Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Printer The print whole story view may not work for longer stories.
[Reviews - 97] starstarstarstarstar
Summary: After the Battle, the only thing that Harry wants to do is rest, but he notices that there is something that he needs to do first: bring Snape's body back to Hogwarts. Ron and Hermione will be there to help him, while they deal with the effects of the war and learn to find hope where there seemed to be none. Once they find out that certain Potions Master is not as dead as they thought he was, things will start to change. (Snape!Lives)

Rated: T
Warnings: Panic attack
Series: None
Challenges: None
Published: 13 Oct 2021 - Updated: 18 Mar 2024 New!
Awards:
Table of Contents

1. Something left to do by CleganeSnape [Reviews - 4] starstarstarstarhalf-star (2058 words) Printer

2. At the infirmary by CleganeSnape [Reviews - 6] starstarstarstarstar (8283 words) Printer

Hi, everyone! I wanted to say that English is not my first language so please let me know if there is anything that doesn't sound right or I made an mistake somewhere.
Thank you so much for reading and I hope you enjoy this chapter! :)

3. Waking up by CleganeSnape [Reviews - 4] starstarstarstarstar (5678 words) Printer

4. A good day by CleganeSnape [Reviews - 3] starstarstarstarstar (1710 words) Printer

5. A crazy idea by CleganeSnape [Reviews - 5] starstarstarstarstar (5520 words) Printer

6. Getting closer by CleganeSnape [Reviews - 7] starstarstarstarstar (2680 words) Printer

Hi! I've changed the format of the writing, from - to "". I hope it's easier to read now and more enjoyable too.
Anyway, have a good day and good reading!

7. A comforting presence by CleganeSnape [Reviews - 3] starstarstarstarstar (6045 words) Printer

Hi everyone, I'm back :) This chapter is quite long so I hope you like it and that it was worth the wait. I'm now settled in my new house so I should be updating a bit more often. At least let's hope so!

8. It's worth it by CleganeSnape [Reviews - 2] starstarstarstarstar (3118 words) Printer

Hello everyone, I hope you are well. I have some bad news... My mother passed away two months ago. It was completely unexpected because she was young (she was 50) and she wasn't sick or anything. We are all devastated but there is nothing to be done, and I know she would have wanted me to keep on living, even if it hurts.
I am telling you this because this story deals with issues that were once just fiction but are now part of my day to day life. I don't know if I will be able to continue writing. I would like to, but maybe it will be too much for me. I don't know yet. I have managed to finish this chapter, because I had already written half of it and I felt like I wanted to upload it as a tribute to my mother. Please, if you get along with yours, hug her and tell her that you love her.
A mi madre. Gracias por todo, mamá
Te quiero y sé que siempre estarás conmigo

9. The message by CleganeSnape [Reviews - 3] starstarstarstarstar (3673 words) Printer

Hi everyone, I've decided that I'm going to continue this story for the time being. I've had Covid and that has left me with free time to think and write and I've found that it helps me to do so. So, I'll keep writing as long as it does. Thanks for all the comments and support. I'm doing a little better, although every day is a question mark and I never know when I'm going to be feeling bad or good.

I hope you like the chapter. Lots of love

10. At Hogwarts' grounds by CleganeSnape [Reviews - 2] starstarstarstarstar (2346 words) Printer

Hello everyone, I'm back :) This is a shorter chapter than usual because the next one will be quite long. It might take me a while to post it because I want it to be perfect, so I might rewrite it a hundred times before I'm satisfied... But because I don't want to make you wait so long, I've decided to upload this even if it's a bit short. Well, I hope you like it!

11. At the Burrow by CleganeSnape [Reviews - 2] starstarstarstarstar (5999 words) Printer

Hello everyone! Here is the next chapter. I hope you like it :) It's longer than the last one, as promised. I feel like I'm being more consistent with my writing. Before, I used to write many hours in one day and then nothing else for weeks. But these last few months I got the habit of writing for a couple of hours almost every day when I come home from work and it's going better. Let's hope it continues! And I also hope you like the chapter!

