Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

About Time

~ November 25th ~

Hermione walked into the library to study when she noticed Ann standing between some rows of books. She started to walk towards her when she overheard her talking to someone.

"Have you told anyone about what you saw?"

"No, I was hoping that you would."

"I'm not going to do that. Besides how would I be able to explain what I was doing out there. You're the one who followed them. I'd never get the story straight. Not to forget, I was at Quidditch practice at that time."

"Then say it happened at night."

"You try to explain to my dad why I was alone outside the castle alone. And on the edge of the forest no less. There is no way it would work."

"Come on now. No matter what, your dad would forgive you."

"Forgiving me is not worth him not being able to trust me. I'm sorry Ron but you need to tell them what you saw."

"They won't listen to me."

"Yes they will. They're your professors."

"Hermione, there you are." Ginny said as she entered the room.

Ron and Ann heard Ginny "I'll talk to you later" Ron whispered.

"No, talk to my dad." Ann replied. Ron then left looking at his sister and former friend.

"What was all that about?" Hermione asked.

"Oh nothing. Where is Bria? I thought she was going to meet us here."

"Her parents want her to rest up for the moon tonight." Ginny replied, "Every since Draco's dad was here they want her to be able to be more alert while they're out there."

"Can you blame them?" Hermione asked.

"I suppose not. So how's the research comin?"

"Well we have just about all of it definitely figured out but I still can't find what it means by darkness tears the night."

"Well let's keep looking. Where are the boys?"

"They went over to the weight room again."

"Go figure. Ever since Harry and Jamie were put on the team they're either working out or practicing."

"Yeah and when they aren't, you two are." Hermione stated.

"Trust me I know. My brothers are pushing us harder and harder now. I swear they've forgotten how to have fun."

"Don't give me that. I bet once the season is over they'll start pranking everyone more than ever just to make up for lost time."

"Hopefully they won't get to bad this year and forget about their N.E.W.T.S."

"I don't think mum would let them forget. Come spring holidays she'll be all over them to study."

"Your brothers actually study?"

"Well no, but mum will still be on them to."

"Come on, we're wasting time, this is one of our few chances to help you figure this out." Ann said. And with that they started looking through the books again.

*****************************

~ Meanwhile ~

"Professor Black? Can I talk to you?"

"Sure Ron but it sounds like you are already. What's on your mind?"

"Well I have noticed for the past few months now that there is someone following Potter and his friends."

"What do you mean someone is following them?" Ron then told Sirius everything he had seen and what he knew. "Listen, we're having dinner at Professor Snape's tonight, would you come by so that you can tell the others?"

Ron shook his head. "They won't want to see me. Not after all I've done. I doubt they'll even listen."

"I think they will, besides I did."

"But you're a professor."

"Not on weekends."

"Do I have to?"

"You don't have to but I think it would be best if you did."

"Fine I'll be there."

"Good, I'll see you then and don't worry, it'll be okay."

*****************************

~ Later that evening ~

"I told you we'd find them in here." Harry said.

"Do you three know because of you we haven't been able to eat dinner yet?"

"We didn't realize it was getting that late. Sorry."

"Hurry up then we're hungry." Jamie said.

"So Harry, where's dinner at tonight?" Hermione asked as they headed out of the library and down the corridor.

"You guys aren't going to let this rest are you?"

"What are you talking about, all I did was ask where dinner's at." She smirked.

Harry sighed, "Fine. Dinner is at my father's."

"See that didn't hurt now, did it?" Hermione said.

Harry just glared at her, "No, but keep it up and you could regret it."

"Oh and what would you do?" she teased.

Harry smiled, pointed his wand at her then mumbled a quick spell Hermione's mouth was quickly covered by duct-tape. "Now that's how it should be." Draco stated. "Took you long enough to do it though."

"Keep it up Draco and you'll be next." Harry smirked. They finally arrived at Severus' quarters and walked right in announcing their arrival. "We found them. What's he doing here?" Harry asked as he noticed Ron sitting on the couch.

"I asked him to come by. There is something that he needs to inform you of." Sirius stated.

"What happened to Miss Granger?" Severus asked.

"She opened her mouth one to many times." Harry stated.

