Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Spy Revealed

Immediately Harry and Bria went running through the corridors nearly knocking over some students in their way and straight into Remus' quarters. "Remus are you still awake!" Harry shouted.

Remus came out of his bedroom "Yes, I'm still awake. Why are you two out of breath, what's wrong?"

"There's a Death-eater in the forest today. We saw them hiding behind Hagrid's" Bria stated.

"Are you sure it was a Death-eater? What were they doing?"

"Yes I'm sure. I would know the robes anywhere." Harry paused. "I'm not quite sure what they were doing. It was if they were just watching us. They left as soon as we noticed them."

"How many were there?"

"Just one." Bria replied. "At least that's all we saw."

"Well thank Merlin you didn't try to take them on."

"I couldn't have no matter how much I wanted to." Harry paused, " I didn't have my wand with me."

"What do you mean you don't have your wand with you? You of all people should know better than that."

"Well it was sort of taken away from me during dinner last night."

"What do you mean it was sort of taken away from you. Who would do that?" Remus asked

"My father."

"Your father? Come with me we'll get to the bottom of this." Remus said as he led the kids down the corridor to Severus' quarters mumbling all the way "Of all the things in the world to do. Putting his own child's life in danger like this. Merlin, sometimes I wonder what your mother ever saw in him."

"Looks like your dad's in for it now." Bria said as Harry smiled.

When they reached Severus' door Remus immediately started pounding on it while shouting. "Severus get your arse up and open this door now."

Silence

Remus started pounding again, "Severus I said..." Just then the door opened with Draco standing in the doorway rubbing his eyes. "Where is Severus?"

"Still sleeping I suppose."

Remus stormed past Draco while Harry and Bria were following close behind. He then started pounding on the bedroom door. "Severus get up, we need to talk now."

More silence

Remus opened up the bedroom door and noticed Severus sound asleep. He then went to the adjoining bathroom and filled up the bathtub with the water that if it was any colder it would have had ice chips in it. He then levitated Severus into the room unfortunately not being careful enough to keep him from hitting his head on the door causing him to wake up. "Draco, if you dare value your life then wouldn't... AAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!" Severus screamed as he entered the freezing water below him. "DRACO!" He immediately jumped out of the tub shivering and completely drenched glaring at the three teens laughing at him.

Remus stated, "I am not Draco."

Grabbing his bathrobe Severus stated. "Don't you think you are a bit old to be pulling a stunt like that?"

"Not when you endanger Bria and Harry's lives like you did."

"What are you talking about. I did not endanger anyone's life."

"They were outside at the lake when they saw a Death-eater over behind Hagrid's hut. Now unless that was you then they were completely defenseless."

"What were they doing down by the lake in the first place at this time of morning?"

"Harry meet us down by the entrance and I told them they could go. I had no idea then that Harry didn't have his wand on him." Remus then turned to Harry "Why did he take it away from you?"

Draco and Severus smiled as they looked at the boy while he replied "Well I was getting ready to hex Hermione again."

"What do you mean again? What did she do to you to deserve to be hexed in the first place?"

"This I am still waiting for an answer on" Severus stated.

Harry then thought about it for awhile. "Well nothing really I guess. I was just having fun."

Draco coughed "Bollocks." And Harry glared at him.

"The truth now Harry." Remus demanded.

"She was making a huge deal on how I referred to him as my father. I warned her about it and she dared me to do something." Harry continued "Come on now, You cannot expect me to turn down a dare."

"Well I guess I can see your point but still you didn't have to tape her mouth shut." Severus said.

"Well, what would you have done?" Harry asked.

"He would have done the exact same thing. In fact he has before." Remus replied.

"I have never done anything of the sort to anyone." Severus stated.

"You know that lie would work if you weren't talking to the person you did it to."

"When?"

"Back when James and I were teasing you because we figured out that you liked Lily."

"I would thoroughly enjoy taking full credit for that but it was not me." Severus said with a smirk on his face.

