Into the Labyrinth by Judgment99
Summary: Snape and Harry accidentally fall through a portrait and become lost within the walls of Hogwarts.
Categories: Snape Equal Status to Harry > Comrades Snape and Harry, Teacher Snape > Trusted Mentor Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required)
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Action/Adventure
Media Type: None
Tags: None
Takes Place: 6th summer
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 11 Completed: No Word count: 13586 Read: 33176 Published: 17 Aug 2007 Updated: 20 Sep 2008
Chapter 10 by Judgment99

"Severus, Harry, I've been expecting you!" A high female voice called from the large chair behind the newly pink desk. "How was the Labyrinth? You must inquire me about everything that happened. Oh, and Mr. Potter. Your friends need to tell you something." Umbridge said sweetly. She pointed to four chairs, which held Ron, Hermione, Neville, and Luna, all of which look depressed and sorry.

Harry stared at his friends, none of them made eye contact. Harry glanced at Snape, who looked equally dumbfounded at the scene in front of them.

"Dolores, where is the headmaster?" Snape said, stepping up to face the pink toad. "why has his office been…redecorated?" He asked, staring at the various kittens and pink plushies around the room.

The pink thing took a step toward the two, "Well, Albus has decided to go against the ministry, and is now in hiding. Fudge has decreed that I be the new headmistress." She said with bitter sweetness. "Harry…your friends." Harry looked at the 4 people in the chairs.

"Guys…what is it?"

"Harry, the DA…" Hermione said, gesturing to Umbridge's desk, where 4 golden coins lay. "It's over."

"Sorry mate…" Ron hung his head.

"Dumbledore's gone…" Neville shut his eyes.

"Harry, it's alright. No one got hurt." Luna said melodiously.

Harry couldn’t believe his ears. Umbridge had found out, she new, and she knew Harry was the leader of it all. Harry looked at Snape, he looked deep in thought. The headmaster is gone. And Potter's going to be in an abhorrent amount of trouble…The gold coins…perhaps that is how this charade lasted so long…

Snape slowly walked toward Umbridge. "I see…Delores, would you mind if I had a moment with Potter. Perhaps there is more valuable information that only he holds."

This got her full attention, "Yes, of course Severus! Please do." She opened the office door with a flick of her wand. Harry and Snape walked down the staircase, soon they reached the bottom and Snape turned to Harry. "Follow me, quickly!" Snape threw over his shoulder as he hurried to an unknown destination.

Harry was jogging to keep up with Snape, who was walking fairly fast.

Soon they arrived at an empty classroom. Snape quickly closed and locked the door with a spell. "Potter, with the headmaster gone you are a sitting duck for the Ministry. I'm guessing Albus left no idea of where he is hiding, but I have an idea…we will go directly to the Order of The Phoenix's headquarters. Your friends must, however, stay here." Snape peered through the only window in the classroom. "Here." He said as he shoved the coin that stared there whole ordeal into Harry's hands. "It might come in handy. Surely nobody else in your little club has one, anymore. It will be safe to use. And I also have one…now." Snape took another golden coin from his pocket. "I took it while that woman wasn’t looking." Snape said with a smirk. "When we arrive at the Headquarters, I will come back here. If any people from the ministry show up, us this. Or if Albus shows up."

Harry nodded, he was having hard time processing what just happened. He was still concentrating on the 'you cant bring your friends' part.

"I'm sure Black will be more than happy to keep you quiet." He said sourly.

"Sirius…I bet he knows where Dumbledore is!"

"Hmm…" Snape rolled his onyx eyes at the Sirius's name. "We don’t have much time, it doesn't take that long to interrogate someone. We'll have too move fast and get to the grounds. It shouldn't take long. Try and keep up, I don’t feel like holding your hand through this."

Harry glared at the back of Snape's head. Condescending jerk…

Harry and Snape made it to the grounds in a matter of minutes. With no portraits to tattle on them, it was fairly easy.

"Alright, when we reach the woods grab onto my robes. We'll have to apparate." Snape waved his wand and for a brief moment Harry was surrounded by a dark purple mist. "I have placed a charm on you." Snape answered the questioned glance he was getting. "It's to keep you under the radar, you are not yet of age…Don’t think of trying it yourself. It's considerable dark magic."

Harry nodded slightly in approval.

The Forbidden Forest was close. The two had to hid and sneak in the shadows to get to there.

"Now Potter!"

Harry grabbed his Potion Professor's robes and disappeared with a loud CRACK!

---------------

The two landed in front of the Order's headquarters and quickly walked in.

"Who's there?!" Sirius ran from the hall with his wand ready. His dark brown curls covering his left eye.

"Sirius! It's me!…and Snape." Harry said, taking a few steps towards him.

"Prove it." Sirius said, not putting down the wand. Apparently Snape and Harry arriving unscheduled was a bad thing, with the Ministry and everything. And none can be trusted.

"For Merlin's sake Black! I am Severus Snape and this is your godson Harry James Potter!" he spat out Harry's middle and last name like it was bone replenishing potion. "You can take the form of a large bear-dog, or whatever it is, and this is the Order of the Phoenix's headquarters. My birthday is January 9th and I hate your stupid guts. Go, Potter." Snape finished, trying to prove to Sirius that is was indeed him.

