Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Printer The print whole story view may not work for longer stories.
[Reviews - 135] starstarstarstarhalf-star
Summary: In the summer after fifth year, Harry's done sharing everything. It's his turn to keep secrets, and to lie to protect them.

Takes Place: 6th summer Chapters: 12
Snape flavour: None Completed: No
Categories: Parental Snape > Biological Father Snape Genres: Angst, Drama
Tags: None Word count: 67416
Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Dumbledore, Ginny, Hermione, Arthur, Molly, Original Character, Remus, Ron, Tonks Read: 49243
Rated: T
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys
Series: None
Challenges: None
Published: 03 Feb 2005 - Updated: 05 Nov 2005
Awards:
Table of Contents

1. Away by MollyMorrison [Reviews - 8] starstarstarhalf-star (5371 words) Printer

Disclaimer: I don’t own Harry Potter (nor anything else of any value, literary or otherwise). I am merely borrowing the characters in order to demonstrate how resilient J.K. Rowling has created them. ;-) Oh, and for my own enjoyment! The only thing that is mine is the plot, and any resemblance between it and any future Harry Potter novels is accidental. (Likewise, I apologize for anything I may have inadvertently borrowed/stolen from one of the many incredible Harry Potter fanfics that I have read.)

2. Celebration by MollyMorrison [Reviews - 2] starstarstarstarhalf-star (4928 words) Printer

Acknowledgements: Many thanks go to my beta, kateydidnt, and also to my FF.net reviewers. Thank you all, you kept me writing even when I was sure I was going to get stuck!

3. Interrogation by MollyMorrison [Reviews - 0] (6894 words) Printer

Acknowledgements: Many thanks go to my beta, kateydidnt, and also to my FF.net reviewers. I got a bit of writer’s block trying to write the conversation with Ron, Hermione, and Ginny, but the requests, cajoling, and playful threats (::ducks any flying mangoes::) really helped motivate me! :-D

4. Manifestations and Conversations by MollyMorrison [Reviews - 1] starstarstarstarstar (4557 words) Printer

Acknowledgements: Many thanks to my beta reader, kateydidnt, and also to the many encouraging readers. Thanks also to my FF.net readers who were patient enough to put up with the long wait between chapters. Hopefully the patience was worth it.

5. Houdini Tricks by MollyMorrison [Reviews - 1] half-star (5568 words) Printer

Acknowledgements: Thanks again to kateydidnt, my wonderful beta reader, and also to the many readers who have reviewed these chapters on FF.net. Your encouragement helped me keep writing.

6. Calming Harry by MollyMorrison [Reviews - 1] half-star (4205 words) Printer

Acknowledgements: Thanks again to kateydidnt, my wonderful beta reader, and also to the many readers who have reviewed the past chapters here or on FF.net. Your encouragement helps me keep writing.

7. Psychology and Psychologist by MollyMorrison [Reviews - 1] half-star (8868 words) Printer

Acknowledgements: Thanks again to kateydidnt, my wonderful beta reader for this chapter, and to the reviewers whose encouragement helps keep me writing.

8. Answers by MollyMorrison [Reviews - 0] (4953 words) Printer

Acknowledgements: Thanks to kateydidnt, my beta, and Vinnie, my brother and pre-beta who made sure I didn’t make the males too female!

9. Fear and Freakiness by MollyMorrison [Reviews - 0] (4989 words) Printer

Acknowledgements: Thanks to kateydidnt, my beta, and Vinnie, my wonderful brother who actually write a small portion of this chapter in order to jumpstart me!

10. Weariness and Pain by MollyMorrison [Reviews - 0] (5196 words) Printer

Acknowledgements: This is a long section this time. Let’s see… Thanks to Vinnie, who helped get me jumpstarted several times. Thanks to Dzeytoun, Wishweaver, and Jan for a wonderful roleplay that got me going once again when I was stuck mid-chapter. (Oh and yes, Jan, you made a wonderful grilled cheese sandwich!) And finally, thanks and no thanks to Jan and Katie, who were very encouraging but also very distracting as they role-played with me! ;-)

11. Contrariwise by MollyMorrison [Reviews - 3] starstarstarhalf-star (6252 words) Printer

Acknowledgements: So many people to thank this time. All of my wonderful readers, who have been so patient as I took FOREVER to get this chapter out. Jan, for brainstorming like crazy with me to come up with quotes for the second half of the chapter. Katie, for helping me come up with the punishment in the first place. Star, Corbin, and Tabbi, for putting up with me sending little pieces every few paragraphs and begging them to tell me how I was doing. Thanks also to Dzeytoun and Wishweaver, for reading and commenting on the first draft of the conversation with Snape (which ultimately was completely rewritten, and much to its good, I think). Thank you all!

Previously in Lies:

The magic hit the headmaster and entered into him. Immediately he blinked his eyes open and sat up. “Ah, I see that I underestimated Mr. Potter again. Thank you for your assistance, Severus.”

Snape was staring intently at Harry, who was staring just as intently at the floor. The headmaster seemed to sense the awkwardness. “Is there something wrong?”

Neither spoke. Harry didn’t want to anger Snape, especially now that he knew at least part of his secret, and Snape presumably did not want to admit that he had attacked Harry instead of reviving the headmaster. “Severus? Harry?” Dumbledore tried again.

Gordon spoke up. “He attacked Harry, Headmaster. He cast a spell at him, but I think Harry used some of the energy to wake you up.” He looked torn between anger at the professor who had attacked his student, and pride that Harry had defused the situation so well.

“Is this true, Severus?” Dumbledore asked wearily, looking to Snape. “Nevermind, I won’t ask that question,” he amended a moment later. “What spell did you have the *audacity* to cast at an unarmed student during the holidays?”

“Legilimens, sir,” the usually proud man replied through gritted teeth. He made a last ditch attempt to salvage some respectability in the eyes of the older wizard. “I was testing to see if he had been practicing Occlumency, sir.”

Dumbledore frowned at Snape. “You may go. I will deal with you later. But if I hear that you have even *alluded* to what has happened here in the meantime…” He left the threat unfinished. Snape nodded and stalked from the room quickly.

And now…

12. Breakdown by MollyMorrison [Reviews - 118] starstarstarstarhalf-star (5635 words) Printer

To be continued...
MollyMorrison is the author of 3 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 75 members. Members who liked Lies also liked 1554 other stories.

Disclaimer Charm: Harry Potter and all related works including movie stills belong to J.K. Rowling, Scholastic, Warner Bros, and Bloomsbury. Used without permission. No copyright infringement is intended. No money is being made off of this site. All fanfiction and fanart are the property of the individual writers and artists represented on this site and do not represent the views and opinions of the Webmistress.

Powered by eFiction 3.5