Severus looked at his son, "Well I agree she seems to deserve that once in a while I suggest you remove the tape now."

"I can't but it will fall off when we sit down to eat. Now someone care to tell me what is so important that he had to ruin my appetite with his presence?"

"Harold James, I suggest you get rid of this attitude problem immediately."

"My name is not Harold and the attitude problem will leave when he leaves."

"Oh I beg to differ on both accounts." Severus stated as Harry glared at him.

"Break it up you two. I swear he acts more and more like you every day." Sirius spat.

"I am nothing like him!" Harry pouted.

"No, the way you're acting is worse than when I was your age."

Sirius shook his head, "Sorry Sev & Harry but you are both wrong. Now if we can get on with this we can then eat dinner."

Ron sat there for a minute looking over the death glares he was getting from his once two best friends & sister. "Well um, there's someone out there that has been watching and following you guys. It's not just random following once in a while either."

"Maybe it's one of Potter's many love sick fans." Smirked Draco.

"Well then she is also a fan of yours as well, I've seen her follow you around as well. Anyway, the thing is she has been mainly hiding behind trees and taking notes on everything you guys do."

"Hermione, is Skeeter still in the jar?" Harry asked and she nodded in response.

"Is this something I need to know about?" Severus asked.

"No, just be thankful that she's not around reporting everything to the paper again." Harry replied.

"Well do you know who it could be then?" Jamie asked.

"All I know is she's a student. I tried following her many times but I keep loosing her in the crowds in the school. A few times I saw her talking to someone else in the forest."

"Probably my dad." Draco said.

"No, they were to skinny to be your dad. I've never seen this person before. I think they're new. But whoever they are, they are the ones who have been telling everything to You-Know-Who."

"How can you be sure of who they are passing it onto?" Ann asked upon hearing information she wasn't told before.

"Ron intercepted some of the letters and gave them to me this afternoon." Sirius said.

"So what are we going to do now?" Harry asked.

"Well your father and I need to talk to Remus tomorrow and as for the rest of you, we will need to notify your parents to let them know what's going on." Sirius stated.

"So you guys ready to eat now?" Severus asked.

Hermione nodded frantically really only wanting the tape finally off her mouth while the boys were defiantly ready to eat. As soon as everyone sat down for dinner she started going at it. "Aaaahhh! I can't believe you did that to me and over nothing. Geesh, I hope you not going to act like that everytime someone teases you just the slightest bit. The nerve....the..."

Harry looked at her and started reaching for his wand but was immediately caught by his father. "Hand it over Harry." Severus said.

What are you talking about?"

"I know you're pointing your wand at her from under the table. Now hand it over." Harry then pulled his wand out from its hiding place and handed it to Severus. "You'll get it back when you go back to your dorm tomorrow night."

"But." Harry started but only got a glare from the man.

~ Next morning ~

"Good morning Harry, where are you off to?" Remus said as he, Dannie, and Bria returned from their night in the forest.

"Just for a walk around the lake. Sirius says he needs to talk to you later."

"Is he up already?"

"No, they're all still sleeping," Harry said. "Can Bria come along?"

"Only as long as you're back for breakfast." Dannie said.

"Come on that gives us a half hour." Bria stated and the two took off "So what does Sirius want with dad?"

"Ron showed up for dinner last night. He claims we've been followed by someone lately and he thinks they are the one that has been informing Voldemort about all of us."

"Did they issue any new rules for us because of this?"

"Not yet, I think they will pretty soon though. That's why they want to talk."

"So how'd you guys get along?"

"Well nobody got into a fight nor did I curse him."

"Well that's a start."

"Yea but it's not like I didn't want to. Just my father took away my wand." Bria looked at him with a smile. "Now don't you start in on me too. I'd hate to have to duct tape your mouth shut also." Harry said before he kissed her.

"You wouldn't dare."

"Ask Mione if I would or not."

"I can't believe you did that to her." Bria's senses then kicked in. "Um, Harry who is that over there?" she asked as she noticed someone behind Hagrid's hut.

Harry looked over and noticed that someone in dark robes moved into the forest. "I'm not sure but I guess Ron was right. We had better get inside." And with that the two ran back to their parent's quarters.

Chapter End Notes:
Please review.