"Then who was it? The only people that were there was James, you, and I."

Severus smirked as he replied, "What you didn't know was that Lily was standing right behind the two of you."

"Why didn't you tell us that it was her. We wouldn't have pulled all those pranks on her afterwards."

"Yes you would have."

"Well, at least not as many of them. You should have said something." Remus said trying to defend his former actions.

"I wasn't going to give you free reign on her. You guys were already hard enough on her until Patty was transferred here." Harry and Bria laughed at the two men as they argued over a minor prank that happened so long ago. Severus then looked at them and said, "I don't know what you are laughing at. I'm not done with you yet. I can't believe you risked your lives like that."

"I really don't think they were going to try to hurt us. It was as if they were just watching us." Harry explained.

"And what if it happened to be Lucius or someone exactly like him. Then you would have really been in trouble. I suggest that you not take Lucius' threats so lightly." Remus stated.

"Yes sir." They replied.

"Now if you don't mind leaving. I would like to get out of these wet clothes."

"Well can I at least have my wand back?"

"I told you, not until tonight when you go back to your dorm."

"Then how am I suppose to defend myself if they are still out there?"

"I suppose since you cannot defend yourself you should remain inside. Besides you could use some studying for your potions class. From what I understand your grades have been barely acceptable in that class." Severus smirked.

"Well that's because the teacher is nothing but a slimy git who is so full of himself he's in dire need of an enema." Harry replied as he left the room.

Severus raised an eyebrow at his son's reply as Remus smiled at him and said, "You asked for that one."

*****************************

Later that day Sirius and Severus filled Remus and Dannie in on what Ron informed everyone of the previous night. "So what do you think we need to do? Give them even more restrictions?" Remus asked.

"I honestly don't think that would help. They are already confined to stay close to the castle. If we restrict them anymore than they are then they will most likely start to try sneaking off on their own." Severus replied.

"Are we sure it was a Death-eater." Dannie asked

"I really doubt Harry would say it was if it weren't. He knows what to look for more than any of the other kids." Sirius stated.

"But why would they be out there if they weren't going to attack? It's not like it was one of the parents, especially that early in the morning. It's not like them to just watch" Questioned Remus

"Unless they were trying to find out why they haven't received any information from their contact in awhile I'm not sure. Afterall Ron was able to intercept the last few letters." Sirius said

"So does Ron have any idea on who this contact is?" Dannie asked

"Unfortunately not, all he knows is that it's a female student." Severus replied.

"What about one of the kids in Slytherin, Sev?" asked Remus

""I've been running random bed checks during the nights and so far everyone has been accounted for."

"Ok then, I think we need to get with the other House Heads and have them do the same. Other than that our only option is to stand guard outside the owlery for awhile." Remus stated.

"What about the other children. If they are watching ours then they will most likely try to get the others as well." Dannie asked

"Luckily they are a close group and all reside in the same house. For the time being I think it's best that we keep it like it is." Severus said.

*****************************

~ Meanwhile ~

Bria, Chloe and Ginny joined their friends at a table in the library. "Whatcha working on?" Bria asked.

"Animagus studies. We are trying to get this blasted thing finished so that we can move on with the next step." Harry replied

"How far have you gotten on it?" Ginny asked.

"Only about half way. Leave it to the ministry to make us cover a 50 page exam with only 1 class per week to learn this stuff in." Jamie stated.

"Well its not something you can just jump right into, ask your dad how long it took them." Hermione said.

"He already told us time and time again. Five years and that was on their own without learning all the consequences." Ann stated.

"Well I can't wait until we're able to take the coarse next year." Ginny stated.

Ron entered the room and Ann waved him over to join them at the table. "What are you doing calling him over?" Harry asked.

"Well I figured we could use all the help we could get with this. Besides give him a break, afterall it has been two months. Don't you think its time your fight ended?"

"I am not the one who started it." Harry said in defense.

"At least you can be the one to try to end it."

"Hi Ann" Ron said quietly as he sat down next to her.

