Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Uh-oh....Busted!

"Do you realize what you two put us through? That was suppose to be a short flight of the grounds. Instead you disappear ALL day long."

"Uncle Remus, It's..."

"Don't you dare come up with some lame excuse Harold J. Potter! You remember just last spring during the tournament? You yourself came back saying how Voldemort was alive again. and here you go and pull a stunt like this?"

"But Uncle..."

As Remus growled, Sirius cleared his throat to draw his friend's attention, which worked but only for a short time.

"As your punishment, the two of you will remain in your quarters for the next three days and we will have the house elves bring you your meals."

"Yes sir" Harry sulked.

"But what about the change tonight?" Bria asked

Severus then walked in carrying a potion bottle. "Excuse me Remus, there is only two hours left until it's time and you must take the potion."

"How could I forget? Sirius would you chaperone Bria while I change?"

Dannie spoke up "If Sirius doesn't mind I will keep an eye on her."

Turning his head away he said, "But I just may try to attack you after I turn."

Dannie put her hand on his cheek to move his head towards hers and then looked in his eyes. "Not if I decide to run tonight you won't." and in hearing that Bria ran up and hugged her mom.

"Welcome to my home luv. Looks like tonight is finally my turn to show you around my forest." He said with a smile.

Bria whispered to Sirius "Looks like I'll be the one chaperoning here."

"Need any help?"

"No, I think I can handle my parents just fine."

"That I don't doubt but, I would still feel better about everything if I was there. Just tonight."

Bria thought about the request for a second "Ok but just for tonight. After this time it's just us. Deal?"

"Deal" Sirius said as they shook hands. Then he pulled Snape aside. "I'm going to tag along and keep an eye on the kids. Would you keep an eye on Harry tonight?"

"Me, alone with him? Are you out of your mind?."

"Severus, he is no different than we were as kids. Just make sure you take the cloak away from him. Besides he may enjoy the time alone so he can catch up on some more reading. You never know he may even feel like talking about it."

Severus looked at the Lupin family and sighed. "Fine you owe me."

"In the end you'll consider the debt paid. You will feel it will be worth this chance to get to know him."

******************************

Later that night as the three wolves prepared for the night out, Harry pulled out the diary and plopped down in a chair by the fireplace when there was a knock at his door.

"Harry, can I come in?"

"Sure Sirius, what's up?"

"Well I'm on my way out tonight so Professor Snape is going to stay here with you."

"Stay here with me? What? Like a babysitter or something? I'm 15 years old and defiantly don't need to be looked after."

"The way you acted earlier today you do too need watching. You would not believe how many people were worried sick about you."

"But that slimy git Snape? Come on Sirius I know you hate him as much as I do."

"For a long time, yes I did hate him but, for the past few years I myself have had to grow up and forget childhood grievances. Besides I have learned that there were reasons for doing the things he did back then and I really can't blame him for those anymore."

"I HATE YOU!" Harry stomped into his room slamming the door.

Sirius' heart broke as he heard those words from Harry. "You'll feel different in the morning." And he left to catch up with his friends.

******************************

Harry threw himself on his bed thinking 'Why didn't I just stay at the Weasley's?' then he looked at the diary in his hand and started reading it again.

20 June 1979

DD,

They keep telling me they understand and how if I talk about it and them I will feel better. Thin is I don't want to talk to anyone. I just want to be left alone here in this room. Oh God...why did they have to go? If I hadn't been a witch then everything would be so perfect and we would be...or I would be part of a normal family instead of this.

I will never forget that afternoon or the screams and the lights. I don't understand why it happened or even what happened. James, Sev, Siri, Remie, Peter, and I were all sitting in the compartment on the train all having fun talking and making our plans for the summer. The train pulled into the station. We all got off and I met everyone's parents who were waiting along the tracks. In a way it felt good to be back and knowing daddy was just on the other side of the barrier. When we walked through there was screaming and it was like hell appeared. I...I saw dad and mum over someone's heads. I yelled 'DADDY' and he smiled waving at me. Then there was a green light and he was. He was...gone! James and Sev picked me up and carried me back through the barrier to the platform with all the other kids and parents while Mr. Potter and Mr. Black stayed behind to fight. I was told that it's because they are Aurors.

I don't quite remember what happened after that other than when it was all over Mr. Black, mum, and dad were... I still can't believe it.

The muggle news is passing it off as a major gang war when I know I saw wands pointed every which way. I tried going to the funeral a few days later but the Bitch Tuna stood there and yelled in-front of everyone that it was all my fault because I'm a freak. She's right...if...if it weren't for me then mum and dad would have never been at the station that day.

Right now I'm staying with the Potters because the Ministry says I will be safe here especially with Mr. P being an Auror but, Mr. Black was one too and he's also gone. At least Siri still has his mum around. I think Sev is the luckiest because once again his parents were out of town and he was on his way here with James. If only I could get rid of these nightmares. One moment dad is there waving and smiling and the next he is gone and all that's left is this dark greenish black shadow.

They are insisting that I at least sit with their family at all meals, even if I don't eat. I don't want to eat, I don't want to sleep, and I don't want to be around anyone but my dad and mum. This is not fair.

******************************

Harry put the diary down and took a deep breath. He then quietly put on his invisibility cloak and decided to go for some fresh air.

As Severus sat in the living room finishing up the lesson plans for the upcoming term he heard a door creek behind him. Quietly he pointed his wand at the front door to Harry's quarters and placed a locking charm on them. Harry didn't realize it was done and was shocked when he tried to leave.

"You might as well show yourself. You won't be able to get through those doors." Severus stated without looking up from his papers.

Harry took off his cloak and plopped down on the chair on the other side of the room. "I bet you are enjoying it keeping me as your prisoner."

