to Aphy to beta.

I already uploaded chapter six of Letters. Next chapter won’t be up for at least another week even though it’s already finished. I’m going to check some of the offers I got for betaing and send it for corrections before I upload it.

Some good news for those that were following Unexpected Child, finally, FINALLY!!!! I seem to be getting somewhere with the next chapters, so I’m probably going to be updating it soon.

To be continued...
animealam is the author of 4 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 21 members. Members who liked Second Chance also liked 1153 other stories.

Disclaimer Charm: Harry Potter and all related works including movie stills belong to J.K. Rowling, Scholastic, Warner Bros, and Bloomsbury. Used without permission. No copyright infringement is intended. No money is being made off of this site. All fanfiction and fanart are the property of the individual writers and artists represented on this site and do not represent the views and opinions of the Webmistress.

Powered by eFiction 3.5