Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Remus' Version of the Past

"Severus, may I come in?"

"Yes Lupin, what do you want?"

"I would like to thank you for not giving the potion to Pomphrey last night."

"Don't mention it. She happens to be a very bright student who I think highly of. Even if she is your daughter. Unfortunately she has had a very hard and lonely life."

"Just like a certain young man we both know. Why are you so hard on the boy?"

"Hard? I have not been hard on him, if anything I have been easy on him, at least compared to how my parents were with me. Do you remember those days Lupin?"

"I don't ever remember meeting your parents, Severus. Mr. and Mrs. Potter always went and picked you up to take you to their home."

"But you did see the marks."

"And I still see the one left." Remus said while pointing at Snape's arm. "Before we let this go any further, are you going to allow it to be done to him when he turns 19?"

"Since he's my son don't you think I have the right to make that decision when the time comes?"

"Sev that is Lily's son we are talking about. You more than anyone know what Voldemort would do to him so for you to even consider it."

"You are right with what you think Voldemort would do to him if he knew he were my son and no matter how much it hurts me to see him every day. I would NEVER allow that to happen to…” Snape looked up, "Potter, You are getting quite good at sneaking up on people now."

"Am I now Professor?" Harry replied. "Uncle Remus, the headmaster said that either you or Uncle Sirius would show me where my quarters are."

"Give me just a moment please Harry. Sev, look hard at him and remember how quickly you changed too." And with that said he left and showed Harry his new quarters.

*****************************

Harry plopped down in a chair as soon as they entered. "So, what's up with you and Ms. Lightpaws? Has one of my forever single uncles finally found his soul-mate?" Harry teased.

"Well Harry, I might as well let you know. Turns out that Dannie and I knew each other back when your mother was pregnant with you."

"Oh really?"

"When I first saw them in Diagon Alley I didn't recognize her at first because we were together during the full moon and before I was able to see her human form, she disappeared and I never saw her again."

"Didn't you go looking for her?"

"Would you please let me finish? For the next three months I worked in the States and disappeared into the woods during the cycle in hopes to one day find her. As far as I knew back then she was another werewolf and would of course have no choice but to change and return to the forest that we meet in. Unfortunately she never did so then I convinced myself that the only other option was that a fur hunter had caught her in one of his traps. It wasn't until the other day that I learned that she was infact a shapeshifter. "

"So that means that Bria is your..."

Remus nodded then asked. "Are you okay with this?"

"Of course I am. I think it's cool. Especially since she is my age." Harry grinned.

"Just remember, I am not the father you want to upset. Even if you are one of my best friend's son."

"Yes I know. Don't worry."

"Why don't you go ahead and get some of your things unpacked. I have to go tutor Bria now."

"Sure thing. Oh, how's she doing? Think she'll be able to keep up with the fourth years?"

"In that I have no doubt. In fact she may even give them more of a challenge with grades. I will see you at dinner."

Harry waved as his uncle left the room then he started unpacking all his belongings. Finally he reached the bottom of the trunk and all that was left was his invisibility cloak, the Marauders Map, and Lily's diary. Harry thought Ok mum lets see what else you have to say.

10 February 1979

Dear Diary

GOOD NEWS! They have decided to have a first and second years dance this year. I can hardly believe it. Usually they are for third years and up but that's also for the winter ball. Luckily because they decided this at the last minute we don't have to worry about dress robes. In a way I think it's to help us get our minds off of what is going on outside school. As if things are not already bad enough at home. I'm not able to go home during Spring or Winter Holidays anymore because mum says Tuna and I fight too much. I don't understand I try to get along with her but all she does is start fights and then when I try to defend myself mum jumps my ass over it and I get blamed for the whole mess. At least it's only mum that blames me; I think dad sees through Tuna's lies because he usually comes in and tries to comfort me afterwards. This really sucks. I am beginning to think mum hates me as much as Tuna does and if they had their way I would never go home. As for this dance this weekend. No I am not going with anyone to it but, Jamie, Remie, Siri and I are going just as a group. I think that twerp, Peter, will also be with us. No things still have not changed; I still get the creeps when he's around. Well I have to go, got Quiditch practice before our game against Slytherin before the dance on Saturday. Love Lils.

'Oh cool. I didn't know that mum played Quiditch too? Harry though.

Chapter End Notes:
Please review