Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Printer The print whole story view may not work for longer stories.
[Reviews - 5] starstarstarstarstar
Summary: After Hogwarts closes due to the petrifications on students and an illness sweeping through Hogwarts, the students are sent home in groups and Professor Snape is entrusted by Albus to take Harry home personally. On Christmas Eve, Snape is surprised to see Potter singing Christmas Carols underneath his window in Spinner's End and brings the child inside with the intention of questioning the child and then taking him home, not realizing he was left in Cokeworth by his horrid relatives. With a letter from the head of the Prince family demanding he come to the Christmas celebrations with his child, Severus decides to pass Harry off as his son in favor of not turning the child over to social services or the Ministry due to his lack of a home. Harry, with no place to go and not wanting to return to the Dursleys agrees to the crazy plan. Can this Christmas be a new beginning for both a man regretting his life choices and child who desires to belong to someone? And how will Harry fare among a pureblood family and in a new school out of his comfort zone? Can the Christmas season make miracles themselves happen?

Takes Place: 2nd Year Chapters: 1
Snape flavour: Canon Snape, Snape Comforts, Snape is Loving Completed: No
Categories: Parental Snape > Biological Father Snape, Fic Fests > Winter fest 2021 Genres: Drama, Family
Tags: Adoption, Child fic, Creature!fic Word count: 5880
Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Original Character Read: 1499
Rated: K+
Warnings: None
Series: None
Challenges: Another School, Just Pretending (For Christmas), Christmas Carols
Published: 31 Jan 2022 - Updated: 31 Jan 2022
Awards:
Story Notes:
This story is an entry for the Winter 2021 Fest. It also answers the following challenges: Another School, Christmas Carols and Just Pretending as well as using the prompts: Snape makes Harry tea, Snape noticing Harry is never dressed warmly for the weather, Students have to go home for Christmas holidays for some reason and Snape has to either drop Harry off at the Dursleys or pick him up there at the end of the holiday, Harry and Snape get caught out in a snowstorm, Hypothermia. Harry and Severus must share body warmth to survive, An alternative winter holiday celebration (Kwanzaa, Hanukkah, Yule, etc)  The title comes from two carols: In the Bleak Midwinter (1872) and  It Came upon the Midnight Clear (1849).
Table of Contents

1. Chapter 1 Winter Carol by moonterra [Reviews - 5] starstarstarstarstar (5880 words) Printer

There was difficulty writing this, but I wanted a reason why school might close and, seeing the second challenge (Just Pretending) and Harry needing to be between 12, 13 or more years old, I decided to alter COS slightly with having two purebloods attacked as I doubted the Board of Governors would care about the attack on a squib's cat, a ghost and a muggleborn.

To be continued...
moonterra is the author of 5 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 8 members. Members who liked Midnight Winter also liked 521 other stories.

Disclaimer Charm: Harry Potter and all related works including movie stills belong to J.K. Rowling, Scholastic, Warner Bros, and Bloomsbury. Used without permission. No copyright infringement is intended. No money is being made off of this site. All fanfiction and fanart are the property of the individual writers and artists represented on this site and do not represent the views and opinions of the Webmistress.

Powered by eFiction 3.5