Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Truths and Trials

~ Somewhere in Corridors ~

"Bria, do you know who's all going to be at your dad's tonight?"

"No, he didn't tell me. I suppose just going to be our families including Ann, Jamie, and um...your father."

"Great, more happy go lucky stories about the old days here."

"Hey, I happen to like some of those stories."

"Don't get me wrong, I like them too but, to hear the same stories over and over gets boring. Not to mention I really don't feel like having to deal with Snape just yet."

Bria stopped in her tracks. "Just remember they were originally going to tell you everything tonight so if you have any questions still just ask but also sit there and listen to the answers. Remember I'll be right there next to you if you wish."

"I know but I'm not sure I'm ready for this."

"I'm not asking you to forgive him or anything, just to understand." She said as she got on her toes to give him a quick kiss.

"Come on we're going to be late" Harry took her hand and they knocked on Remus' door.

Dannie opened the door, "Come on in. The guys are in the kitchen."

"This I've got to see" Harry said as he went inside. As he sat down the kitchen he noticed Remus preparing a stuffed turkey while Sirius and Severus were standing around talking. "Well just when I thought I had seen it all."

"Hey don't mock him. You can blame your mum and aunt for this. I remember when Patty and I stayed with her and James, they made us learn how to cook so we did our share of the work all because she refused to let James have house elves." Sirius said

"Besides Harry, how do you think I survived on my own all those years. I had to learn sometime." Remus stated.

"Honestly, he's really not that bad either," Dannie said as she walked into the room. "He just needs to either learn to clean up after himself or quit making such a big mess."

"Luv, what do you think Bria's here for?"

"I don't think so!" Bria said as she sat down on Harry's lap "I'm a guest here tonight." Remus glared at the two who then looked at each other. "Oops, sorry." And she moved to an empty chair.

"Don't worry Moony, Sev and I will clean up."

"Speak for yourself Black, I'm with the kids tonight, I'm also a guest."

"Fine. Be that way."

"I intended on it." Severus said as he and the kids then headed into the family room. Remus then finished dinner while Dannie got some drinks for everyone.

"Sirius, are the twins coming still?" Remus asked.

"Yes they are. I hope you don't mind but I told Ann Marie that she could bring the girls with her."

"No, I don't mind at all. Besides I wouldn't doubt it if Ron tagged along too. By the way, how are they taking the news?"

"Completely different from one another. Ann sat and wanted to talk while looking at the album, now she's taken to shredding napkins, and then Jamie was very angry and wanted to start hitting things."

"I hope you took care of that before he wound up like you did."

"Don't worry, I did. He now has the password to the old weight room."

"What did you do?" Dannie asked Sirius.

"After our 2nd year my dad was killed in an attack at Kings Crossing. Well over the next few weeks I think I busted my hand and arm somewhere around 10 times by beating up the trees in our yard."

"I remember that." Remus laughed "Siri's mum was a medi-witch and kept repairing it. After the eighth time she stopped using charms to heal him so she put a muggle cast on him. Then as soon as it was hardened he went out and busted the cast but also the few remaining bones that hadn't been broken before. You never did tell us how she kept you from going after that tree again."

"She used charms to weigh my arms down and then only lifted them at meal times. I even tried body slamming that damn tree but just dislocated my shoulder. By the time all the bones were healed James, Remus, Severus, and Albus had put up the weight room for me to use."

"And after all that you are teaching, now this is a scary thought. I'm going to go save the kids from Severus. Here you go." Dannie said as she tossed Sirius a dishtowel.

"Sirius, I know the kids are coping but are you alright? I know you went and visited with her while you were away."

"Hey, of coarse I'm alright. I have you guys and the kids to get me through this. Besides you don't see any broken bones do you."

"No but I do see that you have broken off all the branches from the sapling in that pot next to you."

"Oops, sorry about that. Just a minor set back."

"Don't worry about it."