"Hey, what's up?"

Ron looked around at the group as they glared at him. "Nothing. I'd better get going, this wasn't a good idea."

Bria elbowed Harry who then grumbled, "No, you can stay."

Draco glared at Harry and mouthed "Are you nuts?"

"The way this year has gone. If I'm not already then I soon will be." He replied.

"Well at least you can admit it." Hermione joked.

"Hey guys, I hate to run but I have some stuff to do. Bria, you'll be back at the dorm tonight right?" Chloe asked

"Sure. I'll see you then." She replied as her roommate left.

"She left in a hurry. What's that all about?" Ginny asked.

"Not quite sure. We haven't really been talking a lot lately. Between her practice sessions and with me staying with mom and all. We finally were able to make plans to just hang out together tonight."

"So I suppose it will be a girl only thing?" Harry said.

"More like a roommate only thing. Don't look at me like that. It's just girl talk."

******************************

Later that night Bria worked on her remaining homework while she waited for Chloe to return. When she was done with that she started flipping through some of the textbooks to waste time but finally around midnight she wound up falling asleep.

*****************************

"Where's the information you were suppose to keep me informed on?" The shadowed figure asked.

"I sent it to you as ordered."

"How am I suppose to believe you when I don't receive any word from you in a month? I had such hopes for you and now you greatly disappoint me."

"I sent you the information that you requested. I don't understand how you could have not received it."

"Liar. Because of your incompetence I had to come here myself this morning so that I would have something to report back to Lord Voldemort. I could have been seen."

"I'm sorry. From what I have been told, you were seen."

"By whom."

"Harry and Gabriella. She told me that her senses picked up someone out here this morning and how they ran to her father immediately."

"Do you know if he saw my face?"

"No. They just saw you from the back as you were heading back behind Hagrid's. Why are you so concerned about him seeing who you are? Does he know you?"

"I told you when you came to me that there would be no questions. Now a punishment for your incompetence. Crucio!" The figure said before leaving the girl lying on the ground wrenching in pain. They then turned around and stated, "You will obey your orders or next time it will be worse." Then they apparated away.

*****************************

The next morning at breakfast Harry snuk up behind Bria and merely tapped her shoulder startling her. "Don't do that." She said as she jumped.

"Jumpy aren't we? Up all night gossiping?" he teased.

"Hardly. I wound up falling asleep and she didn't even show up back at the room until sometime after two this morning making all sorts of noise."

"Have you talked to her yet this morning to find out what happened?"

"No, when I left she was still sleeping." Bria replied.

"But she'll miss classes. You should have at least woken her up."

"Why? She's the one who stayed out all night."

"Glad I never had a roommate like you. We always woke each other up if we overslept."

"That's because you all snore so loudly. Besides don't worry. If all goes well then at the worst she will only be late for first class."

"What did you do?" he asked

"Oh nothing really. Just arranged for her to be thrown out of bed once class starts."

"And or coarse you won't be there to be blamed for it."

"Me? Of coarse not." Bria replied

"Are you sure the hat put you in the right house?"

"Who knows. It has been known to make mistakes before."

Not too much later Dumbledore stepped up infront of the hall. "Good morning. Now that the month is almost over I don't believe I need to remind you that the holiday seasons are soon upon us. With this will also come the Yule Ball for the third through seventh year students. This year I have decided to have the Quidditch teams work together in hosting the ball instead of the Prefects. I know that they will put on a spectacular event for all of you. Also we will have our next Hogsmeade trip in two weeks so that you will all be able to pickup gifts for your families. Have a good day."

"Well looks like this will be another year I won't be able to avoid going to the ball?" Harry stated.

"Why would you try to avoid it?"

"First of all I really can't dance. Secondly the girls here are so anxious to go they endlessly follow all the guys around not giving them any privacy."

"I'm sure we'll be able to work on your dancing problem. As for the girls, I can't see them following someone around who's spoken for."

"I've seen it happen too many times." he replied.