12. The funeral of Fred Weasley by CleganeSnape [Reviews - 2] starstarstarstarstar (4830 words) Printer

Hi, I hope you're well. I've taken a bit longer to write this chapter for several reasons. The first one is that during the holidays I went back home and it was quite hard to be there without my mum. Then, when I came back, I didn't feel like writing too much because I was sad and without much energy. The second reason is that I've started an internship in a lab and it's quite a tiring job that leaves me almost no free time. But well, I think I just need to get used to it and organise myself better. Little by little :) So, I hope to have more energy and free time in the next months because when I'm well (or even bad) I really enjoy writing. Anyway, I'll stop boring you... I hope you like the chapter :)

13. The Resurrection Stone by CleganeSnape [Reviews - 3] starstarstarstarstar (4018 words) Printer

Hello everyone, I hope you're well :) I've taken a bit longer to write this chapter because of what I told you in the previous one. I'm doing an internship in a lab and it leaves me quite exhausted and with almost no time at the end of the day. And if we add to that being an adult: shopping, cleaning, walking the dogs, spending time with my partner or friends... I have almost no time for myself. Besides, a few weeks ago it would have been my mother's birthday and that also made me very sad and unmotivated to do anything. But well, now that it's over I feel a bit better.
Anyway, I hope you like the chapter :)

14. Saying goodbye by CleganeSnape [Reviews - 5] starstarstarstarstar (4636 words) Printer

Happy 2023! I hope you are well and that the holidays went as good as possible. Mine were sad and stressful but also beautiful in their own way...

This chapter was a bit difficult to write because, apart from the subject at matter, I wanted to do justice to a moment that I know has been on the horizon for far too long... Anyway, I hope you like it and that it was worth the wait :)

15. A day to do whatever we want by CleganeSnape [Reviews - 4] starstarstarstarhalf-star (5957 words) Printer

Hello everyone! This time it took me less time than usual to write the next chapter and I'm pretty happy about it :) I wanted to tell you that I don't know when I'll be able to update again because I have to hand in my thesis in a month and a half. Ahhh! Maybe I will have time and I will be a bit irresponsible and I'll update in a couple of weeks. Although I shouldn't do it... But hey, you never know..
Another reason why I might not update as fast as I would like to is because in a few weeks it's gonna be the anniversay of my mum's passing... And the truth is that I will probably be sadder than usual and without much motivation to write. But well, as I said before, who knows? Maybe I will surprise myself and actually update in a couple of weeks. We will see...
Anyway, I hope you're well and that you like this new chapter, in which we finally see our favorite potions master again :D

16. At Snape's home by CleganeSnape [Reviews - 5] starstarstarstarhalf-star (6249 words) Printer

Hello again! I hope you are well. Sorry for taking so long to update but, as I said before, it's been quite an intense few months. First there was the anniversary of my mother's death and then I had to hand in my thesis and defend it... But in the end everything went well and I managed to graduate and with a very good grade! After all that has happened this last year, I have to admit I was really proud of myself. Oh, also, I wanted to tell you guys that I got a job. It's only part time while I figure out what I want to do with my life but luckily that will also give me time to write more. So I should update a bit more often, hopefully!
Anyway, I hope you like this new chapter :)

17. The funeral of Remus and Tonks by CleganeSnape [Reviews - 4] starstarstarstarstar (7427 words) Printer

Hi! Yes, I know it's taken me several months to update again, sorry! What happened is that I started writing the next confrontation between Snape and Harry, but 1) I wanted it to be perfect so I wrote and rewrote it a thousand times and 2) once I was more or less satisfied, I started writing the previous part and realized that it was turning into a very long chapter, so in the end I've divided everything into three parts. The good news is that the next two chapters are almost finished. I want to make some small changes and add things that occurred to me while I was writing this one, but (in theory) I should have them up in no time.
Oh, I forgot, another reason why I've been late in updating is that I went on vacation and now, when I came back, I caught the covid... Again... I'm not too bad but being in front of the computer makes my head hurt, so it may take a little longer to update, but it will be quick, I promise.
Well, I hope you like the chapter and that the wait was worth it :)

18. Of drinkable fire, silver grass and wooden benches by CleganeSnape [Reviews - 5] starstarstarstarstar (7382 words) Printer

Hello, I hope you are well :) I'm fully recovered from Covid, now, but I'm grateful for all the messages you have sent me about it.
As I told you, this update has been faster than usual, and I still have one more chapter that is almost completed, so it shouldn't take long to upload that one as well. But, first of all, let's start with this one here. I hope you like it :)

19. New beginnings by CleganeSnape [Reviews - 5] starstarstarstarstar (5442 words) Printer

Hello! I'm back with another chapter. Of all the ones I've written, this is one of my favorites, so I hope you like it as much as I do :)

20. Waking up in Grimmauld Place by CleganeSnape [Reviews - 2] starstarstarstarstar (4359 words) Printer

Hi, I hope you are well :)
Here's another chapter, I hope you like it! It's a bit shorter than usual because there's a lot of text and little dialogue, but I thought it was important to lay the foundations of this "new normality" that Harry is living in after the War. But don't worry, I have the next chapter almost finished and I'll upload it soon, so you won't have to wait too long.
Anyway, enjoy :)