All of a sudden there was a commotion in the family room. They guys finished setting the table and greeted the new arrivals. "Hello kids, glad you made it. Just in time for dinner." Remus said.

"Good I'm starving." Ron announced.

As Harry and Bria passed their friends on the way back into the kitchen Harry whispered. "Warning, Remus did the cooking tonight."

"Harry!" Bria shouted.

"Geesh, I'm just teasing him."

"Hello Professor Lupin, thank you for inviting us."

Please, it's Remus outside the class Hermione. There are no professors here tonight, alright?"

"Strange but yes I suppose it's alright."

Finally everyone was piled around the dinner table and passed the food from one direction to another. As dinner went on with a little to much silence between everyone finally Sirius said, "So Bria, I've been meaning to ask you all day. What happened to make poor Chad spray you not once but twice with his juice yesterday morning?"

Harry started snickering but Bria elbowed him and asked, "Ok, before I answer were you telling the truth about there not being any professors here tonight?"

"Of coarse. School formalities end once inside the teacher's wing. Why do you think students usually aren't allowed here."

"Well since then I cannot get detention or lose any points by saying this," Bria stopped to take a deep breath then she moved closer towards Harry to make more distance between her and where Severus was sitting. At the last minute she noticed Ron, whom was sitting across from her, reaching for his drink. "Don't you dare touch that drink. I am not taking another snot shower." Ron jumped and immediately pulled his hand back.

"Gabriella. Stop avoiding the story." Dannie ordered.

"Yes ma'am. Anyway, we were on our way to breakfast and Chloe was telling me how mean and cruel Professor Snape is."

"But he is mean." Said Ginny. "Especially towards us." Hearing that Severus just smirked at the girl.

"Well anyway I tried to make her understand that I never knew him to be like that so I said," Bria took another deep breath and continued, "So you mean he doesn't run around the forest in a loin cloth chasing bunnies yelling 'Oogie Woogie'?, and the next thing I knew Chloe and I were drenched and Chad had a pumpkin seed stuck in his nose."

"Bria, I cannot believe you said that." exclaimed Dannie.

Everyone else just laughed while Severus glared at her and said. "So this is how you play huh? Just you wait I will get even."

"Wait a second, you agreed that there were no professors here tonight." Bria whined.

"Oh that is true and I still agree but you stay in this area during the weekends and holidays and I know your father and Sirius most definitely won't deny me any Marauder style paybacks."

"Honey I hate to agree with him but you have now become fair game. Don't worry though, I think Sirius and I can keep you in ammo for a long time." Remus said smiling.

In the meantime Ron, Hermione and Ginny felt like they were in some strange demented nightmare as they watched their evil teacher laugh and joke with the other professors. "Um Professor Snape, are you feeling ok?" Ron finally asked.

He just glared at him and said "Yes Ron, I am just fine thank you."

"Uh-oh Uncle Sev, looks like you've finally been busted for actually being human." Jamie smiled which just earned him a glare telling him to bring it on but Jamie quickly looked away.

"Why don't you guys take the kids into the other room to talk while I clean up after Sirius." Dannie said.

"Hey I cleaned already."

"Yea you did and that is why it looks worse than it was." Remus said as he led the others back into the family room.

Everyone sat down to relax, the kids on the sofas while the adults sat across from them in the chairs when Remus said. "Ok kids, I think we need to get down to the reason you were invited here tonight. Everything said in here must not be repeated outside these walls. Do you understand?" Remus then looked at Ginny, Ron, and Hermione as they looked at one another then nodded.

"What do you mean, is something wrong?" asked Ginny.

"Well we think you all just may be in danger this year. As I told the others and I have spoken to your parents, we aren't going to try to keep you guys from going to Hogsmeade with the rest of the school because we all know you would still find a way to get there. So here's the deal. On weekends and holidays, Harry, Ann Marie, Jamie, and Bria will be staying down here with us but you will all be welcome to visit with them, also we need you all in a group of at least four people at all times."

