Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Broomsticks and Owls
It was a long tense moment, as Severus tried to determine what to do. He looked at the child's uncle, and then the child in question. Sure, he could stun them both, and drag this boy back to school, but he'd escape again.

Then there was the fact he suddenly hated the school. Something had to have happened. What it was, he couldn't imagine.

"Potter, I am going to ask you this one time. You better answer me honestly. Why did you run?" Severus asked.

"Why do you care?" He asked.

Severus wanted to roll his eyes, but he resisted the urge. This boy was a cheeky brat. He had a point. Why should severus care if this boy leaves? It would make teaching the rest of those imbeciles easier.

However, Dumbledore wants him back, so he must come back.

"I need an answer Potter." Severus growled.

"Actually, you don't. Leave us alone. Using that wand on us, is illegal. The ministry will have you in azkaban before you know it." Harry said smugly.

severus narrowed his eyes. This was true, but he didn't need his wand. If the boy wouldn't tell him, he'd have to find out himself. He looked Harry dead in the eyes, and concentrated on him.

He seemed to know what Severus was doing, and shifted uncomfortably, trying to think of everything except that night. The detention with Umbridge.

It didn't stop, after he'd written his lines. She didn't. She forced him down into the dungeons, where she'd ruthlessly beat him with chains lent to her by Filch.

She'd done other things too. Things Harry could never speak of. She violated him in ways Severus remembered quite vividly, for when he was young, he'd been abused in such ways as well.

Severus look away.

"She'll pay for what she's done to you, Potter. She will never hurt anyone, ever again. But you must come back to Hogwarts." Severus said.

"No. And I'll be reaching out to the ministry. You have no right to do such things." Harry snapped, retreating inside the house. His uncle followed him, with a look of immense satisfaction.
To be continued...