Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Printer The print whole story view may not work for longer stories.
[Reviews - 23] starstarstarstarstar
Summary: Summoned from the canon universe at his moment of death Snape lands in a world where he never delivered the prophecy. While he's adjusting to life as a husband, father to a quirky little girl, and step-father to a different Harry, wizards start disappearing forcing him to put his animosity aside and work with the most unlikely team to help bring down a villain worse than Voldemort.

Rated: 16+
Warnings: Out of Character
Series: None
Challenges: None
Published: 15 Oct 2021 - Updated: 06 Jun 2023
Awards:
Story Notes:

I put together the idea for this fic when I came across a piece of fanart (https://www.reddit.com/r/harrypotter/comments/mk9vju/i_feel_like_snape_would_be_childfree_but_this_is) that refused to leave my head until I started writing an "after story" for it.

Disclaimers:

1) I do not own Harry Potter or anything related to it. If you recognize it, it's not mine.

2) In addition to the fanart I linked above, I was also inspired by the old movie "The Family Man". If you haven't seen it, it's a great heartfelt movie.

3) OOC Warning: This is an AU fic that takes a canon Snape into the AU world so there's definitely some OOC going on given the new situation. That being said, I've always thought the Deathly Hallow's Snape to be OOC compared to the rest of the series, so hopefully it's not too much. 

4) This story features a disabled Harry. His disability is important to the storyline, but won't be a major focus and it will not be cured or otherwise altered in this fic.

Table of Contents

1. Chapter 1: Death by JewelBurns [Reviews - 7] starstarstarstarstar (6975 words) Printer

My usual beta is pretty busy with Smoke & Mirrors, tot dedicate to this project. If anyone knows someone iminterested, please let me know.

2. Chapter 2: Vignettes - The Forgotten Prophecy by JewelBurns [Reviews - 5] starstarstarstarstar (5898 words) Printer

This is the first of a series of "Vignettes" featured throughout this story, which is a combination of the memories I used in Choices and the Interludes from Smoke & Mirrors. As an AU, there are several ways to approach filling in the backstory and for this one I decided to use a series of snippets scattered throughout it. This one is in Snape's POV, but they won't always b. Similar to my Choices universe, they'll relate to what's going on in the surrounding chapters rather than being published in chronological order.

A couple notes:

1) This has a bit of James bashing that's directly related to the AU storyline. James will end up playing a big role in this fic, so this is laying down the foundation for his character.

2) There are very little canon details regarding the prophecy and Snape's account of it. As this is an AU, I pulled whatever details I could and filled in what I needed.

3. Chapter 3: A Whole New World by JewelBurns [Reviews - 3] starstarstarstarstar (6580 words) Printer

4. Chapter 4: Harry's Story by JewelBurns [Reviews - 3] starstarstarstarstar (10627 words) Printer

5. Vignette - Sev and Lily Part 1 by JewelBurns [Reviews - 2] starstarstarstarstar (6067 words) Printer

This vignette should complete the framework for the history of the AU world. There will be more vignettes to help build the character development, but they shouldn't be nearly as information rich as this one.

6. Chapter 6: The Snapes by JewelBurns [Reviews - 3] starstarstarstarhalf-star (7516 words) Printer

It's worth noting that Severus has bits and pieces of the memories of the current AU, but will also get some in chunks as the story progresses. When he references "remembering" something he might not have a full memory of, it's more of a feeling or déjà vu moment - he knows it happened, but doesn't have a picture of it in his mind.

To be continued...
JewelBurns is the author of 3 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 7 members. Members who liked The Forgotten Prophecy also liked 350 other stories.

Disclaimer Charm: Harry Potter and all related works including movie stills belong to J.K. Rowling, Scholastic, Warner Bros, and Bloomsbury. Used without permission. No copyright infringement is intended. No money is being made off of this site. All fanfiction and fanart are the property of the individual writers and artists represented on this site and do not represent the views and opinions of the Webmistress.

Powered by eFiction 3.5