"You mean we have to stay together at all times? We'll wind up killing one another sooner or later." Ron said.

"You don't have to be with just each other although that would be safer but, you do have to be in a group of at least four."

"Are you going to at least tell us why?" Hermione asked.

"Yesterday we found a letter written to Lucius that included an old prophecy." Severus stated.

"Let me guess, you actually think it has something to do with us right?"

"Harry, it started coming true last spring when Voldemort was brought back but after yesterday the four of you brought a lot more of it into place." Sirius stated.

"Prof..er Remus, are you going to let us see this prophecy?" Ginny asked

Remus looked at his two friends and they nodded in agreement so he handed the parchment over to the kids. Hermione looked it over and said "Some of it I understand but the rest, what does it have to do with all of us?"

"Well the first part is clear that it's in regards to Voldemort's rise. Then yesterday more of it came true when the twins mum was murdered."

"How's that? What part of the prophecy was she?" Ron asked

"See there were really 6 of us who were considered Marauders. Of coarse you know of James, Sirius and I, although Peter tagged along a lot of the times he wasn't really a true Marauder. Most likely you have probably can guess two of the other ones were Lily and Patty."

"Well if it wasn't Peter then who was the sixth one?" Ron asked.

All of a sudden Ginny and Hermione looked at one another and said in unison "The photo."

"Photo?" Ron again asked becoming more and more confused.

"You saw a photo of us?" Sirius asked as he glared at Ann Marie.

"It's not her fault. Her album was sitting open on her bed yesterday and there were quite a few with Professor Snape in them." Hermione stated.

"Ok wait a second. Before we go any further you all have to remember, this absolutely cannot leave this room. Especially with Severus being involved in this."

"But why especially with him?" Ginny asked, "I mean maybe students would respect him more if the knew more about him and didn't have to fear him so much."

"That may be true but, if we did allow that then the Death Eater's children would realize that he is a traitor to Voldemort and he is most likely hiding things from him and their parents." Remus stated.

"Like his meetings with you two and Dumbledore?" asked Hermione

"You know about those too?" Severus questioned

"No, it was just a suspicion I had. I once went down to the Headmaster's office last year and overheard your voices and the minute I knocked the sounds went from a quiet conversation to being a lot of yelling and hollering about something completely different. But all of that would only expose that he was a spy, what would they expect him to hide from them?"

"That I have a child."

"You have a child? But who in their right mind would reproduce with you?" Ron said

Ann quickly elbowed him as hard as she could in the ribs. "That is my uncle you are talking about!"

Harry tensed up so Bria held his hand even tighter to help calm him. Hermione the looked back and forth between Ann and Harry noticing some but not many similarities between the two like height, cheek bones, mouth and eyes even though Harry had his mother's green eyes, Ann inherited the Snape's jet black color. (Jamie mainly resembled his father). "No way." She exclaimed. Harry realized what his friend had just discovered and he bowed his head letting his hair fall to cover parts of his face.

"Way!" Jamie said also realizing what was going on.

"Way what? I am so lost here." Whined Ron

"That explains it." Hermione said. "Ginny, I knew I heard your mum telling Harry how much he looks like his dad even though we have all noticed a significant change."

"He doesn't look like any Potter I've seen. He looks like he's more of a..." Ron paused, "Holy Shit! This has got to be a joke. There is no way you could be his..."

"It's not a joke Ron, I hate to say it but it's true." Harry scowled.

"Are you sure this isn't some sort of bad curse to make you believe that?"

"I am sure. I have seen and heard too much for that to be the case." Harry stated. "My mum and him were almost married until he went off and dumped her while she was pregnant."

"Harry, there were reasons behind happened back then." Severus stated.

"You know, I don't give a damn what your reasons were. All I know is for some dumb reason she fell in love with you and you hurt her by treating her like shit."