"So I can go following Ron around to see if he'll ask me?" Bria joked.

"Hardly not. You are already going to it with someone."

"I am? Well seeing how nobody's asked me if I would go with them it seems that I'm free to go with whomever I choose."

"You mean I actually have to ask?"

"If you want me to go with you then you do."

"Fine then maybe I'll just ask someone else." He said jokingly.

"Ok I'll make sure all the girls know that they can openly follow you around since your in need of a partner." Bria stated.

"You wouldn't dare."

"I don't think I need to afterall. Looks like the girls behind us already heard."

Harry turned around to notice that a group of younger girls from Hufflepuff were already staring at him smiling. "Thanks a lot."

"Don't thank me. Who wouldn't want to go with you in hopes of getting on the good side of your dad."

"You think you could help the situation out here before it gets ugly."

"How could I do that?"

"By doing me the hon..."

"Bria we're going to be late again if we don't leave now." Ginny said as she ran up to the two.

Bria gave Harry a quick kiss and said, "I'll see you later." As she ran out the door and onto class before he could say another word.

*****************************

Ginny and Bria were working together taking turns hexing one another and blocking with a new shielding spell that Sirius had taught them the previous week when Ginny asked. "Where's Chloe at?"

"I'm not sure. Class is almost over, I figured she would have been here by now."

"I guess your trick didn't work on her."

"It should of, besides.." Bria stopped herself as she saw her roommate enter the class looking a mess. "She's here now."

"She looks like she's ready to kill someone." Ginny whispered.

"Miss Diggory, I hope you have a good reason for arriving 45 minutes late for class." Professor Black stated.

Chloe ignored him and walked up to the two girls. "Thanks for waking me up in time." She snapped at Bria.

"Miss Diggory!" The Professor said again just a bit louder.

"What!" Chloe snapped back.

Professor Black glared at her and said. "First of all that will be 25 points removed from Ravenclaw and you will remain after class."

"Twenty-five points. What for?" Chloe asked.

"Fifteen are for tardiness and the other ten are for your attitude."

"Yes Professor." Chloe stated then she turned back to Bria, "See, it's your fault for not waking me up in time."

"That was not my fault. Besides why should I have to wake you up? You're the one who was out until two this morning then make all sorts of noise the rest of the night. I was almost late to breakfast myself." Bria continued. "By the way, what did happen to you last night?"

"Something came up that I had to take care of. Are you the one who did that to my bed?"

"Did what?" Bria asked acting innocent

"Charmed it to toss me out of it."

"Oh yea I did. Glad to hear it worked."

"It worked alright. Everytime I climbed back into it I was tossed right into the hallway."

"Oops, I think I made it to strong."

"Well that's not the worse part. I sat down on it to get dressed after my shower and it threw me into the hall again."

"You weren't.." Ginny started to ask

"Yes I was thank you very much. Just so happens that there were some of Cho's friends out there that I never want to see again."

Ginny giggled and Bria did the best she could trying to keep from laughing at her. "I'm sorry. I honestly didn't think that would happen."

"It had better not happen again." Chloe warned her roomate.

"I'll remove the curse this afternoon."

"Now I want you to keep working on this shielding spell during your free times this afternoon, I will testing its strength tomorrow. Class dismissed, with the exception of Miss. Diggory." Sirius stated.

"Chloe, do you want us to wait for you?" Ginny asked.

"Miss. Weasley, I do not believe that would be a good idea unless you would like to be late for Professor Lightpaws' class."

"Yes sir" she stated then turned joined Bria on her way to Herbology.

"Now Miss. Diggory, may I ask why you were late to class this morning?"

"Well, Bria and I were up late talking all night and we didn't get much sleep." Chloe lied.

"Is that so? I'm surprised that if that is the case then she would have normally made sure you were also awake." Sirius stated knowing the girl was lying since he had overheard the conversation that Bria and Ginny had before she entered the room. "As for your attitude when you entered the classroom this morning. You know I hate having to reprimand you students especially when you are friends of the family but today you gave me no option. You must remember that although I consider Bria part of my family I am also one of your professors and I do expect you to show some respect to that fact. Do I make myself clear?"