21. Snape's laboratory by CleganeSnape [Reviews - 6] starstarstarstarstar (5005 words) Printer

Hello again! It's taken me a bit little longer to update because these last few weeks have been chaotic. That has led my partner and I to rethink several things about our future, where we want to live, our respective jobs, etc. We have no doubts about our relationship, but life and responsibilities mean that we have to plan and organize ourselves and that has taken a lot of my time and energy.
But anyway, I'm getting off topic. I wanted to say that, although this chapter is a bit intense, personally it has been one of the ones I have enjoyed writing the most. So I hope you like it too :)

22. Gringotts by CleganeSnape [Reviews - 4] starstarstarstarstar (6322 words) Printer

Hello everyone, I'm back. It's taken me a while to update because the truth is that these last two months I haven't been doing good. I've been quite sad and unmotivated and almost without energy to write or do anything else but go to work and then do the basic things to survive (buy food, cook, clean, etc). Maybe it's the change of weather, the cold and the few hours of sunshine. Or maybe it's that Christmas is coming and all that it brings, but as I said I have not been well these months. To be honest, I think one of the main reasons why I have been bad is that my mother's birthday was approaching. And I don't know if it's fate or what, but I wanted to update yesterday and in the end between one thing and the other I ended up updating today, which is right on her birthday. So:

Felicidades, mama, estes donde estes. Nosotros seguiremos aqui, celebrandote y recordandote. Te quiero.

23. Knockturn Alley by CleganeSnape [Reviews - 3] starstarstarstarstar (4899 words) Printer

Hello everyone, happy 2024! :) I hope your holidays went great! Mine were better than I expected, fortunately.
I don't know if you remember but a few chapters ago I mentioned that I was in the middle of a stressful situation with my partner, and that we had to decide what to do with our future and where to go, etc... Well, I wanted to tell you that we have come to the conclusion that we want to leave the city we are in now (we moved a little over two years ago) and move back home. We always said that we would want to go back someday in the future and, with the death of my mother, I've realized that I need to be close to family and friends. Not to mention that both my partner and I will have more job opportunities there. So the way forward seems clear.
Everything seems to be pointing in the direction of home, which I am very happy about. It will still take a while (we are giving ourselves half a year to do all the paperwork, save money, look for a job, etc) but I am looking forward to everything working out and starting this new period of my life :) I just wanted to tell you this so that if it takes me a little longer to update you know why that is, that's all! Istill have a thousand ideas of things I want to write in this story, so you won't get rid of me so easily hehehe
Anyway, I'll leave you with the chapter now, I've already made you wait way to long... Hope you like it!

24. Borgin & Burkes by CleganeSnape [Reviews - 4] starstarstarstarstar (3235 words) Printer

Hi, I'm back :) One week since the last update, that must be a new record for me hahah
You'll see that the chapter is a bit shorter than usual, though. This is because I've decided to split what I have written in two parts. It was getting too long (almost 25 pages of word in total) and I wanted to make corrections and rewrite things that will take me a lot of time and I didn't want to make you guys wait. Also, the second part of what I've written feels "different" from this first one of Borgin and Burkes, so it seemed like the best idea to split it up.
That's all, I hope you like it :)

25. At the cafe by CleganeSnape [Reviews - 3] starstarstarstarstar (9816 words) Printer

Hello everyone, I hope you are well. This chapter has taken me longer than expected for several reasons. First, the situation I told you about, that we are planning to go back home. The plan is still happening but it's not easy: we have to look for another job, get organised, do a lot of paperwork (I've been living in another country until now), etc. But well, little by little we are doing everything we need to do. The second reason is that this is the longest chapter I have ever written. There's a lot of dialogue in it and that didn't make things easy. I wanted to cut it in half to update earlier, but in the end it felt too forced. So here it is. A 10,000 word monster. I hope you like it :)

26. Diagon Alley by CleganeSnape [Reviews - 1] starstarstarstarstar (5288 words) Printer

Hi! I'm back :) Just wanted to say that I'm doing well, things seem to be more clear about my future and that has helped me be more calm too. We should move around the end of May and I'm really excited (even if a bit scared!). Anyway, hope you guys are okay and that you like the chapter :)

To be continued...
CleganeSnape is the author of 0 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 26 members. Members who liked Coming Back Home also liked 325 other stories.

Disclaimer Charm: Harry Potter and all related works including movie stills belong to J.K. Rowling, Scholastic, Warner Bros, and Bloomsbury. Used without permission. No copyright infringement is intended. No money is being made off of this site. All fanfiction and fanart are the property of the individual writers and artists represented on this site and do not represent the views and opinions of the Webmistress.

Powered by eFiction 3.5