"Yes I did treat her like shit and no matter what I can never take back what happened but this is not the time nor place to discuss it."

"Now you tell me this is not the time or place to discuss it? Then when is?"

"Harry, I know your upset and you have every reason to be but, Severus is right. Here is not the time to discuss it." Remus stated.

"Fine, you all said you would answer all questions tonight but, since you now refuse, I am out of here." And with that said Harry got up and left.

"Harry!"

"Bria, let him go. He needs to calm down." Severus said.

"I know he needs to calm down but I said if he came tonight the I would be there for him."

"And you will but, he's to much like both his parents, he needs some time alone to sort things out. Everything he's believed in has completely changed in the past twenty-four hours." Sirius said

"Ok now what I don't understand is, why is it so important to keep the secret of Harry being your son?" Ginny asked.

"Because if Voldemort ever knew I had a child, must less a son, then he would be forced to become a Death Eater. Even if they had to place the Imperius curse on him. With Harry's powers on his side Voldemort would no doubt become almost impossible to defeat." Severus continued, "Trust me, if it could have been any different it definitely would have. I never had any intentions on all this turning out the way it did."

"Well maybe you need to let him know that." Hermione stated.

"If he ever gives me the chance to I will but the possibilities of that happening at this time are slim to none."

Remus looked at his watch and said "Listen kids I hate to say this but it's getting late. How about if Sirius escorts you back to your house so you don't get into trouble by Filch."

"What about Harry?" Ron asked

"He's most likely over at Sirius quarters but I'll check on him and make sure he's alright." Remus said. "We are going to have to talk again soon about the prophecy and see if we can figure out when exactly it's going to all come together."

"Professor Lupin, can I take it with to study? Maybe I can come up with something?" Hermione asked

"You won't let it interfere with your class work will you?" Hermione answered him with just a glare. "I didn't think so." Remus finished as he handed the parchment over to the girl.

"Well thank you for dinner. It was pretty good afterall."

"You are welcome Ginny. We'll see you later."

Sirius then took the trio back to the Gryffindor house, Dannie and Bria went back to their quarters, and Remus sat and thought about what went on during the evening before he went to checkup on Harry. In the meantime Severus was on his way back to Slytherin house to check on the students before heading back to his office to finish grading summer essays. When he arrived in the common room he had the seventh year Prefects, Malcolm and Cassandra preform the nightly bed checks. Once they reported back stating that everything was alright he dismissed them and went onto his office. Upon arrival he noticed his door was no longer locked. As he opened it Severus announced "Whomever is in here had better show themselves now so you can face the punishment you so rightly deserve."

"As far as I am concerned I am already being punished." Harry said as he stepped from the shadows. "Now would you consider this the right time to discuss what you did to my mother?"

"Yes Mr. Potter I do believe it is."

"Potter? Why carry that name when every adult I know clearly informs me that I am so much like you were when you were my age."

"Would you really truly wish to carry the Snape name knowing all that would be required of you to have it?"

Harry sat and thought for a few minutes. "Well how different could it be compared to having the Potter name. Look at me, people are either friendly towards me cause I'm the one who defeated Voldemort or they pity me for being the poor orphan boy. Not to mention I now have a whole house fearing me all because I led Cedric to his death."

"You saw Ron's expression this evening, you saw the disgust when he found out the truth. Think carefully how everyone else would react. To have one house hate you is one thing but to have three possibly all four including your own would be torture."

"Fine but would you tell me why you did that to my mum?"

"Because as I told you the other day, my parents signed my life away to Voldemort. They also informed me that if I did not follow in their footsteps then your mother would have suffered slowly and painfully until she eventually died. I believed at the time that if I left her then, you would have had a normal and happy life with her and James or whomever she would marry."

"But what about the protection charm that James and Remus placed on you? Didn't it work at all?"