"Yes sir."

"I also must issue you detention for this incident How about you report to Madame' Pomphrey each night after dinner this week to work in the infirmary."

"But what about practice?"

"Ravenclaw does not have a match this weekend, I am sure they will not miss your sparkling personality for the short period of time. Besides I will inform your Head of House so that you may be excused."

Chloe sighed. "Thank you sir."

"Alright now, you had better head onto your next class." He stated as he handed her a tardy pass.

As the girl left the room Sirius jotted down a note to remind himself to ask Severus and Harry what they knew of the girl's family background for he knew the last name was vaguely familiar.

*****************************

"So will you be going to the ball with Draco this year?" Bria asked

"Of coarse I will, He asked me first thing this morning before Professor Dumbledore ever made the announcement. I suppose you and Harry are going as well?"

"Well so far no."

"What do you mean no. He has to be there. You two didn't get into a fight did you?" Ginny asked.

"No nothing like that. He just hasn't asked me yet."

"Well you know that you'll be going with him."

"Not necessarily. He doesn't really want to go and unless he asks me then we won't be." Bria replied

"Well everyone knows that you two will be there together."

"No everyone assumes we'll be there together. Besides it's kind of fun seeing him squirm a little."

"Well just to let you know. He kind of sucks at asking girls to these things." Ginny warned her.

"I know. You should have heard him stammer before you interrupted him this morning."

"Oh geesh. I'm sorry. I didn't know."

"It's alright. Don't worry about it. So who else is going that you know of?" Bria asked.

"Pretty much everyone. Mione & Jamie, Fred & Angela, George & some Hufflepuff girl, and Dean & Lavender."

"What about Ron and Ann?"

"I don't know. She hasn't said anything to me about it yet. But did you hear, Pansy is going with Goyle." Ginny stated.

"They deserve one another, but I never thought I'd see him without Crabbe."

"Let's just hope that Harry asks you before Crabbe does."

"Eew! You're sick. The only female that would probably go with him is Mrs. Norris."

"Nah, she'll be escorted by Filch." Ginny said. Just then Professor Lightpaws entered the class.

"Good morning class. Today with the announcement of the Yule season upon us we will start working on some holiday herb and oils to help get you through the winter months." Dannie continued, "Before we gather the herbs and plants I would like you to look up the medical and /or magical uses for the ones we will be using in class or gathering for your potions class. The herbs we will be studying are Bayberry, blessed thistle, laurel, pine, sage, and yellow cedar. The plants that we will be using are Evergreens, Holly, Mistletoe, and Oak. And you will need to list which parts of the plants are used." At that time Chloe entered the classroom and gave Dannie the pass from Sirius. "Thank you Miss. Diggory, you are just in time. Now class, since it is so cold outside, I have arranged with the Headmaster for us to be able to use one of the empty classrooms starting tomorrow. As for the remainder of the class if you would get your cloaks on we'll head back to the library so that you can get started on the research."

As everyone headed back into the castle the girls started talking once again.

"So, what happened with Professor Black?" Ginny asked.

"I got detention with Madame' Pomphrey all week. Bria, if he says anything to you I need you to tell him that I was late because we were up almost all night talking."

"Oh so your trying to pin partial blame on me for this? Maybe you should have talked to us before you went and lied to him."

"Well I didn't get a chance to. I had to come up with some sort of answer." Chloe replied.

"Chloe, I do hope whomever the guy you were with last night was worth it because Professor Black already knows the truth. He was standing right behind Bria when she was telling me what actually happened."

"What do you mean he heard you two. Why didn't you warn me?"

"Warn you? How was I suppose to know you would use me to cover up your midnight antics."

"Girls, keep it down please." Dannie stated.

"Yes ma'am" they said in unison. Needless to say Bria and Chloe didn't say two words to each other the remainder of the day.

