Into the Labyrinth by Judgment99
Summary: Snape and Harry accidentally fall through a portrait and become lost within the walls of Hogwarts.
Categories: Snape Equal Status to Harry > Comrades Snape and Harry, Teacher Snape > Trusted Mentor Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required)
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Action/Adventure
Media Type: None
Tags: None
Takes Place: 6th summer
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 11 Completed: No Word count: 13586 Read: 33179 Published: 17 Aug 2007 Updated: 20 Sep 2008
Actually into the Labarinth by Judgment99
Author's Notes:
This chapter shall explaine the Title.

The rest of the day went as usual. Until potions.

Harry looked under the desks again as he wrote down the homework that Snape had assigned.

“Now…before you all leave…I must share a rule with you…” Snape said, looking at Harry. “You should not bring any valuables into my class….If they are lost or if you have left them accidentally in my class…you will not get them back.” He finished. The rest of the students looked confused but Harry understood. Snape DID find the Galleon.

Harry shot a worried glance at Ron, who apparently got the message too. They then both looked at Hermione, who didn’t seem to notice them.

“Dismissed.” Snape said, still looking at Harry.

All the students rushed out of Snape’s class, except Ron and Harry who were quickly stuffing their books in their bags.

“Potter. Stay after class.” Snape said as he hovered over Harry.

Ron looked at Harry then Snape. “Just Potter.” Snape said walking back to his desk.

Harry shrugged and stayed while Ron left. He turned to face his potions teacher, who had the galleon in his hand.

“ Did you understand why I made that rule Potter?” Snape said, messing with the coin.

“ Yes, sir.” Harry said, trying to not look at the galleon.

“ And you understand the consequences?” Snape said, enjoying Harry’s torment. Consequences? Snape hadn’t mentioned consequences… “ N-no..sir” Harry admitted slowly.

“ Hmm…detention Potter. My office 8 o‘clock.” Snape said, sneering.

Harry opened his mouth to speak but quickly shut it. Uggghhhh….I need that galleon….

“ …..is there any particular reason you had this in class?” Snape said sounding intrigued.

“ No. “

“ So you don’t need it?

“ …no”

“ yes….your not a very good liar, Potter.” said Snape. “ If it’s not important why were you searching my class? Care to explain that one?”

Oh great…I’m dead… “ I wasn’t in here last night.” Harry said, trying to sound confident.

“ I never said last night….how do you know it was last night I almost caught a thief?” Snape said, obviously enjoying this. “ Well?..”

“ Well you would have told us that yesterday if it wasn’t last night.” Harry said thinking quickly.

“…but it wasn’t. Now..if you just tell me what this particular coin is for…I wont alert Umbridge.” said Snape. Should I tell him?….no I cant. “ I have never seen that coin Professor.” Harry lied.

“ Yes…8 o’clock.”

------

Harry arrived at Snape’s office door. I should have just told him…now Umbridge is going to find out…Harry knocked on the door twice and a familiar voice told him to come in.

“ Since there are no dirty cauldrons to clean you can dust the shelves and clean them.” Snape said, making a duster appear.
“ Ok.” Harry said picking up the duster Snape conjured for him and began to dust.

Snape was busy grading papers when a startles gasp from Harry broke his concentration.

He quickly looked up. Harry was sticking his hands through a portrait in Snape’s office.

“ Potter! Get away from there quickly!” Snape said with urgency in his voice.

Harry tried to pull away put his arm was stuck.

“Now!” Snape yelled.

“ I-I can’t!” Harry said sounding terrified. “ what is this?” he said a little calmer.

“ I think it’s the entrance to the Labyrinths…..hold still…” Snape said quietly.

“ What are the Labyrinths?” Harry said no longer scared. “has it always been here?”

“ No it hasn’t…it only appears for 5 days every 10 years“ Snape said “Slytherin built the Labyrinth’s to test high ranked students…but so many died he was forced to destroy it. Instead of getting rid of it completely…he sent it to another dimension where it reappeared at Hogwarts for only 5 days every 10 years…its location is always random…”he finished, tugging Harry from the portrait.

“ …..oh…” Harry said rubbing his shoulder. “ well…do you just leave it here?

“ Yes….hmmm..” Snape said, he pulled out the galleon from his robes and considered what to do with it. He's going to throw it in there?!

Harry saw Snape was distracted and tried to grab it.

He wasn’t fast enough. Snape quickly jumped backwards towards the portrait.

“…so..you do need this coin?” Snape hissed.

Harry tried once more and missed. Snape jumped back once again and was now grabbing Harry by the robes, trying not to fall into the portrait. Harry was trying to keep from falling on Snape.

Harry couldn’t keep his balance and smacked right into Snape. They both fell head first into the Labyrinth.

To be continued...


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=1382