Severus sighed. "At first nobody thought that it did but because of the strength of the curse that comes with the Dark mark it took longer than expected. I didn't start realizing my true feelings again until around your first birthday. Once I did, your mother and I talked and eventually started seeing each other once again. I knew that I could have been followed and I thought I was able to fool the other Death Eaters just by using the excuse of visiting with family but somehow Voldemort realized what was actually going on and set out to get rid of all of you. It was the love your mother and I had for one another that caused the deaths of her, James and almost you."

"Did you ever find out how he learned about you two?"

"Yes I did. It was the night of their deaths that I was informing Dumbledore about seeing Peter at the Death Eater meetings and even at some attacks. He had bragged to everyone how he was their Secret Keeper so I was trying to convince Dumbledore of assigning someone else to the position. Unfortunately we found out that it had been to late and they were already gone, Sirius was accused and Patty and the twins were preparing to go into hiding."

"What did they have to hide from?"

"As my punishment for being with your mother, Voldemort and Malfoy were determined to get rid of anybody that I could have held any sort of loyalty to other than them. This meant the death of anybody I was related to."

"But if he didn't know I was your son why was he out to kill me?"

When James and I were younger we looked so much alike we could almost have passed as twins, more so than Patty and I. Although I don't think Voldemort realized who's child you were. If you were mine then your blood was considered tainted and if you were James' then he figured I would have the same family loyalty towards you that I had with your aunt and cousins."

"One last question. Isn't my life already in danger because they believe I'm your cousin's son? If I did want to carry the Snape name, how different would the danger be?"

"Harry, I would be honored if we were able to announce that you were my son. Unfortunately unless Voldemort and every last one of his followers are eliminated or suffer from the Dementor's Kiss then I cannot allow it. If you did then upon your 19th birthday you would be forced to receive the Dark Mark and it's curse."

"I thought you said that Voldemort stopped forcing that contract."

"He did but not until after a few months after I received my mark."

At that point Remus and Sirius came running into the room. "Severus, Harry is miss..." they started saying but noticed the two talking and then both men let out a sigh of relief.

"Do you mind? The door was closed, which means you should at least show what manners your Gryffindors supposedly have." Severus snapped with a slight smirk.

"Harry what are you doing in here?" Sirius asked.

"I came to get the answers to my questions that obviously you refused to allow earlier."

"And did you get the answers you were looking for?" Remus asked

"I believe that I did but if you don't mind I have some things to think about." Harry said.

"Well then it's late, how about if we get you back to your quarters now. I already have the spare room set up for you." Remus said as they started to leave Snape's office.

Harry then turned around and said "Professor Snape, thank you for talking to me tonight."

"You are welcome but, you do understand that due to circumstances the way they are I cannot change the way I treat you around other students."

"Yes professor, goodnight."

"Goodnight Harry." Severus said as he watched the three leave. He then walked over to his desk and pulled out Lily's diary. As he sat down and started flipping through the pages he soon came across the photo of the three of them along with the letter Lily had written to Harry. He looked over the two objects and thought If only you knew how hard this was on all of us still. Maybe he will come around but this is defiantly going to take some time.

*****************************

~ Next Morning ~

"Hey Uncle Remus, is Harry still around?"

"Good morning Jamie. Yes he is, he's finishing breakfast now. Let me get him for you."

A few moments later Harry stepped out of the kitchen. "Morning, what's up?"

"Hey cuz, wanna go with me to the weight room?"

"What weight room?"

"The one behind the suit of armor on the fourth floor in the west wing. Hasn't been used in ages but dad said I could use it anytime."

"Um, sure. Are the girls going?"

"Nah, they said somethin about goin swimmin in the lake before it gets to cold out."

"Don't they know about the giant squid in there?"

"Dad warned them but they think they can handle it. We're gonna stop and get Draco first though."

"I can't believe you are friends with him. His dad is big in the Death Eater's circles."

"And like your dad isn't? Come on now he ain't all that bad, you just have to get to know him."