"Matter of fact, I'm not. I had other plans for this evening, far more productive than babysitting a brat who thinks he can do anything he wants whenever he wants."

"I never thought I could do anything whenever I wanted. You grew up with everything like this while I grew up in a Muggle world literally locked in a cupboard under a staircase. Imagine if you were my age and all of a sudden when to live in a Muggle school and were not allowed to do any magic."

Severus sat and thought about it and remembered how Lily use to have the same kind of mischievously curious attitude. "You may have a point there. Did those relatives of your actually keep you locked up?"

"Yes. They only let me out when it was time to do my chores or when they took Dudley out to celebrate his birthday." the two of them sat there for the longest time when Harry finally said. "I have been reading my mum's diary lately and I was wondering...She mentions you in it a few times just telling how the two of you were friends along with the Sirius and Remus. If you all were friends back then what happened to cause you to hate me and my uncles so much?"

"First of all, how much have you read?"

"Well from what I can tell I just finished with the summer holidays after her/your second year."

Severus closed his eyes as he remembered. "Now I see why you felt you needed to get out. Come on lets go for a walk, I don't think your uncles would mind as long as you are escorted." Harry watched dumfoundedly as Severus counteracted the locking charm on the doors and glared at the boy until he too rose and walked out the door before him. "First I must explain to you. When I was growing up I learned early that my parents were prejudice against anybody that was not a pure blood witch or wizard. It wasn't until after my second year I never truly realized just how much their hatred controled them. That was about the same time that Voldemort first started forming his death eaters. My parents along with Draco's grandparents were some of the first to blindly join the cause. Unfortunately at that time when people joined they not only signed their lives away but also that of their children."

"Why would he want their children?"

"It was a way of punishment towards Voldemort's followers. If they did not follow every command they were given then Voldemort would put the Cruciatus Curse on the child. At that time this form of discipline was very effective since no parent could handle the idea of their own child being harmed for their own disobedience. As time went on and the children grew with the curse being placed on them, some more than others, Voldemort learned that those new followers were heartless towards everyone, especially their own children, all due to the effects of the curse's side effects. After Voldemort discovered this problem, he decided that it would be the parents’ choice on if their children were automatically signed up or not."

"Did you ever have to suffer for your parents mistakes?"

"About a week before my second year ended I was visited on the edge of the forest by my parents and Voldemort one evening. The curse was placed on me so severely that I almost died from it. If it were not for Lily and James finding me and getting me to the hospital wing as quickly as they did I probably would have. Now in order to get back into Voldemort's so called good graces it was my father whom led the attack on Kings Crossing Station that day you read about."

"Didn't they know that you would be on the Hogwarts Express that day?"

"I really do not know if they knew or even cared anymore. I was a big disappointment to my father mainly first because I wasn't accepted into Durmstrang then my friendship with your mother. It was before school started my third year that my parents were finally captured and brought up on charges that sentenced them to five years at Azkaban. I believe the time they were locked away was the best time of my own childhood mainly because the Dark Lord left me alone. But, when they were released just before seventh year started. By that time I already knew what I would be forced to undergo once my 19th birthday came around so I went to Dumbledore and together we worked out a plan that I would become a spy once I became a death-eater. Unfortunately I was unable to tell anyone of the plans."

"When was it that you stopped being friends with my uncles?"

"The only one I was really no longer friends with was Sirius. At that time it was mainly because he accused me for my parents’ actions at the train station that summer. It also really didn't help that I was friends with Malfoy. We were setting just as many pranks against them as they were with us. The only difference was we didn't get caught."

"Maybe before everyone gets back you could teach me how to be more sneaky?"

"Mr. Potter, what would Miss. Granger and Mr. Weasley say about that? And besides, how dare I the evil slimy git of a Potions Master help out a Gryffindor when I myself could have more fun deducting points from your house." He said as he smiled.

"You know, you are really not as bad as all the kids think you are. In a way I can almost see how my mum could have considered you a friend."

"I suppose I should thank you for the compliment. Your mother's friendship meant quite a lot of me when we were in school. I must warn you though, things will have to change back to normal when the train arrives."

"I know. I think it might be a bit hard on Bria though with seeing you that way all of a sudden."

"Yes it will, especially since she will be joining you in Gryffindor."

:"How do you know that? The hat hasn't sorted her yet."

"I'll tell you a secret. Ninety-nine percent of the time a child is placed in the same house that their father was in." In hearing that Harry remembered back to his own ceremony when the hat almost placed him in Slytherin, then he shook off them memory immediately. "Well Harry, I had better get you back to your quarters before that God-father of yours tries to feed me to the werewolves."

They then headed back towards the boy's quarters and Harry said. "Thank you for talking to me."

"No, no problem at all. If you ever feel you need to talk just let me know and you can serve detention again." Severus smirked.

They entered the living room and Severus sat on the couch to finish up his lesson plans while Harry went to his bedroom and pulled the diary out again.

******************************

15 December 1979

DD,

Well the holidays are here now. This year is my first Christmas without my family. This is so hard. I tried sending a gift to Petunia and her fiancé but they just returned it with a note saying that the next owl that arrives at their home would be killed. I never though I would ever feel this lonely. I have been invited to spend the holidays with the Potters. I am seriously thinking of it. They try so hard to make me feel at home there and I really want to but it really doesn't' feel right. From what I understand Petunia has signed over my guardianship to them. I am not sure how I feel about it, I really don't want to be in their way, afterall they also have Sev and Pattie living with them as well now. Turns out that their parents were involved in what happened at the train station last summer. I don't know how much they had to do with it but it must be serious because they were even sent to Azkaban. Well I had better get going now, everyone is waiting on me so we can catch the train.

LL.

Chapter End Notes:
Please review.