"Uhh...well…your nickname is Padfoot. I have the Marauders map you and my father mad while in Hogwarts. Me and Hermione helped you escape getting your soul sucked out by the dementors. And Remus's nickname is Moony….Oh! And you are the only person in your family to be in Gryffindor and not Slytherin." Harry took another step toward Sirius, who by hearing all of this finally put his wand down and smiled at Harry.

Sirius sighed and said, "I'm sorry Harry. There's been so much havoc lately, its just a necessary precaution. I hear Umbridge has taken over Hogwarts, is that why you’re here?" Sirius said while giving Harry a big bear hug.

"Actually that's exactly why we're here. With Albus gone Potter is an easy target for that woman, and the Ministry. Potter must stay here until I have made safety measures at Hogwarts. I assume that is alright?" Snape said, mildly glaring at Sirius.

"Never assume anything Snivels. It makes and a--" Sirius was cut off by Remus walking in.

"Harry! Severus! What an interesting surprise. Is everything alright?" Remus asked, sounding a little worried.

"Things could be better. Let's go into the kitchen, Tonks and Mad-eye are here as well." Sirius began to walk to the open door at with his arm around Harry's shoulders. Snape took a watch from his pocket and checked the time, he could spare 5 minutes taking to these idiots.

"Harry and Severus are here, its urgent." Remus said as he entered the room. He soon had Tonks's and Mad-Eye's full attention. Harry, Sirius , and Snape walked in wand sat down. Snape stood in his usual spot at the front of the table.

"Well?" Tonks asked. "Has something happened?"

"Yes," Snape started talking. "It appears that this year was the year that Salazar's Labyrinth appeared once again." Mad-Eye nodded, but Tonks looked confused. "I don’t have time to explain everything right now, supposedly I am interrogating Potter for information on Dumbledore's whereabouts. Know where he is?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Aye! He was here a few days ago, left to go to an undisclosed location, said it was better for our own safety that we didn’t know." Mad-Eye answered.

Snape nodded. Sounds about right… "During Potter's detention we both accidentally fell into the Labyrinth and just barely came out today, no less than an hour ago. When--"

"Why did Harry have detention?!" Sirius asked, cutting off Snape.

"Not now Black! Potter will have to fill in after I leave. As I was saying…when we ended up in the Headmaster's office, Albus was gone and Umbridge was there. Fudge has apparently placed her as the new head of Hogwarts…And that leaves off to where I started. I told her I would ask potter questions and we both left the ground and apparated here. I placed a charm on Potter so he shall not be detected by the Ministry while we apparated. He needs to stay here while I go back and make arrangements…" Snape took the watch from his pocket out again. He had spent 7 minutes talking about the events. "I have to go, if I take anymore time she will know something is happened with Potter." Snape faced Harry, who was sitting next to Sirius. "Don’t forget about that coin." Harry nodded. Snape quickly turned, "I will be coming back for Potter when everything has been set, don’t ask me stupid questions the next time I come." He threw over his shoulder.

Snape quickly exited the kitchen and soon he heard the front door close and the sound of apparation.

"Why did you have detention?" Sirius asked Harry. "Is that git punishing you for no reason?"

"No, well…I just wouldn’t tell him what this coin was for." Harry held up the fake galleon, and handed it Sirius. "It's for the D.A. Anyway while I was in detention we fell through this picture that was apparently the was into the Labyrinth. Which reminds me that I haven't eaten or gone to the bathroom in about 3 days so excuse me." Harry rushed out of the kitchen and into the bathroom.

"Moody, what is this Labyrinth?" Tonks asked while Harry was in the bathroom. "Ah…it's Salazar's labyrinth. He built it to test the high ranked students of Hogwarts. But since none of them made it out alive, the other founders forced him to destroy it. Of course he didn’t want to ruin something' he worked so hard on, so he sent it to a different dimension. It returns once every 10 years, for about 5 days." Moody's fake eye went to the spot where Harry was sitting. "It's a miracle they made it out. But with Severus, Harry was alright. The place gave Slytherins and edge. Their magic worked a little, the other student's magic didn’t. So they were alright from the beginning."

"I see…" Tonks nodded and looked at Lupin. "I guess it's a good thing Snape brought Harry here. What arrangements do you think he has to make? It wont be very safe for him anywhere Umbridge is."

"I'm not sure, we'll just let Severus do whatever he's going to do." Remus answered.

Sirius had been listen to the conversation while he was making Harry something to eat, he wasn’t pleased with this labyrinth Harry had been stuck in for 3 days, and with Snape was even worse. But he knew what they were saying was right. Snape wouldn’t let Harry die, no matter how much he hated him.

Five minutes later Harry was back and sitting down next to Sirius, who had made him some soup and a ham sandwich. "It's the only thing I can make that wont turn out extra toasty." Sirius smiled.

"It's alright! I'm starving." Harry began eating his sandwich, not really paying attention to the people around him.

Remus looked at the watch on his hand, "I think its about time we get going, see you all later." Remus and Tonks got up.

"Yes." Mad-Eye also stood up and nodded his head at Harry and Sirius. Soon the three left out the kitchen and out the front door.

"Um reewy gwad to swee you agwen Sewius." Harry said through mouthfuls of food.

Sirius smiled at the boy in front of him. "Yes. Now Harry, fill me in on everything that happened so far. What did you do in the Labyrinth?"

To be continued...
End Notes:
Yay new chapter! Blah...sorry MAJOR writers block lately.....Oh and Tigriss93, could you give me your email address? If you still wanna be my beta of course.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=1382