"I have known him for four years now. Have you ever heard the way he treats Hermione?"

"Yep and I let him know that if I ever heard it again he'd be lying unrecognizable at St. Mungos not knowin who he was."

"Fine, just don't expect me to spot him on the weights or anything. Mind if I get Ron too?"

"Well the said we have to be in a group so sure. I'll meet you there."

The boys then went to go get their friends. Harry went up to his dorm and found Ron still sleeping. "Ron wake up."

"Why? It's Saturday."

"Jamie knows of a weight room, lets go work out a bit."

"You mean a Muggle style weight room?"

"What other kind is there?"

"I don't know. I've never tried one before."

"That's ok, we'll work with you. Besides it will help you get into shape for Quiddich tryouts next weekend."

"Next weekend? Shit why didn't you warn me?"

"I just did."

"Well thanks for the short notice. Who's all going besides us and Jamie?" Ron asked as he started getting dressed.

"Well the girls have decided to try to go swimming so it will be the three of us and Malfoy."

"Then forget it. I'm not going to go."

"Your not going just because Malfoy is there? What are you going to do instead? Besides Jamie said he would behave himself."

"And you trust the word of a Slytherin? Harry come one now."

"No Ron, I trust the word of my cousin."

"Yea and look at how you have been treated by another one of your cousins."

"Ron, don't you start comparing Jamie with Dudley. You haven't even taken the chance to get to know him. Afterall Ann Marie isn't like Dudley and she's my cousin too. Remember?"

"Yes I remember but she's not a Slytherin."

"That may be true but her mum was a Snape."

"But even so she's in Gryffindor just like both her parents were."

"Ron you have got to stop and think about what you are saying. You refuse to get to know one person because of what house they live in. How would you have felt if I was placed in Slytherin? Remember we became friends before the sorting ceremony."

"Yea but you are different than them. You wouldn't have been put over there. Harry I don't want to fight over this so how about you hang out here and I'll set up the chess board."

Harry looked around the room to make sure nobody was there before he said, "Ron, I am not that much different than them. Remember it turns out I am also a Snape and..."

"Oh so since you are an almighty Snape now you are going to desert your friends for some low life Slytherins?"

"No Ron. I'm going to keep the plans I already made with my cousin and get to know him a little better. And for your information I was almost a Slytherin myself but, I asked the hat to place me anywhere but there."

"Fine. Go be with your snake family, maybe I was completely wrong about you. As you have clearly informed me, you are a low life Slytherin Snape just like the rest of them. Our friendship is finished!"

"Ron are you sure of that?"

"Most definitely."

"Then good so I don't have to worry about this." Harry said as he punched Ron in the face breaking his nose in the process.

As Harry turned to leave down the stairs into the common room Ron got back onto his feet and charged Harry like a rabid bull smashing into his back and tumbling the two of them down the stairs. Once they landed the two then continued to exchange punches. As the fight continued the other Gryffindor students started returning from breakfast. The first to return were Fred and George. "Hey you two this ain't cool you are going to get yourselves expelled." Fred said as the twins tried pulling them apart.

"What the hell are your guys fighting over?" asked George.

"Ron is pissed cause I am going to go hang out with Jamie."

"You mean that new kid, Professor Black's son? Ron, what is wrong with him other than he can't even pull a decent prank?" asked Fred.

"He's a friggin Slytherin. Oh and don't forget to mention that Malfoy is going to be there too."

"Malfoy?" they said in unison as they glared at Harry.

"I'm not hanging out with Malfoy. I'll be hanging out with Black."

"Same thing." Ron explained.

"Ron, quit acting like a fruit. If Professor Black's kid thinks he's alright he just might be. Afterall not only has he developed a sense of humor but Gin said he acted pretty cool during detention yesterday." Replied George.

"Geesh, I don't believe you two. That is still Malfoy we are talking about. Look how he treats us."

