Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Flying

15 February 1979

Dear Diary,

That LITTLE SLYTHERIN SON OF A SNITCH!!! I don't believe he did that to me UUUGGGHHH! Ok now calm down Lils is what everyone keeps saying. CALM DOWN MY ASS I AM SO PISSED OFF HE NEEDS TO GO SOD HIMSELF OR SOMETHING!!! Here we were in the game, one minute I am racing against Sev trying to catch the snitch and the next thing I know I'm here in the infirmary with my head wrapped and my leg in a cast. I can't believe it!

According to Remie the back end of my broom got hit with a bludger and I slammed into a tower. Turns out that Malfoy is the one who hit it straight at me from only about 10 feet away. UUGGHH! I don't know what I'm more upset about. Missing the dance last night or not being able to play for the next few weeks. At least James will be the seeker while I'm out. He's pretty good at all team positions. Well I had better get going, looks like I have some visitors.

Lils

******************************

"Hey Harry. What are you reading?"

"Hi Sirius, just mum's diary again. Still trying to find some answers."

"Well how far have you gotten?"

"Just up to February of her second year."

"Oh shit, I remember that." he replied with a smirk "That was the time she made a nice splat into a tower and missed the dance. She was so pissed off we could hear her screaming from the infirmary all the way into the common room. Your dad missed the dance that night too so that he could stay beside her bed. That was a few years before they started dating though."

"Wow, he must have really liked her."

"I guess he did but, he refused to admit it for the longest time. Anyway, the reason I came by is because I hear your getting a head start on becoming an Animagi."

"I'm going to try to."

"Come with me, I'll get you started."

"Cool, thanks!"

******************************

15 April 1979

DD,

Well it's pretty quiet around here. Of course its spring holiday and almost all of the other kids have gone home to visit their families. I wish I could see my family but with mum and Tuna acting the way they are it would be nothing but fighting between mum and dad over the two of us. I don't understand why mum dislikes me so much. I never did anything to her or my sister...magic wise that is. I know when I have kids, as long as I am alive the will NEVER have to deal with living in such a hateful home. This I swear!

On another note. I ran into Sev in the library. Turns out his parents have gone on another trip with his dad's group. I hate to say it but, it seems like everytime they take a trip there is another attack from the 'Death- eaters' as the paper keeps calling them. I wonder if Sev sees it too. Today he told me that he has been having problems in Charms class again. Well I agreed that I would help him if he would help me with Potions. (At least this way I can spend some time with him here at school) Well I had better go now…I will write more later.

LL.

******************************

Harry laid in bed thinking. No I'm looking at this wrong. Mum got along with everyone. I am just too tired to think straight anyway. I had no idea Animagus training would be so draining. As he drifted off to sleep.

~Next Morning~

"Hey Bria, now that you've seen the grounds by foot, want to go flying with me?" Harry asked

"Flying? As in on a broom?"

"Sure. How else would you fly?"

"I'm not sure, besides, Professor Hooch hasn't come back yet so I haven't been able to learn how."

"Well, can you keep your balance on a bicycle?"

"Of course I can."

"Well there is room enough for two on the broom.'

"Well..." Bria hesitated. "Let me ask mom" With that she ran over to Dannie who after some major pleading from Bria along with giving her the 'puppy-eyes' finally gave in.

"Well?" he asked when she returned

"Come on, let's go before she changes her mind."

Harry and Bria quickly ran to Harry's quarters to grab his Firebolt. On their way out of the castle they rounded the corner and ran right into Snape and Lupin talking.

In unison they said "Sorry, we weren't paying attention."

"Harry, Bria, where are the two of you off to so quickly?" Severus asked as Lupin glared at him.

There he goes calling me Harry again though Harry. "I'm taking Bria for a flight around the grounds." As he replied he noticed that he was now only a few inches shorter than his Potions Master.

"Well, I don't know about this." Said Remus

"But dad, mom said I could" Bria whined as she thought I always wanted to say that giving him her best 'puppy-eyes'.

This time Severus was the one to glare at Remus as he replied "Since your mum says it's alright you can but, stay inside school boundaries." The children smiled as they started to run off. "Oh and Bria, one more thing. Don't think those 'puppy eyes' are what let you win. Just remember, I invented that trick and you just inherited it."

Bria walked slowly over to her father. "You may have invented it but I am the one who had perfected it." And with a sinister grin she hugged Remus and ran to catch up with Harry.

"You do realize she is right and you are going to have your hands full" Severus stated.

"I know but, I believe that we are both in for a handful when it comes to those two. Do you care to wager on which on of us is going to go bald first?"

"Sure but just remember. Your fur doesn't count."

The two men laughed as they continued walking down the hallway.

******************************

Harry climbed onto his broom then kicked off the ground and hovered a few feet when he then helped Bria on. "Well front or back?" Bria thought for a second then climbed on behind Harry. "Hang on tight." And with that he took off.

Harry and Bria flew all around the boundaries of the school; it was the most amazing site Bria had ever seen. Finally they decided to land down by a lake on the edge of the forest. Bria jumped off immediately and then sat down to catch her breath. "That was just so Kewl! I never thought anywhere could be so breath taking."

"I hoped you would like it" he said smiling.

The two of them just say on the waters edge when Bria finally asked "Was I mistaken when I heard you call my dad 'Uncle Remus'?"

"No, you heard right but..."

"So I guess that means we are cousins."

"Oh no. See Remus, Sirius, and my parents all went to school here and they were the very best of friends. He's not an official relative at all. They are just the closest I have to relatives other than my mum's sister and her family, the Dursleys." In saying that Harry noticed Bria let out a sigh of relief so he put his arm around her and there they stayed for what seemed like forever.

"Oh Shit!" Harry finally said. "We missed lunch and if we don't leave now we'll miss dinner." And he picked up the broom.

Bria looked around, "We're not that far, let's just walk back."

As the two walked back to the castle hand in hand a summer shower erupted so they started to run. As soon as they got back into the school Harry cast a drying charm on himself then smirked as he watched Bria transform to shake herself dry and then quickly change back again.

"That comes so easily for you. Doesn't' it hurt?"

"No, I guess because I've been doing it my whole life, it never bothered me. The only part that use to hurt was when I was first able to sense the fear in the other kids back home."

"You don't sense any fear from me do you?"

"No I don't" she said as she smiled

Harry put his arm around her saying "Come on now, your parents are probably worried about you by now."

"That sounds so strange. My parents worrying about me and not just my mom."

Harry looked to the side and dropped his arm "I guess you need to get use to is because the way your dad is glaring at us he isn't ever giving you up now."

"Both of you in my office Now!" Remus commanded.

The two kids bowed their heads and slowly walked to the angry man's office looking and feeling as if they were being taken away to a death sentence.

Albus, Dannie, and Sirius were watching from the doors to the Great Hall. "I think you two had better go make sure everything goes alright. Our poor friend there is stepping onto new grounds."

Dannie and Sirius agreed and then followed the three of them. The kids immediately sat down in the chairs while the witnesses quietly stood in the doorway.

Chapter End Notes:
Please Review