*****************************

Finally class was over and due to the weather Care of Magical Creatures had been cancelled for the day. The animals had gone into hibernation, rendering them useless for class.

As Ginny and Bria left the library and headed onto the Great Hall to meet up with their friends Sirius approached Bria. "Miss Lightpaws, would you and Mr. Potter meet with me during lunch in my office?"

"Um, sure I suppose."

"Miss Weasley. I think you could help answer some questions as well. If you would join them please."

"Yes sir." Ginny stated then as he turned to walk away she turned to Bria, "I wonder what he wants to talk to us about now."

"I have no idea." Bria said as they entered the hall and walked up to their friends. She then pointed towards the group of girls hanging out by the Gryffindor table. "See what I mean by making him squirm. Looks like Ron still hasn't asked anyone to the dance either."

"I can't believe I was doing the same thing a year ago." Ginny said as Bria smirked.

"Hello hon." Bria said as she walked up to Harry who was sitting on the table. Instead of saying anything he then hopped off the table, took her hand and led her back out of the hall and into the stairwell. Harry then leaned against the wall enough so that the two were eye to eye he then wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her closer to him. To keep from loosing her balance she stepped forward with her legs on either side of his. "You know we're going to get into trouble for PDA again." She said as she wrapped her arms around his neck.

"No we're not," he said with a smirk. "Nobody's around to catch us, they are all teaching their classes."

"So why are we out here instead of with the rest of the group?"

"Because I don't want any of them interrupting us again before I can ask you."

"Ask me what?" she smirked.

"To the Ball of coarse."

"Oh that...Well ask away."

"You're really going to make me do this aren't you?" He asked and she replied with a small nod. "Fine then. Will you do me the honors of being my date to the ball?"

"I'm not sure if I can." Bria replied as he just stared at her. "I need to check the charts to find out when the next full moon is."

"Oh that. I already did. The Ball is on the 21st and the moon isn't until the 23rd."

"And you're sure you want to go?" she asked

"With you on my arm definitely. Even if it wasn't insisted on."

"Then how could I refuse." She replied as he gently started kissing her. As the two of them continued they compliantly lost track of time and ignored all the noise of the students entering the Great Hall for lunch.

After about another five minutes someone loudly clearing their throat interrupted them. As the two stopped and turned their heads to face the sound they noticed Sirius standing there with his arms crossed. "Do you realize your fathers are right now walking down the isle on their way out here to search for you two?"

"No, why?" Harry asked as Bria backed away from him.

Sirius then looked at Bria as she said "Sorry, we were suppose to meet him in his office when lunch started."

"You sure were. Now come on let's go." Sirius then motioned the Severus and Remus that he had the two of them with him and they soon came out with Ginny in tow.

When they got back to Sirius' office everyone was wondering what this was all about until he said. "Bria, I overheard yours and Ginny's conversation during class this morning but when I asked Miss Diggory after class what had happened to cause her to be so late. Would you care to tell us what happened that made you not feel like waking her up causing her to be late for class?"

Bria once again told the story and how she figured that Chloe had really been out with some boy. Sirius then looked at Harry and asked "Why does her last name sound familiar?"

"Her older brother is the boy that died at the end of the tournament." the boy replied.

"Ginny I did have some questions for you but I think we need to discuss this later. Why don't you kids go back to the Great Hall and eat lunch." He said as he directed the last sentence to Harry and Bria.

The three kids did as they were told to do then Sirius looked over at Severus. "Have you ever known of the Diggory's to be associated with Voldemort?"

"No I haven't, I was about to ask you what this was all about with the questions about Miss Diggory."

"Seems she was suppose to meet Bria last night for girl talk but didn't arrive until after two this morning. I tried looking for tracks this after class today but unfortunately there was a strong snow just before sunup."

"Looks like we have another suspect to keep an eye on." Remus said.

Unknown to anyone Chloe was standing just outside the class door. She then ran to write a quick note and send it from the owlery.

Chapter End Notes:
Please Review