"Ron from the way we see it, you treat him the same way so back off. Besides it's Harry's life."

"Fine do whatever the hell you want, just remember we are no longer friends." He said to Harry.

"If that's the way you are going be then fine. Goodbye." Harry said as he left the three standing there.

"So Ron, what are you going to do now that you just threw away your friendship?"

"I did not throw it away, he did. He has changed too much he's acting just like a...oh nevermind. I'll go hang out with Dean."

"Sorry but he's preoccupied with Lavender, the only one left is Neville."

"What about you guys?"

"Sorry little brother, we've got to get prepared for tryouts next weekend. With being co-captains and all we have to start planning our team's strategy."

"Fine, then I'll go find Neville."

*****************************

"Hey cuz, where's Ron? Oh shit what happened to you?"

"He's decided not to come with."

"Damn Harry your eye is purple already. You ok?"

"Yeah I'm fine. I've been in worse shape before."

"If you say so but you know dad's gonna have a hundred questions."

"I know and so will everyone else when they eventually find out about the fight."

"I told you on our first day of school not to hang out with the wrong sorts. You didn't listen."

"Malfoy, I am not in the mood to deal with your shit as well so back off."

"And if I don't?"

"Draco I told you not to start your shit around me."

"Fine"

"Oh Harry, I ran into the girls on their way back. They are going to join us too."

"Great, just what I need, them chewing my ass over the fight as well."

"Nah, told them they could only come here as long as they left us alone. Besides we could use the help getting rid of the dust and cobwebs."

"How bad could it be?" Draco asked.

Jamie then mumbled the password. the suit of armor moved aside and the boys entered. "So are we gonna wait for them to arrive before we get started?"

"Might as well get started before they get here or they really will have a fit." Harry said while moving some cobwebs out of his way so he could walk through. The boys then started cleaning up the mess and were just about done when Ann, Bria, Hermione and Ginny arrived.

"What the hell were you thinking when you beat the shit out of Ron?" Hermione yelled when they entered the room.

"Harry froze and turned around to face them, "Well he deserved it, in fact he has for a long time." Harry then walked over towards them and making sure Draco didn't hear he quietly told the girls exactly what happened.

"I was afraid this would happen sooner or later." Ginny continued as she smiled at Draco. "At least you don't look as bad as my brother does."

The kids spent the rest of the morning working out in the weight room and joking around when they lost track of time. "Oh shit you guys. We're going to miss lunch if we don't get back now." Jamie said. They then gathered up their stuff and headed to their different rooms to get cleaned up for dinner.

As Harry and Jamie ran through the corridors leading to their rooms Severus called them to a halt. "Where have you two been all morning?"

"We were working out with the girls and Draco." Jamie replied while Harry looked at the floor letting his hair fall over his black eye.

"What about Ron, didn't he wish to join you?"

"He said he had other things to do." Harry stated while still looking towards the floor.

"Excuse me but the least you could do is look at me when you answer."

Harry lifted his head letting his hair fall off his face, "As I said, Ron said he had other things to do."

"So is that from Ron's decision or did you and Mr. Malfoy get into another fight?"

"Neither. Ron and I decided to see how much fun it would be to go diving down the stairs from our dorm into the common room."

"Well whatever it is that happened, I do hope that he is in worse condition than you." Severus continued, "You two better go get cleaned up if you wish to eat."

Finally everybody arrived in the Great Hall for lunch. Remus noticed the tension between Harry and Ron as they sat with their friends but as far apart from one another as they could. "Did you notice anything wrong with Harry today?"

"Yes I did but when I asked he insisted that he has taken up the sport of stairwell diving."

"Well as long as the boys are alright. I do hope that they solve their problem soon." Remus stated. "Oh Sirius, are you still planning on working with your son this afternoon? Remember the truce comes to an end tonight."

"Don't worry old friend, it's going to be taken care of." Sirius smirked.

Chapter End Notes:
Please Review